[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The movie had some nice callbacks, but the last lines felt a
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12
File: luke.jpg (11 KB, 236x236) Image search: [Google]
luke.jpg
11 KB, 236x236
The movie had some nice callbacks, but the last lines felt a bit ham handed
>Who are you?
>My name is Luke, I am your father
>>
>Rey, there's no time.. The Force awakens

DIRECTED BY JJ ABRAMS
>>
>>64120838
We've fought in Many Star Wars. But now The Force Awak-

DIRECTED BY J.J ABRAMS
>>
I have how callbacks are such a thing now. Like we get it, you watched the other movies or read the comic book or the original book or whatever, but why are you clapping and cheering?

It's fucking Pavlovian.
>>
File: Porkins.jpg (459 KB, 672x816) Image search: [Google]
Porkins.jpg
459 KB, 672x816
>ham handed
>>
>>64120838

>Luke Skywalker, you are looking for, HMMMM? Take you to him, I will
>>
>"You're Jedi, niggu"
>>
>>64121143
>yfw Quentin is a wise Jedi master
>>
>>64120838
>I feel now... that The Force Awakens...
Walked out of the theatre at once
>>
>Rey, you are now a Jedi
>credits
>>
The post-credits scene felt really inappropriate to me
>Hello up there!
>I seem to have fallen down a cliff.
>I'm still alive, but I'm very badly injured.
>>
>>64120838
That whole final scene was really awkard. Rey holding the lightsaber waiting for Luke to do something and pick it up already, then Luke looks at her and they stare awkardly at each other,like he was supposed to do something but didn't because he has Jedi alzheimer.
>>
His hair is glorious.
>>
>>64120838
>Rey, have you ever sucked a jedi cock
>come here, I'll show you
>>
>>64121549
I think it was OK until they jumped into each others arms and started French kissing passionately.

Like, where the hell did that come from?
>>
>I cant believe it but finally, after all these years and all these Star wars, the force awakens!

Such shit.
>>
>Luke Skywalker..
>Now that's a name I've not heard in a long time, a long time...

What the fucking shit was that?
>>
>>64121549
It would have been GOAT with a single well framed shot of her handing it up to him. The spinning helicopter... wtf was Abrahms thinking?
>>
File: smug son of a bitch.png (331 KB, 502x289) Image search: [Google]
smug son of a bitch.png
331 KB, 502x289
GIRL HMMM! i shouldnt get a force awakens with this one.
>>
> J.J. Abrams had the idea that after Rey witnesses Luke's death, she puts on his robes and proclaims "Now I am Luke" and morphs into him.

Really Jew Jew?
>>
>>64121657
that's actually a good line
>>
Wait, Luke is now being played by Slavoj Zizek? Now that is a bold move by Disney.
>>
>>64121571
>Your father's meatsaber. An elegant organ... for a more civilized age.
>>
File: 1310483412100.jpg (34 KB, 413x395) Image search: [Google]
1310483412100.jpg
34 KB, 413x395
>>64121657
>all these Star wars
>>
>My wifes daugher, alive?

Worst line in the movie.
>>
>>64122187
Seriously, it's like Luke doesn't even acknowledge that she's transgender it's so problematic
>>
>>64121614
When Finn jumped in at the end and they had that threesome it really felt a bit overdone tbqhf
>>
>>64120838
>There has been a Star Wars™ The Force Awakens™ coming to theaters December 18th
This one felt forced, if you'll pardon the pun
>>
>>64122187
i laughed far harder at this than i should have
>>
At my theater, someone spoke for Luke and everyone believed it came from the movie.

>Rey, I am your daughter
>wat

People were talking about it later on.

>How could Luke be Rey's daughter?
>He isn't even a woman!
>She's older than him!

People are fucked.
>>
chewie, we finally are jj abrams presents star wars the force awakens
>>
File: hamill.jpg (25 KB, 266x399) Image search: [Google]
hamill.jpg
25 KB, 266x399
>>64120838
Mark Hamill looks less homeless with a beard than without one
>>
>you can tell Hamill lost weight and got into shape
>you can tell Fjord lost weight and got into shape
>Leia still looks like a coked-up chubbie
>>
>>64121495

Someday, I will pay to see a movie in a theater.

And, as I always do when I pay good money to see a movie in a theater that I haven't seen before, I stay in the room until the credits are done, to see if there's a stinger. A slithering noise at the end of Aliens. A verrry soft "yo no quiero morir" at the end of the Sixth Sense. Vader's mask at the end of Phantom Menace. I seem to remember that Wayne's World had a post-credits stinger. But none of these is the greatest stinger of all time.

Someday, I will pay to see a movie in a theater. And when I do, I will see an homage to the greatest post-credits stinger of them all: Ferris Bueller's day off. And a main character will walk into a hallway, towel on after a shower, and break the fourth wall: "Why are you still here? The movie's over. Go home. Go on..."
>>
I don't care what anyone says: Luke's scene was fucking awesome. Gave me more feels than Solo's death.

Solo's death was like witnessing a dog being put down.

That character had been gone for 30 years and as far as I am concerned, Ford coming back on film isn't like Solo's really back, because Solo isn't, and never will be, an old fuck who can barely run. Not trying to be mean, but that's not Solo to me. Solo is frozen in the past.

I don't like this meme of taking old characters back: it was shit in the Indy movie and it's shit now. Let's move forward. I don't care to see my favourite heroes age. Except Luke, because he looks fucking awesome.
>>
>>64120838
Reminder that Luke wears basically a white version of his black Jedi jacket with some robes on it
>>
>>64123602
>you can tell Fjord lost weight and got into shape

He didn't. He was always like this. But he's too fucking old now and lost it. This wasn't Solo, this was Harrison Ford.
>>
>>64123610
>Vader's mask at the end of Phantom Menace.

Wait, what? I don't remember this.
>>
File: 1450841157022.png (398 KB, 442x513) Image search: [Google]
1450841157022.png
398 KB, 442x513
>>64120838
>Rey, after the phantom menace was defeated, the clones attacked and the Sith got their revenge, a new hope arose and the empire struck back, but the return of the jedi was what really thwarted them. Now, daughter, after all these Star Wars finally The Force Awakens™ within you.
JEW JEW ABRAHAM YOU FUCKING HACK, YOU'VE DONE IT AGAIN
>>
File: obi-wan_and_anakin.jpg (38 KB, 496x330) Image search: [Google]
obi-wan_and_anakin.jpg
38 KB, 496x330
The prequels were worse:

>Anakin, you really are a star. Wars the phantom menace loses are rare, but I'm sure we can defeat him if we work together.
>>
>>64120838
DOCTOR REY, I'M JEDI
>>
File: MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.jpg (6 KB, 297x169) Image search: [Google]
MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.jpg
6 KB, 297x169
>>64121233
>>64121143
>teach you the ways of the force? MMMMM not gonna do it.
>>
>>64123684

Thank you for your service
>>
>>64123684
>Now we must go to...the extended universe!
>>
JEDIS?
mmm!

I love it!
Luke Skywalker meets Rey Fett-Organa. I love it, i love bringing people together!
>>
>>64123678

Let me clarify: The first few examples I mentioned are not video segments, but just subtle (but clearly audible) audio segments which coda-the credits music. They count as easter eggs.

I am not referring to a video segment; rather, I am simply referring to a snippet of audio: that is, Vader's BREATHING, not a visual of the mask. IIRC (and as online articles on this subject are confirming for me), this is present at the end of the credits.

The one on this list that surprises me is "E.T.", because I've watched the old, real version of that movie like 20 times since I was a little kid. Perhaps it was left off my old VHS, or else they're referring to added material for an anniversary where they fucked it all up.
>>
"Am Luke. Am father."
"Do not want."
>>
>>64123836

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_films_with_post-credits_scenes

The trope is heavily favored by comedies, but it could also be used by dramas and horror movies to resolve sub-plot points left unresolved in the body of the film, for attentive viewers. It seems to have gotten much more popular in the past ten years with all the fungible capeshit.
>>
>LUKE SKYWALKER
>IS YOUR NAME LUKE SKYWALKER
>I'VE GOT SOMETHING FOR YOU, A LIGHTSABER
>YOU SEE WE'VE HAD THIS LIGHTSABER IN OUT POSSESSION FOR THE PAST 40 YEARS
Really JJ?
>>
File: f0b.png (202 KB, 680x453) Image search: [Google]
f0b.png
202 KB, 680x453
>>64123823
>>
>>64120838
>Luke sees Rey
>starts cackling like the Joker

DIRECTED BY JJ ABRAMS
>>
>>64125078
>It was me, Rey, the author of Oliver Payne
What did he mean by this
>>
>>64123721
kek
>>
>THE SUPREME LEADER IS WISE
A KINO BY JJ ABRAHAMS
>>
Is it just me, or does American theaters sound stupid as fuck?

Do people really yell stuff, and laugh at unintended places as a form of criticism of the movie? In my country, when the title comes up, people shut the fuck up and enjoy the movie. Sometimes they laugh if there's an obviously comedic moment.

>>64123369
That's really funny, but someone really yelled during the movie, without five people beating the shit out of him?
>>
I wonder if they'll release a version with an end credits scene, just to make people go see it again.
>>
>>64124098
>Back To The Star Wars
>No not you Luke It's your kids, somebody's gotta do something about your kids!
>>
>>64121038
I was waiting for the fat x wing fighter to get killed. That was all I could think about during that damn fight scene. Then that fat fuck just flew away. I want my money back.
>>
File: MAttPArker.jpg (44 KB, 450x600) Image search: [Google]
MAttPArker.jpg
44 KB, 450x600
>>64126628
>fat x wing fighter
>>
>>64127607
I hate that fuck and I hate his fucking face. He was annoying.
>>
>>64120838
Why would she ask who is he you retard ?
Everyone was looking for Luke Skywalker all the time
>>
>>64127638
That sounds like a personal problem
>>
>>64127673
Sup reddit
>>
Rey...the force awakens.

Literally spit out my crab legs, threw my phone at the screen and burned the cinema down.
>>
>y'all niggaz finna be gettin smacked wit muh sabah n big ass space nigga DICK ayy ayy where Rey at doe??

Good writing for Finn.
>>
>>64121000
its coming to an end slowly, the theater i was at you had that first slow claps as the assholes thought others would join in but it did't happen and they stooped within a few seconds
>>
>>64120838
>I've seen things you people wouldn't believe
>>
>>64127769
>showing star wars
>a cinema

that's a flick factory, family
>>
No way that cunt is his daughter.
>>
File: Hamill.jpg (73 KB, 960x512) Image search: [Google]
Hamill.jpg
73 KB, 960x512
What the hell happened to him? He and Spede were such handsome team...
>>
>>64127607
Wouldn't Parkman be a Jedi though?
I mean, being able to read minds pretty much is half way there.
Thread replies: 71
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.