[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I can't decide if this show is shit or not.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: mr-robot.jpg (80 KB, 600x549) Image search: [Google]
mr-robot.jpg
80 KB, 600x549
I can't decide if this show is shit or not.
>>
>>64117722
Plot is shit especially at the end, but slightly entertaining nonetheless. The IT references are surprisingly accurate most of the time. (Except when they do things like Hack the prison and stuff)
>>
Me either. It's not total shit, but it's not very good either. It's almost good. The production is top quality and the acting is great, even if Elliott's whole blank monotone zombie autist glare gets a little grating, it's just the writing that lets it down. It hinges the narrative so much on surface level extended metaphors about random hacker shit that it feels really forced and artificial, there is nothing 'great' about it, it's just like some Occupy protesters wet dream extended for 10 hours. The flaw is that they're not telling us something they think we need to hear, they're telling us what they think we want to hear, and it shows.

Disclaimer: I've only seen the first 5 episodes. I reserve judgement about the ending, as I'm told it goes in an unexpected direction.
>>
It's decent, nothing that deserves any high praise but Christian Slater is fantastic as expected.
>>
>>64117722
I can decide for you, it's fucking garbage reddit trash
>>
Best show of 2015
>>
>>64117722
Literally fedora: the show
>>
I simply hated it. I'd sooner watch more Supernatural and think about how my brain is atrophying before this shit.
>>
File: 1443273709847[1].jpg (39 KB, 480x347) Image search: [Google]
1443273709847[1].jpg
39 KB, 480x347
>The lock pick. Every hacker's favorite sport.
The show is so bad. The whole thing is just some autistic neckbeard's cringy power fantasy. I roll my eyes any time someone uses the word "hack". The twist was predictable from episode 3. There was literally an episode where he "hacked" a guy out of prison. It follows all the fedoracore movie cliches like "having mental illnesses is cool" and "I'm socially retarded and awkward but all these hot girls still gravitate towards me". The whole Tyrell story arc was like the writers though that just plagiarizing Fight Club wasn't enough so they decided to throw in American Psycho since those movies have the same fan base. There were so many dumb philosophies that only a retarded teenage liberal could agree with like "Making money is a bad thing", "Wiping everyone's debt would be a good thing", "Corporations are evil", "Releasing puppies from animal shelters will help the puppies" etc etc.
Anyone who thinks this show is anything more than a 5/10 "Turn your brain off popcorn flick" is a fucking retard
>>
>>64118490
what twist?
>>
Something about the way it rips off Fight Club to the point it's even acknowledged within the show really irks me. You shouldn't be so blatant about that.

I did like Elliott's sometimes fourth wall breaking relationship with the audience, though.
>>
>>64117722
It's meme shit

only le reddit memesters watch it
>>
It's a TBBT for "real" nerds.
Completely and utterly panders to people who spend more than an hour online every day with references to TOR and other IT shit.
Protag also looks like fucking shit.
>>
>>64118490
It wasn't an animal shelter, it was where they were killing the dogs nobody claimed.
And, yes, I agree that it was a stupid thing to do.
>>
>>64118490
this post is embarrassing
>>
Its decent to good. I'm waiting for another season. Dat score and cinematography.
>>
>>64118325
>I reserve judgement about the ending, as I'm told it goes in an unexpected direction.
The only reason you're not expecting it is because you figure it out in the first five episodes but think "Nah; they cannot be writing something this retarded".
The surprise is that they are.
>>
>>64119070

Tyrell was the most interesting to me but then of course they made him into a cartoon financial psychopath Patrick Bateman guy. I was extremely disappointed with the "Evil Corp killed Elliott's dad" and honestly if they do nothing to undermine the very blatant and childlike HURRRR COPORATIONZ R BAD, LETS BLOW EM UP stuff then I will be pissed, I honestly think fsociety are domestic terrorists and they all deserve to be waterboarded, but I'm gonna stick with it and see how it goes.
>>
File: 1439494152314.jpg (258 KB, 704x528) Image search: [Google]
1439494152314.jpg
258 KB, 704x528
Wait a minute.....So we establish that Elliot forgot his Dad and Sister.

But it's been said that his Dad died...so where the fuck has his dad been all this time? His first encounter with Elliot in Episode one was borderline stalking him throughout the city & subway. That doesn't sound like they were in contact all this time and Elliot just forgot.

So he disappeared, came back out of nowhere. Meaning he wasn't present in Elliot's life at a certain point in his teen-hood, yet there are all these modern pictures on that Disk of his father
>>
>>64118490
>There were so many dumb philosophies that only a retarded teenage liberal could agree with like "Making money is a bad thing", "Wiping everyone's debt would be a good thing", "Corporations are evil", "Releasing puppies from animal shelters will help the puppies" etc etc.
congratulations. you missed the entire point of the third act.

Daily reminder that Elliot being an edgy hacker goth who thinks he's above everything is intentional in order to have the rug pulled from under him in the last few episodes.

Anyone who doesn't get this is under 15 years old.
>>
is elliot white
>>
best show of the year, deal with it lebbit
>>
>>64117722
Then why are asking 4chan, and /tv/ of all places, who are primarily contrarian?
>>
>>64117722
DUDE IM A HACKER LMAO
>>
>>64118416
That's not Fargo season 2
>>
>DUDE IT WAS PRANK LMAOO
also 4chan the show
>>
>>64120698
>Fargo
more like Jumping Shark lmao
>>
first few episodes
>e corp is just a big corp
>wellick meets elliot and at least behaves friendly
>mr robot pushes elliot on the rocks
>it's unclear who's good and who's bad
how do we resolve this dilemma
>next ep
>wellick beats up a homeless guy just for the sake of showing that he's a bad corporation psychopath
>oh also e corp toxic waste killed elliot's and angela parents
>problem resolved we can go back to destroying bad corporation ;^)
>>
First episode had promise, went downhill from there into some pseudo crap.

It's basically Reddit: The Show.
>>
the people that shit on this show always seem to be fucking retarded for some reason.
>>
What the fuck was the deal with (minor season finale spoilers) Tyrell's wife and her creepy encounter with Elliott? She spoke Swedish to him and looked like she expected him to understand
>>
>>64121775
she said something like "if you've hurt Tyrell I'll kill you" or along those lines
>>
>>64117932
pretty much this, first 2-3 episodes were fun
>>
>>64120404
>it was on purpose!
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.