[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have ten seconds to defend capeshit >Deadpool >Batman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 15
File: capeshit.jpg (25 KB, 350x324) Image search: [Google]
capeshit.jpg
25 KB, 350x324
You have ten seconds to defend capeshit

>Deadpool
>Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
>Captain America: Civil War
>X-Men: Apocalypse
>Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2
>Suicide Squad
>Gambit
>Doctor Strange
>Killing Joke Animated
>Batman: Bad Blood Animated
>Justice League v Titans Animated

This is just fucking 2016

2017:
>Bloodshot
>Wolverine sequel
>Guardians of the Galaxy sequel
>Wonder Woman
>Fantastic Four 2
>ANOTHER FUCKING SPIDER-MAN
>ANOTHER FUCKING THOR
>Justice League: Part One
>LEGO Batman

2018:
>Black Panther
>Flash
>ANOTHER FUCKING AVENGERS
>ANOTHER FUCKING ANT-MAN
>ANOTHER FUCKING X-MEN
>ANOTHER FUCKING SPIDER-MAN
>FUCKING AQUAMAN

2019:
>CAPTAIN MARVEL
>Shazam, whatever the fuck that is
>ANOTHER ANOTHER FUCKING AVENGERS
>ANOTHER JUSTICE LEAGUE
>Inhumans, again, literally who

2020:
>Cyborg from Teen Titans getting his own movie
>some untitled unspecified Marvel movie
>FUCKING GREEN LANTERN AGAIN
>another untitled unspecified Marvel movie
>a fucking THIRD untitled unspecified Marvel movie
>REDDITPOOL 2 IS ALREADY FUCKING PLANNED
>100 Bullets, AKA Who Fucking Cares: The Movie: The Game
>Yet another two Spider-Man movies
>even more untitled Batman, Superman, and a fucking Venom movie

Filmmaking a shit

When will this shitty industry crash so we can get real films again?
>>
I LIKE THAT THEY ALL FOLLOW THE SAME FORMULA SO THAT I KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND UNDERSTAND THE PLOT AND I LIKE THE BRIGHT COLOURS
>>
>>64117505
Capeshit is great. You always know the good guys will beat the bad guys and you can just turn your brain off and enjoy the explosions, without having to think about a plot
>>
>>64117563
>explodes anally
>>
>>64117563

Are you me
>>
>He doesn't like watching Iron Man 24
>>
File: whoosh.jpg (103 KB, 1260x720) Image search: [Google]
whoosh.jpg
103 KB, 1260x720
*whoosh*
>>
>>64117505
You forgot TFA
>>
>>64117505

It will crash in 2020 when all of you self-absorbed 80's fucks start making something of your life and stop living in nostalgia land, throwing money at this trend.

I'm born in 1989, and sure I loved super hero's when I was a kid... but then I grew up. The Dark Knight really isn't that good, it doesn't hold up today it's dialogue is atrocious. Only good thing that came out of Batman was CIA.

Avengers was shit too, haven't bothered watching the second. Basically every Marvel movie sucks except the 3 Blade movies.
>>
File: 453245.jpg (86 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
453245.jpg
86 KB, 640x640
SAVE US, ZACK ''BASED'' SNYDER!
>>
>>64117505
Don't forget to add in a new Star Wars movie every single year
>>
>>64117710
>mercury poisoning
>>
When will this shitty industry crash so we can get real films again?

>when the millions of fuckheads stop watching and supporting this shit
>>
>>64117505
don't forget the luke cage tv show on netflix
>>
File: 1450809848733.gif (555 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450809848733.gif
555 KB, 300x300
I fucking hate capeshit so much.

You guys have no idea. I detest it with every atom in my body.

I want to KILL everyone who watches all this marvel and DC trash.
>>
>>64117976

Marvel is to blame, DC is at least somewhat trying.
>>
>>64117929
Never
TFA proved once again that mediocrity is fine
>>
>>64117505
Capeshit is today's version of lighting a blunt and putting in a Bob Marley track.

Don't make war brah.
Make love.
>>
>>64117563
>>64117613
>>64117658
Literally cancer
>>
>>64118038
Dcuck detected
>>
>>64117929
I really don't understand the thinking of, "lets go see a movie" (looks through showtimes) "never heard of it, never heard of it, looks boring. OOooooh new captain america!!!"
>>
>>64118137
Literally cancer.
>>
>>64117505
>Killing Joke Animated
>Batman: Bad Blood Animated
>Justice League v Titans Animated
The DC animated movies are probably the best capeshit out there tbf
>>
File: hehehehe.jpg (50 KB, 353x251) Image search: [Google]
hehehehe.jpg
50 KB, 353x251
>>64117929
>yfw the capeshit craze ends and they start bombing
>Hollywood still has dozens of these movies in production
>all the major studios go bankrupt and the Hollywood blockbuster model fails
>capeshit ironically saves film
>>
When studios stop relying on blockbuster IP's.
WB, Fox, Sony, Disney, Paramount, Universal
>>
>>64118185
Don't say that man.
Now it's going to hurt even more when they'll celebrate the 25th anniversary of Marvel films running strong.
>>
If they're so bad, why do people keep watching them?
>>
File: 1411526880982.jpg (55 KB, 760x519) Image search: [Google]
1411526880982.jpg
55 KB, 760x519
>>64117976
this
>>
File: CIA_children's_book.jpg (289 KB, 1150x1600) Image search: [Google]
CIA_children's_book.jpg
289 KB, 1150x1600
>>64118155
It's called being a disgusting pleb who literally needs to be gassed

Film as an artform is dead
>>
>>64117505
>You have ten seconds to defend capeshit

No one will

Pretty much everyone on /tv/ agrees that Capeshit is a bad genre

It shits out maybe 1 good movie a year alongside the sea of shit

2016 looks the best out of any of those years, Suicide Squad still has the potential to be okay. Civil War looks like shit from the trailers but Winter Soldier was legitimately a good action movie so I won't judge it just yet; probably won't bother seeing it though, likewise with Apocalypse, trailers aren't enticing but the last two were good and oscar issac is a good actor

Everything else looks shit though, especially Dawn of Justice.

The general public is getting over capeshit too. If Gaurdians of the Galaxy hadn't been good and done well at the box office It would have been a shot in the foot for Marvel and they wouldn't have bothered green lighting tons of Literally who-tier superhero movies but of course it was good so now they think they can make all these other movies that will end up actually just being shit and flopping

Infinity War will be a disaster.

>>64118236
People still watch Transformers too you know?
>>
>>64118236
Newsflash: Normies have the worst taste in everything.

>movies
capeshit
>books
implying
>games
AAA trash like assassin's creed or the latest ubisoft / EA trash, MOBAs
>music
do I really need to tell you?
>>
i liked it
>>
>>64118236
Because people are idiots, they buy Call of Duty and FIFa every year, they queue up to watch the fifth remake of Iron Man with a different costumed man in as many months.

People like what they know and they fucking suck.
>>
>>64118183
And they were good when they're weren't ten other shit "live action" greenscreen fests coming out every year

Keep drawfaggotry in drawfag land
>>
What are some actual good Capeshit?

>Spiderman 1 & 2
>Iron Man 1
>The Dark Knight
>The Winter Solider

What else
>>
>>64118372
There is no good capeshit

TDN is tolerable
>>
File: SIDEKICK.webm (2 MB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
SIDEKICK.webm
2 MB, 1280x533
>>
>>64118372
see
>>64118183

Especially the flashpoint movie. That one was cool.
>>
>>64118372
Super is the only correct answer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNuEHUhTkKM&t=1m20s
>>
I don't know why you guys are acting like your 2deep4u indie movies still don't come out. No ones putting a gun to your head and forcing you to watch these movies. No need to get your jimmies rustled over superhero movies people tend to enjoy.
>>
>>64117505
>Shazam, whatever the fuck that is

LMAAAAO
get out of here pleb fucking shit
>>
>>64117563
>turn your brain off
People who say this should literally have their brains turned off. With a bullet.
>>
>>64118461
>If you don't like capeshit you only enjoy 2deep4u indie movies
>>
>>64118185
>le_scheming_hands.jpg
>>
>>64117563
It amazes me that people bashed Transformers while defending this trash.
>>
>>64118372
Kickass 1
>>
>>64118461
>2deep4u indie movies

Pleb detected

I bet you can't even name 10 directors faggot
>>
>>64118491
>>>/co/mblr
>>
>>64118280
>if guardians of the galaxy hadn't done well at the box office

But it did. Comic book movies were big before that too. I get that you want your contrain indie 2deep4u movies but cape films are going nowhere for the foreseeable future. Don't watch them if you don't like them. There are still plenty of good movies that come out through the year mixed with the cape. Stop acting like its killing the film industry because there has always been a trend during the summer blockbuster season. When cape movies eventually fizzle out, there will be another genre to replace it and you faggots will be back on /tv/ complaining about the same shit.

I fucking hate you elite "have to hate everything popular" shitposters on here lately.
>>
>>64117505
TFA is also capeshit
>>
>>64117563
>all these people not detecting sarcasm
kek
good post anon
>>
Stop bashing superhero films, anon! I truly want to see a kiss (and even a wedding lol!!) between Prof X and Magneto in X-men:Apocalypse on May 27th! That means in 2016! Do you think it will happen if you talk nonsense about superhero films?! Please take into consideration this message and think twice before writing such things! Thank you and have a wonderful evening.
>>
>>64118625
>I fucking hate you elite "have to hate everything popular" shitposters on here lately.

I said Guardians of the Galaxy was good

Maybe you should read posts you're replying too more carefully because going on tirades accusing them of being contrarian hipsters
>>
>>64118753
>because

before*
>>
File: Have_a_bullet_for_free.jpg (34 KB, 216x291) Image search: [Google]
Have_a_bullet_for_free.jpg
34 KB, 216x291
>>64118500
>>
>>64118681
Too easy
>>
>>64118625
Inevitable.
There's already like 4-5 other genres running alongside the capeshit vying for similar attention.
>>
>>64118625
>When cape movies eventually fizzle out, there will be another genre to replace it and you faggots will be back on /tv/ complaining about the same shit.

That doesn't make the criticism any less valid. We should complain until this trend ends as a whole.
>>
File: great_post!.gif (3 MB, 386x286) Image search: [Google]
great_post!.gif
3 MB, 386x286
>>64118625
>contrarian!! XDD I posted it again!
>>
>>64118038
>DC is trying
>Skinny Jew WW
>Old Will Smith Deadshot
>BOYS. MMMM

Marvel/DC are trash.
>>
Who watches capeshit?

I thought capeshit would be catered to the remnants of the comic eras, so basically old manchildrens, but apparently it's big money.

If it's normies, why do normies care about children's stories of men in spandex suits?
>>
File: Shazam-live-action1.jpg (23 KB, 461x334) Image search: [Google]
Shazam-live-action1.jpg
23 KB, 461x334
>>64118622
It's teevee
>>
>>64117563
>enjoy the explosions
but explosions are boring
>>
>>64118895
uhh...normies enjoy comfy power fantasies.
>>
>>64118895
Why do you think the Kim Kardashian mobile game was popular?

It's a name people recognize, so the simple logic goes "I recognize that name, it must be good."
>>
>>64118866
>acting like your complaining will do anything and people won't still flock en masse to see cape films
>>
>>64117505
>Deadpool

Deadpool is a film genetically engineerd to appeal to imdbspawn /v/edditors with no sense of sophisication who laud meme dialog, which supports upvote groupthink mentality, and meme acting with a good movie pandering reddit tier meta capeshit "entertainment" sensibilities and a meme tv movie aesthetic. This is a flick at best and will rightfully ruin ryan reynolds career.
>>
File: reee.gif (2 MB, 480x481) Image search: [Google]
reee.gif
2 MB, 480x481
>>64118993
pls ISIS come and end this nightmare
>>
>>64118882
>having to resort to using buzzwords to counter a legitimate argument point
>>
File: spoder.jpg (73 KB, 300x443) Image search: [Google]
spoder.jpg
73 KB, 300x443
I remember going to watch the 2002 Spider-man with my grandma when I was a kid. It thought it was pretty good I guess. Back then having a big movie based on kid- / nerdshit was pretty rare.

Lately there's been so many movies based on heroes I had never even heard of before as a European. Iron Man, Thor, Captain America, Fantastic Four, Avengers, Green Lantern... wtf is up with this shit?

Spider-man is cool because he's just some normal nerd that gets bitten by a spider and gains super powers, but why would I want to watch a bunch of chads/stacies dress up in capes and masks? They don't even try anymore to make the characters charming or give them a human personality. It's just action bullshit now.
>>
>>64118993
It's better than doing nothing. Expressing our distaste as a community is the only healthy form of release we have from the tyranny of popular culture.
>>
>pretty much don't even bother with capeshit anymore
>just another cookie cutter, cgi snorefest
>watch gotham
>it's actually pretty good
>>
>We will never again see films like Apocalypse Now be made
>>
>>64119100
>Lately there's been so many movies based on heroes I had never even heard of before as a European

It's not just for yuropoors. Most of them are Marvel characters and Marvel characters were unknown except for Spider-Man, Hulk, Captain America and X-men
>>
>>64119168
this is the end
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.