[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched the Force Awakens today. One thing I don't get
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4
File: image.png (1 MB, 835x815) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1 MB, 835x815
I watched the Force Awakens today. One thing I don't get is why did Han Solo let Kylo Ren kill him?
>>
>>64117370

he thought kylo ren was talking about returning to the light when he wanted han's permission to kill him
>>
He had the high ground.
>>
>awww daaad you just don't understand, I'm dark and evil, it's a Sith thing, you wouldn't know about it...
>>
>>64117382
>getting killed just because of a basic misunderstanding
that's seinfeld as fuck
>>
>>64117370
he was legit convincing him then Snoke shut the light down with his force telekinesis
>>
>>64117370
>lightsaber turns on
>CRAWWWWWLLING INNNN MYY SKINNNNNNN
>>
>>64117370
Just fuck my shit up son
>>
>>64117370
He didn't, he thought Kylo would hand him the lightsaber and at such close quarters there was nothing he could do to defend himself.
>>
>>64117560

>*curb your enthusiasm theme starts playing as Han looks directly at the camera*

Haha, will ol' Han ever catch a break?
>>
Its a Snape Dumbledor thing. Kylo Ren is secretly good. That's why he went easy on Rey and Finn. He is out to kill Snoke. Han knew he had to sacrifice himself to keep up the ruse.
>>
File: 6787897899769.jpg (53 KB, 324x960) Image search: [Google]
6787897899769.jpg
53 KB, 324x960
>>64117370
>>
>>64118136
That would actually make me respect Abbrams. Having Ben infiltrate the First Order to engineer its downfall would be glorious.
>>
>kills off hans solo
>"okay, now we can see the true development of the villan and how his past was like"
>kills off villan
>"at least we will have a satisfying ending to this movie"
>shitty ending
>"there goes $16.47 down the drain..."
>
>>
>>64118282
>kills off villan
He didn't die, what the fuck are you talking about
>>
File: Laughing-Meme-Face-05.jpg (247 KB, 2048x1544) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Meme-Face-05.jpg
247 KB, 2048x1544
>>64118245
Hahaha
>the guy who planned the end of Lost years ahead....
>>
>>64118316
The guy was killed inside the planet. Didn't it blow up and kill everyone inside?
>>
>>64118170
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klmvEfIneiY
>>
>>64118351
He got knocked down as the planet started shaking. You really think the MAIN NEW VILLAIN of the franchise was killed in the first movie? You think he wasn't saved somehow?
Are you actually mentally disabled family
>>
>>64118351
You need to actually watch the film bro. Kylo's not dead.
>>
>>64118406
Don't blame me.
My friend told me about the whole film and i gave him the money to watch, since i had to work at the time.
>that fucking asshole
>>
File: kylo gets raped.jpg (233 KB, 1270x578) Image search: [Google]
kylo gets raped.jpg
233 KB, 1270x578
>>64117744
where is the good rip of this movie so I can start making Linkin Park and Drowning Pool music videos set to clips of Kylo getting mad and killing his dad?
>>
>>64117370

Cause han didn't shoot first
>>
>>64118245
>>64118136
>Kylo Ren is secretly good.
No, fuck off reddit. That is the dumbest shit I've heard you niggers say. The only character, only fucking character that has any build up, and you come up with this shit.
>>
>>64118467
>n-no, i was just kidding
>>
>>64118403
>Darth maul
>>
I actually want Kylo to be redeemed in EVIII just for the sake of having a former bad guy turned good in EIX, not because I like the character, that would be a first, and you know, something original instead of copy pasted from previous movies.
>>
>>64118403
>are you actually mentally disabled family
WOW. SUCH GRAMMAR.
>>
>>64117403
Kek
>>
>>64118695
>>>>>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64118676

I was thinking it would either be as you described or he'd turn good at the very fucking end like Vader.

The former would be a more interesting way to do it, but Snoke and Hux would have to hold up as villains on their own at that point.
>>
>watches movie
>reads whole thread 2 days later
>"fuck this shit"
>gives up on star wars fandom altogether
>>
>>64118720
If only Hux were like Thrawn
>>
By far the most entertaining part of this movie is that Han and Leia had a fucking evil autism child.

I assume it has something to do with Anakin's immaculate conception that him and his grandson turned out to be autism lords.
>>
>>64118510
People want Kylo Ren to be good because he reminds them of themselves (whiny bitches who want to powerful but are SOOOO misunderstood). They don't want to be the bad guy, so they keep saying Kylo is a secret good guy.
>>
>>64118816
the star wars fandom is fine. it's just 4chan that's retarded, which is old news.
>>
>>64118906
this is dumb tho, Kylo should be the anti-Luke. A true warrior of the Dark Side to the end. I don't want him to have any redemption, he doesn't deserve any and by killing Han he's pretty much made his choice: "I want to be evil."

I would be alright with something like him pretending to be good for a while, just to suddenly switch back and stab someone through the back again. Kylo should live and die on the Dark Side, no Anakin-esque redemption on his deathbed or anything. He could become the most tragic and layered character of the series.
>>
>>64118510
Isn't he bascially new Anakin? He will probably going to turn into light side in the finale movie before he die.

JJ is a fucking hack. He can only reboot George Lucas movies, nothing else.
>>
One thing I didn't get; when Rey and Finn are escaping in the falcon there is a shot of some people running along the ground. One of them says something like "there she is" and hen it cuts away.

What was that about?
>>
>>64117370
Why is Satan in Star Wars?
>>
>>64119141
We already had sith till the end characters, anon, we didn't have a redeemed dude that survived. Anyway, as long as they don't copy Anakin's demise, or any other I'm ok.
>>
Because Han wanted to become more powerful than Kylo could possibly imagine.
>>
>>64117717
That was the sun going out
Or
Poetry
>>
>>64119252
none of those previous characters had nearly as developed a story arc as Kylo. pretty much his entire storyline mirrors Luke's.

even the scene with Snoke where he's told that Han could seduce him to the light side is exactly mirroring the scene where Yoda warns Luke about his confrontation with Vader that he might be seduced to the light.

the only other character similar in development to Kylo besides Luke is Anakin, but Anakin got redeemed (despite fucking killing kids and blowing up planets and shit). Kylo should basically be the embodiment of "No, I'll never turn to the Light Side! I am a warrior of the Darkness, like my grandfather before me!"

i don't know how to explain it but he feels very unique, i don't want him to ever go back to the Light. for his character at this point, it wouldn't make sense. Anakin's whole killing the emperor thing was a last ditch effort to make amends for years of atrocities he committed.
>>
>>64117370
Because the actor has always wanted his character killed off.
>>
>>64118816
How do you leave a fandom, do you stop liking Star Wars
Also what the fuck even is a fandom
>>
>>64119960
A social gathering and breeding ground of autists.
>>
>>64118351
Best twist

Episode VIII: The Republic Strikes Forward

After the death of Kylo Ren and disappearance of Rey, Poe Davran leads an attack on the home base of the supreme leader snoke.

With his lover Finn on the gunners seat, and father Admiral Ackbar in command, a surprise strike at the heart of the first order will be a sure win for General Organa and her Resistance.

Little do they know that the evil Luke Skywalker is breeding another Ren in his apprentice and incestuous love cold, Rey Organa....
>>
>>64119401
>his entire storyline mirrors Luke's

Wow I thought I was the only person who thought this. He is an inverted hero's journey.
>>
>>64120901
I'd watch it
>>
>>64118134
Larry pls go
>>
>>64119207
Storm Troopers rescuing General Phasma, maybe?
>>
>idiots not realizing kylo ren is going to be seriously burned / mutilated from escaping the wreckage of the destroyed planet and will voluntarily have himself placed into a "suit" that resembles vader's, ala plageuis's wishes

POTTERY
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.