[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are the movies so basic bitch about how they use the Force
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2
Why are the movies so basic bitch about how they use the Force and lightsabers?

You have people with basically telekinesis and a melee weapon that's so powerful it's in its own class. Why can't they be more creative? I'm fucking tired of seeing seeing guys in bathrobes swinging a weightless laser blade like a real sword. I'm tired of seeing the Force used like magic tricks.

- I wanna see someone literally grab a lightsaber blade with their hands with a thin layer of Force between the plasma and skin.
- I wanna see people levitate multiple lightsabers like Magneto and the guns in X-Men.
- I wanna see different lightsaber styles like turning off a lightsaber during the moment of contact and re-igniting it to swing through someone else's lightsaber.

The lightsaber is such a unique and interesting weapon it begs to be used creatively.

Pic related. The only moment in TFA that used the Force for something mildly interesting.

I would even count Kylo Ren using his janky ass lightsaber to throw a temper tantrum as interesting as well because it showed what kind of person he is.
>>
This is the worst opinion I have ever seen in my entire life.
>>
>I wanna see someone literally grab a lightsaber blade with their hands with a thin layer of Force between the plasma and skin.

mite b cool
>>
>>64116050

sounds like some marvel faggotry, go back to /co/
>>
>>64116050
>I wanna see someone literally grab a lightsaber blade with their hands with a thin layer of Force between the plasma and skin.

>I wanna see people levitate multiple lightsabers like Magneto and the guns in X-Men.

>I wanna see different lightsaber styles like turning off a lightsaber during the moment of contact and re-igniting it to swing through someone else's lightsaber.

all of those have been done. The floating lightsabers is from KOTOR 2

the lightsaber holding/blocking with hands was from a swtor trailer

the re-igniting stuff was from somewhere I can't remember where
>>
We could have all of these nice things if Lucas was still in charge. He had visions and ideas, but suddenly Reddit decide that they wanted him out and ordered to Disney to buy the rights. And now all we have is a meme movie, starring Dindu, Jewmbo and Britslag
>>
>>64116120
This happened in one of those video game trailers I believe
>>
>>64116050

terrible, terrible opinions OP. how the current glut of garbage superhero movies doesn't satisfy your strange desire to see stupid crap that makes no sense is a mystery to me
>>
>>64116050
>like Magneto and the guns in X-Men.
/co/mblr please

the Force isn't a super power and you are literally the reason this movie was capeshit in space

capeshit is ruining film in general
>>
>>64116050
everything you listed is probably in some eu garbage. that shit was specifically made for autistic fucks like yourself, go read some
>>
>>64116050
They need to tone down the force imo. It's getting too close to marvel movies, doesn't feel like star wars.
>>
>>64116050
>The lightsaber is such a unique and interesting weapon it begs to be used creatively.
Literally every scifi franchise uses it but its called a LAZER BLADE.
>>
This

>be me
>be a Sith Lord
>always begin fight by pretending I'll slash with my red saber
>in reality, I just force thrust it straight into the Jedi's face, stabwise

It always works.
>>
>>64116050
The prequels might be definitely up your alley.
>>
>>64120331
Oh man Anon, what a clever and sneaky Sith you are. No Jedi could possibly anticipate a basic feint like that, I bet everyone will applaud your genius and give you 100$
>>
>>64120495

They never expect it. They don't learn about this in their meditations.

Jedi expect to be good at sword fights but spend their time meditating instead of fighting.
>>
>>64116120
Isn't this how Vader catches blaster bolts?
>>
I can't wait to see what Luke can do.
>>
>>64116050
That is not how the Force works!
>>
File: jedi[1].png (44 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
jedi[1].png
44 KB, 275x183
While we're at it, why not use the force to create a razor-thin sheet of air moving at bullet-speed to instantly decapitate people?

Or just blow up their heads? Or stop their heart? Or dismember them? For force them to shoot/stab themselves? Cause the ground to swallow them up? Why even fucking bother with lightsabers?

Because these are all stupid ideas and OP missed the point of the Force and lightsaber fights. They're not about the fighting, they're about moments like pic related (with apologies to Mr. Plinkett).
>>
>>64116050
>I wanna see people levitate multiple lightsabers like Magneto and the guns in X-Men.
I think this is the sort of thing Yoda should have done in the prequels. He should have sat cross legged and levitated and had his lighsaber whipping around him, not like a buzzsaw or anything, but more like so fast it's basically a bubble of laser protecting him

then he just floats towards his enemy and they can't do shit but run
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS8OsKILj1I

I want to see something like this.
>>
>>64116050
>a thin layer of Force between the plasma and skin

Le-l-lewd...
>>
>>64116050
>I wanna see different lightsaber styles like turning off a lightsaber during the moment of contact and re-igniting it to swing through someone else's lightsaber.

That would be pretty fucking tight actually.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.