[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't Chewbacca, the loyal dog analog with a life debt,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4
File: r-HAN-SOLO-large570-530x221.jpg (19 KB, 530x221) Image search: [Google]
r-HAN-SOLO-large570-530x221.jpg
19 KB, 530x221
Why didn't Chewbacca, the loyal dog analog with a life debt, get shot down trying to rip Kylo Ren's arms off in revenge?
Why didn't the droids respond to the death of one of their gang, or at the very least the death of their masters' friend/lover?
Why did Chewbacca just stroll by Leia when they got back to base? Why didn't he hold her? Why didn't she hold him? Why didn't he break down sobbing and get comforted in order to show us how much he needs Han, and how Leia knew it was always bound to happen?
Why are our last memories of Han's lightheartedness all these weird bowcaster gags?
>>
Because Chewie knows that Han wouldn't have wanted him to kill Kylo, no matter how shitty he acts
>>
>>64115160

I watched Star Wars TFA a few days ago and I'm also experiencing a kind of delayed reaction to how bad it was. I just don't understand how so many millions of dollars spent on producing the film resulted in such a fucking mess, that doesn't make sense on any level, whether its emotional growth of characters, or science, or anything.
>>
>>64115191
But shooting him in the gut is fine
>>
>>64115260
Not my intention to hate on the whole movie. But the way Han's death was handled was just dreadful. I know they probably didn't want to overstate it and make the whole movie about it since our mains don't even really know who he is, but they could have let the old crew react at all.

That plus forest cantina, Starkiller, and Han's introduction just make everything after Jakku awful.
>>
>>64115160
Lifedebts are bullshit venom poisoning wookiee culture. Hanharr was right. Chewbacca should have killed Han, and joined Ben Solo
>>
>>64115260
>Star Wars
>science

stop
>>
>>64115260
>>I watched Star Wars TFA a few days ago and I'm also experiencing a kind of delayed reaction to how bad it was.
Watch the RLM review and it will change your mind, even they loved it because they're not edgy contrarians like you, so accept your real opinion instead of edgelording.
>>
File: SHOT0257.jpg (113 KB, 415x482) Image search: [Google]
SHOT0257.jpg
113 KB, 415x482
>>64115160
>Chewie only shot Darth Emo once instead of unloading on him
>>
>>64115297
It was a gut reaction
>>
>>64115419
Who except Chewbacca and Leia did you want to have react?
>>
>>64115160
He shot Ren out of anger but knew he had to complete the mission so he didn't fucking jump down onto that tiny bridge to kill a guy with lightsaber.

Who gives a crap about the droids?

Chewie/Leia was handled poorly, I agree. Although they tried to make him concerned about Finn.

Actually the last gags were on Starkiller. Like "That's not how the force works!"
>>
>>64116433
Who's this mayonnaise maiden?
>>
>>64116485
>He shot Ren out of anger but knew he had to complete the mission so he didn't fucking jump down onto that tiny bridge to kill a guy with lightsaber.

He's a fuckin sasquatch. It's weirder that he didn't die alongside Han. A well-written Chewbacca wouldn't give a shit about the Resistance when it comes to Han.
>>
It's almost as if Hans death was added in last moment and JJ never went back to write in everyone's reactions to it after it's over.

I literally don't think it's mentioned once after the scene ends. When Chewie and Rey get in the falcon, nothing. Chewie is without Han in the cockpit of their lifelong ship for the first time and he just doesn't give a shit. Leia doesn't mention it either. What the fuck? What is this stupid fucking shit?
>>
My best friend growing used to be a huge star wars needs. Moreso than any of my other buddies or myself. He read a lot of the EU books and his thought on the chewie Han thing is that in one of the books that's closest chronologically to episode 6 chewie dies. Harrison Ford broke his ankle on set it something, got fucked up in a plane crash and is getting old. Buddy thinks Ford demanded that Han dies in place of chewie cuz he sees that this will be the next capeshit and he wants off this will ride. Chewie even looked smug to me in the last scene as they left in the Falcon, "ha-ha I didn't die this time..."
>>
>>64116719
Phone keyboard blows
>>
>>64116457
Lol, I chortled.
>>
>>64115160
Because Chewie is literally a dog, he know he had a new owned who could feed him so hi didn't give a fuck about Han dying
>>
>>64116568
>I literally don't think it's mentioned once after the scene ends.

You're right because there's like two lines total after that scene and everything is told visually
>>
>>64116566
Han probably told him to not kill his son.
>>
>>64116943
He shoots him anyway. Could have at least died fighting a drove of stormtroopers or something. Chewie without Han is just weird. And it would have made up for how much they played up his pussyness in the rest of the movie.
>>
>>64115160
I mean, it must've taken a lot out of Uncle Chewie to even shoot his nephew right in the stomach. He's probably been around baby Ben before so to shoot him must've fucked him up a lot.
>>
Because Carrie Fisher can show emotion about as well as the Chewbacca mask can
>>
>>64115160
Because at the end of the day, Ben is Hans baby. Chewie could never kill him. Shoot him in the gut? Sure. But you're assuming Chewie never loved Ben, which would be completely wrong.
He didn't cry either because Chewie is mad more than anything. He screams and shoots niggas. There is no time for tears in Wookie culture. Only time for action. As for Leia? We saw her reaction. She knew, But Leia isn't one to mourn and linger. Or were you unsatisfied with the lack of long term exploration of her sadness over the loss of Alderaan? Leia always keeps the big picture in perspective, and the big picture was finding Luke to help stop he First Order.
>>
File: Bez názvu.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Becazse Ep VI turned Han into a comic relief
>>
>>64115160

Why the fuck had Han never tried the Bowcaster before?
>>
>>64115160
Yeah Chewies reaction is what pissed me off the most about TFA.

I expected him to go absolutely ape shit, firing off his bowcaster while tossing grenades/thermal detonators. Crushing stormtroopers skulls with his bare hands that got too close to him whie Kylo was barely able to keep up the lightsaber deflection and scurrying away.
>>
File: pepe-kill me.png (74 KB, 412x351) Image search: [Google]
pepe-kill me.png
74 KB, 412x351
Life debts are EU bullshit.

Chewie and Han were best friends.
>>
Perchance maybe there is a possibility that it could be conceivable that hypothetically it is feasible that Chewie thought detonating the charges and blowing the fuck out of that place while Kylo was still standing on the center of that narrow, rail-less bridge would be a viable way of killing him.
>>
Chewie couldnt face Leia because he was too ashamed
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.