[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VII ended in a cliffhanger. VIII will end in a cliffhanger. IX
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2
File: 12345.jpg (40 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
12345.jpg
40 KB, 400x400
VII ended in a cliffhanger.
VIII will end in a cliffhanger.
IX will end in a cliffhanger.
>>
>>64113404
That's still way better than post-credit scenes.

i hope they build up a world like FF with
many characters and sub-missions and crazy stuff going. looks like a concept that would work with Star Wars
>>
X will end with a battle against Thanos
>>
Is Paul WS Anderson directing these?
>>
> Mark Hammill staring soulfully

Wew lad. I felt it so hard.

I didn't feel it for most of the movie, but god damn that ending got me.

If he can act that well with just his face, this mofo's gone win an Oscar when he actually starts talking.
>>
>>64113601
>retarded helicopter shot that is out of place SW holding on the characters standing still for way too long
yeah great ending
>>
>>64113404
Luke wasn't hanging off the cliff, he was standing.
>>
How do you know?
>>
>>64113404
I don't know if that's really a cliffhanger. The goal was to find Luke and they did. Of course the question of if he'll train her or not is what people are talking about, but the first words in the title crawl are 'Luke has vanished!', the movie is about finding him, and the last shot is of finding Luke.
>>
>>64114329
Trust me.
The second Disney trilogy will have post-credit scenes.
>>
>>64114420
The third trilogy will tie in with the Marvel universe.
>>
>>64114446
Now it looks like shitposting but I'm sure in 15 years it won't sounds so funny anymore

hopefully I'll be dead by then
>>
>>64113404
luke trains rey, rey trains lukes kid.
>>
File: 1445389281333.gif (769 KB, 585x430) Image search: [Google]
1445389281333.gif
769 KB, 585x430
Every movie will end in a cliffhanger because Star Wars will NEVER end.

Bland, predictable, MCU-tier movies forever unless you morons stop paying for this crap which will never happen.
>>
>>64113404
I think the grave is his wifes.
>>
>>64113666
>666

That's JJ's fault, Satan-san.

Please be mean to him when he dies and visits you.
>>
>>64113668
Fuck outta here
>>
>>64113404
7 didn't end in a cliffhanger...

They spent the whole movie looking for Skywalker then found him. You just enjoyed the movie and didn't want it to end.

It would've been a cliffhanger if they got to the planet and Kylo was standing over his dead body or if Luke wasn't there or something.
>>
>>64113601
>>64113666
The cinematography of the ending ruined it. It seemed like they used a different director and a different camera, like something from some tv movie. The Luke reveal was awfully weak, after the whole buildup. And 2bqh he looks confused, in a senile kind of way.

>>64113668
Underrated post.

>>64113404
I had to stop visiting here, because my country got it a week later and despite that shitposters managed to ruin my viewing on some shitty 4chin-influenced page on fb. They posted a photo comment with Han Solo getting killed by Kylo, so all who visited were bound to get spoiled. Fuck the spoilers.
>>
>>64113666
>>64114810
Last shot should've been a slow-zoom on the lightsaber or Rey's face tbqfh familia.
>>
>>64114707
I'm glad they killed han and not luke.
>>
>>64114882
>not a post-credit scene including jar-jar

Do you even meme bro ? it's 2015 lol
>>
>>64113404
yep, X, XI, XII for sure.
>>
why did they cast Dan Harmon to play Luke?
>>
>>64113404
>cliffhanger
How's it a cliffhanger, though? Entire movie is about them finding Luke, and then they find Luke at the end.

A cliffhanger would be them cutting before seeing Luke, leaving the audience wondering if she actually found him. A cliffhanger would be them realizing they need one more piece of the map to find Luke, and then it just ends. A cliffhanger would be it ending right as Rey and Kylo Ren first clashed lightsabers, or even before they assault Starkiller Base.

This isn't a cliffhanger because the plot of the film (find Luke) is resolved by the closing credits. There are some loose ends, but even the first Star Wars had loose ends (namely Vader evading the destruction of the Death Star). Loose ends don't mean a cliffhanger.

Starwars 7 didn't end with a cliffhanger.
>>
>>64115222
This
>>
all those people with cancer who got to see the film early will now die not knowing how the saga continues instead of remembering it as a finished story.
>>
>>64113404
The irony? Cliffhanger didn't end in a cliffhanger. Based Stallone.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.