[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Discuss this movie. It was pretty peculiar.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5
File: the lobster.jpg (57 KB, 504x700) Image search: [Google]
the lobster.jpg
57 KB, 504x700
Discuss this movie. It was pretty peculiar.
>>
>>64110731
Is it appropriate to eat crab legs during this movie? Or should I switch to lobster to get an authentic experience?
>>
>>64110731
I liked it a lot, but the french maid was qter than Weiss, Colin should've stayed with her
>>
>>64110942
I found her very qt, too.
>>
I want to watch it again but I don't.
>>
>>64110942
she's Greek, she just can speak French. She's in Alps too which is worth watching if you dig Greek Weird Wave.
>>
File: att_09c.jpg (117 KB, 584x876) Image search: [Google]
att_09c.jpg
117 KB, 584x876
>>64113323
>implying best Ariane movie isn't Attenberg
>>
>>64113664
it wasn't Lanthimos-tier but sure that's a good one. Can't wait to see Chevalier.

She's also in Before Midnight with the director of that.
>>
>>64110731

Overall it was pretty great. It felt a bit uneven in places though. Like a lot of the stuff at the "hotel" is pretty decent. But then a lot of the stuff in the city seems redundant somehow. I don't know.
>>
File: lobster.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lobster.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: lobster2.webm (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
lobster2.webm
1 MB, 1280x720
>>
>>64110731

this movie was dumb. the cultural satire was overwrought and ineffective. the premise was absurd. the actions of every character were nonsensical. but oh, the shots were so artistic 10/10
>>
>>64115648
It was literally "no singles policy meme: the movie".
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>64110731
MOTY tbqh
>>
>>64115648
>i don't get absurdism waaah i want to watch die hard 4 waaah
>>
>>64115714

where did i say i didnt understand it? premise sucked and characters actions were ridiculous. it was all stupid shit that looked pretty which is why youre defending it
>>
>>64116213
absurdism that doesnt say or depict anything of value isnt a good movie. maybe try watching brazil sometime and compare
>>
>We dance alone. That's why we only play electronic music.
>>
>>64115648
>the premise was absurd.
LITERALLY the point

It's Lathimos' way
>>
File: caligulascreen1.jpg (74 KB, 600x463) Image search: [Google]
caligulascreen1.jpg
74 KB, 600x463
>sociopathic Lea Seydoux

Literally my fetish, too specific to be a coincidence
>>
the dialogue was hilarious

>where have you been?
>i was masturbating behind those trees
>why aren't you dancing?
>my leg is kind of sore
>have you dug your own grave yet?
>no
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.