[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So does anyone know who gave po the map to luke? And how did
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: 1451071605483.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1451071605483.png
464 KB, 878x900
So does anyone know who gave po the map to luke? And how did that person obtain the map?

Seems like a pretty important detail to just skate over.

It made sense to me that luke would hide part of the map in R2 but that would indicate to me that he would give the other part of it too someone important and not just peace it with some random jerk off
>>
Maybe they'll explain it in the next one. Luke hasn't even spoken a line of dialogue yet.
>>
>>64109526
Remember how the entire opening sequence was about an old friend of Luke Skywalker giving Poe the map? You know, the old guy in the hut who gets executed by Kylo after saying he knew Kylo's parentage? The guy hands Poe the map piece, and says it will help him find Luke?

It was in the title crawl, man. Come on
>>
>>64109621
He's asking who the fuck the dude was.
>>
Why did Luke make a map to himself? Why wouldn't he just tell Leia where he would be? Maybe he didn't want to be found; then why make a map in the first place? Why only break it into 2 peices? Why break it at all?
>>
>>64109658

He was an old friend of Luke's
>>
>>64109787
old good friend desu senpai
>>
So they get part of the map, but it doesn't show where in the galaxy the map points. Then R2 adds his part of the map, and it's the WHOLE FUCKING GALAXY, minus one chunk. They couldn't have been like "Hey, there's this one hole in all of charted space, maybe the map goes there"?
>>
>>64109717
I think he was trying to ensure the empire couldn't find him if they defeated the rebels and captured R2 and Leai but that just makes me think even more that the guy who gets excuted at the start is someone luke would have absolute trust in. I mean their are only so many chatectors he met in the ot I feel it would be a bit of a cop out just to say he is some dude luke meets after and trusts completely
>>
Luke split the map in two.
Luke put half of it in R2D2 and put him in low-battery stasis.
Luke gives the other half to a trusted ally to be given to the rest of them when the time is right.
>>
>>64109526
Luke didn't make the map. They knew Luke was looking for the first Jedi Temple. The map was data collected in search of that.
>>
>>64109526
Don't overthink this. They needed a MacGuffin and they couldn't just do what they did last time and make it schematics to blow up the death star, so they made it a map to Luke instead.

Jesus this movie was so shitty.
>>
>>64109872
The rebels didn't seem to know R2 had the map though
>>
DOES ANYBODY KNOW WHICH HAND LUKE USES TO WIPE HIS ASS WHY WASN'T THIS EXPLAINED IN THE MOVIE 0/10??!?
>>
>>64109526
Max von Sydow gave it to him in literally the 1st scene of the movie.
>>
>>64109922
Yea but who the fuck is this "trusted ally"
Luke has gone to some serious lengths to stay hidden. Snoke is on a mission to destroy the last of the jedi and he just gives his location to a random nobody hoping in some back water hoping that his allies would find it before the first order.

If po dameron had showed up an hour later the first order would have lukes location and would have blown up the planet he was on with the star killer Base!
>>
>>64110202

Well then, thank fuck it was only a movie and not real life that would have been scary! D:
>>
>>64110117
Who the fuck is Max von Sydow, why does luke trust him more than anyone from the OT, why does he have the fucking map?
>>
File: test.jpg (526 KB, 1143x1133) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
526 KB, 1143x1133
They should have this test in the lobby of every movie theater.
>>
>>64110202
this gets me wondering, who is the TRAITOR in the rebels side of things, how else did KR know even to go to Jakku for this reason
>>
>>64110244
sydow is a follower of the Church of the Force, he and Luke were looking for the first Jedi Temple, at some point Luke found it but told no one else where it was, Sydow finally figured it out and contacted Leia. Why is this so hard to understand?
>>
File: autism test.jpg (646 KB, 1143x1133) Image search: [Google]
autism test.jpg
646 KB, 1143x1133
>>64110260
Too easy.
>>
What is even the point of a map? She just jumps straight to the planet
>>
>>64110296
Because it didn't explain any of that in the film, just "hurr take this map it's super important "
>>
>>64110349
how else would you know which planet it a whole galaxy?
>>
>>64110363
everything except the church of the force was explained. sorry they didn't spoonfeed you everything, you probably are hung up on how Poe got off Jakku as well.
>>
>>64110349
They travel across that galaxy all the time using Hyperspace, you still need to know where you want to go, it's not a fucking teleporter powered by wishful thinking
>>
>the whole fucking movie is about a an old jedi who made a map for his friend to find him
>being this retarded

>then out of nowhere the resistance destroy another death star

Fucking dropped
Laughable plot
THAT is worth 300 millions dollars? That? wow ok
>>
File: image.jpg (230 KB, 640x1136) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
230 KB, 640x1136
>>64110260
>>64110304
Fixed
>>
>>64110304

The trick to the autism test is that anyone who attempts it is instantly an autism.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.