[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was Padme so shocked and incredulous about Anakin killing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: lava.jpg (107 KB, 754x762) Image search: [Google]
lava.jpg
107 KB, 754x762
Why was Padme so shocked and incredulous about Anakin killing Younglings when she knows he's already slaughtered women and children in the past?
>>
>>64105521

Because Tusken Raiders are subhumans, why would Padme care?
>>
>>64105521
>caring about muslims in a galaxy far far away
jej
>>
I hear he might make a reappearance in the coming episodes. It's been confirmed
>>
>>64105543
are there no authorities in star wars? can anyone just go down to a planet and slaughter people and then leave? what if you bring invasive plants or animals to an ecosystem that can't handle them and dagobah gets all full of kudzu and cane toads?
>>
because the script sucks
>>
Why was she insisting it was STILL not too late to run away and raise their child? Why would she have a child with a child murderer in the first place? It's human to be angry?
>>
>>64106824
Probably but Tatooine is a shithole and no one cares/ no one is there to report the crime / no one wants to report it because that's a crime riddled place and this kind of stuff happens daily
>>
>>64106824
>are there no authorities in star wars?
none that actually matter if you have big enough guns and/or a fast enough ship

just look at Han Solo
>>
>>64106824
Sandpeople live in tribes and murder anyone that gets close to them. Republic has no power there and the other people just avoid them.
>>
File: 1342475340395.jpg (92 KB, 650x866) Image search: [Google]
1342475340395.jpg
92 KB, 650x866
>caring about sand "people"
>>
>>64106850
>trying this hard to be a ribbitor

kek. well meme'd.
>>
>>64106824
In the Phantom Menace Shmi explains that the Republic doesn't exist out as far as tattooine. Whatever that means. That's why there's slavery
>>
>>64106897
Perfect place to go on a murder spree.
>>
>>64106921
what other reason would there be? enlighten me, memefriend
>>
>>64106941
Open your eyes, look around. The answers is not so far awaaaaaaaaaaay!
>>
>>64105521
>not just the men, the women and the children, I slaughtered them like animals
>Anakin my love you're allowed to be sad, there there

>Anakin is it true what Obi Wan tells me about you killing the younglings?
>Yeah
>Let's run away together

Padme is an enabler.
>>
She was an enabler. She was just as much a villain as Anakin. They best thing she did was die in the delivery room.
>>
>>64106824

It's like in real life, a privileged white, male, hetero jedi human with connections can get away with murder and be rewarded on top of it.
>>
>>64106824
A better question would be why didn't Yoda do anything about that although he sensed it.
>>
>>64106982
That's a good wife.
>>
>>64106999
Trips for truth.
>>
>>64107103
the jedis are immensely given to self-cucking
>>
>>64106999
Truth trips?
>>
>>64106922
It means they're not a member of the Republic.
>>
>>64105521

>Nobody was concerned Anakin would turn to the dark side when he blew up a space station in Phantom Menace filled with people
>>
>>64107198
Droids aren't people.
>>
>>64106999
It's actually kinda true, particularly in AotC when Anakin comes back to Lars's farm and has his tantrum about killing the tusken camp. She even says to him something like "to be angry is to be human". Then again she has no idea what a tusken raider is besides what she heard. When anakin tells padme he killed them all including the woman and children she hardly reacts at all.
It's probably poor writing too, it would have been interesting to explore this path a tad further, about how padmé enabled some of Anakin's dark feelings.
>>
>>64105521

they were sand people, which sounds racist but he did it in a fit of rage after his mother had been gang raped in their camp

more understandable than following orders to specifically seek out kids to kill them in cold blood
>>
>>64107242

I suppose you could compare it to a psychopathic child killing animals before he began experimenting with humans, didn't Luke torture animals too?
>>
>>64107198
I can't remember episode I for shit but wasn't just about all the jedi council members afraid of him turning to the dark side?
>>
>>64107287
>It's probably poor writing too

There's no "probably" about it.
>>
>>64106824
Tatooine is a planet outside of the Republic's jurisdiction, where it was controlled by whoever want to lay claim to the land which happened to be the Hutts. Sand people are natives to the land and basically do what they want (in my headcanon, as long as they don't fuck with the Hutts they are fine) and nobody really cares about them.

Anakin's mistake wasn't killing sand people, it was not killing all of the sand people.
>>
>>64107503
well the part that's concerning was that he killed them not because they were posing a threat to him, but because he wanted to.

His anger/ selfishness overrides his conscience and moral compass, and that's why he was so susceptible to the dark side.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.