[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>64104807 Luke, did I ever tell you about the fact that
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 17
File: Based Obiwan.jpg (21 KB, 250x361) Image search: [Google]
Based Obiwan.jpg
21 KB, 250x361
>>64104807
Luke, did I ever tell you about the fact that you can not only learn force abilities just by thinking of them, but can defeat a seasoned Sith apprentice the first time you ever pick up a lightsaber?

Myself and every real Jedi that have ever existed have had to train for decades, day in and day out, to be able to use force powers proficiently and fight with a saber, and I was one of the best Jedi. We weren't even allowed to have sex and had to devote ourselves wholly to this religion. Even with all this training, we usually got rekt by Dark Side users, no matter how good a Jedi we were.

Everything I learned was a lie.

The Jedi Order was a good friend.
>>
>>64104954
>cucks will defend rey's retarded powerlevel
Pls kill me
>>
KYLO REN WAS SHOT AND HAD A GAPING WOUND IN HIS ABDOMEN. TRY SWORDFIGHTING WITH A LASER WOUND IN YOUR ABDOMEN YOU NIGGER
>>
File: 1450687686103.jpg (17 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
1450687686103.jpg
17 KB, 541x559
>>64105090
"b...but he was wounded!"
"S...Storm Troopers are naturally weak-willed! They are Nazis, after all!"

I hope they retconn all this new power levels Dragon Ball Z shit in the next movie.

>Dragon Ball
>Takes Goku years to master Kamayhamaya

>Dragon Ball Z
>His son can do it after a few attempts

>Dragon Ball GT
>His grandson can do it accidentally when he's like 2 years old

Sounds familiar.
>>
It would've been best if their fight ended in stalemate.
>>
File: 1338778096687.gif (1 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1338778096687.gif
1 MB, 320x240
>>64104954
>Bootyblasted: The Thread
>>
>>64105189
What the fuck are you talking about anon? Goku learned it on his first try.
>>
I think the Jedi mind trick scene pissed off more than the Kylo fight. That shit was just stupid, how the fuck would anyone even know to try that? Especially if they've never even heard of the force until 5 minutes ago.
>>
File: 1450218378746.jpg (59 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1450218378746.jpg
59 KB, 200x200
>>64105244
This tbqh
>>
>>64105271
>never heard of the force
What the fuck are you people on about?
>>
>>64104954
In DBZ Goten and Trunks became super saiyans at very young ages.

Maybe JJ likes DBZ
>>
File: Yoda_Younglings.jpg (110 KB, 440x210) Image search: [Google]
Yoda_Younglings.jpg
110 KB, 440x210
>>64104954

She is obviously an amnesiac Padawan you fuckwitt. Gosh, are you that retarded?
>>
>>64105300
Rey even recognized the name "Luke Skywalker."

People must be tarded to think she'd never heard of jedi or the force before.
>>
>>64105342
She's heard the name and thought he was a myth. She doesn't know anything about jedi.
>>
>>64105189

>Nazis
>Weak willed

I hope nobody actually believes that
>>
>>64105271
>never even heard of the force until 5 minutes ago.
lol I legitimately can't tell who is serious or not
>>
File: harrison-ford.jpg (51 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.jpg
51 KB, 1000x666
>>64105264
>Goku successfully performs the technique on his first attempt, although it is only strong enough to destroy the car that Yamcha gave to Bulma earlier

He literally didn't learn it properly until near the end of Dragon Ball when he was an adult.
>>
>>64105374
>she doesn't know anything about jedi

So what is the "myth" about then?
>>
>>64104954
Luke did i ever tell you having to explain a films plot holes on chinese cartoon forums or in future films isnt a valid response to criticism of an individual film? He was a good friend.
>>
>>64105429
Something like Bigfoot. You know, total bullshit that makes for a good story.
>>
>Kylo Ren got his lightsaber skills from a guy who had 15 minutes of training deflecting blaster bolts one time
>>
>>64105189
>>Dragon Ball Z
>>His son can do it after a few attempts

Wait, what? Gohan didn't use Kamayhamaya until the Cell saga. It was Goku who did it instantly after seeing Roshi do it
>>
>>64105501
>still more training some random junk collector
>>
Luke did I ever tell you how the force works in mysterious ways and I won't explain how I can disappear and then speak telepathically to you during the most important piloting experience you'll ever have?

God a new hope has so many plotholes.
>>
>>64105555
Apparently the part where you actually DEFLECT the blasts didn't stick, tho.
>>
>>64105189
>>Dragon Ball
>>Takes Goku years to master Kamayhamaya
you're being stupid on purpose I can tell
>>
>>64105417

>He literally didn't learn it properly until near the end of Dragon Ball when he was an adult.

Lie. He used it to propel himself through King Picolos chest. And there's also this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDUjEq3NfHQ. Looks like complete mastery to me
>>
>>64105469
Oh hey there used to be this order of space monks who could use their magic powers to do things like trick people into doing their bidding. Is it that fucking hard to believe that she's heard ofjedi mind tricks? Or if she was one of Luke's padawans she's learnt this shit and either forgotten about it whilst on jakku or Luke put up some fucking force walls in her mind. Its a sci fi, use your fucking imagination.
>>
>>64105417
>Rey successfully performs the technique on her first attempt, although it is only strong enough to control some low level military grunt.
>>
>>64105417
actually he masters the blast in approx. eight months and is able to match roshis in the martial arts tournament
>>
>>64105555
>You can now become one of the best pilots in the galaxy by being a scavenger
>You can also fix very complex starships becuase muh scavenging
Lads I think I might become a scavenger instead of going to engineering school
>>
>>64105620
>You now learn advanced jedi use of the force before 5 years old
LOL
>>
File: 1449205137926.png (76 KB, 194x193) Image search: [Google]
1449205137926.png
76 KB, 194x193
>>64105501
All the best lightsaber duelists died long before even the Clone wars.

You'll have alotta people strong in the force and able to do wicked shit like stopping blaster shots, but the saber duels are basically them playing Rock Paper Scissors
>>
>>64105746
Luke put her on the accelerated program.
>>
>>64105693
She's a good pilot for the same reason Anakin and Luke were good pilots long before they ever received any force training. Even if you don't know how to use the force, it still helps you out with your reaction time and shit.
>>
Luke, did i ever tell you that i will not teach you any sword fighting and neither will Yoda. But you will hold your own for a good while against the fully trained sith lord Darth Vader the first time you fight him and the second time you face the man who literally destroyed the jedi order you fuck his shit up.
>>
>>64105746
Rey learns about force powers by reading Kylo Ren's mind when he was trying to read hers. It's why she talks about Darth Vader.
>>
>>64105831

Oh yeah that's right, she learns how to use those advanced Jedi techniques by using a an advanced Jedi technique
>>
>>64105831
her even being able to do that is an asspull
>>
>>64105799
>will hold your own
Vader toyed with him the entire fight in ESB.
>>
That one storm trooper that fucked up Finn when he was playing Jedi would've beat the shit out of Rey.
>>
>>64105831
This is even more retarded.
>An inexperienced person can now not only resist, but reverse mind trick the one that's reading her mind
LOL
>>
>>64105799
>But you will hold your own for a good while against the fully trained sith lord Darth Vader

No. Vader was toying with him.
>>
>>64105896
>>
>>64105912

Luke lands one hit in empire though he does defeat Vader in ROTJ
>>
>>64105938
Goddamn the movie fucked these scenes up so bad.
>>
>>64105938

>Using Harry potter as a counter argument to anything

It's a perfect comparison actually. They're both rich worlds that suffer from horrible writing
>>
>>64104954
I don't think Rey does anything spectacular outside of summoning the light sabre and mind controlling the storm trooper. The explanation of her stomping kylo ren's shit is multi-tiered.

1. He goes into his fight with her injured, by booth chewbacca and Finn.

2. I think it's pretty obvious that kylo ren is fairly shit tier when it comes to his training regarding the dark side. When he's calm and collected he demonstrates remarkable control, like freezing a fucking blaster bolt in mid air. But tap into his emotions just a little bit and he has trouble in a duel with a stormtrooper that earlier in the movie had his shit kicked in by another stormtrooper.

3. This is really just an extension of 2. Look at that fucking training wheel light saber. The first one in millenia to have hand guards, and probably for good reason. Maybe he saw his uncle's hand, and heard about her grandfather's and was like "not me!", but really it just demonstrates that his fighting technique is timid and not on the level of a real Jedi or Sith.
>>
>>64105973
>counter argument

Someone's defensive.
>>
>>64105938
harry is shit, your point?
>>
>>64105979
>3

Nah, Kylo just wanted to make an edgesaber that looked cool
>>
>>64104954
There are so many hints in the movie and novelization that Rey is someone who has had previous training or at LEAST someone who is "important" and has some kind of previous experience with the force that you would have to be a complete retard to assume they're not going to explain this shit in the next movies. Jesus Christ how has everyone seemingly forgotten this is a trilogy?
>>
>>64105189
You analogy would've worked better with everyone becoming super sayian
>>
>>64106087
please describe these hints.
>>
>>64105799
But Obi did teach Luke sword fighting and you have no way of knowing that Yoda didn't teach him any. It makes sense to assume that he did.
>>
>>64106053
The official explanation is some shit like he's using a cracked crystal as a power source, but there's a reason jedi and sith for more than a thousand years haven't used that design.
>>
>>64106087
let's stick with just the movie. go on.
>>
>>64105333
>She was trained by her father but then lost her memory due to a traumatic incident. As searches for answers she slowly unlocks the key to her past while becoming more powerful with each passing day.

Wow, it's like perfectly crafted shitty teen novel bait. Good Job!
>>
>>64106176
And the real explanation is it just looks cool and unique
>>
>>64105271
She wasn't even awre that jedi were real until Han confirmed it.
She goes from force sensitive to master in like a couple of days.
days right? this movie went by so quick i couldn't tell if it was all happening in real time or not.
>>
In the next movie they will reveal that she's actually a Jedi master who disobeyed the council and went to war and lost her memories. Her full name is Reyvan.

(Original ideas do not steal)
>>
>>64106246
all star wars movies move at a million miles an hour. This one just had a lot less wipes to show transitions.
>>
>>64106242
It doesn't really look cool though. The unstable beam looks alright, but it isn't a weapon of elegance and skill. The little fuck even throws multiple temper tantrums using his light saber, further demonstrating that he's no where near what the weakest of the Sith was. And it's not like Kylo is some teenager who hormonally lacks control, he's damn near 30. Snoke plainly hasn't actually trained Kylo yet.
>>
>>64105417

Ni-guh

pls
>>
>>64106432
>but it isn't a weapon of elegance and skill

Exactly. It suits his character
>>
>>64105616
I bet you he won't even reply
>>
>>64106425
Good point. Between that and the lack of the fox fanfare i was wondering what was missing.

In the OT's defense though they atleast made pains to let you breath this film just goes and never stops. If it did you would see all the plot holes.
>>
>>64106483
That says more about how movies have changed over the years
>>
>>64104954

>but can defeat a seasoned Sith apprentice the first time you ever pick up a lightsaber?

Not a Sith apprentice.

Hit by a direct blast from a bow caster. Still fights.

Gets slashed by Finn, still continues to fight.
>>
File: 1450172089890.jpg (88 KB, 400x341) Image search: [Google]
1450172089890.jpg
88 KB, 400x341
>>64106560
Yes he was. Snoke even says "retrieve Kylo for me and bring him to me, it is time to complete his training"

>Complete his training
>>
>>64106528
I don't think it's a modern thing. Most movies struggle with pacing and pathos.

Watch jaws again some time. they spend half the third act just talking about shit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMl1NbR0h_A

If you love characters you can watch them do whatever and be engaged. TFA throws a ton of charcters ur way without clearly defining them and then adds to the pile all the baggage of the original cast.

>that is why it fails.
>>
>>64106609
>assuming Snoke is a Sith
Ben Solo took the Kylo Ren, in accordance with the naming convention of the Knights of Ren, and not "Darth _____" as a Sith would have.
>>
File: 141176721933.jpg (105 KB, 739x742) Image search: [Google]
141176721933.jpg
105 KB, 739x742
>>64106432
>he's damn near 30

wait what the fuck, this shit for real?
>>
File: 1450936508483.gif (729 KB, 451x268) Image search: [Google]
1450936508483.gif
729 KB, 451x268
>>64106683
They don't want people to know the Sith have returned, so they replaced Darth with Kylo as a way to keep tradition without people knowing.

>Kylo Snoke
>>
>>64106432
It's a forced metaphor.

Besides why would he wield an unstable lightsaber of inferior design?

All the symbolism attached to his character is hoky and makes him into a whiny brat as opposed to an imposing figure like vader.

Besides how would he become obsessed with vader anyhow? he was raised by people who thought he was the scum of the earth until he died and they found out they were related. It would more of an interesting anecdote than a character defining trait.
>>
>>64106771
Pablo Hidalgo(the guy over at disney in charge of trying to make sure the new films keep everything from the old ones canon), stated on twitter that he was born 0-1 year after the battle of endor. TFA takes place 30 years after.
>>
>>64106875
I think Snoke has clearly influenced him and taught him a few tricks to demonstrate that there is a wealth of power in the dark side, but he far and away demonstrates the least emotional control and combat prowess of any force sensitive character.
>>
>>64106961
It's like loki in avenger then. How can a villain be threat if everytime he shows up he gets his ass handed to him?

If hes a villain he is underwhelming and if hes an antihero he is a terrible person that the audience will never get behind. He has no redeeming qualities left and is a pussy.

>Way to go JJ
>>
>>64107028
I think the story they are going to tell is how he's going to emerge in VIII after completing training with Snoke and all of the sudden be a badass.
>>
>>64107089
So he's awesome because they may potentially write him better in the next movie?

This movie has too much good faith wrapped up in the inevitable sequels.

That whole end of book one ending where rey is awkwardly holding out the lightsaber to luke was garbage.
>>
>>64106905
holy fuck that's retarded, his behavior isn't that bad if you think he's a confused teenager around 17 years old, he's too gay to be 29
>>
>>64106961
>taught him a few tricks
I didn't see Kylo spin once, no wonder Snoke looks so BTFO
>>
>>64107140

>This movie has too much good faith wrapped up in the inevitable sequels.

This may be true but you have to remember that this was always intended to be the first part of a trilogy, not a standalone film.
>>
>>64105271
She literally got mindfucked by Kylo just moments earlier. You don't think she couldn't have gleaned the idea that maybe she could do mind shit, too?

Shit, Luke Skywalker is apparently a known icon, albeit as somewhat of an urban legend. Maybe one day she heard from some wandering dude, "Yo, I heard those Jedi can control people's actions." She's strapped in a chair; it's not like it wouldn't hurt to try it.
>>
>>64107140
There's room for him to grow as a character in the next movie and become a better villain, though any sort of redemption story line at this point would probably be garbage, because he killed the only character (besides leia) who gave a fuck. He'll also never be the final boss, he's just going to be the lieutenant along the way. I agree, the ending of the movie was cheese.
>>
>>64107260
Even still. its cheap and presumptuous. its a design by committee choice.
>>
>>64107292
If he isn't a final boss or redeemable whats the point? Is he gonna be the vito corleone of the star wars universe?
>>
>>64107406
He's the whet stone upon which Rey gets sharpened to take down Snoke.
>>
>>64107406

That kind of character can be done right, pic related.
>>
>>64106308
>In the next movie they will reveal that she's actually a Jedi master who disobeyed the council and went to war and lost her memories. Her full name is Reyvan.

I considered they might go this route but Rey is only 18. And has been on Jakku for years with memories of her time there and is known by the locals. She would have had to be a Jedi Master at like 5.
>>
>>64107440
That's like bodice ripper prose bad dude.

Besides if snoke can boss him around he can't be that intimidating either. Vader was unflappable. A silent death mask that toyed with luke all the way through Empire. so when Vader kneels to the eperor that cues the audience to how powerful Palpatine was.

Snoke having lame henchman makes him lame by comparison.
>>
>>64104954
But Obi Wan, didn't you also say?
>Chancellor, Sith lords are our specialty

Most ironically enough, TO A SITH LORD
>>
>>64107513
There may be a decent chance he's not the only apprentice to Snoke. Unlike Kylo Ren, Snoke had every reason to lose his shit as Star Killer base was being destroyed. But he was calm and unaffected, simply stating that he wanted Kylo brought to him to complete his training. People who don't lose their shit when decades of work goes down the drain have other plans.
>>
File: toranic.jpg (63 KB, 720x299) Image search: [Google]
toranic.jpg
63 KB, 720x299
>>
>>64107575
he better have other plans. If death star 3 is his hail mary ep VIII is fucked
>>
>>64105189
I actually like comparing TFA to DBZ

Right now it feels like Rey just bested her "freiza" and her character really has nowhere further to develop like emotionally or powerlevel wise

My theory is the only way they can pose a threat to her is Big Meany Snooki will have or teach some new force power that Rey will have to overcome

Also Luke will also have to be compensated with power to balance Rey. I mean what the fuck did Luke do with the force before? Make a big jump and pull a saber a few times?

Mark my words he'll be slamming spaceships into each other. Gotta catch up to Goku
>>
>>64105090

I just listened to NPR hosts discuss Star Wars and instantly dismiss any critism of Rey being a Mary Sue on the grounds that some troll somewhere on the internet said sexist things about her. Flat out said that none of it matters because the arguments "got all mixed with misogyny".
>>
>>64104954
vader in his armor was significantly weaker and less agile, Luke Skywalker was the chosen one of the force and was just that naturally gifted . This shit isn't canon anymore though so whatever.
>>
>>64106683
>>64106839
Actually you're aren't granted the Darth title until you've reached full fledged sith lord status, i.e. completed training and aren't a shitter. So no, he still wouldn't be a Darth.
>>
>>64108479
This is what happens when spergs overdo their arguments

However legitimate their base points may be they ruin it with their gamer gate tier autism
>>
>>64104954
Kylo Ren was not a real sith
He was not even an apprentice
Didn't even have a proper lightsaber
Darth Maul, even tho he was an apprentice had an edgy, yet proper one.
>>
>>64105090

she was trained as a knight of ren, her memories been erased..
>>
Rey is Darth Revan in disguise. It's her fucking name for Christ's sake....
>>
>>64110038

there you go with your EU again..
>>
File: poshel nahui.png (26 KB, 1284x578) Image search: [Google]
poshel nahui.png
26 KB, 1284x578
>>64104954
do you even force, bro?
force have been fucking sexually deprived for all these years, imagine an unfucked 35yr milf, ofcourse she'll jump yo dick if you just say so
while before you had to fucking court her for even a bit of attention
suck it bitch
>>
>>64105152
KYLO REN TRIED TO READ REY'S MIND AND GOT HIS MIND READ AND ALL HIS TECHNIQUES COPIED ACROSS TO REY'S MIND INSTEAD.
>>
Not only Kylo was wounded, but he was super wounded. He killed his own father, took an explosive blast from Chewie, escaped an exploding base, was bleeding all over the place, was hit by Finn's saber more than once and Rey was actually getting her ass kicked for most of the entire fight.

It's not an excuse, just that it didn't feel like a stretch at all, it was only after the movie that I've heard people calling her overpowered and it doesn't make sense to me. I think Daisy did not act really well though and Rey often just acted what was going on in her mind without really engaging with the other person. One of the examples is precisely at the last strike when she tunes the Force in or whatever.
>>
She used the dark side, easy. The dark is the quick path to power.

Luke will sort her out the next movie.
>>
>>64105264
Wanna know how I know you are a professional dick sucker?
>>
>>64108659

Anakin was given a Darth title two seconds after officially joining the Emperor, when he barely knew a thing about the dark side although he was at least already a completely trained Jedi.
>>
File: EP5-KEY-187_R_8x10.jpg (87 KB, 541x655) Image search: [Google]
EP5-KEY-187_R_8x10.jpg
87 KB, 541x655
>>64104954
Is the Big Black Cock stronger?
>>
>>64110208
Nigger what are you even getting at

I love Rey but you're fucking incoherent family
>>
The thing that bothered me the most was that how could the Jedi, a long-standing and famous order, become a myth after only 60 years or so. Especially in a galaxy where a large portion of the inhabitants would have been alive during both the prequels and original trilogy
>>
>>64105189
>Chinese Cartoons
>>
>all these people who don't know the spoilers

You guys are gonna look like retards when the next movie comes out.

Rey was trained by Luke when she was a kid, Kylo couldn't kill her so he dumped her on Jakku and wiped her memory. She was remembering her powers in TFA
>>
>>64105090
Isn't Rae luke's daughter tho
>>
>>64111263
>Kylo by 30 is still less skilled than Rey was at 6
That's just as bad.
>>
>>64112385
Luke was Anakin's son, didn't enable him to beat a Sith with a lightsaber or use all the force techniques better than one out of nowhere because he felt like it.

He could barely even pull his lightsaber to him after having known about the force for quite a while and gotten at last a basic introduction in how to use it by Obi-Wan. Rey beat a trained force user in a contest of pulling an object when she'd never even had the force explained to her before and only started trying to use it like half an hour before.
>>
>>64112512

She has more medichlorians and Kylo was injured. Plus she has had more hardship than he has and is pure hearted
>>
>>64112602
>She has more medichlorians
Why? Even if she's Luke's daughter, they're literally the same bloodline and descended the same generations. Unless you're saying she's Luke and Leia's daughter.

>Plus she has had more hardship than he has
What hardships?
>and is pure hearted
The novel shows she was literally using the Darkside when she was fighting him. Daisy is just a shit actress.
>>
The only way her bullshit is acceptable is if it was Snoke using some technique to help her and he turns her to the darkside in 8.

Kylo literally fight Luke to a standstill in the past. Him being wounded doesn't justify her being able to fight on his level.
>>
it's because killing han actually fucked up kylo's psyche, it undermined his resolve as the sense of guilt thoroughly put him in a conflicted state. He will come to the conclusion that he can't survive with this guilt and it is only interfering with his powers. He will join the light side, encouraged by anakin's ghost.

Rey on the other hand won't be able to control her rage and fear, has abandonment issue and will join the dark side.

POST PLOT TWIST: what you have just read is not my theory but it's an official spoiler, this will be in the movie, maybe with a few modifications but this is the general idea... enjoy having the movie spoilt two years in advance :)
>>
>>64105831
They've never really dealt with force users trying the mind trick on other force users before.
>>
The sad truth about Rey is that JJ will more than likely write some bullshit for the next episode, to help justify her power leap, and the majority of fans will eat it up.

-Mind erase I won't accept
-because "muh family lineage" I won't accept
-"In truth I was training the entire time while stranded" I won't accept

The only thing I may be willing to accept is what another anon suggested: Luke has achieved some next level power that allows him to puppetmaster anyone that's force sensitive.

bullshit, but what else is there?
>>
>>64104954
Rey already knew this shit but was mind wiped because she probably fell to the darkside. She's practically a Revan.
Think about it for a second, if Jar Jar copied the fuck out of the first trilogy for one movie then why not copy the whole kotor plot for the story arc?
The thought process would be as simple as "hey guise, we'll remake the first three into a single movie so that fans will eat the shit up, btw, do you know of any other stuff fans like so we can copy them for the next two movies?"
>>
>>64108698
No it's what happens when intellectually dishonest people try to protect corporate products with the veil of political correctness. It's like when EA said the only reason people voted them worst company is because they were pro-gay.
>>
>>64112771
>-Mind erase I won't accept
Too bad, leaks already confirmed it
>>
File: 1450823972016.jpg (195 KB, 780x770) Image search: [Google]
1450823972016.jpg
195 KB, 780x770
>>64104954
>>
I really don't understand how people have a problem with the lightsaber fight. Rey is a melee specialist living on a shit desert world wrecking people with melee weapons for years. So her ability to fight did not annoy me. Finn's ability with the lightsaber made me rage. Nobody seems to bitch that a sith in training was having trouble with a stormtrooper with no melee combat skills. Someone who got his ass kicked by a Stormtrooper with riot gear. And he was able to even guard against Kylo.

The biggest bullshit about Rey was anything to do with the Falcon. Her ability to fly and know everything about the Falcon made her a mary sue. The lightsaber thing made a lot of sense.
>>
File: yoda1.jpg (203 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
yoda1.jpg
203 KB, 1280x960
>>64104954
>Myself and every real Jedi that have ever existed have had to train for decades, day in and day out, to be able to use force powers proficiently and fight with a saber, and I was one of the best Jedi

Listen autists, nobody gives a fuck about Prequels trash and video game garbage.

Luke never trained much. Yoda gave him some basic lessons and then told him to beat Vader.
>>
>>64113017
none of her individual skills taken in isolation piss me off. but when you add up all the things she's elite at, you are forced to accept she is a mary sue.
>>
>>64105090
>powerlevel

No such thing. Force was never about powerlevels.
>>
>>64105090

The only thing I can see is her being an already seasoned force wielder whose memory was wiped for whatever reason. The movie purposefully hinted at her past before shadowing it in screaming panic attacks.

The movie sucked regardless. None of the characters save Poe and Rylo have any actual character development and purpose. Those two + Han was all that was needed for a solid entry. Rey and and Finn had no fucking purpose for being there.
>>
>>64105189
>>64107776

Serious question: are you people retards?

Force was never about powerlevels. There are no fucking powerlevels in the force.

Prequels fucked up with the chosen one garbage and cannon fodder jedi dropping like flies. Every force user should have similar power.
>>
>>64113017
>melee specialist

sorry but fending off with pseudo-jawas and livng off a diet of powdered bread is not tantamount to being a great warrior.

luke at least had practice on womp-rats.
>>
>>64107461
I dunno. Jerid had an interesting character arc, but it feels like Tomino killed him off too abruptly at the end without. So i wouldn't say it was done right.
>>
>>64104954
>seasoned Sith apprentice
>>
>>64105799

Vader didn't want to kill Luke. By the time Luke becomes a fully fledged Jedi in VI, he can sense this in him--that's why he refuses to fight him in the beginning, until Vader provokes him.

Father didn't want to kill his son. That's the one of the fucking revelations of the final movie.
>>
>>64113154

>sorry but fending off with pseudo-jawas and livng off a diet of powdered bread is not tantamount to being a great warrior.

Better then nearly 99% of the rest of the population of the Star Wars universe when it comes to melee.

And look was shooting Womp-rats. With a blaster. If Rey could deflect blaster bolts with a lightsaber it would be bullshit. Ability to wield it however is proper. Maybe if she had Darth Maul's double-lightsaber you would be happier as that mimicked her weapon more.
>>
>>64105537
he means goten
but the meme with goten and trunks is that their parents (goku, vegeta) had sex when they already achieved super saiyan

so i guess that could have played a role
>>
>>64112917
No, the other guy is right. Any reasonable parties you may have reached with earnest critique are lost to you because of your unreasonable behavior. Most people here don't actually care about Rey's strength as a protagonist (or lack thereof), they just want a new sensationalist party headline to rally around.

My daughter loved the movie. She loved Rey. I really couldn't care less if that upsets you neckbeards. Get out of your basement for once.
>>
>>64107282
>She literally got mindfucked by Kylo just moments earlier
no
she didn't, she defended and even scared him
only poe got mindfucked
>>
>>64113377
>fusing while in saiyen mode is more powerful
>imagine the baby if they fuck while super saiyen
>>
>>64113402
>Any reasonable parties you may have reached with earnest critique are lost to you because of your unreasonable behavior.
Why in the hell do you assume that the person offering legitimate criticisms of the character is the exact same person who says sexist shit? Can you not hear how fucking stupid you sound?
>>
>>64113173
>>Father didn't want to kill his son. That's the one of the fucking revelations of the final movie

And maybe Kylo didn't want to kill his cousin. Oh wait, that's also explicitly stated by the fact that he's holding back and trying to turn her.

And she doesn't fucking beat him either, she basically kicks him away and before he can get up the ground gives away and ends the fight in a stalemate.
>>
>>64113460
>Why in the hell do you assume that the person offering legitimate criticisms of the character is the exact same person who says sexist shit?

Uh, I don't. Did you even read my post? The people that truly give a shit about legitimate criticisms (and not just people kowtowing to their opinion) are very obviously NOT the people rallying behind the sensationalist cries of Mary Sue.
>>
>>64113528
>The people that truly give a shit about legitimate criticisms (and not just people kowtowing to their opinion) are very obviously NOT the people rallying behind the sensationalist cries of Mary Sue.
Calling a character a mary sue is a perfectly legitimate criticism, having an overly powerful main character can be a detriment to a film, there's nothing wrong with leveling that criticism against a film.

>(and not just people kowtowing to their opinion)
What the fuck does this even mean?
>>
>>64113582
>Calling a character a mary sue is a perfectly legitimate criticism

No it fucking isn't. It's a blatant misuse of the word for the starters. It's sensationalist bullshit. It's the same gobshite as Tumblrite labeling things "toxic" and "problematic."

>having an overly powerful main character can be a detriment to a film

Keyword: CAN

My only problem with Rey is that there few, if any scenes where she was taken out of her element and truly stumbled. That has nothing to do with her stupid power level.

>What the fuck does this even mean?

Oh Jesus fucking Christ, you can't possibly be serious.
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.