[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
find single flaw protip : maybe you can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
find single flaw

protip : maybe you can
>>
>>64103975
Plot fizzled out and the movie lost all it's adventure and energy in the last 15-30 minutes
10/10 first half
>>
"I've done literally nothing in 30 years and I need some money. Let's see what's in the papers. Fem-in-ist, eh? That gives me an idea! Come one, come all and pay 10 dollars to see the exact same thing you saw 30 years ago, but this time it's Mad MAXINE"

Literally George Miller's entire hack process
>>
Theron was basically monotone the whole movie, which could have fit her character up until the part where she learned that forest place she was looking for was gone.

Then it became obvious she was phoning it in. It's made even worse since Tom Hardy did a good job and he's a better actor than her anyways.
>>
The flick has no villain in order to make the leads look competent. Yeah there's a big guy, but you never see him do anything, plan anything, coordinating the attack, nothing. He's as anonymous as any road rager on the highway. At the end, we're supposed to be happy that he's dead and he was just cruel to the people for no reason. It's even more simplistic then capeshit. Garbage for reddit manchildren.
>>
>>64104189
>Needing the main villain's actions spelled out for you
>>
Bullet Farmer was only in two scenes when he was one of the best characters
>>
File: The Peacemaker.jpg (324 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
The Peacemaker.jpg
324 KB, 1920x1080
>>64104407
>>
>>64103975
Tom hardy wasn't that good as max. It may be a role that doesn't require dialogue heavy shit, but he just didn't have the face or voice for it
>>
>>64104297
>he had no actions
>he had no leadership
>he literally just sat around waiting for the second half of the flick

Wow, so patrician
>>
>>64103975
>movie named Mad Max
>he's a side character
>>
>>64104561
>Wrong
>Wrong
>Wrong

Did you even watch the movie?
>>
>>64103975

Incredible weak and lame story

Max is a secondary character

Horrible feminist SJW agenda is off the charts

Weak characters

No great dialog

Horrible sound mixing

Overall, the second worst movie in the series after Thunderdome
>>
>>64105654
Best meme.
>>
>>64105654
also the practical effects were a joke and that horrendous blue and orange filter needs to go.
>>
meme

you`re turn
>>
protip : maybe you can
>>
>>64105654
>>Max is a secondary character
not true
>>Horrible feminist SJW agenda is off the charts

not true. Want feminist sci-fi? Watch TFA, ALIENS, TERMINATOR 2 and the likes

>>No great dialog

that's the dumbest criticism

>>Overall, the second worst movie in the series after Thunderdome

Best sequel to the original
>>
>>64107457
Aliens and Terminator 2 don't have pretentious dialogue like "Who ruined the world?" and "You don't have to do it just because he tells you to" and a tribe named the Vuvulini, a reference to the vulva.

You can have feminist sci-fi, just don't expect me to pay for obvious Feminist sci-fi.
>>
>>64107554
>You can have feminist sci-fi, just don't expect me to pay for obvious Feminist sci-fi.

It's not even overtly feminist. Two lines of dialogue and the name of a tribe. That makes it "obvious feminist sci fi" for you?
>>
>>64103975
It's pretty much perfect. The only people who can't appreciate it are fedora tipping fans of Nolan or Fincher.
>>
No, I said Feminist with a capital F.
>>
This movie was so fucking goood

probably the best action movie since die hard
>>
It's the first patrician action film since Keaton's The General.
>>
>>64103975
>that poster
Hnnnnnnnnnng
>>
>>64104056
I am exactly the opposite. The beginning of the movie had no stakes; WE HAVE TO GET AWAY FROM THE BAD GUYS... Yeah, I saw Waterworld. It's not interesting.

WE HAVE TO GO BACK INTO AND THROUGH THE BAD GUYS!!! Now I'm interested! Stakes and drama and end to fight towards!

The last 30 minutes of the movie basically salvaged what had been a boring slog. But still, salvaging that didn't rise it to unknown heights. Just okay.
>>
Oh look the people who praise it to high heavens are muh ethics in gaming journalism /v/edditors top fucking lel
>>
>>64107773
>WE HAVE TO GO BACK INTO AND THROUGH THE BAD GUYS!!! Now I'm interested!

except nothing happened that didn't happen before
>>
Flaws:

Mad Max was insufficiently mad. Tom Hardy lacks the gruff machismo of Gibson's road warrior.

Too much colour made even the nuclear wasteland look like a fun, cartoon desert, like a roadrunner cartoon.

The heroes fleeing Immortan Joe turn right round, charge back, and manage to kill his entire army. Really?
>>
>>64107821
>whining when action heroes in action movies takedown huge enemies

reeeeeetaĆ aaaaaaard?
>>
>>64107821
>like a roadrunner cartoon
That's the point.
>>
File: 1449699541996.jpg (43 KB, 599x591) Image search: [Google]
1449699541996.jpg
43 KB, 599x591
>>64107752
Topkek
>>
>>64107808
Did that make sense in your head? That's literally the exact opposite of who liked the movie.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.