[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When Han Solo and R2D2 appeared in the movie, most of the theater
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6
File: _84138293_84138288.jpg (44 KB, 660x371) Image search: [Google]
_84138293_84138288.jpg
44 KB, 660x371
When Han Solo and R2D2 appeared in the movie, most of the theater erupted in applause, and those were the only parts where they applauded. This irritated the fuck out of me, clapping like a bunch of fucking sheep. The movie wasn't even that good.
>>
>>64100778
I got really drunk and talked all the way through the film. By the end I was loudly mocking it and someone called me a bastard.
>>
>>64100778
Well you're also a sheep because you paid to see it.

Meanwhile me, like the true patricians, just shit on the move on /tv/ without paying to see it.
>>
File: autism.jpg (12 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
12 KB, 277x296
>>64100778
I can picture it now. You in the theater whispering under your breath after every bout of applause, "fucking normies"
>>
>>64100819
This
Fuck outta here OP
>>
>>64100819
Op should have watched ep 4 again.
>>
>>64100818
Well if the boot fits...
>>
>>64100901
I didnt say I wasnt. I had a good long laugh about it.
>>
My theater was pretty quiet, but everyone clapped at the end.
>>
File: dont do that.jpg (11 KB, 235x236) Image search: [Google]
dont do that.jpg
11 KB, 235x236
>>64100819
>you're also a sheep
>like the true patricians
>>
>>64100819
>>64100839
Nothing wrong with telling my experience. I didn't even pay for it, my company invited me to see it with my coworkers.
>>
>>64100819
>watch a 240p camrip
>WOW THIS MOVIE SUCKS WTF
lmao stay pleb
>>
>>64101394
It is proof the movie relies on its splosions more than its shitty plot at least
>>
>>64101458
>thinks special fx are the only things that are affected by shitty quality
I was joking before but you really are a pleb
>>
>>64101503
Nah I wasnt him. I paid $40 to see that trash at like 230 in the morning. Talk about just pissing all over the franchise.
>>
Times people in my theatre applauded (this was opening night):

>Star Wars title screen
>Falcon reveal
>Han+Chewie reveal
>Leia+C3PO reveal
>R2D2 reveal
>when Rey got the lightsaber
>Luke reveal
>Ending
>>
>>64100778
I saw Star Wars on the ultra screen at AMC.
The audience didn't applaud, and was well behaved.
>>
>>64101539
Thats pretty much every 'hold for applause' moment in the movie.
>>
>>64100778
> STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE
you seem to have overestimated your importance as being anything more than a rounding error
>>
>>64100778
>sheep
maybe you should bring it up in your sociology 102 class next semester
>>
>>64101894
Lol, that's like bringing bacon into a mosque, are you stupid or something?
>>
>be american in movie theater
>movie starts
>audience immediately claps
>get shot
>audience claps even louder

americans, not even once.
>>
>>64102468
How did the premiere for this have not a single shooting
>>
>>64100778

One loser kept trying to start applause, but I saw it like 6 days after it came out and no one cared.
>>
>>64101807

Same. I was pleasantly surprised by the lack of clapping in my theater. I even called it beforehand to my brother and had to eat my words.
>>
At least the theater you went to didn't have an autist who kept shouting at the screen every five minutes.
I thought it was meme, but apparently these people exist.
>>
>>64100778
In my theater when LucasFilm popped up a couple people tried to start a clap.

No one bothered to it up.

There was no clapping at any part of the movie, and it made for a wonderful experience.
>>
File: shoes america.jpg (67 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
shoes america.jpg
67 KB, 640x480
>when someone always does a single loud clap
>>
I just saw it with my extended family.

The worst wasn't the applause, the worst part was this fucking edgy faggot in a trench-coat and fedora waving around a laser pointer at the screen during action scenes.

I didn't even like the movie but I have never wanted to stab a motherfucker so bad before.
>>
I saw it in a full theatre and there was applause several times. Also too much laughing, I hate seeing movies in a full theatre. Interestingly at least ten people laughed when kylo took off his mask, I thought it was a meme from here. I wanted to drop kick them
>>
File: Peter_lorre.jpg (26 KB, 232x285) Image search: [Google]
Peter_lorre.jpg
26 KB, 232x285
>>64100778
>his irritated the fuck out of me, clapping like a bunch of fucking sheep.

Yeah, I felt the same way anon, you're not alone. And the sheep comment is spot on. People are desperate for their likes and upvotes for being part of the hive mind. The worst part is that I have old friends from film school that would look JJ's boots if they could for this film. I miss Lucas.
>>
>>64102801
Some girl shouted "ew!" when Kylo took of his mask.
Poor Adam Driver.
>>
>>64102801
>Interestingly at least ten people laughed when kylo took off his mask

This happened to me too. He's weird-looking, but not weird enough to justify actual laughs. Might be memers, like you said.
>>
File: 1266348846514.jpg (25 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1266348846514.jpg
25 KB, 300x400
>tfw this movie was the first time I'd ever seen a movie audience clap at a screen
>always assumed this was just a 4chan meme because I'd never heard anyone mention it happening
fucking americlaps is a real thing.
>>
>be in a US theater with Study Abroad German friends
>they're giddy as fuck in the most stoic way
>entertained by the movie without having to make a sound to show it
>suddenly Han Solo shows up on the screen
>theater starts clapping
>German friends yell at everyone to keep it down
>no more noise from the audience during the movie

bonus story

>looking for 4 seats for my friends and I
>see 4 empty seats in the middle of the theater
>one friend tries to sit in one but some asshat with a stormtrooper hat tells him that the seats are reserved
>friend asks if that's allowed after telling him that seats aren't assigned earlier
>explain to him the american tradition of seat saving
>another friend says he will spoil the movie unless the man gives up the seat
>man hightails it to the front row seats and we take the seats he reserved for us
>other german friend asks if we should had tipped him
>>
>>64100778
the person behind me yelled "YAS...YAAAASSS" behind me when they showed up. and for the batman v superman trailer before it too. like they didn't know wonder woman was part of the movie.
>>
>>64102992
your friends sound like meme-spouting faggots.
>>
>>64100778
I laughed and gave a little clap at C3PO's entrance, but that's only because it was flawlessly done. I think when Han and Chewbacca showed up I might've smiled a little.
>>
>>64103134

lol dork
>>
>>64101873
>tips fedora
>>
>>64100778
>most of the theater erupted in applause
American problems.
>>
>>64100933
You sound like a nigger. Niggers should be banned from movie theaters.
>>
>I recognise these characters! Yay!

Clap clap clap
>>
>>64100901
say that again
>>
>>64102691
Same here, it was hell with teenagers clapping like 6/7 years ago, but now it's gone. This year, there was one kid who tried to clap, nobody followed up and he slowly stopped embarassed.
>>
So I'm hearing about american movie theaters, how people get up and clap furiously every five minutes and how they don't have showers in the premises. Are these stories true? Why do you people pay to watch movies like this?
>>
>>64100778
>implying there wasn't clapping at the end of the movie
>>
>>64103876
Exactly.
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.