[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I actually liked this whats the appeal of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
>I actually liked this

whats the appeal of this movie?
>>
It's Wes Anderson going full on Wes Anderson
>>
>>64099568
whimsy I'd say
>>
>>64099568
Its pretty much the only wes anderson movie that doesnt suck cock.

>Inb4 a bunch of autistic hipsters try to defen his stuff.

I enjoyed this movie because it was goofie, actually had a good story, and it was paced REALLY well.
>>
the grand cuckold hotel
>>
felt like i was watching a sidescrolling video game.
>>
>>64099692
This, yeah.

It's like Charles Dickens, if you've ever bothered to read a book. The characters are all interesting and intriguing in their own way (even the villains), and because they're so interesting you form a certain attachment to them. The type of whimsy that draws you into Ms. Havisham is the same stuff that makes us interested in Royal Tenenbaum.

Grand Budapest Hotel in particular has a wide range of characters who each have interesting facets about them—even so much as a birthmark shaped like Mexico is a nice intriguing touch to a character.
>>
>>64100007
>i just read great expectations in my 9th grade english class
>>
>>64099568
Le quirky reddit movie. Only people who thinks its good are pretentious fgts, Moonrise Kingdom was better.
>>
File: 1431775182606.gif (711 KB, 500x228) Image search: [Google]
1431775182606.gif
711 KB, 500x228
>>64099568
It's adorable, I loved it.
Looked stunning, like a pop up book, was silly...
Super fucking cozy feeling.
>>
>>64100034
>I'm so mad I'm not a reader

Take your insecurities elsewhere.
>>
I tried so hard to hate it, but it totally won me over like halfway through.

As cheesy as that sounds, it really says alot about how good it is I think.
>>
It was just really fun and whimsical, like the ski chase, top lel. And it wasn't just dumb pointless silliness, the characters were compelling. Maybe not the most believable characters but realism isn't everything and the style worked.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.