[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sicario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: maxresdefault.jpg (71 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
71 KB, 1280x720
So fucking dissapointing. Villeneuve has great talent for creating suspense, but gets lost in action and his best directing feat consists of letting his cinematographer do the location filming. I think Sicario is the most poorly written film I've seen since Prometheus. At least Counselor didn't pretend its outbursts of prose were grounded in reality. This movie thrives on creating ludicrous plot resolution in order to fit in punchlines. I bet the fucker that wrote this envisioned the dinner scene and went ass backwards from there. It's like a fucking video game plot.
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (198 KB, 3000x1688) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
198 KB, 3000x1688
>muh video games

stop trying to force this meme you autist
>>
A bunch of mad kiddos are going to try to refute you because they simply didn't notice.
>>
>>64098313
But Villeneuve himself said that the whole night vision sequence was influenced by video game shooters.
>>
I dont think the plot resolutions are ludicrous at all, It succeeds in portraying blunts worthlessness in a world of hierarchical evil. No stories are tied neatly in a bow and it just sort if ends in a rather bleak quasi-resolution quite aberrant to modern day film making.
>>
>>64098680

>No stories are tied neatly in a bow and it just sort if ends in a rather bleak quasi-resolution quite aberrant to modern day film making.

Reminded a lot of no country for old men.
>>
movie was great, plot was consistent. Not everything needs resolving.
>>
I laughed hard when I saw the dead bodies hanging on the side of the road. I go to Juarez once a month to do my shopping, pretty nice place.
>>
>>64098741
Not at all, No Country is not a straightforward tale of vengeance. In fact its theme consists of shrugging off protag's importance.
>>
>>64099319
W-well are there bodies hanging when you go...?
>>
>>64099542
>Not at all, No Country is not a straightforward tale of vengeance.

Sicario is not a straightforward tale of vengeance. It's about a idealistic and naive main character getting thrown into a world where they are hopelessly outmatched.

>In fact its theme consists of shrugging off protag's importance.

Same with Sicario.
>>
>>64099655
Blunt is not the main character.
>>
>>64099753
Yes, she is.

Although you could argue that the main character wasn't her, just like in no country.
>>
>>64099806
In No Country main character is Tommy Lee Jones. It is not a matter of arguing, he is. Same with Sicario which is a hamfisted tale of revenge.
>>
>>64099871
>In No Country main character is Tommy Lee Jones.

Sure, i guess you could argue that. (in the book The Sheriff is more clearly the main character)

But i think both Brolin's character is more fit for that description

>Same with Sicario which is a hamfisted tale of revenge.

You don't know what hamfisted or what a tale of revenge is my friend.

I'm afraid i'm arguing with a retard.
>>
File: 1447608153498.png (20 KB, 326x272) Image search: [Google]
1447608153498.png
20 KB, 326x272
>>64099645
No. It's the first city at the Mexico-US border. It was a bit over dramatized in the film but college kids go there to party these days. It was pretty bad before with girls going missing but it's gotten better.
>>
>>64099999
Nice quints, sperg. Del Toro's arrival at the big baddie house was the most retarded movie sequence I've seen since Prometheus xenobiologist demonstration.
>>
>>64100063
oh so you're just pissed about that final sequence?
>>
>>64100012
You're not going to trick me into going there
>>
>>64100156
No, there were tons of ludicrous details, starting with the profession of Blunt's character, various exchanges, outbursts of info and extremely poor sense of coordination when filming an action sequence. Made the whole thing completely illogical and arbitrary.
>>
>>64100763
I see. You are just making shit up to hate on the movie.

>Made the whole thing completely illogical and arbitrary.

The only thing illogical and arbitrary are your posts my friend.
>>
>>64100893
>You're just making up plot details to hate on the movie

I do apologize for not making the effort to regurgitate the plot for you, scene-by-scene. But have an (You)pvote.
>>
>>64098232
Thank you for your top-tier review, I was waiting on someone to relate this to Counsellor (which I found quite Shakespearean and therefore enjoyable) before seeing it.

If people want cinematography then they should watch a documentary, we are here for help with the human condition. Punch-lines are only good for the wetting of panties and memes.
>>
>>64101323
Nothing wrong with cinematography anon, quite the contrary. I love McCarthy but his prose in Counselor was slightly off point. It did offer some neat insight and lifted the flick to a more shadowy realm. I don't think it's a particularly good way to deal with dialogue but in the end most of it worked. I liked the Counselor as a glimpse into the Blood Meridian sequel dealing with modern day Mexico that we will never get. At least we know that McCarthy is interested into theme. In No Country it was just a backdrop, fingers on the horizon, in Counselor you can see the whole outstretched limb.
>>
So this. This is what a reddit thread looks like.
>>
Why doesn't Emily Blunt show expression?
>>
>>64101323
>If people want cinematography then they should watch a documentary

>>64101504
>I liked the Counselor as a glimpse into the Blood Meridian sequel dealing with modern day Mexico that we will never get.

Holy shit, this board is dumber than a sack of bricks.

At least the Star Wars niggers around these parts don't think that their shitty movies and their shit taste mean anything unlike you faggots.

Also leave the discussion of Sicario to /k/ retards. They are more sensible than you.
>>
>>64099319
Some guy on /pol/ said the Juarez isn't bad and he lives there even though he is an American citizen because it's cheap rent. I probably will never go into Mexico after seeing this movie, it looks like hell over there. I mean just checking wikitravel there are about 3100 murders a year in the city, that's fucking crazy.
>>
>>64101668

This. The movie scared the shit out of me, I never in my life want to go anywhere near that shithole. Even texas or arizona would be too close.
>>
>>64101504
Nothing wrong with it, but when you hear it is the most praiseworthy quality of a film it has taught me to question the rest of the content.
>>
>>64098232
I thought the movie was about how women are pretty much useless and clueless in every career, and any time they're in a job you can be sure they're there to tick off some affirmative action bean counter list and ideally just stay out of the way.

It was like pottery.
>>
>>64101668
>>64101721
guys it's pretty cozy down here why not come on over so we can hangout
>>
>>64101660
>zero contribution
Yeah lets not discuss hard to discuss films and let the ratio of star wars threads to anything else get more out of control. Fuck up.
>>
>>64101323
What the fuck are you saying

>>64100763
Nothing wrong with Blunt's character.

The exchanges were sparse but totally fine. I watched the movie again this week, it was still tremendous.

You're a faggot.
>>
>>64101820
Yes anon, you see everything through sjw/anti-sjw glasses and no one is surprised
>>
File: 1400783136122.png (21 KB, 645x773) Image search: [Google]
1400783136122.png
21 KB, 645x773
>movie hits theaters
>generally gets good buzz on /tv/, a few dissenting whiners but mostly recognized as breddy gud :DDDD
>screener leaks
>NEET autists who can't afford a ticket/handle the anxiety of going to the theater get their grubby greasy hands on it
>every thread now saying it's shit
I love Screener Leak season. It's my favorite thing about December, Christmas being a distant second place.
>>
>>64102299
There were a lot of threads praising it, most of them actually
>>
>>64101768
It is a visual medium and usually a good way to gauge quality. Rarely are beautiful shot films truly bad.
>>
>>64101854

>hard to discuss films

Really?
>>
>>64098232
>Villenueve has great talent

kek, well meme'd.
>>
>>64102299
>so lonely he has to make a personal diary entry
>>
>>64098232
i didnt like the movie that much either.
>>
>>64098680
>blunts worthlessness in a world of hierarchical evil
in a world of patriarchy rather
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.