[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you could change anything in this movie what would you change?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (865 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
865 KB, 1920x1080
If you could change anything in this movie what would you change?
>>
The fact that it should have had a good second half.

It relies on plot bullshit and 'hah tricked you' flashbacks to come to a conclusion.

Great premise ruined by poor execution. I wish Domhall also turned out to be an android desu
>>
>>64097221
How would domnhall being an android not be a 'hah trickd u' moment? Revealing something like that and not leaving it ambiguous would have eaten ass. I would change nothing about this movie, except the very last scene with Ava in the real world. it should have ended with the helicopter flying away.
>>
>>64097176
It would be me dancing with based Oscar instead of that robot
>>
Replace Domhnall with someone not so hateable.
>>
>>64097285
also holy shit domnhall was in 4 of the best movies of the year/
>>
>>64097176
The robot would have fleshy-looking titties hanging out the whole time and there'd be a lot more sex. Like, the whole movie would have just been people having sex with the robot.
I'd call it Sex Machina.
>>
>>64097285
My personal opinion is that the movie is all set up and no pay off. It's a science fiction movie which builds up to a perfect premise within the first act, but then sort of...goes with the most boring route possible. It's not a bad film, but it doesn't value a rewatch because once you know what happens there's little worth going back for.

It doesn't go heavy on the relationship of any of the characters.

There isn't a fun set piece sequence or any kind of built up suspense.

It just ends and that's that.
>>
>>64097285
It should have ended with Ava being deconstructed and Caleb going home
>>
I would have Ava killed as soon as she left the house by some security mechanism.
>>
Replace Vikander with someone with a better body
>>
>>64097359
I agree with the fact that there was no big pay off or moment when the tension was finally uncorked, but I don't want every movie to follow the same formula. I see a lot of blockbusters and I really appreciated that there was no action scene where they're chasing Ava or something. I even thought the music blaring when he was stabbed was kind of too much. If him being stabbed had just been glossed over and in the background, and it just focused on Ava and how much she didn't give a shit at all, that would have been more impactful. I don't really disagree with you, but I wouldn't have changed much. Nothing was offensively bad or cliché.
>>
extremely subtle hints that domnhall is also not human and potentially even oscar isaac is also an earlier design model trying to create a better one. very very subtle though, not wink wink obvious pushing the issue like in say blade runner

oh and vikanders character ends up having to literally fuck her way out of the compound
>>
>>64097176
Caleb was such a non-relatable character, i hate him a little bit.
also he has a stupid face and a bad acting performance
>>
>>64097354
Fund it
>>
>>64097176

the ending. should have been that the robot 3d prints Caleb's face and body and then puts him on as a disguise for the helicopter pilot, but puts her parts into a duffel so she can change back when she gets to the city
>>
>>64097176
A less retarded Caleb and a less "babby's first AI movie" plot. Essentially 2 smart guys, having in-depth conversations on the subject of AIs and an ending that's thought provoking and not the exact same thing they justified throughout the whole plot (which plebs still didn't understand).

It coulda been a 5 star movie to a small group of people and boring and inscrutable for the majority but it ended up a meh movie for everyone. People who are interested in computers and AI got nothing out of it that other movies on the subject (Her, Robot and Frank, A.I., Ghost in the Shell, fucking Blade Runner) didn't give them already, whereas the majority thought the ending was stupid because a robot didn't have the moral values of a human being (duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh).
>>
Great visuals and set up, like other have said, and no pay off. Unlikable/uninteresting characters and lack of plot makes it forgettable.
>>
The central premise shouldnt have been "true AI" or at least as portrayed in the film. It shouldve been about AI.

The real issue with all his robots was that they didnt DO anything, because without programmed goals or objectives they just sat around, the only winning move is to not play and all that jazz.

so he designs an AI who has a single goal: reaching the outside world. not true AI, just strong AI with a goal. The AI then utilizes everything it knows about humans to come up with an escape plan, tricking the dupe like it did in the movie (in reality not much has to change in the film, the central change is just its clearer that she isnt true AI, that she isnt going "beyond" her programming or anything, she just wants to escape and utilizes all of her tools to achieve that end)
>>
>>64098015
yea, ill agree just about entirely with this.

the movie needed to be a little less contrived and a little more bold and explicit imo
>>
whats she going to do when he batteries run out?
>>
replace vikander with mai waifu
>>
>>64097359
>doesn't value a rewatch
just shut the fuck up, pretentious faggot
>>
>>64099011
Seriously, what is gained upon re watching it? How does the end of the movie put the beginning of the movie in any different context?
>>
>>64097176
the CGI
>>
>>64097176
A twist: Eva turns out to be a real person (a cyborg)
>>
>>64097176

More robot sex scenes.
>>
>>64097308
T H I S T B H
H
I
S
T
B
H
>>
>>64099065
so every time you rewatch a movie youre supposed to have some brandspanking new insight about the meaning of life you didnt have last time? your pseudointellectual bullshit only covers up your inability to appreciate a movie for its beauty, pacing, dialogue, mood, or anything else. but then i guess you only watch movies so you can have something "insightful" to say on a bulgarian carpet weaving board.
>>
The lack of robot sex.
>>
File: 1450137443782.jpg (13 KB, 279x311) Image search: [Google]
1450137443782.jpg
13 KB, 279x311
>>64099075
what
>>
If you don't see it as ambiguous and have a strong interpretation it would be disappointing. I guess it is only interesting if her level of sociopathy is still up in the air to you (a complex but unconscious simulation, concious and ruthless, concious but with some level of regret now or later, etc). It was the point that no explicit conclusion is provided and the film is careful to protect that.

There is very little known or of interest to be said about AI or the physical mechanism of consciousness for two characters to discuss. The social media influenced design for the AI seemed a little silly to me, maybe better left out.

I'd have liked a better design of the facility. Ditch the key-card system for something more believable which leads to the same outcome. Perhaps some dialogue from Nathan with subtle hints at escape being viable by design, even through his own destruction.

A brief ambiguous exchange with the helicopter pilot.

Then Perfect little film as far as I'm concerned.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.