[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>luke ignites the new saber showing that after 2 films he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31
>luke ignites the new saber showing that after 2 films he's finally the real deal
>proceeds to BTFO all of jabbas crew
>implying this isnt the most based moment in all the films

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oezZTXzXs90
>>
>>64096856
I've always wondered how the guards didn't notice all the obviously fucking signalling going around

Still a neat scene. Boba was a huge disappointment
>>
>>64096881
[tuba intensifies]
>>
I'm watching RotJ right now.

Ewoks are just as shitty as I remember them. Sheev is far better. Vader is still a fucking bad ass. Endor scenes are boring and why I'm posting on /tv/ instead of paying attention.
>>
>muppets in space
>>
>>64096856
the waiting around with the tuba and strings into plank jump was one of my favorite things as a kid
>>
>>64096856
Dunno senpai that Rancor cave scene kinda kicked him down a notch, it actually made the scene interesting instead of just making Luke a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64096881
I know it's not really fair to compare, but you'd think Fett would know better to land right in fucking front of a Jedi.
>>
Great scene but honestly no reason to hide the saber in R2D2 when he could've just walked into Jabba's base with it and cut everybody down right from the start
>>
>>64097166
They had metal detectors.
>>
>>64096959
>Endor scenes are boring
>implying the speeder scene isn't one of the best parts of the movie
I agree though, Endor is boring, excluding that scene.
>>
>>64096856
>implying youre not right
>implying luke going ham isnt one of the best scenes in the trilogy
>implying VIIbabbies wont try to find a scene in their flick to compare but fail horribly
>>
>>64097203
Speeder scene is pretty alright, but yeah, the rest of Endor is a total snooze fest.
>>
File: image.jpg (90 KB, 1023x758) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90 KB, 1023x758
Mass murdering psychopath.

RIP Max Rebo Band
>>
>>64096856

I've had more fun watching this 2:57 scene than with the whole TFA movie.

Plus, there's a whole difference about how the OT treated the stormtroopers and other enemies like these Jabba soldiers and TFA does. In TFA stormtroopers are actually professional soldiers that can even stand a fight with a Sith. In the OT they'd just miss a thousand shoots and die in funny ways. Then the fun in TFA goes around memeing the main villain (Meme Ren) while in the OT the main villain gains all the respect.

OT's approach was a thousand times better.
>>
Its all in close ups and medium shots, you cant see shit
>>
>When Obi-Wan and Yoda die their bodies magically disappear
>When Vader dies it just sits right there
What the fuck, Lucas?
>>
>>64096856
Best scene in ROTJ by far, one of the best in the OT.
>>
>>64097195

How come they didn't the thermal detonator then?
>>
File: luke vs vader.jpg (148 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
luke vs vader.jpg
148 KB, 1200x675
>>64097635
>best scene in ROTJ
>by far

How wrong are you
>>
>>64097644
Issa phake
>>
>>64097578
He was more machine than man. Hence there wasn't much left capable of disappearing.
>>
>Hurr 7 is soo much better than RotJ guise!!!
>>
>>64096856

Can't wait for Disney to release the original versions on bluray. It'll be great seeing them again without any of the added CGI.
>>
>>64097712
That's so dumb. His face should have disappeared then.

RotJ really is just sloppy and lazy. I rewatched the OT last night and today and I found it so hard to be interested in RotJ after the opening scene on Tatooine. Yeah, the Emperor is cool and when Luke and Vader meet up it's nice, but the Endor and Death Star Gets Destroyed pt. 2 Electric Boogaloo is so boring.
>>
>>64097667

This, I re-watched RoTJ recently

this ending is majestic
>>
>>64097635
>by far
I don't know.

Emperor-Vader-Luke scene, space battle scene.
Those two are also fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvbbX7HKl1Y
>>
>>64097808
Space battle is boring. We already saw the same exact shit in ANH.
>>
File: youdunfuckedup.png (152 KB, 228x373) Image search: [Google]
youdunfuckedup.png
152 KB, 228x373
>>64097834
>Space battle is boring.

>talking shit on the most hype space battle ever put on film
>>
>>64097772
>That's so dumb. His face should have disappeared then

That's fucking retarded, anon.
>>
>>64096856
It's very cool, and well-directed, and well-scored, but it's pretty fucking poorly edited.
>That fucking entire second Luke's just waiting, exposed and vulnerable, for his lightsaber to fall into his hand.

So poorly timed.
>>
Dang the old movies haven't aged well
>>
>>64096856
>that totally unnecessary speeder crossing the frame in the first 10 seconds

why

why
>>
>>64097873
Now you're thinking. Having their bodies disappear is fucking stupid and makes no sense.
>>
>>64097834
>We already saw the same exact shit in ANH.

>we saw a massive rebel fleet vs an Imperial fleet + 3/4 of a Death Star

shit son, get it together
>>
>>64097834
just because they both have space battles, doesn't mean it's the same thing.

>but death star

it's still not the same. this isn't a trench run.
>>
>>64096856

ROTJ

Great:

- Sheev/Vader scenes
- Scenes on the Death Star

Good:

- Jabba sequence

Terrible:

- The heart is gone
- The humour is terrible
- Chewie's tarzan yell
- Tapping on the shoulder scene was horrible
- Ewoks are a clear marketing ploy
- Too many cute/funny scenes that fall flat
- Han/Leia's incredible chemistry in empire is cardboard, and show's that it wasn't the actor's fault in the prequels, it was the direction
- You go instantly from saving han to the final battle
- Death Star 2.0

Overall, it has redeeming qualities but is on par with ROTS for me.

I re-watched it last weekend right after empire, and the drop in quality is staggering.
>>
I liked the Ewoks
>>
>>64096856
>best scene
>ignoring the best space battle ever on film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
>>
>>64097160
especially if you count prequels as canon. it makes no sense for him to fight at a jedi at close range when he saw his father get decapitated by a jedi as a boy
>>
>>64097873
>>64097772
>>64097905
Obi-Wan and Yoda=One with the force

Vader=Never one with the force and just used it to his advantage
>>
File: 1434013899604.png (41 KB, 218x179) Image search: [Google]
1434013899604.png
41 KB, 218x179
>>64096881
>Fett should have had his money already for bringing Han in
>Just decides to bunk with Jabba for some reason on Tatooine
>>
>>64097952
prequels aren't canon imo
>>
>>64097909
It's the same shit, dude. You have similar amounts of pilot characters you keep cutting between, you have the same goal, you have the same scenes even with crashing rebel pilots taking out fortified positions.

ANH did it better and it felt original. This felt like a rehash. I know you're going to harp on me for mentioning a Plinkett review, but yeah, the ending multiplication effect is real. Endor sucked, and the space battle didn't have the charm of Hoth and Yavin. We'd already been there and done that.

RotJ is a sloppy lazy film in most respects. It started off well, and the scenes with Luke, Vader, and the Emperor are well done, but we're left with about half of the movie as filler. Fuck that shit.
>>
File: marco_scheloske_redleader05.jpg (73 KB, 800x593) Image search: [Google]
marco_scheloske_redleader05.jpg
73 KB, 800x593
>>64096881
Fett was high as fuck after partying with Jabba.
He managed to not kill himself so I call it a victory.
>>
>>64097995
Seeing the Rebel capital ships was new and cool. Watching the A-wing crash into the Super Star Destroyer was neat. The way it was edited so it happened as Luke fought Vader was nice.
>>
>>64097917
>I re-watched it last weekend right after empire, and the drop in quality is staggering.
So true, I feel the same way right now after having watched all three. The heart is gone and the quality seriously drops. We do have some gems, but you're digging it out of shit.
>>
>>64097578
Vader had gone too far to the dark side. Yoda/Obi's way stresses balance and unity with the force, their spirits join and flow through it in death.

Vader was too far gone and needed to be redeemed by Luke. He does so in the battle, and then symbolically when he burns Vader's body, at which point Anakin becomes a firce ghost.
>>
>>64097667
yea man the ewok tribal dance celebration is epic
>>
>>64096881
I never, ever understood the obsession with boba fett, he literally doesn't nothing but stand around then die.
>>
>>64098054
We saw the Rebel capital ships at the end of The Empire Strikes Back.

Check.
>>
>>64098064
Get the fuck out of here, Jorge. That's stupid bullshit and you know it. Why do we never see any Jedi in the prequels have their bodies magically disappear? Surely Mace Windu and Qui-Gon are one with the force?
>>
Okay so we all agree Ewoks are shit, but the intro, space battle and final confrontation are good.

So how would this be fixed?
>>
>>64098093
Not in battle

In fact, we hadn't seen a large scale space battle at all in the entire series up until that point.
>>
File: 1448488870999.jpg (22 KB, 741x530) Image search: [Google]
1448488870999.jpg
22 KB, 741x530
>There are people who haven't watched the Despecialized Editions of the Blu-Ray Rips
>>
>>64098087
he looks cool, doesn't talk like a fag, and one ups one of the coolest characters ever in fiction. what's not to like?
>>
>>64098087
looks cool

phasma now tops him in that category though. so useless, but the merchandise game ridiculous.
>>
>>64098128
I grew up on unspecialized. Its the only way.
>>
>>64097950
You good Sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.
>>
>>64098121
Yavin felt large scale to me. A squadron of X-wings taking on the Death Star while fighting off a wave of TIE fighters.

>More is better!
Not necessarily, George.
>>
>>64098119
cut half of the endor shit, have han die in the assault on the death star, give luke a real temptation to turn to the dark side

also fuck the tarzan yell. have chewie die with han in the falcon. SOMETHING emotionally engaging.
>>
This may be a stupid question but are there DVD versions of the unaltered original trilogy for sale?
>>
>>64097667
>Anakin Finally bests the High Ground.
>>
>>64098171
>Yavin felt large scale to me

Meh, people want to see capitol ships. We wanted to see the Star Destroyer fleets doing battle.
>>
>>64098187
There was a DVD with the unaltered movies as a special feature release about 15 years ago. Shocking, I know.
>>
>>64098080
Based George fixed it in one of the edits by adding better music.
>>
>>64096881
>Boba was a huge disappointment
lmao

maybe if you were some EU faggot who in retrospect though boba was some godlike figure

he was just another dispensible no name in the star wars universe at the time
>>
>>64098187
You have to download the despecialized editions... They're fucking fantastic (although they are each like 20mb which is fucking absurd).

Also, they didn't do RotJ yet
>>
>>64098087
they hyped him up as this cool badass that was going to have an epic battle and then he fell into the sand anus
>>
>>64096881
>Boba was a huge disappointment
To his credit he was the only one who gave Luke any pause in that scene.
Everyone else just got mowed down.
>>
>>64098220
Fair enough, but I don't think the fight in RotJ felt much grander in scale than in ANH.
>>
>>64098239

the new edit for the ending of RoTJ is actually quality

music is cool
>>
>>64098251
i think they have but its basically just replacing edited scenes with upscaled footage from the old unaltered dvd release that was made from the laserdisc masters
>>
>>64096881
As a kid, the very first thing about the EU that I was aware of was that there were literally 1,000 stories about Boba Fett escaping from the sarlac because he is Boba Fucking Fett
>>
>>64097761
N
E V E R
V
E
R
>>
>>64097578

Anakin actually died on the lava planet, his body was just zombie-propped up as Vader, leaving his spirit in limbo until the body finally died in ROTJ, that's why Hayden's spirit is young while Kenobi and Yoda are as old as they are when they died.
>>
>>64098087
It's because he had a cool toy that all the autists latched onto.
>>
>>64096856
When I saw this scene as a kid back then, I thought it was the greatest fucking shit in the world.

Today, I still think it's great. But I have 2 gripes as an adult:

1) Boba is supposed to be a super bad ass fighter. He goes down way too fast.

2) I know it's impossible because MUH RATING, but I seriously wish they could have had realistic dismemberment in the movies. The way Luke swings, limbs would have flown around.
>>
File: image.jpg (54 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54 KB, 400x400
>The God awful Specialized Editions are the only version available to the general public
>you literally have to download some nerd rip off the internet if you want to see the original movies

Jesus Chris WHY
>>
>>64096856
It really is great. Luke during the whole Jabba thing is fantastic. Killing or knocking out those guards, mind tricking Bib Fortuna, even just using the force to grab a gun and trying to murder Jabba right there. He does it all so effortlessly too, his only real obstacle was killing a rancor unarmed and he still pulled that off.

>>64097260
>everyone agreeing scene is great
>muh vii sucks!
>flick
>implying even a new hope has a scene like this
>>
File: ObiWan.jpg (54 KB, 406x500) Image search: [Google]
ObiWan.jpg
54 KB, 406x500
>The highground of the force is a pathway to many abilities that some consider to be unnatural
>Is it possible to learn this power?
>Not from a Sith
>>
>>64098140
This. What this guy said. He showed the seemingly invincible inter-galatic Empire how it's fucking done.

Also, having awesome space knight armor and a jet pack helps
>>
>>64097995
bullshit. the two scenes feel completely different. Yavin is directly pulled from WW2 dogfights, highly structured, methodical, straightforward (get X-Wings to the chute)

Endor is pure scifi, it's magnified space combat between enormous crafts with no real counterpart, it's the first time we get to see a "star war" on the scale that phrase would suggest. The pacing is completely different with the cutting between fights, and the intent and effect of that pacing too: Yavin is focused entirely on the run itself, whereas the chaos of Endor is meant to reflect Luke vs Vader and Luke's own struggle

the only similarity is the "blow up the core" mission, and even that is executed hugely differently, technically and stylistically. you cunt
>>
>>64098436
Hey man, you can lie to yourself about the chaos and it resembling Luke and Vader's fight, but don't come here and lie to me.
>>
>>64097578
>>64097712
>>64098064
>>64098357
I like your approach, but you guys are aware they are only burning Vader's armour and helmet on Endor, right?

You actually never see his death on camera. You get to see his last wish when Luke takes off his mask, from which he falls unconscious shortly after. Presumably the armour and helmet on Endor are empty.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHH6YVHGh90

This might be one of my favorite scenes from the entire series.

Vader being a fucking badass.
Chewie's reaction is perfect, amps you up.
Han quick drawing on Vader and trying to gun his ass down instead of cowering like a bitch.
Nigger selling them out.

Perfect.
>>
>>64098087
He looked cool and was enough of a mystery that anyone could just invent any awesome ideas about him that they wanted. Same deal with the Clone Wars. The concepts are cool even though the original trilogy doesn't elaborate on them.

Trying to elaborate is probably pointless anyways. They work better as vague ideas.
>>
>>64098115
No, it's the most obvious shit ever you fucking retard. And why the fuck would you cite the prequels to try and find inconsistencies in the OT, Jesus Christ you're stupid
>>
>>64098536
>Darth Vader is presented as a fallen Jedi that ultimately redeems himself.
>He has mastery of the force
>His body doesn't disappear when he dies
There really is no good reason other than sloppy writing.
>>
File: It's-a_Me--Thrawn.jpg (52 KB, 450x350) Image search: [Google]
It's-a_Me--Thrawn.jpg
52 KB, 450x350
>>64098506
Vader used to BTFO everyone. That's why everybody liked him, but the prequels turned him into a pussy.
>>
File: 1415823381735.png (224 KB, 2550x3300) Image search: [Google]
1415823381735.png
224 KB, 2550x3300
>>64097761
>Can't wait for Disney to release the original versions on bluray. It'll be great seeing them again without any of the added CGI.
>mfw he really thinks Disney would release something they couldn't monetise on
Today's youth doesn't want to watch anything that's older than 5 years max + they can't fathom effects that are not CGI'd pup the ass
>>
>>64098436
The pacing being completely different doesn't make it good. The pacing is the worst part of the end sequence. We've got cool space battles and personal confrontations mixed with boring shit with teddy bears beating machines with sticks. Endor sucks. You could cut out half of those scenes and the movie would be better for it.
>>
>>64097995
Not that guy, but once you combine it all, it is without a doubt the best space fight in all of film.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPZigWFyK2o
>>
File: iStock_000011086631XSmall.jpg (36 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
iStock_000011086631XSmall.jpg
36 KB, 620x465
>>64096856
I don't remember this being so goofy..
>>
>>64098613
The unaltered editions will sell like hotcakes
http://www.avclub.com/article/john-landis-said-george-lucas-said-star-wars-theat-225586

Most of us don't have the theatrical cuts, and have continued to hold off buying any bluray installments. plenty will sell
>>
>>64096856
I wonder what was supposed to happen to Boba Fett in the original script.
>>
I think it's a great scene too... But nothing will compare to the original cantina scene on Tatooine.

Without saying a word, in one single scene we are given a very good idea of exactly how far, wide, complex and diverse the universe is. We also get:
>Han Solo and Chewbacca
>Obi-wan styling for the first time
>Han dispensing Greedo
>The Cantina band's songs

It was maybe the most Star Warsy scene ever. It launched literally everyone's imagination to a whole new level
>>
>>64098506
one of the reasons why empire remains the best
>>
>>64098371
Honestly I think the originals look so much better. Not even nostalgiafag. The CGI sticks out so much. The sand crawler in ANH comes to mind.
>>
>>64096856
FUCKING WILHELM SCREAM I FUCKING HATE THAT GODDAMN SHIT. CURSE YOU EVERY FUCKER THAT USES IT.
>>
>>64098475
nice inane faggotry in lieu of a counter, sure proved your point
>>64098579
>redeemed himself
Luke redeemed him
>>64098614
nigger I don't care if you didn't think it was good. that's not what you said. you said it wasn't different, which is wrong.
>>
>>64098633
Take your nostalgia goggles off. It's really just average and the charm is gone. There's no suspense with how easily they dispatch the TIE fighters.

Then you just get to Death Star run pt. 2

It's adequate.
>>
>>64098777
>Vader doesn't redeem himself
What? Luke is getting the shit kicked out of him and Vader can't stand to see it and throws the Emperor down a fucking pit. How does Luke redeem him?
>>
>>64098717
>Without saying a word, in one single scene we are given a very good idea of exactly how far, wide, complex and diverse the universe is. We also get:
Yeah it makes the world seem really big in a very simple way.

Didn't really get the same feeling from maz kanatas place in awakens. I think it might be because they specifically talked to the host of the place and it was this single place on a planet instead of one bar in a city on a planet.
>>
>>64098777
>Endor is pure scifi
>The pacing is completely different
>the chaos of Endor is meant to reflect blahblah

I literally said that the pacing being different doesn't make it good. What are you even arguing anymore?
>>
>>64098834
luke lit vader on fire
>>
>>64098877
Luke give him a burial. How is that redeeming him?
>>
>>64098864
He was arguing that Endor's space battle was not a rehash, which is what you claimed here:

>>64097995
>>
>>64098841
Agree. But that's almost a microcosm of the whole movie.

I think the problem is that is 100% impossible to match up to the original films. Call JJ a hack or don't, but regardless of director they will be a disappointment. You can't REDO Star Wars.

What are the odds that Disney reboots the OT? I could see it, but man that might be too offensive even for those shitbirds
>>
>>64098807
It's excellent and the special effects are top tier. There was plenty of suspense the first time I watched it, as it sounded like it would have been the Falcon's last battle beforehand.
>>
>>64098939
That wasn't me but ok.
>>
>>64098939
You're arguing with two different people about two different things.

Doesn't stop the Endor space battle from being average to the point of boredom and the Endor ground battle being boring to the point of induced narcolepsy.
>>
>mfw Rey will never have a real Fuck Yeah moment because she's already as good at everything as you can reasonably be

Her journey is basically over before it's begun

feels mixed feelings bros
>>
>>64098981
You injected yourself into an ongoing conversation on an anonymous message board and then acted confused as to why someone might assume you were the same poster.

>>64098989
>You're arguing with two different people about two different things.
That wasn't me. Hence the, "He was arguing..." and not, "I was arguing."
>>
>>64098579
It's pretty clear from ANH that Vader doesn't know about the ghost trick. It's only after Luke burns his body that he shows up with Obi-Wan and Yoda. I'm okay with Luke having to destroy the Vader suit before Anakin ghosts, not in a "these are the literal rules of turning into a ghost" but for the symbolism of the movie.
>>
>>64099001
so her using an advanced force technique to defeat a more skilled force user isn't a fuck yeah moment?
>>
>>64099001
she does rudimentary shit at best with the force

she was already a good melee fighter so using a saber comes natural
>>
>>64098717
I swear to fucking god the cantina band has been stuck in my head for decades and I'm not even mad. I actually still like it like the first time I heard it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWO5Ai_a80M
>>
>>64099110
She does everything Luke does except for the force choke and jump. I'm not sure what metric you're using for rudimentary force abilities here.
>>
>>64097578
This has been debated a long fucking time since before you were born.

Jedi who die "peacefully" with acceptance fade away, jedi who die violently don't. However, fading away is not necessary for becoming "one with" the force and appearing as a ghost, it just eases the transition into the afterlife.
>>
>>64099132
>10 hours
You play a dangerous game anon
I'm in
>>
>>64099110

>jedi mind trick, check
>resists being mind read by the most """"""""powerful"""""""" active force participant on her first try by just kind of thinking about it (Luke couldn't do this with Vader in RoTJ)
>beats out Kylo again in getting the saber by force
>closes her eyes for a few seconds then suddenly has the ability to best him in dueling

This kills the excitement
>>
>>64098949
>I think the problem is that is 100% impossible to match up to the original films.
bingo + today media is incredibly over saturated with all kinds of information and entertainment. you simply can't woo people anymore.

>What are the odds that Disney reboots the OT?
Not even Disney Jews would dare this. It wouldn't work either way.
>>
>>64098834
How does Luke redeem him? Are you serious? By telling every single person he meets that his father is a good guy. By denying his "destiny" to kill Vader because he believes Vader can return from the dark side. By refusing the dark side himself and bringing Vader back from the brink. you think if Luke and Vader had never interacted before Palpatine started blasting him, Vader would have done intervened? No, Vader makes it clear repeatedly that if Luke doesnt join them, he must die.

Luke is faced with the same temptation Vader was, and almost falls for it, but in the end resists. It's Luke that redeems Vader's mistakes.
>>64098864
you're an idiot
>>
>>64099001
>Good at everything
>Fucks up multiple times

The Mary Sue argument is totally retarded and 100% without merit. Max Landis is just a desperate never-has-been whining that his scripts aren't taken seriously and then shitting on actually good scripts. He's a pathetic privileged hipster.
>>
>>64099107
no because she's already fucking good at everything

luke took 2 whole movies to actually get decent and thats why the sarlacc pit is such a great payoff, finally luke is kicking extreme ass.

This will never happen with Rey, she never gets her ass kicked and has already defeated a main villain easily by the end of the first movie.

If you can't recognize that you're either retarded or as easily entertained as a 7 year old
>>
>mfw Snoke is Vader's spirit in Darth Plaguesi's body

Bravo J.J.
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64096856
>>
>>64099132
Song #2 is goat
>>
>>64099237
>it was different in the other movies so it has to be that way in these movies
>>
>>64099173
So what you're saying is it's sloppy writing. I don't dislike your reasoning. but Darth accepted his fate and seemed at peace when he died. Like seriously, he redeems himself, has earned the love of his lost son, and is with family when he dies. I can't think of much more peace than that.
>>
>>64099156
>>64099196
>only powers we know about can exist

ebin

lets just keep retreading
>>
>>64098128
"Despecialized" edition is absolute garbage. Colorblind loser throws a shitton of adobe aftereffects filters on a random assemblage of footage that clearly reveal how different the sources were and gets mountains of praise on reddit for his shittastic work. It's a dungheap.
>>
Shame some of the dialogue is kinda shit. Still one of the best moments in all the films if not the best desu senpai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RFYoZ7H67A
>>
>>64099269

Imagine how much "fun" LOTR would have been if they had buffed up Legolas a little more, made him the infallible god-King, had him ride the Eagles to Morder, dunk that bitch ass ring in Mount Doom and shoot a magic arrow through Sauron's eye, bringing down evil over the course of an hour and 30 minutes

Believe it or not, sagas and dramas need to flesh characters out to effectively draw people in
>>
>>64099209
Ultimately the choice is Vader's. That's so lame to credit Vader's actions to Luke as if it was some sort of cheap mind manipulation.
>>
>>64099269
just face it, you have the mind of a little kid who has to see the good guy win easily every time.
>>
>>64099279
>powers from the original trilogy must be rudimentary

Are you one of those retarded EU faggots?
>>
>>64099312
what the fuck does "buffed up" even mean? they are gonna make him shiny?
>>
>>64099253
Most of anon's complaints are /pol/ tier hysteria.
>>
>>64099361
>I'm an ignoramus whose knowledge of modern english is incomplete, please spoonfeed me
>>
>>64099336
>win easily
nigga she barely won against a severely wounded kid that just killed his dad
>>
>>64099361

"Juiced up", "Mary Sue'd"
>>
>>64099337
Do you want to just revel in the same shit forever? i dont understand you people. thats why in the prequels everyone does the same shit.

and by the way she hardly masters anything in the movie. she gets by when under pressure but she has no grasp on anything.
>>
>>64099294
this is better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY
>>
>>64099419
>that just killed his dad
So? There's nothing on the screen to suggest this was a big deal to him. He was way more broken up before he stuck Han than after.
>>
File: jabbanowanna.jpg (190 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
jabbanowanna.jpg
190 KB, 720x576
>>64098357
In the non retouched ROTJ he was an old man. There was a lot of machine left. So I can buy that that were burning a machine and uniform at the end.
>>
>>64099221
When does she fuck up? She lets out the tentacle monsters but "not being familiar with door fuse systems of giant space freighters" isn't a reasonable character flaw, and even that turned out for the best.

also
>le ebin "you stole your opinion from somepone else" meme

Apparently unlike your fine self I'm capable of independent critical thought
>>
>>64099275
>>64099173
>it's sloppy writing
yea because Qui-gon disappeared right when he died in Obi-Wan's arms.

Oh wait, you guys don't know what you're talking about and are just making things up. K.
>>
>>64099478

The point is you can't """"""""just""""""" do these kinds of things without training, by just thinking about the idea of them that you heard about once

and especially not supersede an actual hardened, long-trained, Dark Side opponent with formidable Force himself, that's just ridiculous my friend
>>
File: 1430416064646.png (484 KB, 582x600) Image search: [Google]
1430416064646.png
484 KB, 582x600
>>64099506
>nothing on screen suggests this was a big deal
>literally says "i am torn apart"

all the stupidity on this board makes so much sense now
>>
>>64099527
Qui-gon was mortally wounded while fighting you dumb fucking retard, congrats on having the reading comprehension of a gnat.
>>
>>64099478
She seamlessly displays every Jedi ability we've seen except force lightning and becoming a force ghost.
>>
>>64099555
>literally says "i am torn apart"
Literally when?
>>
>>64099555
Trips confirm. It's stunning to see autism in motion, isn't it?
>>
>>64099538
>jedi training is practicing a force power over and over
look at this idiot and laugh
>>
>>64099563
Which is why I said in Obi-Wan's arms, not the second Maul stabbed him in the abdomen.

Congrats on having the reading comprehension of a gnat's retarded cousin.
>>
>>64099589
Before he kills Han, you fucking faggot. When he's standing in the bridge clearly having an intense crisis of conscience.
>>
>>64096856
HOLY SHIT

That was fucking bad

Literally Power Rangers tier
>>
>>64096856
it's my favorite part in all of star wars
I love the space underworld parts
>>
>>64097166
He is a jedi, and presumably wanted to give them a chance to turn over Han without having to die.
>>
>>64099635
>dumbshit doesn't even understand the point he's arguing against
>>
>>64099620
Implying it's not? That's exactly what we see Luke doing with Yoda.
>>
>>64099620

You need guidance, you tit. From someone trained. It can be learned more quickly for some than others but not in a fucking moment, and not just because you've "heard" of the idea of it.

The fact that she's a world-beater at grasping higher Force concepts and abilities on her own makes her a Mary Sue. That's it.
>>
>>64099694
>babby crying on the keyboard because he refuses to go back, and slowly read the previous post
>>
File: 1361154642550.png (63 KB, 500x263) Image search: [Google]
1361154642550.png
63 KB, 500x263
https://youtu.be/tLHVEmCro2A?t=4m12s
>>
>>64099651
Exactly what I fucking said. After he kills Han there is no indication that his father's death has impacted him negatively. He struggles with the dilemma, not the aftermath.
>>
>>64099715
>ahurrrhhurr ur mad im just trolling you
Thanks for admitting you never had an argument.
>>
>>64099538
Bruh they are returning to the Force being a mystical power and not some video game power you level up. Rey commands the force better because she is CLEAR OF MIND AND CONSCIENCE while Kylo is clearly having massive inner turmoil. I dont know how you can watch the movie and not get this.
>>
>>64099723
You LITERALLY have autism. There is nothing any of us can do for you anymore. You are completely, tragically incapable of ever understanding human emotion on an intuitive level. This entire discussion has been a colossal waste of everyone's time.
>>
>>64099723
Explain exactly why that means it's not a big deal.
>>
>>64098421
>tfw some Knight of Ren gives this speech to Kylo in Episode VIII
>>
>>64099737

That's unprecedented. She's a Mary Sue. She self taught along the way and bested someone with more knowledge and power than she. Rationalize it however you want.

The practical reason is some powerful producers like Kennedy wanted to see their perfect female power character in action from movie 1.
>>
>>64099719
Fuck these movies are so over-done, it's astounding

That Obi-wan CIA pose
>>
>>64099702
I think you need to watch that scene again anon.

>>64099706
I never said she wasn't a mary sue. The idea that mind trick is this super top tier power is not from the OT, I don't know where you're getting it from. Who was Luke gonna mind trick on Cloud City, Vader? You're using video game/prequel logic. Dooku is now a high enough level to use codified power "lightning". Fuck that, it's not how it was in the OT at all. Do you think Luke beat Vader at the end of Jedi because he finally had surpassed Vader in technical saber mastery and not the dark side/the force fueling him?
>>
>>64099852
>it's astounding
4u
>>
>>64099849
>Literally says "the force" OUT LOUD, breathes in deeply to calm herself, and proceeds to win over Kylo who is a trainwreck

You truly have to be retarded to not see whats happening
>>
>>64096856
Leia literally went fully dark side when she choked Jabba
>>
>>64099763
The scene is literally a reversal of Luke's refusal to strike down Vader in Jedi. Instead of throwing away his lightsaber and sparing his father, he ignites it and kills him. The struggle is in coming to a decision, not the aftermath.

>>64099783
We don't know if it's a big deal. But nothing communicated on the screen indicates that it's a significant gut punch to Ren. Instead, he seems far calmer and more focused after sticking Han than before. The fact that he has to decide is what is conflicting. But once the decision is made, there is no further conflict. He knows who he is now.
>>
>>64099916

Oh really, so she just entered in some cheat codes she'd learned about in her head then went full Saiyan

sure thing buster

true poetry right there
>>
File: download (1).jpg (5 KB, 268x188) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
5 KB, 268x188
>>64099719
>y-you killed younglings!
>>
I liked that the emperor originally didn't even use a lightsaber, he just shot goddamn lightning bolts out of his nasty wrinkled fingers.

That was way cooler than have do a million acrobatics and sheev spins
>>
>>64097834
It had A Wings anon. A Wings. Speaking if which, where the fuck were they in VII?
>>
>>64096856
did anyone else notice that the music in the beginning is the music they used in the first TFA trailer? or am i a huge slowpoke?

https://youtu.be/OMOVFvcNfvE?t=18s
>>
>>64099989
All so we don't have to say
>you killed children
>>
>>64097950
>Lando flying the falcon
>Ackbar sitting in his pimp chair and big open screen to witness the fight upfront
>Wedge and lando dodging shit left and right to the core of the death star

goddamn jedi is redeemed solely by its third act minus ewoks
>>
>>64099995
Yeah would've preferred to see characters like yoda and the emperor as more wizard like in the prequels as they in OT rather than halfway sword wielding warrior.
Not entirely opposed to them having swords, but yoda jumping around like a maniac wasn't fun.
>>
>>64100053
I mean, I knew it was from Star Wars and wasn't an original piece, but I haven't seen the movies in at least a decade so I couldn't place what scene it appears in. I think it is in multiple scenes too.
>>
>>64097952
>if you count the prequels as canon
>>
Too bad the ewoks are there, otherwise it would be much better than ESB.

The first act with Jabba is on point. From the entire location, to the characters and the way it works itself up until Luke gets shit done.

The Endor thing is very hit and miss. Ideally the ewoks are swapped out with wookies so the fighting is more interesting. Also it would give Chewbacca relevance in the whole thing.

The Death Star duel and the space battle is still not surpassed.

That music when Luke starts winning against Vader still gives me chills.
>>
>>64099966
Your problem is you're looking at it like its a video game, and everyone has to level up otherwise they cant possibly do anything or win. JJ is a god for bringing it back to mysticism and pissing off autismos.
>>
>>64099719
>yoda sending Sheev over the desk

Fucking stupid.
>>
>>64100069
>>Ackbar sitting in his pimp chair and big open screen to witness the fight upfront
God I loved that they had a real fleet with their own capital ships. It gets my loins going.
>>
File: chillAladdin.gif (53 KB, 498x498) Image search: [Google]
chillAladdin.gif
53 KB, 498x498
if luke's saber is meant to be a balance between good and evil - shouldn't it be purple?
>>
>>64100138
>if luke's saber is meant to be a balance between good and evil
Is it?
>>
>>64098115
qui-gonn jinn actually discovered the technique after he died and passed it on to yoda and obi-wan.
Not even making this shit up, read the novelization for revenge of the sith
>>
>>64099719
The saddest thing about the new trilogy is that Ewan McGregor was perfectly cast as Obi-Wan and he could have been a great character. His is the story I wanted to hear. The NT should have been about Obi-Wan. He should have been the main character.
>>
>>64100163
>Discovered the technique after he died
Terrible shit.
>>
>>64100103

Yes, and let's invalidate the entire concept of training, masterhood, master/apprentice relationships, that pervade essentially every single fucking movie, right

No. And TFA still makes sure to explicitly mention it is a fundamental part of becoming a full Jedi or Sith. She defies all of that and is a fucking annoying, unlikeable Mary Sue character as a consequence of it.

Go ahead and hit me with another "no man, it's actually awesome and magical and alpha as fuck duder" banality that completely contradicts the tenets of Star Wars
>>
File: 1377671835223.jpg (5 KB, 212x252) Image search: [Google]
1377671835223.jpg
5 KB, 212x252
>>64100100
>mfw Kashyyk was never revisited
Fuck that shit moon of Endor.
>>
>>64100100
>The Endor thing is very hit and miss. Ideally the ewoks are swapped out with wookies so the fighting is more interesting. Also it would give Chewbacca relevance in the whole thing.

Why wookies?
The point was that the ewoks are primitive and they use primitive natives for help to fight the technologically advanced empire.
Wookies aren't primitive. They're just furry like ewoks.
>>
>>64100155
>>64100138

it is... but it just occurred to me that it could be green because it transcends good and evil.
>>
>>64100138
>if luke's saber is meant to be a balance between good and evil

It's not. The sabre is the light side, his black clothes is the dark.
>>
>>64100190
>contradicts star wars

yeah like how Luke out forced Vader in the original god damn movie right? just shut up you fucking idiot. also go look up what a mary sue is cause you have no clue.
>>
>>64100332
The fuck are you talking about? Vader was about to blast Luke away before Han showed up.
>>
>>64100332

>Luke out forced Vader

he needs Han to save his ass you fuckwad

I'm now convinced 100% of Rey dicksuckers do not remember or haven't watched any/most of the movies
>>
>>64100379
imagine if it came out now what your dumb ass would say

>bloobloobloo why didnt vader use force focus and blast luke!!! this is bullshit!!! he trained so much more and had the high ground!

why do you watch movies?
>>
>>64096959
The Ewok shit is the reason I rate 6 above 5 desu. Some of those scenes were cool but in general, fuck the Ewoks.
>>
>>64100485
Again, what the fuck are you talking about? Luke had training, and he also had a voice on his head guiding him through it. Even then, the shot was not impossibly difficult. Another pilot had already almost made it himself. What was difficult was surviving the trench run and making it before the Death Star vaporized rebel command. Luke only made it because Han showed up and shot the guys who were about to kill him.
>>
>>64100485

>total strawman

I think we're all done here

PS: Vader had the low ground, he was in the conduit with Luke and Han surprise-attacked from above
>>
>>64100103
>hurr nit veedi gaem
>main character enters cheat codes to win
MUH MYSTICISM
>>
>>64097974
He was a personal bounty hunter for Jabba for quite a while. Check out the Marvel comic.
>>
File: luke a boss.jpg (71 KB, 450x256) Image search: [Google]
luke a boss.jpg
71 KB, 450x256
>>64096856
Really, everything about Luke's raid is badass.
>send waves of infiltration to case the joint, free Han, and plant his lightsaber
>guards can't search him for something he doesn't have
>come in with Jedi mysticism to intimidate
>sentenced to execution
>everyone is there
>including Artoo
>including his lightsaber
>just according to keikaku
>>
>>64100485
end yourself rightly you waste of fucking skin
>>
>>64099966
no, she let the force guide her. the force flows through all living things, she's a living thing, why wouldn't she be able to use it.
the first force users didn't have anyone to teach them how to use it. there's bound to be naturals.
>>
>>64100582
Keep being a joyless faggot i guess
>>
How come only Luke's green saber has that based ignition sound?
>>
>>64100639
>she's a living thing, why wouldn't she be able to use it
anon's figured it out, everyone is a jedi master if you just believe! what's that? you think that invalidates all of luke's struggle to master the force and defeat the emperor? shut the fuck up why do you hate fun HURRRRRRRRRRRR
>>
The lead-up to that scene was cooler, with him just walking into Jabba's spot all by himself, hooded up to fuck.
>>
>>64100602
I like the slow escalation. First he sends him some droids and a request to bargain. When Jabba doesn't go for that, Leia goes incognito to bust Han out. When that fails, Luke shows up to use magic. When Jabba sentences them all to death, he fucks them all up.

He gave Jabba every opportunity and Jabba ignored every single one.
>>
>>64100187
I didn't write it
>>
>>64100639

Not right from the get-go in facing enemies, as well as a powerful, trained, knowledgeable Dark Side force user you incontinent retard

Do you understand the gravity of what she accomplished given the context at all

read the thread again before making me reiterate my point
>>
>>64100689
>Luke you've switched off your targeting computer, whats wrong

lol you are so stupid
>>
>>64100589
>DUHHH I HATE THE PREQUELS
>BUT I WANT IT TO EXACTLY BE LIKE THAT AGAIN INSTEAD OF LIKE THE ORIGINALS
>>
>>64100689
"use the force luke"
luke blows up the deathstar
>you can't use the force without years of training.
>>
>>64100720
she beat someone who just got shot with a bowcaster and was basically crippled, by using the force. it's not even a stretch of the imagination.
>>
>>64100824

Shoddy, he seemed fine fighting and even embraced the pain as it fueled his adrenaline and Dark Side rage.

On top of that, how about effectively resisting his mind-reading even as this was apparently a strength of Ren's and her first time even encountering something like this?

as I said before, something Luke couldn't do at all against Vader even in RotJ

It's boring, man. She's great at everything from the start and that's just fucking boring. She's the only new character I basically hate for existing and they better do something interesting with it in VIII or there's nothing to it.
>>
Am I the only one who loves Boba Fett getting rekt? Outside of the EU there's really nothing that says Fett should be an invincible badass. He's a bounty hunter scum.
>>
>>64100722
>>64100796
>luke can use the force just because he's alive

then why didn't han use it?

or lando?

or chewbacca?

or wedge?

or TK-421?

fucking idiot.

>hurr stop misrepresenting me

i'm against what you said and nothing else. if you've misworded what you meant because of your illiteracy, that's your own fault autismo
>>
>>64100785
>projection: the post
>>
>>64100960
>Am I the only one who loves Boba Fett getting rekt?
I don't love it or hate it.
He was outnumbered and faced off against a powerful jedi so I don't mind at all that he gets his shit kicked in.
And he did manage to snare Luke so he did do something.
>>
>>64098087
He was a complete badass in the comics.
>>
>>64100978
the strength of the force literally comes from having peace of mind and believing.

>muh training

how do you miss the point of a kids movie so completely?
>>
>>64100978
the fact remains luke had no training and used the force, anakin was only able to podrace because he had natural force abilities. some people are naturals. especially since she's obviously luke's daughter.
>>
>>64101046

Looks like you showed your hand a little too early

>it's a kids movie

Why even argue for a series you give no shits about? get the fuck out
>>
>>64101078
its only to illustrate the point that the themes of the movie are not hard to grasp.
>>
>>64101046
>finding yoda was completely worthless because i belieeeeeeve

how the fuck do you even dress yourself in the morning
>>
File: 1450817478511.jpg (94 KB, 450x309) Image search: [Google]
1450817478511.jpg
94 KB, 450x309
>>64097955
Anakin was literally a Force baby, how can you be any oner with the Force than that?
>>
>>64100332
>Luke out forced Vader
When?

The only time Luke even faces Vader is when theyre both in spaceships (Luke actually flew ships as a kid, Vader is just a former child podracer) and even then Vader is about to whip his ass when he gets bailed out by Han

the funny thing is, if Rey got bailed out by Finn everyone would have complained that it was ANOTHER example of a "badass" woman character needing a mans help at the end
>>
>>64101109
yoda fucking taught him to believe harder and confront his fears so he could have clarity.

good lord people
>>
>>64101102

And yet the writers of the TFA managed to fuck up royally in making Rey a world-beating little faggot who can pick up on any Force concept immediately and beat trained Sith at their own game

this is where agenda perverts the story
>>
>>64101055
>the fact remains luke had no training and used the force

he had some training from ben before he died, and was not only guided by ben when he made the shot, it was augmenting the only skill he had at that point.
>>
File: ROJ-Leia-Lando.png (1 MB, 1916x822) Image search: [Google]
ROJ-Leia-Lando.png
1 MB, 1916x822
>>64100708
>First he sends him some droids and a request to bargain.
It's even better. Before he'd even sent the droids, Lando was already in a security position in the palace.

You're right, though. Luke gave Jabba every chance to just let it go, but he just made it worse for himself.
>>
>>64098579

Both Obi-Wan and Yoda gracefully accepted and allowed their own deaths. They disappeared because they essentially ascended into the Force physically.

Vader was killed and wasn't attuned with the Light Side in the same way as Obi-Wan and Yoda, so it's not until his body is burned that you see him as a ghost. It works if you don't try to take everything fully literally and understand that the Force is mystical and often deals with symbolism and metaphor more than hard rules and processes.

Honestly, turning the Force into video game-y bullshit where Jedi have clear-cut power levels and the Light Side and Dark Side of the Force have distinct "powers" you learn and level up like you're a fucking D&D sorcerer was the absolute worst thing that ever happened to Star Wars. The fact that people talk about Force Choke or Jedi Mind Trick or Force Lightning as if they're magic spells you learn when you get enough levels of Jedi on your character sheet is retarded and misses the point of how the Force was established in the original movies.
>>
>>64097834
Wut. The space battle is GOAT. None of the main characters are even involved and it's still the best space dogfight/naval engagement I've ever seen.
>>
>>64101135
>control, control, you must learn control
doesn't sound like it's only a matter of BULEAVING anon

just stop posting
>>
>>64100257
because that's how the script was apparently. Of course, the script was a goddamned mess because Lucas but still.

At one point the Wookies were supposed to be a primitive race of space bears. The reason they were switched out with Ewoks is because Lucas wanted to sell a toy off the back of this movie.
>>
File: vader.jpg (114 KB, 1170x1170) Image search: [Google]
vader.jpg
114 KB, 1170x1170
>>64101119
>Anakin was literally a Force baby
That was the dumbest fucking thing. I'd have preferred it if Anakin was simply an ordinary guy with a talent for the Force, who became powerful of his own volition.

No clue why we needed a goddamn "Chosen One."
>>
>>64101159

This, it's very fucking clear. Luke could pilot, and he could target shoot, very damn well, through concerted training. He wasn't an amazing adventurer, he got surprise attacked by a bunch of bone-sucking Tuskens. He still couldn't wield a saber very effectively. But he could shoot, and in the heat of the moment he combined the Force with his conscious and made a hail mary shot. That's all there is to that.

We didn't see him drinking his own piss in the desert, saving Ben Solo, fixing the Millenium Falcon because "lol Han doesn't know all the tech stuff", mind controlling storm troopers on the Death Star, and last but not least beating Vader in head to head combat.
>>
>>64101199

Control of the self, control of the mind/emotions, awareness of surroundings. It's very Eastern and zen in nature. It's all about maintaining mental calm in the face of adversity, not about harnessing and controlling the Force through martial training.
>>
>>64097878
I think it works, everyone is just in total shock
>>
>>64101162
I was about to say I wouldn't have given up a chance to score a hot slave chick but then again he had plenty of those.
>>
>>64101152
>trained Sith
KYLO REN IS NOT A FUCKING SITH YOU STUPID CUNT
>>
>>64101195
>The fact that people talk about Force Choke or Jedi Mind Trick or Force Lightning as if they're magic spells you learn when you get enough levels of Jedi on your character sheet is retarded and misses the point of how the Force was established in the original movies.

this
>>
>>64101152
>Rey is in control of herself
>wins
>Kylo is having a meltdown
>loses

Spergs in this thread think the force is a video game power when its actually just emotional state.

>spergs cant read emotions and subtle cues

Oh, now i get it
>>
>>64101277

he is a Sith apprentice you asshat

the only formidable foe we meet in VII and he CAN STOP A FUCKING BLASTER BOLT IN MID AIR
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 31

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.