[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the most influential sci-fi movie ever?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (107 KB, 1131x767) Image search: [Google]
image.png
107 KB, 1131x767
What's the most influential sci-fi movie ever?
>>
>>
>>
>>64095857
Star Wars
Metropolis
War of the Worlds
>>
>>64095857
>Tropes Invented/Popularized: Plato's Cave

You don't think Plato had a bit more to do with that?
>>
almost certainly 2001 or blade runner, and even though i think blade runner is better and invites more room for thematic exploration, 2001 came a bit earlier, kinda seems to have made a more definitive impact on the sci-fi community, and blade runner itself includes references to 2001 and other kubrick works while also having to compete with the story it was adapted from, neuromancer and some of the other works of william gibson, etc.

fucking run-on sentence/10, oh well
>>
>>64095857
>Metropolis
>4/10
>Blade Runner
>Invented Cyberpunk

Dropped, really, really, really fucking hard
Whoever made that list is a gigantic pleb tard
>>
>>64095954
No. Are you retarded?
>>
>>64095954
kek, didnt even noticed that.

what a fucking disgrace of a list
>>
>>64096037
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allegory_of_the_Cave

You're the retarded here.
>>
>>64096034
Invented or popularized
>>
>>64095954
Yeah, and apparently The Matrix also popularized "leather".

This is a joke list and you have all been trolled gently.
>>
>>64096179
>This is a joke list and you have all been trolled gently.

The 4/10 to Metropolis kinda gave it away
>>
>>64095857
saved because I need a list of sci-fi books
>>
>>64096261
include Neuromancer to it.
Its another essential sci-fi book that isnt in there.
>>
>>64096547
But it is.
>>
>>64096855
Snow Crash.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.