[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Rey was a Knight of Ren who helped Kylo kill Luke's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5
File: Rey.jpg (221 KB, 640x958) Image search: [Google]
Rey.jpg
221 KB, 640x958
>Rey was a Knight of Ren who helped Kylo kill Luke's padawans, hence the vision, so Luke wiped her memory and gave her an impulsive need to stay on Jakku so she would never leave, hence her natural and quick adaption to using the force, flying and lightsaber weilding.This is supported by the look of melancholy and disbelief on his face at the end.
What does /tv/ think of this theory?
>>
According to recent leaks she was a student there and Kylo mindwiped her instead of killing her and left her on Jakku
>>
File: Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg (136 KB, 416x474) Image search: [Google]
Maz_Kanata_VD.jpg
136 KB, 416x474
WHO ARE YOU?
>>
File: sasuke.jpg (22 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sasuke.jpg
22 KB, 640x480
Well, he does say "You still want to kill me" when he meets her.

I hope there's more to her than just being Jedi Sasuke.
>>
>>64095531
In the novelisation Kylo says something like "it is you". Also Luke's daughter confirmed since in Disney Infinity he calls her cousin? Anyway I think I'd prefer a Revan type story where it turns out she was a cold blooded killer.
>>
I wouldn't like it. It makes the force into some video game level system. Yoda gives the impression that it's all about patience, dedication, control over emotions and practice but now they can just say she was trained in the past but forgot to make her as arbitrarily powerful as they need her to be for the plot.
>>
>>64095767
>Also Luke's daughter confirmed since in Disney Infinity he calls her cousin?

nah

He says "face me" and "curses", when they overlap it sounds sorta like "face me, cousin"
>>
>>64095491
Wrong
>Luke gives Rey to Kylo to protect because Snoke is looking for Luke
>Kylo was going to train with Luke but Snoke made Luke quit.
>Snoke trained Kylo and Rey but as Siths. Snoke said he must murder the youngling Rey as a test.
>Kylo wouldn't do it. He mindwiped Rey and hid her on Jakku but he still wanted to be a Sith
>Snoke was actually a youngling in Ep. III that survived Anakin's massacre
>Snoke wants to kill Luke because he is the descendant of Anakin
>Snoke isn't a Jedi or Sith. He is Supreme Leader Snoke
>Snoke convinced Kylo he's a Sith master and that Vader like Hitler was right but like I said Snoke isn't Jedi or Sith, he wants to be even more powerful but to do that he'll play with Kylo's head to do to his dirty work to kill Luke off so only Snoke remains, no more Jedi or Sith

You heard it here first.
>>
>>64096058
She only beats Kylo Ren after she gets really fucking angry and starts wailing on him.
>>
File: 1451012606009.jpg (11 KB, 213x250) Image search: [Google]
1451012606009.jpg
11 KB, 213x250
>stronk wymon being evil or having any flaws at all

i dont think so goys
>>
Kylo was not able to kill her, so he left her in Jakku. Luke thinks she is dead.
>>
>>64096115
Do you have the webm of it that part? I could've sworn she closed her eyes, calmed down and then beat him but I could be wrong.
>>
>>64095491

Yeah no this is a jj movie owned by Disney too much thinking involved
>>
>>64095491
I think she was 9.
>>
File: DSRevan[1].jpg (69 KB, 464x536) Image search: [Google]
DSRevan[1].jpg
69 KB, 464x536
>>64095491
I like it, it works, it's probably their big reveal.

Rey is Revan, not Ren. That's actually pretty fantastic.

Ben could have converted Rey when she still lived with Luke and became one of the Knights of Ren. After discovering this and them going rogue, he probably managed to get Rey before they left. Luke mindwipes her and sends her to Jakku for her own protection. Hence Luke's disappointment.

The vision of her seeing a ship fly off as a child is a red herring.

She's able to fuck Kylo's shit up and do so much because she's already a skilled fighter, probably one of the best if she's truly Revan. Explains all her force adeptness and combat prowess. Why Kylo wanted to train her instead of kill her.

She's not just a Mary Sue.
Rey is Revan.
>>
Rey was little girl by the time. The vision shows both past and the future. The little girl is her. The knights could be either, but the hallway is warning of Darth Vader, her blood. The melancholic look is because the little girl haunting her. Its what called her for Luke's saber and revealed itself in her vision. Thats where the focus is, and its whats happening at the end with her reaching the saber for Luke with tears in her eyes.

>>64095531
>According to recent leaks
what
>>
>>64096743
Its visions of past and future, because the Vader hallway is too far back of something she has not seen, meaning its a message and messages are for future, not past.
>>
>>64096729
>is a small child when left on the planet

>already a skilled fighter
yea...
>>
jesus christ memory wipe twists are so fucking played out.
>>
>>64096058
Nigga do you even EU or KotOR
>>
it's gonna be fanfic tier
it's gonna be great
>>
>>64096864
>The vision of her seeing a ship fly off as a child is a red herring.

>Your reading skills
yeah...
>>
>>64096743
Her vision is chronological, shows some darth vader stuff, then the knights of ren confronting Luke, then jumping to her as a child being abandoned (false memory), and then her fight with Kylo.

I don't think she would've survived alone as a child on Jakku. She was probably only there a few years with that memory along with the weirdly psychological need to stay there until someone comes to get her.
>>
all wrong, from the leaks

Leaks are out

>Kylo kills all of Lukes Padawans except for Rey who was a little girl at the time
>Kylo couldn't bring himself to kill Rey so he mindwiped her and left her on Jakku by herself so she wouldn't ever reconnect with the force
>Luke thought all his padawans including Rey were dead
>Luke goes into hiding to gather enough power to kill Snoke
>Luke doesn't know Rey is his daughter
>Rey's mother is Felicity Jones in Rogue One
>>
>>64095491
they already showed rey as a child being left on jakku in the flashback. stop posting this stupid theory.
>>
>>64096955
>do you even not canon or not canon
>>
>>64097079
Knights of Ren confront Luke, Luke spanks their undisciplined asses. He spares Rey because "I am your father". Sends her off to Jakku after some mental conditioning because he still loves her. He flies off to some cuckshed planet to contemplate the events.
>>
>>64097042
Viable
>>
>>64097042
Its shit
>>
>>64096115
She didn't beat him angrily Luke-style.
It was literally just "le epic and concentrated blows".
>>
>>64096955
>>64097191
BTFO
>>
>>64097042
So it's inevitable then: Snoke is going to betray Kylo.

It will probably be why he turns to the light. What a tragic character.
>>
>>64095571
They shouldn't have done this. The movie was refreshingly free of blatant CGI creatures until this point.
>>
>>64097395
Yea Maz was shit, and Lupita wasn't worth it for such forced role. Maybe if we got those extra scenes she would be more bearable, but she wasn't a skilled enough actress and the CGI was just at such a low level.
>>
>>64096101
>Snoke wants to kill Luke because he is the descendant of Anakin
That makes no sense because Kylo is also a descendant.
>>
>>64097473
U S I N G H I M
S
I
N
G
H
I
M
>>
>>64097509
Why doesn't snoke just kill them both on his own?

Really, the whole snoke character felt pointless and unnecessary.
>>
>>64096729
yes theyre gonna have this shocking reveal next episode and in the credits they're going to say:
>and if you have any questions go play a 10 year old game!

they arent making the films for you FUCKING LOSERS

get this thru your skull, rey is a mary sue because she was made for the lowest common denominator by DISNEY a company that specializes in making films for the LOWEST COMMON DENOMINATOR
>>
>>64097615
I think Snoke is going to inhabit Kylos body, thats the "next phase of training" he was talking bout
>>
i was thinking something like this also. or rey killed them and kylo covered for her. or luke went apeshit and killed them himself. who knows.
>>
>>64097647
kek

What type of person are you? 14, right?
>>
I actually liked Fin. He, Poe, and Chewy were the only good things about this movie.
>>
and shes lukes daughter. the plot twist will be something else when she gets her ass kicked and kylo takes sabre next episode
>>
>>64097647
This guys IS right. They wouldn't do that.

OP's theory is very plausible.
>>
>>64097686
>KOTOR was the pinnacle of the star wars franchise!
no one wants to be told a video game story, go check out the dozens of films based on video games that flopped
>>
Why is this so hard for people to understand? Rey is Luke's daughter, and it's made very obvious in the narrative of the film. She's naturally a talented pilot, like her father. She's strong with the force, like her father. She was left on a desert planet with an old man watching over her, like her father. And the look Luke gives her at the end..
>>
>>64095491
it's shit why would luke save her instead of killing her?
>>
bcoz daughter
>>
>>64097897
>She was left on a desert planet with an old man watching over her
>with an old man
Wasn't she living alone in an old AT-AT ?
>>
>>64097934
why would Luke save Vader instead of killing him?
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.