[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Wasn't he the real Mary Sue? >that one shot of him destroying
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 6
File: Poe_Dameron_infobox.png (2 MB, 832x1216) Image search: [Google]
Poe_Dameron_infobox.png
2 MB, 832x1216
Wasn't he the real Mary Sue?

>that one shot of him destroying like 8 tie fighters

What the FUCK was that? Piloting of that level has never been seen in the SW universe even with force sensitive pilots.
>>
First of all Luke wasn't a force sensitive pilot, he was merely a Jedi who was forced to pilot an X-Wing solely due his skill of timed button pressing. He had no piloting background. And who knows, with the new plot everyone might be related and a bearer of the force in the end. Big surprise guys, Poe is Rey's unknown brother!
>>
>>64093214
He was an extremely experienced pilot not some sand planet britbong who collects junk for a living.
>>
>>64093214
A mary sue is someone with no experience being really good at everything.

An actual pilot being the best pilot in the rebellion is fine because he had to work his way up to where he was now.
>>
>>64093336
The Empire has better trained pilots though.
>>
>>64093306

>First of all Luke wasn't a force sensitive pilot, he was merely a Jedi who was forced to pilot an X-Wing solely due his skill of timed button pressing. He had no piloting background.

I wonder if tumblr have actually watched Star Wars at any point, and not just whatever cartoon spin off they grew up on as a kid.
>>
>>64093214
He was established as the best fighter pilot in the galaxy, presumably after extensive training, and this was his one niche he was the best at. Rey picked up a lightsaber and suddenly had all the force power it took Luke and Anakin three movies to develop each.
>>
Lucky killstreak. Anyone who's played online games can tell you it happens eventually.
>>
Better question: Would you fuck Po, /tv/? [spoilers]Or would he fuck you?[/spoilers]
>>
File: tumblr_llcnt9rQZQ1qevos5[1].gif (173 KB, 303x186) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_llcnt9rQZQ1qevos5[1].gif
173 KB, 303x186
>>64093214
>>
>>64093214

i hope he has to explain or teach a new recruit and he tells the recruit to try spinning. he was taught by his father that it is a good trick.
>>
It was repeatedly stated that he is the "best pilot in the resistance". What the fuck did you expect?

Also he didn't have any other remarkable skills except the piloting, which he probably got good at after years of training. And the one time he got captured, he had to be rescued.
>>
>>64093214
Why does he remind me of Gaius Baltar from BSG?
>>
>>64093306
>He had no piloting background.

???????????????
>>
>>64093214
You're mistaking cause with effect here, anon.

Poe was given a misssion precisely because he's the best pilot in resistance. Any group will have the best one among them he is that person, so he becomes a part of the story. Rey on the other hand becomes the main character because of a random meeting and THEN turns out to be brilliant at everything she touches. Because she's the MC.

Becoming an important character because you're good at one particular thing = not mary sue.

Becoming good at everything because you're an important character = mary sue.
>>
>>64093420
>suddenly
>was literally incapable of using force abilities until Kylo Ren used them on her

Couldn't mind-read, Kylo Ren mind-read her and she mind-read him. Kylo Ren used force push on her, she used force pull to get the lightsaber (which was also being pulled by Kylo).

Stop trying to hate the movie. All you're doing is fitting in with contrarian faggots on /tv/
>>
>>64093420
>Rey picked up a lightsaber and suddenly had all the force power it took Luke and Anakin three movies to develop each.
Not only that but she flew the Falcon like nobody's business despite never having flown before.
>>
>>64093407
[citation needed]
>>
>>64093535
She used the Jedi Mind Trick without a single reference to that or how it would work.

They better explain that she was trained in the ways of the force prior to her parents leaving her. And she just "forgot".
>>
>>64093214
Yep. The best WW2 aces had upwards of 30 kills over their entire career and this guy mops up 8 ties in one pregnant and clumsy scene.
>>
>>64093671
>ww2 is the same as a space fantasy action flick
Do you ever look in the mirror and just think of ending it all, autist?
>>
>>64093631
Ren used the jedi mind trick on her. Its how she learned of it
>>
If you're going to complain about him Mary Sue, you don't have to bring about his skills as a pilot. Look at how goddamn handsome and charming and charismatic and strong that motherfucker is. I'm absolutely in love with him and I'd like to swallow his spic cock all night and pass my fingers on that marvelous dark hair and heal his lip wounds with mine and I'm not even gay.
>>
>>64093631
>her parents leaving her
That was obviously Luke. She was trained in the past, and that's why Kylo flipped out when that guy told him a girl helped people escape. He knew it was the girl who escaped his slaughter.
>>
he's only good at one thing, he's the best pilot in the rebellion (stated) and its not like hes some half wit who just started piloting his xwing a couple seconds ago
>>
>>64093560

>never flown before

Rey clearly says she has never piloted a vehicle to outer space.
That implies she has plenty of experience flying within the planets atmosphere.

Considering her employer has a fuck tonne of ships that she knows how to repair, its not a far stretch to imagine she can also basically pilot them.

Its like driving a car.
When you can drive one, you can basically drive them all.
Same applies to space ships. Even Anakin, who was a fucking slave and only raced pods was able to pilot a fucking star destroyer that was broken in half with his knowledge of drag fins and flaps
>>
>>64094079
>Same applies to space ships. Even Anakin, who was a fucking slave and only raced pods was able to pilot a fucking star destroyer that was broken in half with his knowledge of drag fins and flaps
>Even Anakin

u fookin wot?
you've just skipped 3 whole movies. he didn't instantly go from 10 year old slave to rescuing the Chancellor. Not to mention he's always been an extremely capable pilot and then has 10 years of Jedi training plus several years of constant war.
>>
>>64094079

>It's like driving a car

I can drive a car.

I guess flying a B52 Bomber shouldn't be much of a stretch.
>>
>>64093703
when?
All I remember was Ren trying to force rape his way into her mind like he did Poe.
>>
>>64093703
That's not how to learn it though
>>
>>64093703
Why did she suddenly decide that she knew how to use that? Why did she think that if Kylo did it by standing 2 inches from her face and firing dark energy into her brain, she could do it by just mumbling to a guy across the room?
>>
It's literally stablished in the first minute Poe is the best goddamn pilot that the Resistance ever saw and Leia's right arm. What he did in the end was his job.

Also the whole movie happens because Poe FAILED his primary objective. He got captured, he lost BB8, his X-Wing exploded, his mind was tricked by Kylo into telling shit.
>>
>>64095230
>>64095471
>>64095512

He uses it, Im fairly certain and of course its dumb, just pointing out thaf it didn't materialize out of no where
>>
Pretty sure he was established as "Leia's most daring pilot". I think the intention of him is to have the next Wedge Antilles character.
>>
See, the problem with Rey is, her defenders can go to great lengths to defend any one point, desperately trying to dredge up tiny details that maybe kind-of clumsily justify the scene, but it's more than that, it's the whole big overarching picture that she does EVERY SINGLE DAMN THING she tries just right and she's essentially portrayed as an unbeatable supergirl who can accomplish any task while the rest of the cast stands around scratching their heads. The gestalt is she's just a poorly-written character who skips over the entire "hero's journey" part of the story in order to make a tough badass chick all the fans can wave their toy lightsabers and "squee" to.
>>
Did he ever explained why he left Finn out in the desert?
>>
>>64093214
>Piloting of that level has never been seen in the SW universe even with force sensitive pilots.

Poe is Jedi.

It's the reason Leia trusts him as much.

I think he may be sleeper Jedi, aware of the force and trained, laying low till needed to avoid death squads.

If not, hell be yet another asshole who did overs he is force sensitive in these movies.
>>
>>64095686
You're coming into this Poe thread just to spew your misoginy, why not take the next step and suck Poe's cock like the other faggots, at least that's a proactive and productive way to deal with your fragile male ego. Besides, you'd lose your virginity.
>>
>>64093214
>movie starts
>opening crawl rolls
>Leia has sent her most awesome and daring pilot on this super secret mission
>"Oh, you mean Han?"
>it's not Han

Was anyone else thrown by this?
>>
>>64095771
>implying every Star Wars thread isn't just one strand in the same giant tapestry that has overtaken all of /tv/
>>
>>64093214
War is like that - think hall of famer versus college level
>>
>>64095030

Not even him but if you were an airline pilot during that day and age and were suddenly dropped into a B52 you probably could, you dumb nigger.

You're saying "Oh I can drive a moped I'd be able to sail a ship" instead of "I know how to sail this ship so chances are I'd be able to sail that ship", which was the fucking point.
>>
>>64093671
>WW2
>30 kills
>Bubi
>>
Han was a mary in a new hope. The lucas self insert for the brash, independent filmaker going against hollywood. He was brash, cocky, charming. All the things lucas wanted to be.

Any coincidence his buddy chewie was modeled after his dog, and the falcon was influenced by hamburgers? One of his favorite foods?

When creative control was extended in empire, the character got fleshed out. /

>/tv/ in 1977
>Solo? literally reddit
>>
>>64094079
Basically? Yes. But at a mastery where you need to dodge incoming fire and know the exact dimensions and maneuverability of a ship to fly it through a series of tight spaces? Hell no.
>>
>>64093214

He wasn't a Mary Sue, he was just a two-dimensional cardboard cutout placeholder character with no defining characteristics whatsoever other than his job.
>>
>>64093306

I am now convinced the recent influx of stupdity here on star wars stuff is because of ppl like you. They know jack fucking shit about SW. Did you even watch ANH you massive faggot?
>>
A Mary Sue is Luke destroying the Death Star his first time in an X Wing, or Anakin destroying the Trade Federation command ship his first time in a star fighter.
>>
He's the Brown Baron
>>
>>64096299
>A Mary Sue is Luke destroying the Death Star his first time in an X Wing

Nah, the presentation makes it completely believable.
>>
>>64093445
I wouldn't fucc him or want him to fucc me, but id probably succ him
>>
File: 1178346587286.jpg (7 KB, 328x151) Image search: [Google]
1178346587286.jpg
7 KB, 328x151
Did you know... there are three kinds of aces? Those who seek strength. Those who live for pride. And those who can read the tide of battle. Those are the three. And him... He was a true ace
>>
>>64095230
That's literally what the Jedi mind trick is, Kylo just didn't have the time or consideration to be subtle about it. Instead of "suggesting" to your target and tricking their brain into thinking it has the same idea, he "commands" their will, forcing it out of them.

It's like picking a lock versus kicking down a door. Once Rey had felt the force being used against her, she just tried to do what she had already seen demonstrated. But she wasn't strong enough to kick down the door like Kylo did, so she tried picking the lock.
>>
>>64096425

Yo buddy! Still alive?
>>
>>64093422
>poe is that fuckin guy from black ops one who would run uav/counter/blackbird (with hardline) and then just rely on his intel and skills to fuck everyones day up

empire never had a chance
>>
>ten year old slave boy designs and builds his own 200+mph electric hover chariot, complete with original engine design leagues more efficient than anything on the market

Believable

>18 year old moisture farmer that has never left tattooine pilots a star fighter effortlessly through entrenched enemy defenses that destroy seasoned pilots, bullseyes a meter long target

Believable

>20 year old woman who has grown up learning the mechanics of modern spaceships, disassembling and repairing them, and flying atmospheric vehicles across the planet is able to pilot a modified antique freighter

MARY SUE MARY SUE
>>
>>64095702
Finn left him.

he was shot out of the tie fighter and landed somewhere else, not waking up until nighttime.
>>
>>64095774
nope.

they would've mentioned his name if it was him.
>>
>>64096299
>A Mary Sue is Luke destroying the Death Star his first time in an X Wing
He used the force.

You're right about Anakin though.
>>
>>64096670
it would have been better to actually see her just picking her lock via the force rather then being able to get Daniel Craig Storm Trooper to leave like that.
>>
File: Bill+cosby_1ecdcc_5779487.jpg (130 KB, 780x922) Image search: [Google]
Bill+cosby_1ecdcc_5779487.jpg
130 KB, 780x922
>>64096898
but she flies it better than Han. thats the bullshit
>>
>>64096898
>a ten year old slave boy who has grown up among the pod racers and spends all his time there because that's literally the only thing there is to do in his backwater town is a prodigy at designing podracers
it's fine, actually

>18 year old moisture farmer who has developed such a reputation for himself as an ace pilot on his world that even a crazy old desert hermit who lives alone out in the mountains is aware of his skill
it's fine, actually

>slave girl who salvages broken junk out of wreckages for food is somehow wiser and more skilled and snarkier at flying the fastest freighter in the galaxy than its owner, for whom the ship was his pride, joy, and home for decades
garbage
>>
>>64093306
>He had no piloting background

Luke had been flying and racing T-16 Skyhoppers since childhood.
>>
>>64093514
>Becoming an important character because you're good at one particular thing = not mary sue.
>Becoming good at everything because you're an important character = mary sue.

lol they literally both happen the same way... writers literally just write them all at once. they were both going to be important from the start it's not like they are real people who earned being characters
>>
>>64095512
>Why did she suddenly decide that she knew how to use that?

She's just like "what the hell I'm fucked anyways might as well try it." That's why it was a joke you retard. She didn't "know" it would work.
>>
>>64093671
>pregnant and clumsy

Calm down, Armond. It's a kids' movie.
>>
>>64093214
thats like saying messi is a mary sue for being the best soccer player in the world
being amazing at one thing is not the same as being a mary sue who is perfect at everything
>>
No.

Poe was probably the best character, up there with TRAITOR trooper.
>>
>>64097257
But she didn't even know it was a thing. Kylo interrogated her, he didn't use the "classic Obi-Wan Kenobi(TM) brand clever subtle suggestion Jedi Mind Trick". Yet somehow Rey just KNEW that was the "right" way to do it
>>
The war has been inactive for 30 years. Most of the pilots of the Rebellion AND the Empire have retired, and their replacements on both side aren't necessarily going to be as skilled as the prior generation.

Maybe Poe isn't Wedge Antilles tier pilot but most of the First Order's pilots aren't very good?
>>
>>64096425
>>64096730
You know what they need to fucking do? Have an enemy ace for once. Make a proper dogfight. The closest thing we have is Vader in ANH, and he didn't really do anything fancy or cool. Maybe Jango in 2 would count, but that's also one of the best scenes in the series. They need to do it again.
>>
>>64095512
>>64093631
Did you not see all the jedi paraphernalia in her room where she lived? She obviously knows about the jedi whether it just be stories or historical record now.
>>
>>64093336
>>64093411
That has nothing to do with being a Mary Sue. You don't undo a Mary Sue by having some character mention "Oh yeah they trained to be good at everything and be better than us in every way possible."

But the real difference is,

>>64093214
He's good at one thing, being a pilot. Kylo blew him the fuck out and he got saved by Finn. Poe isn't a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64097498
Poe in his BLACKED X-wing is Mary Sue grade. Iced TIEs by the dozen, literally everyone else was just a diversion while he took out the fucking planet.

Even wedge needed help.
>>
>>64097169
Maybe the Force was guiding her.
>>
>>64093214
>force sensitive

stopped reading there.
fucking niggers trying to force "the realism of the universe" on this movies again. can't enjoy anything anymore without jerking off to their fantasies in bed at night.
fucking sickos just die already.
>>
>>64097289
Replace Messi with Cristiano and you are good
>>
>>64093374
rey had expierence though.
poe was a forced character made for marvel gaybois who eat shit for breakfast lunch and dinner.
>>
>>64093420
>Rey picked up a lightsaber and suddenly had all the force power it took Luke and Anakin three movies to develop each.
Enough with this power level, video game logic. You don't have to be level 17 to put points into mind trick. It's not even like she mind tricked a general or something, it was a brainwashed and weak minded stormtrooper. I don't even know how you're bringing Anakin into this, he used the mind trick in the cartoon or something?

That you'd even try to compare TFA Rey to RotJ Luke makes me think you're retarded.
I didn't see Rey effortlessly choke out a couple pig guards by raising her fingers.
I didn't see her massacre a dozen people with a lightsaber. She sure as fuck didn't beat Darth Vader.

At most she's as good as Luke was at the end of Empire.
>>
it's just JJ's desperate attempts to outdo the previous properties

It's why star trek turned into an over the top action series and star wars has characters which develop further in 1 movie than others did in 3
>>
>>64097599
Wanting to be able to know a character's space ship from all the other identical space ships doesn't automatically upgrade him to Mary Sue.

And again, being really good at one thing doesn't make you a mary sue. That's called having your trademark. A mary sue is when the trademark is everything.

Like I said, he needed Finn to bail him out. That alone pretty much makes him not a mary sue.
>>
>>64093671
>>Because TIEs are known for being difficult to destroy.

Go back to reddit
>>
>>64097757
>It's why star trek turned into an over the top action series
>JJ Abraheim
I know the TNG movies suck but you can't just ignore them.

Are you saying the ships being more agile in RotJ compared to ANH had nothing to do with using new technology to have a more dynamic battle and was just some desperate attempt by George to outdo the first movie? Wait, what's wrong with trying to outdo previous movies?
>>
>>64093503
Because he's one incredibly charming SoB.
>>
>as a scavenger Rey collects Jedi objects and looks up for the Jedi as a myth from old times
>meets Solo who tells her with all the letters that it is all true
>finds Luke's saber and meets Maz who tells her she is strong and that the Force calls for her
>She observes as Kylo forces her arm down and induces her to sleep
>as Kylo tries to take stuff from her mind, she resists and gets to know she has power too, she sees how Kylo is surprised about her strenght
>if the Force is true as she was told and seen and she can even beat Kylo in that game, how about she uses that power?

I thought it was alright the way they handled it. She is very powerful, that is a given, but not too farfetched. Luke has never heard of the Force before Obi Wan (if I recall correctly), he just heard of the Jedi.
>>
File: Do it for Him - Poe OC.jpg (454 KB, 1024x731) Image search: [Google]
Do it for Him - Poe OC.jpg
454 KB, 1024x731
Enjoy, anons.
>>
>Fin is a flawed and a borderline coward
>overcomes his fears of The First Order and battles its champion Kylo Ren
>Manages to injur him but nothing more

>Rey is a strong independent womyn who don't need no man holding her hand
>when she is not on the screen, people are wondering "where is Rey?"
>can hit sweet maneuvers in the millennium falcon despite not having piloting experience
>knows how to fix the pilot better than Han
>Naturally gifted in the force
>Beats Kylo Rens ass, despite not having any fighting experience
I thought I would hate the nig, I actually kinda liked him.
>>
>>64093214
yes
>>
>>64093306
Fucking what
>>
>>64093214
>Piloting of that level has never been seen in the SW universe even with force sensitive pilots.

He is force-sensitive though. One of the new EU comics basically confirms it. His parents planted a force-sensitive tree in their home or some shit.
>>
>>64093214
>>64098335
He was originally suppose to be wedges son.
Wedge arguably was a better pilot than Luke.
>>
>>64093214
>just now learning what Mary Sue means
>>
>>64096276
>Did you even watch ANH you massive faggot?
considering how many plebs here defend TFA and say it's not a complete rehash of A New Hope, I assume most of them haven't.

I can deal with people arguing it was a good movie. Plebs will call it 'fun' or 'comfy.' Fine. But pretending like 85% of the plot wasn't straight from a new hope is entirely absurd.
>>
>>64098625
not even once has someone claimed TFA isn't A New New Hope in the history of ever what the fuck are you talking about
>>
>>64096898
>>ten year old slave boy designs and builds his own 200+mph electric hover chariot, complete with original engine design leagues more efficient than anything on the market
He's literally called the chosen one and you have a problem with this?

>>18 year old moisture farmer that has never left tattooine pilots a star fighter effortlessly through entrenched enemy defenses that destroy seasoned pilots, bullseyes a meter long target
He's literally the chosen one's son, you have a problem with this?

>>20 year old woman who has grown up learning the mechanics of modern spaceships, disassembling and repairing them, and flying atmospheric vehicles across the planet is able to pilot a modified antique freighter
She's some random bitch, and for some reason you didn't reference her beating a trained dark side force user in single combat?

CHERRY PICKEY CHERRY PICKER

seriously, just because you were born after the year 2000 and are ignorant as to what star wars is doesn't give you a pass to spread falsehoods
>>
>>64098302
lol... thanks I will
>>
>>64098683
hello there tumblr
>>
>>64093214
Yes, but Oscar can act so its not as distracting and hes in the movie for 15 mins.
>>
>>64097129
>can't even use the force to lift a pebble
>can force target a proton torpedo on his first try

He was Mary Sue. Luke has been used as a definition for Mary Sue for years
>>
>>64098927
By actual retards who have no business discussing literary characters, perhaps.
>>
>>64098711
He has no problem with it, idiot, he is calling out for the people who have a problem with her for it.

It's not that Anakin and Luke are Mary Sues too, just that Star Wars is kind of like that and it has always been like that and it was fine and it continues to be fine. Fuck, it's in the family.
>>
>>64098683
First of all, it's either A Newer Hope or Another New Hope.

Secondly, tons of tumblrinas and plebbitors pretend its the most original movie of the decade.

So what the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>64098927
Luke is kind of a Mary Sue

he's definitely Lucas self insert and is good at everything but he does have weaknesses

Unlike Rey he could barely use a lightsabre on his first try, even after training with the greatest jedi still got his ass whooped and constantly needs saving from other people
>>
>>64099077
Neither Anakin nor Luke were Mary Sues.

Rey is.

Cry about it.
>>
>>64098312
I liked Finn a lot more than Rey but come on, a lot of these are straight up wrong.

>Rey is a strong independent womyn who don't need no man holding her hand
Like Leia was a strong independent womyn that chastised her rescuers for having no escape plan and actually bails them out? Now Rey is a mary sue and Leia isn't, but don't act like strong women are new to Star Wars.

>when she is not on the screen, people are wondering "where is Rey?"
Goods guys care when she's kidnapped, bad guys care when she has the map.

>can hit sweet maneuvers in the millennium falcon despite not having piloting experience
She says she's a pilot. Luke also goes from flying around on Tatooine to being the best x-wing pilot ever even though he's never flown one before, is attacking the most powerful Imperial installation, and being surrounded by who would presumably be the best pilots the rebel could gather.

>knows how to fix the pilot better than Han
No, she knows about a thing that was added when Han didn't have the Falcon. He finishes her line about what to do and gestures for her to go fix it in the first place while he farts around with shit on his side of the cockpit.

>Naturally gifted in the force
Yeah like every Skywalker, go figure.

>Beats Kylo Rens ass, despite not having any fighting experience
You meant any experience with a lightsaber right? You see her fighting and she grew up in a rough place. Either way, Vader didn't beat Luke in Empire because he practiced with his lasersword more than Luke did. That's not how the force works, get that prequel/EU lightsaber form jedi-training-is-blocking-lasers-in-a-classroom shit out of your mind.
>>
>>64098625
>movie clearly ends more like jedi and has empire sprinkled in there
>durr it's a complete rehash of a new hope
Now I'm also calling it unoriginal but when you fuck up that bad it just makes you sound like a parrot.
>>
>>64099533
I said 85% kiddo, you need to keep up with those reading comprehension classes if you wanna avoid getting made fun of in high school
>>
>>64099112
>
the thing is rey had combat experience at the start of the movie, look was just a farmer when he began
luke was an everyday man, rey on the other hand is obviously hiding a big secret, thats the diference between the two
>>
>>64099475
reddit nigger found
>>
>>64099591
>85% is complete
I don't know what this "kiddo" shit is but it seems like desperate posturing.
>>
>>64099135
I'm not the one having trouble with any of the characters, you cry.
>>
>>64099650
>durrr she's not a pilot
>yes she is

>durrr she has no fighting experience
>has a fight scene in the movie

Great boogeyman you got there retard.
>>
>>64099668
Sorry, I'm condescendingly calling you a child because this is an 18+ site and you're saying things that are so stupid, I'm giving you the benefit of a doubt and assuming you are a child and not a very stupid adult.
>>
>>64099721
I was the original guy you responded to. She's never left Jakku, and the only other fighting she's had was fighting off skinny ass thugs with her staff.
>>
>>64099853
>She's never left Jakku
just like luke

>the only other fighting she's had was fighting off skinny ass thugs with her staff
You see her fighting skinny guys so you assume everyone she's ever fought on that planet was exactly the same as them? Come on, that's really poor reasoning. That's fucking reaching. It's like assuming Han's only ever killed mosquito men that weren't expecting it.
>>
>>64099475
She shouldnt have been able to beat Ren who was a fucking trained dark jedi. He had already killed all of Lukes other students so it's not like he had never fought before. He was more experienced in saber combat and had formal training in the force. But since Rey can do nothing wrong she got to win becase reasons.
>>
>>64093214

Han's piloting in Empire was arguably more impressive.
>>
>>64099135

I disagree.

anakin was an unbearable disgusting mary sue faggot that turned me more away from star wars than jar jar did.

luke was fine though. except for his piloting skills he couldn't do shit in episode 4. he didn't know any jedi tricks (other than the 6th sense thing) and couldn't fight with a light saber.

he needed long training with yoda to actually do what that mary sue whore rey is doing instinctively.
>>
>>64102292
long? he trained for a week and was fighting vader one on one after that
>>
>>64101094
good luck trying to get these nostalgia facts to accept a flaw in the original trilogy
>>
>>64093306

>I used to bullseye womp rats in Beggars Canyon back home.
>>
>>64098200
I-it's not too farfetched, r-right guys?
>>
>>64093306

>luke
>a jedi in episode 4

Thats it, Im convinced people really do pretend to be retarded here.
>>
>>64093535
Guys, guys I have this idea for a star wars fan fic and I wanted feedback on this protagonist I have in mind

Okay, so she's an orphan from Tattoo-- Jakku, and she's a scavenger/slave. She escapes the planet by finding the Millennium Falcon and flying it by herself. She's super smart and can figure out the controls even though she hasn't set foot inside the ship before or flown a ship at all and she knows all about how to repair it more than the owner, Han Solo. Oh and she knows how to speak Wookie (thanks to the desert Wookie clan) and droid (Anakin could so duh) and Chewbacca loves her because she's cool and Han is impressed because she knows so much about the Falcon.

Oh and she has force powers, and she's so good at the force that she can resist the master of the Knights of Ren's mind reading and even read his mind, and she knows how to do jedi mind tricks because she just does and it's cool. She even beats the master of the knights of Ren in a lightsaber fight when she doesn't even have training with a lightsaber, and she has better force pulling than him.

In the end she has Anakin's lightsaber and is the captain of the Falcon and she goes off to be Luke Skywalker's apprentice (but he'll discover she knows way more than him cause she's a prodigy) so she can defeat the Sit- Knights of Ren.

I'm just stuck on the name, what should I call her?
>>
>>64093407
Cheap inexperienced ones to fill up ranks
>>
>>64103110
That is a bit much, even for fan-fic.
>>
Are people really squabbling over star wars "facts"??????????? Amazing how people have lost site of reality lately.
>>
>>64093698
Are you retarded? Star wars was hugely influenced by ww2
>>
>>64093214
>poe is a mary sue
>he literally fails his mission, is captured, and needs to be resuced 10 minutes into the movie
>>
>>64094079
>Its like driving a car. When you can drive one, you can basically drive them all.

Are you fucking retarded? Try driving a stick with only knowledge of an automatic, or vice versa

Also, in that analogy, youre literally saying any run of the mill commercial pilot can fly spacecraft.
>>
>>64094252
He literlly destroys the entire droid fleet on accident because of his piloting in episode 1. He had only been in a podracer before that.
>>
File: IMG_0039.png (369 KB, 533x800) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0039.png
369 KB, 533x800
This movie suck
>>
>>64096898
>anakin
>literally the chosen one
>its been established he is a genius with an intellect that far surpasses most people in his galaxy
>this is what led to downfall

>luke
>grew up flying aircraft
>had to learn how to pilot spacecraft from han solo
>end of the movie we see the fruits of his labor
>also with the assistance of Han, Biggs, and Wedge

>rey
>grew up flying aircraft
>pilots falcon for the first time
>out maneuvers stormtropper pilots
>nothing too crazy
>Han Solo takes back his ship
>she knows it better than he does
>thats when people rightfully start calling bullshit
Thread replies: 133
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.