[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so why did people find it funny when he took off the mask? I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 11
so why did people find it funny when he took off the mask?
I think he looked rather daunting and cool t b h
>>
His real face was kinda creepy in that private school sociopath, please don't shoot up the school kinda way. But the reveal should've been made after he killed his dad.
>>
>>64092420
Because he's ugly
>>
>>64092612
With the hair covering his massive wing-like ears, he's actually decent looking. I think it's obvious he was cast for the nose though.
>>
File: 1450934279757.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450934279757.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>64092612
Adam Driver is kinda ugly, but as kylo he is amazing. One of the few people who look better without beard
>>
>>64092420
Cause hes Jewish.
>>
>>64092828
Is that camrip watchable? I'm considering it.
>>
>>64092420
why does he wear the mask?
>>
/tv/ can shit all over it, but I really liked him.

Good actor, playing a conflicted character.

He's not one-dimensionally evil. He's a troubled guy with force powers..basically makes him a danger to everyone around him. Rather tragic...

Reminds me of Snape in a way
>>
>>64092420
cause he looked like a pansy. Im pretty sure I could beat the shit out of that actor in person. He just looks soft for someone that is suppose to be a badass. Also his hair had a shit load of product in it. They tried to make his hair all 70's style like the originals
>>
>>64093023
just see it in the cinema already, the camrip is not very bad but seeing it in IMAX 3D was really something else
>>
>>64093050
He idolizes his grandfather
>>
>>64093097
>wow, such dimensions
He was awful, kid.
Only emo faggots disagree.
>>
>>64092420
Him punching his wound was a nice touch. Driver really cares for his character.
>>
>>64092420
>Kylo Ren has sand pod in his room to put on his mask
>Anakin didnt like sand
He tries to get stronger by embracing what Vader feared the most, like pottery.
>>
>>64092828
he's kinda cute
>>
>>64093103
Someone please post his shirtless pic. Driver is actually swole for a lanklet.
>>
File: 5.jpg (99 KB, 500x334) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
99 KB, 500x334
>>64093316
>>
I just watched the movie 1 hour ago in 3D.

Sure it has no story, but I really enjoyed the trip. It was more more enjoyable than the garbage that was Spectre. In fact, I enjoyed both Star Wars and Bridge of Spies more than Spectre.

Ren did die a bit of a pussy death. Defeated by a girl without training. Even getting hit by a fucking stormtrooper in a light saber fight while he can foresee and stop bullets. A bit silly. He must have been the weakest sith lord ever.
>>
Episode IX will be like...

"So, did Rhae return the wayward son of Princess Leia to his home. And having no further concern, she and her companions sought adventure in the outer rim. Many wars and feuds did Rhae fight. Honor and fear were heaped upon her name and, in time, she swore her vows to the light side.

But that is another story...
>>
>>64093418
>Ren did die
No he didn't. He obviously got swooped up by Officer Ginger (probably along with Captain Chrome) for the sequels.
>>
>>64093168
I bet you think Anakin's hissy fits gave him depth as a character
>>
>>64093459
I sincerely hope they'll continue exactly where they left off, with Luke explaining why he's there, his perspective on things and what the plan is next. It would be a perfect way to recap everything too. The whole "everyone's related" thing was confusing for a lot of people.
>>
>>64093316
Wasn't he a marine?
>>
>>64093418
>sure it has no story

retard alert, let's see what other retarded shit faggot anon has to say

>He must have been the weakest sith lord ever

1. He's as much of a sith as Rey is a jedi 2. He was shot in the stomach with Chewie's crossbow that one-shots every stormtrooper it hit earlier in the movie, and remember it wasn't until that he got hit by Finn that Ren decided to end it there and fuck his shit up.

Stop being retarded. Watch the movie again, this time with your eyes open, then come back to /tv/ and think really hard on whether or not it's worth dick-riding the contrarian faggots just to fit in.
>>
>>64093544
You could be right. I just assumed he got blown up with the planet and ginger would have to disappoint his master.
>>
>>64093581
Mark my words, Episode VIII will start with Luke witnessing the destruction of the planets, along with him meditating and seeing Han die. After staring out into the ocean for hours, he sees Rey.
>>
Only retard lard ass americans laughed at this scene, in my viewing no one laughed in that part.
>>
File: wenn20059059.jpg (87 KB, 585x685) Image search: [Google]
wenn20059059.jpg
87 KB, 585x685
>>64092420
ALPHA AS FUCK
>>
>>64093726
I think it's a bit funny though, you expect Vader or Palpatine and instead you get some faggot kid. Really gives you insight into his character.
>>
>>64093683
Yeah, but that doesn't make any sense from a narrative perspective. Their characters were barely used, there's no reason to have to introduce a whole bunch of new bad guys next movie when there's more to tell.

It was a bit awkward though, such a short time between the ginger got his orders and the planet exploded. Would have preferred it a scene like in 4 where we see Vader's ship spiral out towards the stars, away from the death star.
>>
>>64093700
I liked how Hamill looked with a beard. Suited old Luke great. Honestly, he looks better than Ford at this point.
>>
>>64093757
how does she keeps getting work
>>
>>64093663
The fight was ambiguous as fuck. He was fighting off Rey all the way to the cliff side and then she shuts her eyes and powers up DBZ mode, and all of a sudden Kylo forgets how to fight. Stop being retarded. Watch the movie again, this time with your eyes open, then come back to /tv/ and think really hard on whether or not it's worth dick-riding the contrarian faggots just to fit in.
>>
>>64093757
he is literally the best character in Girls
>>
>>64093765
Yeah, they really tried their best to make him look like a columbine shooter, still don't know how people can actually laugh though but whatever.

The parts i actually laughed out loud where the robot covers for finn and when the stormtrooper says "i am dropping my gun"
>>
>>64093765
except that we already knew he was Han's son so if wasn't really a surprise
>>
File: 30847590745.jpg (17 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
30847590745.jpg
17 KB, 380x380
>>64093127
>3D
>>
people weren't expecting napoleon dynamite under that mask.
>>
Why is Kylo worried about not being as strong as Vader when he could catch blaster beams, something Vader never did
>>
>>64093663
Ive been doing martial arts my entire life. And an injury where you can still move everything rarely stops a trained fighter. Mostly because of the adrenaline. It's only afterwards that the injury really kicks in. But it looked like he was still running on adrenaline.

Most fighters can go on until their body gives in. Humans are more sturdy than they think.

Was he injured enough to stop him from fighting? Possibly. But he still had some foresight from the force, which should balance it out a bit. But you could be right yeah that his injuries were too much.
>>
Man, action movies are really boring nowdays. I can watch them, but halfway through it always turns into such a fucking slog and I just want it to finish. And it was like this with every blockbuster, maybe except a new Dredd and Mad Max.
>>
File: 1444336369624.jpg (264 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1444336369624.jpg
264 KB, 800x600
>>64093127
>wanting to get blurry action scenes
>>
>>64093663
The story can literally be summed up in one line. Find luke, with a one small pitt stop at the death star.
>>
>>64092420
he looks so ... american. Timothy McVeigh-like.
>>
>>64093845
> He was fighting off Rey all the way to the cliff side and then she shuts her eyes and powers up DBZ mode, and all of a sudden Kylo forgets how to fight

He asks her to be his apprentice, he doesn't want to kill her, remember Snoke asked him directly to bring her to him.

She realizes he's tempting her to the dark side, so she remembers what the old alien woman told her about closing her eyes and letting the light in. Then she breaks the saber lock, and planet ex machina prevents them from continuing the fight.

>>64094039
>I've been doing martial arts my entire life

Is it part of your training to get shot in the stomach with a over-powered bowcaster? How about getting shot in the stomach with a 12-gauge?

There's adrenaline but come on anon, be realistic.
>>
His character has potential for growth. Best character from TFA. Only edgy faggots believe other wise
>>
>>64093984
Because he knew he had to kill his dad. Being strong is not in term of abilities, but in term of will.
>>
>>64094134
annd you're completely disregarding any of the characters.

if i were you i could've summarized it even shorter: bunch of space shit
>>
>>64094134
Based on your summary I expect to see Han Solo in episode 8, you fucking mongoloid.
>>
>>64093984
He probably gets that people don't respect him and he thinks it's because he's too weak and if he was stronger he'd get the respect he """deserves"""
>>
>>64094161
>he doesn't want to kill her
So? You can still beat someone in a fight, you can still win. We've seen it multiple times throughout the series already. And the fissure opening up was just ridiculous. Thanks Disney.
>>
>>64093203
That was Anakin's ashes.
>>
>>64094307
>the fissure opening up was just ridiculous.

The planet was collapsing?

>beat someone in a fight, you can still win

Yeah but, Kylo was crippled and as far as we know it's his first fight against a light-side force sensitive. I said that. You ignored it because you're desperate to hate the movie.

Keep crying, dickrider.
>>
If Linkin Park existed in a galaxy far far away this fucking faggot would be listening to it as it tortures people.
>>
>>64094255
>tfw they rebuild Han Solo as a cyborg cop for episode 8
>>
>>64094360
Yeah but, Kylo was not crippled because we saw him winning in both fights and as far as we know it's Rey's first fight against a trained dark-side force sensitive. The fissure stopped the fight because it was convenient for the characters and the writers. You ignored it because you're desperate to love the movie.

Keep crying, dickrider.
>>
>>64092828
lol its the chair from total recall
>>
>>64094195
>not Rey

Faggot detected
>>
>>64094468
>Kylo was not crippled because we saw him winning in both fights

HE WAS SHOT IN THE GUT WITH A BOWCASTER. THE BOWCASTER THAT BLEW UP FIVE STORMTROOPERS, AND INSTANTLY KILLED THE ONES IT DIRECTLY HIT. HOW MANY TIMES DOES THIS NEED TO BE EXPLAINED TO YOU?

You really think Han using Chewie's weapon for the first time wasn't intentional? It was used to display it's power, so when Kylo gets hit and only stumbles, you know he got fucked up.

Remember: HE WAS SUPPOSED TO DIE. But he's trained in the dark side, and pain makes him more powerful, but still cripples him as evidenced by his fight with Rey.

>The fissure stopped the fight because it was convenient for the characters and the writers.

Actually, it's because the planet was collapsing. And, how else would you end a fight like that? You think the movie would be better if Kylo / Rey + Finn died on the planet? Are you literally fucking retarded?

Stop trying to use my arguments against me they just make you look even more retarded.
>>
>>64094468
>The fissure stopped the fight because it was convenient for the characters and the writers

Well yeah, because at that point Kylo Ren was disarmed and Rey could murder him if she wanted. And after watching him killing Han and (possibly, as far as she knows) Finn, she provbably would.
>>
>>64094599
Did we watch the same movie? He got shot before the two fights. It had no fucking bearing on his abilities, he won against Finn and was winning against Rey. After he was shot. The order of events should be clear now as I've explained what happened to you. Or are you saying his injury suddenly started taking effect once Rey shut her eyes? You probably are, because if you actually believe "and then the ground opens up and they're split apart" is good writing then you probably are stupid enough to be having this argument about how the movie is badly executed schlock with me.
>>
>>64093127

>3D

Jesus Christ
>>
>>64094606
or you could just write it differently
or break some information on the characters and have them make a decision
actually no, just write in a cop-out, the fanboys will still eat this shit up
>>
>>64093912
>>64094071
>>64094809
I saw it twice, once in 2D and once in 3D. honestly there's no big difference at all
>>
>>64094778
>He got shot before the two fights. It had no fucking bearing on his abilities, he won against Finn and was winning against Rey
>Are you saying his injury suddenly started taking effect once Rey shut her eyes

No, I'm saying that if Ren wasn't shot, he would have FUCKING DEMOLISHED Finn and Rey. But, because he was crippled by an incredibly-damaging gut shot, Finn was able to hold his own (until he got BTFO after getting a hit in on Ren), and Rey was able to hold her own and get two hits in on Ren, before the earth splits open.

Remember, Finn could hardly hold his own against vibro-axe trooper, so Kylo Ren was definitely not at 100% power.

Also, he didn't forget how to fight. Ren sliced Finn's back open and knocked him out. Rey jabbed him in the shoulder and grazed his face, really minor wounds when you compare the two.

>"and then the ground opens up and they're split apart"

Okay genius, how would you have ended that battle?
>>
>>64094161
Realistically, I dont think Ren had any incapacitated body parts. He just had a painful injury.

There are people that can kick so hard to your leg/side/head that you cant stand up anymore for a short while. That's being incapacitated. And that's how fights are lost. When the brain or muscles or anything else that's vital breaks down.
Especially when he's a trained fighter / soldier / sith fighting for his life he'd manage a bit of pain.

I think he lost because the girl simply was a better fighter.
>>
>>64093097
he was a terrible villain, he sucked
>>
>>64094873
So you're saying that if you fought Bruce Lee, then you shot Bruce Lee in the stomach with a shotgun, he would be the same opponent for you both times?

Come on, anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (304 KB, 1440x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
304 KB, 1440x1080
>>64093663
This isa breath of fresh air on this fucking board.
>>
>>64092420
>so why did people find it funny when he took off the mask?

Because the spoon fed audience either expected someone looking like a supermodel or a person disfigured by the dark side of the force.

I for one find it amazing that they're willing to cast conventionally ugly people for such big roles.
>>
>>64094972
Yeah I'm not even sure why I come to the normie boards anymore, I expected good discussion here and all I got was redditors trying to fit in with their conception of how 4channers act like.
>>
>>64094873
>I think he lost because the girl simply was a better fighter.
and thats why I can't take this seriously
he got his ass kicked from someone who wielded a lightsaber for the first time in their life and yet he was able to slaughter lukes students in the past,
did he just kill them with a gas leak or what?
>>
>>64095076
he got shot

in the gut

with chewie's bowcaster

the bowcaster that one-shotted every stormtrooper it hit

I think I should just make a vocaroo of this response because the amount of people that fail to understand the movie blows my fucking mind.
>>
>>64095076
he got his ass kicked by someone who obviously knows how to kick ass, as demonstrated previously when two goons tried to steal BB8

it's like you guys are asleep half of the time
>>
>>64094866
Yeah the 3D is barely noticeable throughout the entire movie
>>
>>64093171
Yeah, what was the purpose of that? Give yourself new pain to ignore the earlier?
>>
>>64095186
Dark Side is powered through anger / pain / other intense emotion.

Punch the wound = more pain, more anger = more power.
>>
>>64095132
True. She really knew how to fight.
>>
because you expect a sith lord to look serious and mature but he was clearly just a young kid whose face looked like it had never felt stubble
>>
>>64093097
I liked him too anon
>>
>>64095204
Tk add. I think I had forgotten about that scene.
>>
>>64093984
Vader never stopped blaster beams in mid air. He daught them with his fuckin hand instead.

Also you and I both know that Vader would have done some wild shit if the special effects in 1980 weren't terrible.
>>
>>64095076
apparently the difference between a sith apprentice and a scavenger girl is a non-disabling, grazing shot
>>
>>64095132
beating up random mooks isn't the same as dueling someone trained in the force
at least it shouldn't be
if it is then what exactly is special about the force?
>>
>>64095388
There was blood pouring out of his side you fuckin cock mongler. Go mow the lawn with that wound. Your grass will look like shit, and mowing lawn isn't a hard activity.
>>
It would have been better if they had escaped Ren and blew up his vessel leaving him on the planet. Instead of winning that fight.
>>
>>64095483
only when he hit it, and it didn't seem like a tremendous amount was coming out either.
>>
This guy is so ugly how the hell does he keep getting roles? Is it because he's a jew?
>>
>>64095388
Her ally was the Force, and Chewie fucked him up.
>>
>>64095495
I mean, how are they going to do it in episode 8. The girl will be trained in the force by then by fucking Luke, while she was already stronger than him without training.

Next encounter she'll steamroll Ren.
>>
>>64095409
that scene at least establishes that she can handle two big guys with relative ease, thus demonstrating that her fighting skills are really not bad

this, plus her newly found force abilities, and given that kylo is relatively untrained and harmed, makes it quite likely that she could kick his ass
>>
He looks like a teenaged Alan Rickman with a bigger nose
>>
also doesn't the force give you clairvoyance of some sort too? I dont think chewy should have been able to hit him.
>>
>>64095608
It does. But he clearly wasnt paying attention. And moving your entire body away is harder than moving a light saber.
>>
>>64093358
who is that guy to the right
I'd swear i have seen some other actors' shirtless photo with him. (I wanna say Jared Leto but im not sure)
>>
>>64095647
terry richardson, famous photographer
he fucks almost everyone he shoots, plus he is buds with leto
>>
>>64095608
Yeah but he just killed his father and was probably overwhelmed with emotion.
>>
>>64095554
>The girl will be trained in the force by then by fucking Luke, while she was already stronger than him without training.
its a sue in the making really
>>
>>64095675
>overwhelmed with emotion.
isn't that suppose to make sith stronger?
>>
>>64095554
kylo's also going to be trained by snoke though, which is explicitly mentioned
>>
File: e22ca65ea2_96683806_o2.jpg (354 KB, 1280x855) Image search: [Google]
e22ca65ea2_96683806_o2.jpg
354 KB, 1280x855
>>64095674
Ah, yes. Thanks.
>>
>>64095696
Depends on the emotion i guess.
>>
>>64095716
how did this photographer become famous if all he does is take unflattering, over saturated pictures of people?
>>
>>64095696
I assume you still have to focus it.
>>
>>64095675
This keeps getting echoed here. The point of the dark side is to be overwhelmed with emotion. If anything, killing his father would make him more powerful.
>>
>>64095763
that's his radical signature aesthetic
>>
>>64093166
He's a weak guy.
>>
>Now Chewie goes solo
I'm sad
>>
>>64095811
Amateur porn chic
>>
>>64095832
I hope Ren saves Chewies life next movie.
>>
>>64095790
Yeah but isn't that usually just hate, rage and anger? We have no idea what he was feeling after he killed Han.
>>
>>64093127
Do they have IMAX without 3D? I hate 3D. Shit ruins the film.
>>
>>64093097

I agree. He's much better than the typical cookie-cutter villain we get these days. Whilst he's not the kind of villain that we are accustomed to these days, he is actually really threatening, and most of all, fun.
>>
>>64094307
She broke his light saber though.
>>
>>64095167
But why pay more for a worse experience?
>>
>>64095545
Or he has acting ability
>>
>>64093097

He was probably my favorite part of the movie. Most of the criticism I see on him is him being ugly, and getting his ass kicked by a girl. Neither of those things are a big deal.
>>
>>64093358
>>64095716
HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
File: Hoffmanmain_3130478b.jpg (48 KB, 620x387) Image search: [Google]
Hoffmanmain_3130478b.jpg
48 KB, 620x387
>>64095545
This guy is so ugly how the hell does he keep getting roles? Is it because he's a jew?
>>
File: terry_obama[1].jpg (286 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
terry_obama[1].jpg
286 KB, 1280x850
>>64096180
>>
>>64096161

I do think Rey's wrecking of him sort of took away his longevity as a threat. But then again, I won't know if this is true until the next film.
>>
>>64095864
I hope Ren turns good in the next so we have a bad guy turned good for the first time in EIX
>>
>>64093168
nice argument, kiddo
>>
>>64092828
whats the name of this torrent? there's like 4 on kat
>>
File: star-wars.jpg (164 KB, 1170x768) Image search: [Google]
star-wars.jpg
164 KB, 1170x768
>>64092420
It was funny because they expected us to believe that these two beautiful beings created that abomination.
>>
>>64095790

I think he felt like shit. The pull to the light is still there.
>>
>>64096663
Leia had him when she was doing, coke affected the fetus.
>>
>>64096054
Different dude but how is it worse? I wear glasses and when my gf got the 3D tickets I was a bit nervous about having that clunky shit on my face. But in reality it pretty much puts just the picture into focus and give it a nice parallax effect.
>>
>>64093127
I saw it in IMAX 3D and have to see the 3D was a waste of fucking time and there was only two or three shots that utilized it
>>
>>64094868
The earth quake causes them to seperate as kylo is clearly beating Ray and then she runs away into millennium falcon
>>
>>64092420
Kylo looking odd looking works perfectly, I understand why JJ didn't even have an audition and just contacted Adam. His whole character is that he couldn't fill the shoes he was born into, and him looking weird despite being the kid of Leia and Han who are very attractive works into that.
>>
>>64095716
That look in their eyes, you just KNOW they banged...
>>
>>64092420
Someone in my theater yelled CREEPER when he was interrogating her, if you're going to yell in the theater at least be funny.
>>
>>64097499
You've got to be fucking kidding me. That shit boils my blood. I bet they were with a bunch of friends who thought they were being hilarious, too. Fucking normies.
>>
>>64096294
I think it hurts her character more than it does Ren. We see that Ren is conflicted and torn between the lust for power and his moral compass drawing him back to the light side. And we see he is vulnerable to defeat which gives him more depth as a character. Rey on the other hand... always wins. There's no real conflict or adversity she needs to overcome. She is great at everything and never loses. She's not relatable and not realistic. Ren is a better main character at this point in the story.
>>
With regards to the fight with Rey, aside from being injured, let's not forget that that he hasn't even finished his training yet. He's just a kid with some knowledge of the dark side of the force, not a fucking Sith Lord, for crying out loud.
>>
>>64092420

Because he's not physically intimidating or scary-looking, he reminded me of David Schwimmer or Justin Long.

>>64097637

Meanwhile Finn struggles with nearly everything he does and gets beat upon for most of the movie.
>>
>>64092420
if i was not aware this was from star wars seven I would have thought someone made a remake of spaceballs
>>
>>64093358
He looks like this guy who was in my physics lab.
>>
>>64093683
The next movie is going to open with Ren "completing his training."
>>
>>64098938
Fuck that. We've got our jedi training scenes. I want some Sith training to be fleshed out
>>
>>64093862
That storm trooper was Daniel Craig. No joke.
Thread replies: 143
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.