[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why didn't you tell me this show was this hood, /tv/? Just
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7
Why didn't you tell me this show was this hood, /tv/?

Just one more thing. What else have you been hiding?
>>
>>64092092

>Hood

HOL UP
>>
the scripts are full retard. almost all the murderers could get away easily if they just shut the fuck up and stop runing around.
>>
One of the greatesf ever shows.
>>
File: 456456.jpg (62 KB, 460x448) Image search: [Google]
456456.jpg
62 KB, 460x448
>>64092151
You don't get it at all do you?

He already suspects or even knows they did it, it is his treatment of them that brings out the traits which get them into trouble. He is a fucking mastermind of manipulation.
>>
>>64092092

Miami Vice
>>
>it's a Columbo does shit that would get the case thrown out immediately episode

Which is every episode, and I love it
>>
>>64093105
Laws were different back then for a lot of stuff. Which is why it is illegal now to do. lol
>>
Columbo is GOAT
>>
Just one more thing.
>>
Gimmie the best episodes /tv/. Be useful for once.
>>
Because some shows are too great to be shared with plebs. Some shows need to be sought and found by the curious individual.
>>
>>64093299
That stretch of time on Anthony Cumia's show where he was constantly referencing Columbo had me check it out and I was hooked
>>
>>64092092

I love episodes like this where Columbo knows who the killer is but is struggling to get the evidence for a conviction. Especially ones where Columbo is so close to not catching the murderer at all because for however brilliant he is, he still needs proof. Like the first episode where he just combs the widow for information and then searches the writer's office again for any minor clue to tie everything together. And in the end, his deduction was still wrong.
>>
>>64093463
The killer in the first episode was a god damn idiot. Columbo had the flimsiest case ever with zero hard evidence and he completely folded.
>>
>>64093299
dude im not that guy, but im high man, lets talk and shit. how's it going dud?
>>
>>64092092
Most favorite tv show.
It's a special gem that needs to be kept somewhat esoteric like >>64093299 said.
>>
File: smart.png (366 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
smart.png
366 KB, 500x500
>>64093589
>>
>>64093545
Dude lets have patrician sex like greek gods.
>>
>>64092092
I don't get what this hood is, it must be some gay shit.
Columbo is the best rewatchable detective genius tier stuff, especially the 1970's ones. beautiful tv.
I've seen most episodes more than 4 times the 70's ones 6 times plus.
>>
>>64092151
You are worthless so fuck right off.
>>
>>64092092
Midsomer Murders
Inspector Lewis (It has Sheev in it in one season)
Endeavor (prequel to Lewis)
Poirot
Father Cadfael
Miss Fischer
Rockford Files

you're welcome
>>
>>64094560
>Poirot

Shit. Even the author thought the character was terrible. She show has okay sets and stuff but Poirot himself is insufferable.

>Father Cadfael

Very comfy. Wish there were more.
>>
>>64094560
Quite a shit list that desu dude.
>>
Kolchak: The Night Stalker

You're welcome.
>>
>>64094646
>Shit. Even the author thought the character was terrible. She show has okay sets and stuff but Poirot himself is insufferable.

No she didn't hate him because she thought he was a shitty character, she wanted to kill him off because he became too popular and everybody wanted a Poirot novel even though she wanted to go beyond Poirot.

The show is great and David Suchett's portrayal of him is fantastic. I have to say though that the shows are much better than the books at times because sometimes Agatha would half ass the resolution just to get the story out so she could go do a story about someone else.
>>
>>64092092
>>
>>64094790
>No she didn't hate him because she thought he was a shitty character, she wanted to kill him off because he became too popular and everybody wanted a Poirot novel even though she wanted to go beyond Poirot.

That's quite a bit of paraphrasing, anon:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hercule_Poirot

By 1930, Agatha Christie found Poirot "insufferable", and by 1960 she felt that he was a "detestable, bombastic, tiresome, ego-centric little creep". Yet the public loved him and Christie refused to kill him off, claiming that it was her duty to produce what the public liked.[8]
>>
>>64094862
Not going to deny that, Poirot in the books can get incredibly detestable, even if the story is good. That's why I say that the show is much better than the books at times because Suchett's character is always charming even if he does have his occasional fit. Still it was a result of decades of fanpandering.
>>
>>64094974
It is just so bland, dull, pointed, and Poirot half he time needs people around him several orders of magnitude stupider than he is just to look smart.
>>
>>64092698
Columbo is the best take on the "smartest man in the room" gene. Every other character in that genre goes out of their way to show just how smart they are with just about everything they can. Yet, Columbo acts foolish and dumb when around the suspects. He has a way of drawing them out. Then BAM!
>>
I loved this show when i was a kid.
>>
>>64095021
>Poirot half he time needs people around him several orders of magnitude stupider than he is just to look smart.

The same could be said about Sherlock since every one of the detectives is an utter moron. He even treats Watson like crap at times too. I don't find the show boring, I like it, especially the older ones with Hastings and Miss Lemon.

>>64094560
Shit forgot to add:

Foyle's War
The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (Jeremy Brett series not Cumberbitch)
>>
>>64092151
go back to reddit, fedora-kun
>>
>>64095090
I totally missed it when I was a kid. I guess I never got that channel back then (there was only 3 and I had t o be in bed at 8pm). I'd heard of it vaguely, but that's about it. Then again we played out side with sticks all the time back in the day. No time for TV unless it was Saturday morning.
>>
>>64095121
>The same could be said about Sherlock since every one of the detectives is an utter moron.

Totally correct, but he has more charisma and can pull it off. It was also a political statement. Poirot, in the TV show, doesn't and can't.
>>
>>64095218
>Poirot, in the TV show, doesn't and can't.
I disagree but that's my opinion. I love the show and find it entertaining.

Also has one of the best opening themes out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8phR94MbhqM
>>
>>64095168
Watch it online for gods sake m8.I pretty much guarantee you'll watch them again as you grow older. i love Columbo so I will always be unbalanced in my criticism.
>>
>>64095218
>>64095121
Wait, do you mean the TV show "Sherlock" or the character in general? Because the TV show...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sherlock_%28TV_series%29

...Sucks. Every other incarnation of the character has been fine that I've seen. Though, I've not seen that latest movie with him being old and senile.

>>64095269
>Also has one of the best opening themes out there.

Wow we do have vastly different tastes. I absolutely can't stand that theme and must fast forward through it. I find it worse than straight up bad daytime harpsichord on NPR. No offense meant to you, sir.

>>64095302
I'm the OP, fyi.
>>
>>64095352
>latest movie with him being old and senile.

For those curious,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhPPq9cmPCc
>>
>>64095352
Sherlock in the books can be a total and complete asshole. I read the books periodically and Sherlock can be a douchebag, he's a very capable douchebag but he sometimes treats people with contempt and every investigator he works with might as well have eaten paint chips as a kid. I would call it a lazy writing device but back then I don't think they had cliches like that they could reference to indicate that kind of stuff.

I still like the character but yes, he can be a total dick.
>>
>>64095447
I still stand by with my verdict on Poirot "The show has okay sets and stuff but Poirot himself is insufferable." (typo corrected)

You are correct, Sherlock is a dick a lot of times. I still like him in most things. The "stupid cops" in all Sherlock tales are really political satire. I loved Robert Downing Jr's interpretation of the character but I also like Jonny Lee Miller's version a lot too for quite different reasons.
>>
>>64095581
Poirot arrogance is counterbalanced by his goofy appereance and mannerism.

That's why I always tolerated him more than Sherlock Holmes.
>>
>>64095756
well, okay.
>>
>>64094854
Heh.
>>
File: 1.jpg (43 KB, 600x453) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
43 KB, 600x453
>Say can I borrow your pen?
>>
File: columbo.jpg (33 KB, 293x473) Image search: [Google]
columbo.jpg
33 KB, 293x473
>Thanks. You know, my wife, she gives me one every morning, but I just can't seem to hold onto it.
>>
There is only one real Colour Holmes and that is Jeremy Brett.
>>
>that face the suspect makes when Columbo makes that one last revelation and they know they're going down

Satisfaction.
>>
File: screee.gif (486 KB, 255x240) Image search: [Google]
screee.gif
486 KB, 255x240
>those rare occasions when Columbo actually gets angry at someone.
>>
>>64093265
One where the psycho bitch tries to poison Mrs columbo ;__;
>>
This is a GOAT show.

You knew that today they'd make Colombo young (and black) and the show would have explosions and shit.

This show is so tasteful in its execution and the pace is perfect. It shows how a single fucking gun can create a lot of tension not even a million fucking explosions could create because in this case you actuall start caring about the characters and the bad guys arent fucking caricatures but have real motives.
>>
is there any other series without an intro theme tune like columbo?
>>
>>64099287
The wheel... McMillan and Wife, Kojack.. all those shows have a similar production quality. Columbo is one of my all time faves. I've seen every episode at least 5 times.
>>
>>64099287
Perry Mason had the best theme.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PA9t1nSGXXE

Matlock
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQgdfJoxX1s

The Littlest Hobo. Not a detective show per se, but a similar musical style.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgGKSjiw0HQ

Murder She wrote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir5czCiOpsk
>>
>>64092151
I rather agree. I'm decroded enough to have seen them when they first aired, and liked them (I was a kid). McCloud too. But seeing Colombo now it seems rather slow and dated. I prefer Rockford Files and Hawaii 5-0. They have aged better.
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.