[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think George thinks of TFA? Do you think he liked it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
File: 139924-george-lucas.jpg (241 KB, 950x1295) Image search: [Google]
139924-george-lucas.jpg
241 KB, 950x1295
What do you think George thinks of TFA?

Do you think he liked it?
>>
>>64090784
He said it lacks intensity
>>
>>64090820
more like density
>>
>>64090894
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>64090784
/r/ing photoshop of George without the beard
>>
He probably thought it was really good up until Rey achieved everything Luke did in 3 movies in 20 minutes.
>>
he said it's what the fans wanted

i.e. shit for morons who can't appreciate ceramics
>>
>>64090963
Jorge was always more of a world builder than a writer

Maybe

How many of the ship designs and stuff do you think were specifically his ideas?

I wouldn't mind Lucas being a creative consultant as long as he's not actually writing the story or dialogue.
>>
>>64090784
He's probably too proud to admit that using practical sets instead of green screen and CGI for the whole movie was a good idea.
>>
>>64091630
those aliens looked so fucking good
>>
>>64091478
>How many of the ship designs and stuff do you think were specifically his ideas?

Very few. He was like Edison where he had large teams of people coming up with "his" ideas for him. Hence how people like Ralph Mcquarrie came to be involved.
>>
>>64091766
so what did he actually DO
>>
he's probably butthurt that it's everything he failed to do
>>
>>64091787
>fat fucking millionaire with frog chin and is a smug liberal

He supervised of course.
>>
He'd want more ambitious shit and worldbuilding, but I assume he'd understand why they went with what they did.

He's also probably legit confused by Kylo Ren and Finn.
>>
>>64091903
>>64091787
he came up with the idea, pitched it to studios who all laughed at him, started industrial light and magic. stuck with it even after spielberg coppola and the rest laughed at a new hope.
created a revival in escapism movies.
made 4 billion dollars.
donated most to charity.
building affordable housing on his skywalker ranch.
introduced a bunch of 90s babies to the glory of star wars.
made your childhoods.

you fucking faggots piss me off
>>
>>64091911
>He's also probably legit confused with FN and poe bromance
legit gay stuff was not his forte
>>
>>64091990
FOUND GEORGE LUCAS HERE IN THIS TOPIC

GIMME MY MONEY BACK FOR EPISODE 3!
>>
>>64092422
cheap kike complaining about 10 bux for a ticket.
>>
>>64091990
okay that's nice but what does it have to do with the cultural phenomenon of Star Wars

Like how much of it is actually his besides just 'the idea'
>>
He said "it's what the fans have been looking for"

Aka: "it's the same movie I made 35 years ago like you fucking plebs have been asking for"
>>
He probably thinks it's shit. But he knew it anyway.
>>
>>64092499
all of it.
the writers came into smooth out the shit and story . but they were all his original creations, and hes responsible for all of it, the world, the characters, all of it
>>
>>64092499
you call yourself a fan and havnt watched the 2 disc making of shit where they spell all this out for you?
even alec guiness aka obiwan never liked star wars and thought it was retarded. but stuck with it cause he understood george was creating something bigger than him
>>
>>64091990
bro you cant explain things to these people, they cling onto the george is bad xDD maymay cause of vague>muh green screen and because it's the approved thing to do
>>
>>64092602
We're arguing the ship of Theseus here

Is it still George Lucas' if all the writing was done by someone else, and all the concept art was done by someone else? What would Star Wars look like if George directed everything rather than taking what everyone else provided him
>>
>>64092668
Well it wont be the wise old archetype obiwan
the wild scoundrel han solo
the princess leia, the farmboy hero luke
vader, the emperor , tarkin wouldnt exist.
no yoda.
so no it wouldnt be star wars.
stop being a smug fanboy.
>>
>>64090784
He probably laughed at it and said 'well hey I got my money' and walked out of the theater.
>>
>>64092781
Wasn't Han Solo like a lizard in George's first draft or something?
>>
>>64092668
you think mcquarrie would know what goerge was talking about if george didnt say
make a giant furry wookie? why didnt mcquarrie make his own fantasy series then?
and you should see the early concept art. half of em are not in the final because
GEORGE LUCAS PICKED THE ONE HE LIKED FROM THE GUY HE HIRED.
youre talking like fucking jj abrams or any director really is alone responsible for set design,world building, and costume creation when its a team that does it. but in georges case he had his hands into EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THOSE ASPECTS. he got so tired of it he let other people direct the other 2 movies so he wouldnt go bat shit.
fuck off fag
you are retarded.
>>
>>64092806
There was a mountain of moronic shit in his first draft. What brought Star Wars on track from a badly written teen fantasy to an averagely written believable story was the work of his team. He was merely "the idea guy".
>>
>>64092806
go read the first draft of anything and try anduse that as justification for anything.
>>
>>64091990

Hi George. Gary Kurtz and Lawrence Kazdan say it's too bad you didn't call them to talk you out of all your shitty ideas for the prequels, like they did when they carried you through the first trilogy, and then you hogged the limelight.

>>64090784

He probably doesn't understand what makes Ep VII better than his shitty prequels. You cant un-autism people. Just ask OP.
>>
>>64090784
George has shit taste, he made the prequels bad on purpose and approved More American Graffiti.

So I'm sure he loves it.
>>
>>64092870
>>64092870
The first draft was before he even got funding ou dumbass he was working on american graffiti at that point, its a fucking starting point for a fantasy universe.
tolkiens first draft of lotr are alot different too you insufferable little shit.
and how is that moronic?
you accept chewbacca who is a 7 foot samsquach because lucas gave it to you.
people thought chewbacca was stupid as well you fucking dumbass
>>
>>64092927
name 2 things not star wars related those guys did that are actually good.
if you can i will admit im a retard
bonus points if you dont use google but go ahead
Find them.
>>
File: bugs has had enough.jpg (5 KB, 265x190) Image search: [Google]
bugs has had enough.jpg
5 KB, 265x190
>>64092964
>The first edition of The Hobbit has Gollum just give the One Ring to Bilbo
>>
>>64093013
Well Kasdan wrote Raiders and Wyatt Earp
>>
>>64093090
raiders
which is
LUCAS' IDEA.
>>
>>64093080
im not saying lucas is perfect but like all these pseudo auters talking out their fucking assholes like they could have half the imagination of lucas is outstanding isnt it?
>>
please argue more with me.
>rlm fanboys BTFO
>>
File: 1346852720519.gif (3 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
1346852720519.gif
3 MB, 350x262
>>64093175
It's hilarious how these smug basement dwellers talk like they were actually fucking there when Lucas was directing Ep 4. They'll explain in detail who did what and how Lucas just sat on his ass hogging all the glory like it's undeniable fact.
>>
File: 1450822936411.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1450822936411.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>64091990
>tfw we ridiculed and alienated george
>tfw george sold his creation because he knew anything under his name would be forever tarnished
>tfw a directors reputation and a beloved franchise is forever ruined thanks to reddit and plinkett reviews

truly the hero we didn't deserve
im so sorry george
>>
he liked it
>>
He is bound by his contract to say he liked it
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.