[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thanks for making the Storm Troopers Nazis JJ you fucking asshole.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 19
File: image.jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
Thanks for making the Storm Troopers Nazis JJ you fucking asshole.

The Empire was an Ambiguously Evil Totalitarian state, but now, with this big red flag and screaming idiot General Hux, it's not a soulless machine people get drafted into, but a Nazi Cult.

Now there is less humanity or likability for the Storm Troopers and Sith (like there was for Darth Vader)
>>
Another bad mark for TFA, and coincidentally JJ is a Jew

self-pitying over the top bullshit

we can let the Nazi meme die now
>>
The empire was always INSPIRED by Nazi imagery, but now it's just so over the top nazi-fetishism with the "sieg heil but with a fist" and the nuremberg rally shit
>>
I agree with your sentiment, but m8, m8, seriously? They infantry are called fucking stormtroopers. All of the Empire's land vehicles are the same color and have the same blocky, angular shapes as German armor of WWII, the TIE shriek is ripped directly from the Stuka's.

It was always very, very clear which totalitarian state George was using as his model for the empire. I think in this movie it just goes from 'obvious' to 'HEY GOYIM, IF YOUSE DIDN'T KNOW THESE GUYS ARE NAZIS AND ARE GONNA START ANUDDAH SHOAH'.
>>
>>64089206

They were a vague mishmash of Nazi and British Imperial symbolism and structure

this shit was just an over the top Nazi-esque throwback

blood red banners, a not-Nuremberg rally complete with salutes, and a blue-eyed asshole shrieking at the top of his lungs?
>>
>>64089073
stupid goy, just shut up and keep consuming
>>
>>64089258
>vague
>>
>>64089073
>Soulless machine people get drafted to
>Now it's Nazi Cult

You know that not all german soldiers were jew haters, right?

>Now there is less humanity
>Previously they were clones deprived of their own will (Thanks Lucas)
>>
Wasn't the final scene of Anh basically ripped off from Triumph of the Will ? So I guess both sides are kinda Nazi in Star Wars.
>>
>>64089302

What's the fucking problem with 'em being clones?

Better that than nazi cunts following edgy teenager generals.
>>
>>64089412

Cloning people to make them soldiers from birth is evil as fuck. It's inhuman.
>>
lucas should have gave all the clones blonde hair and blue eyes goddamn people are stupid.
>>
>>64089289

Basically just similar outfits, dude.
>>
the empire was always nazis you mental midget
you're 30 years too late, now go ask mommy for a late-term abortion
>>
>Star Wars creator George Lucas sought to make the Galactic Empire aesthetically and thematically similar to Nazi Germany and to appear to be fascist.[2]

Mein Gott! It's another Dresden!

I love how this children's movie triggers pol neckbeards
>>
They were always Nazis, but this movie went over-the-top in their depiction. The whole Hux speech and salute was one big hamfisted allegory.
>>
Stormtroopers fucking sucked in the OT and you know that, OP.
TFA troopers at least shoot properly and can fucking fight
>>
I like the First Order and would love to bash traitors with an electro baton.
>>
>>64089713

why would this new offshoot coalition of the Empire be significantly more Nazi than the old

shot 30 years after WW2

It's just cheap
>>
File: image.jpg (124 KB, 625x415) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
124 KB, 625x415
>>64089073
They always had the red flag. Here's a pic from a comic that came out 11 years ago

Why do the whiny polestinians never know what they're talking about
>>
>>64089713
Yes, but now Nazi throwbacks have to be retarded for people to get them.
>>
I really felt like they had a more imperial Japan feel

>sneak attacks on the republic fleet
>harnessing the power of a sun
>snoke is larger then life much like Hirohito
>the slaughter of civilians at the beginning who din du nuffin except defend themselves
>the resistance is like the flying tigers

Did nobody else get the feel this movie was crafted for the Chinese audience to relate to?
>>
They've literally always been Nazis. JewJew overdid the pottery, but he didn't change anything.
>>
>>64089718

I feel like the movie went over-the-top in general. It was Jurassic World-tier in its references to the original.
>>
>>64089073
They're literally called STORMTROOPERS and you think TFA is responsible for making them Nazi-like?

>Ambiguously Evil

Yeah blowing up a peaceful planet of millions of inhabitants with no weapons sure is ambiguous
>>
>>64089837
hah, good point anon
makes sense if you think about it
They do act like the Japs in "The Flowers of War" (a chinese movie about the Nanking rape starring Christian Bale)
>>
>>64089761

Because tfa is the equivalent of world war 2. Prequels were the american civil war and it was WWI.
>>
File: image.jpg (172 KB, 1024x717) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172 KB, 1024x717
Reminder that 30 years ago the japs made even more obvious space nazis as villains and 4chubs never got buttblasted
>>
>>64089073
Ok
>>
>>64089916
But Zeon was always that way.
>>
>>64089888

>DEY DINDU NUFFIN!
>DEY HAD NO WEAPONS
>DET WUZ PEACEFUL N SHEEIT

Alderaan's senator was a fucking rebel traitor and a spy. She killed her own people with her treason.
>>
>>64089853
I think it makes sense. It's like the Germans getting btfo by Treaty of Versailles. They need a strong leader to unify them. They radicalize and finally strike. OT is WWI and the sequels are WWII.
>>
>>64089853

God, it's true

TFA is the Jurassic World of the Star Wars movies

just a cheap spectacle
>>
>>64089974
So was the empire. See above posts
>>
>>64089853
I'm with you on that. Like JW, it's just a bigger, louder remake of the original.
>>
>>64090005
Star Wars have never been anything more than a spectacle. You're putting it on a pedestal. They're just flicks.
>>
>>64089073
>The Empire was ambiguously evil
Fucking wew Lado
>>
>>64089982
>blow up a whole planet because a senator is a spy

No wonder you nazi cucks lost the war and became Muslim loving sjws
>>
>>64090087
they also wanted to test the weapon.
>>
>>64089073
Look on the bright side. Stormtrooper is finally main character in Star Wars. That sound great, right?

Right?
>>
>>64089982
>This is what Empirefags actually believe

Yeah the Empire have such ambiguous morality, slaughtering Jawas and helpless moisture farmers because they can't find some droids

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTKHZN8c2L8
>>
Yes, they are supposed to be Nazis, just like in the Original Trilogy

Man I wish /pol/ was a LITERAL containment board with the posters IP address being logged and banned the instant he makes a post on a board other than /pol/

We would experience a massive boost in discussion quality overnight. One can dream
>>
>>64090067

>Star Wars has never been anything more than a spectacle

You couldn't be more wrong JJ
>>
I do see what's wrong with portraying evil people as evil.
>>
>>64089982
You sound like you're fifteen.
>>
>>64089073

>Nazis
>Evil
>>
>>64090159
adam driver is evil?
>>
>>64090133

>SJW ignores the valid points brought up in this thread and instead focuses on a cheap platitude he made up himself and launches into self righteous monologue

more at 11
>>
>>64090148
You're lying to yourself. Star Wars is nothing more that a blockbuster. Only one film can truly be held as a great work of art. It's just a product to sell toys and popcorn.
>>
>>64090182
From a certain point of view.
>>
>>64090123

You really expect me to believe the empire killed them when it wast even shown onscreen? All we have is Obi Wan's word and he is a notorious liar. Obi wan probably paid the sand people to murder Luke's family to radicalize him.
>>
>>64090198

Do you expect me to take your opinion seriously? You're just on another plane of thought, that's fine but you aren't a real fan of Star Wars so I don't have much to say to you.
>>
>>64090180
They were more incompetent than they were evil. Also cowardly, they never had a post occupation insurgency like even Albania and Ethiopia did in the same war
>>
>>64090255
>aren't a real fan

No true Scotsman neckbeard is back. I'm sorry you've been completely snowed by a product meant to push toys.
>>
That's a good point - did JJ just call you anti-Semitic for liking the Sith?
>>
File: 4cKaA.gif (554 KB, 295x221) Image search: [Google]
4cKaA.gif
554 KB, 295x221
>>64090252
>You really expect me to believe the empire killed them when it wast even shown onscreen?
>>
File: 1359317909791.jpg (96 KB, 640x356) Image search: [Google]
1359317909791.jpg
96 KB, 640x356
>>64090292

You have revealed it with your language, I didn't need to pull a buzzword fallacy out of a hat.
>>
>>64090270
literally what the fuck are you saying
>>
>>64089073
If giant flags and military parade formations are Nazi now then I guess every military on the planet is Nazi.

The only Nazi imagery you're seeing is the imagery your retarded brain is conjuring up.
>>
The problem with the First Order is that they are cartoonishly evil and don't command the same fear and respect the Empire had. Now, that may be the point, considering they came from the remnants of the Empire, but it still comes across as silly. From Snoke's "GENERAL" to Hux aping Adolf with his speech and Kylo's tantrums, there's little reason to take the enemy seriously and view them as a threat.
>>
>>64090358

do you have an IQ of 70

peep those banners in the back dumbshit
>>
>>64090316
You're a sad person. I hope things get better for you.
>>
File: 1421537593472.png (101 KB, 484x491) Image search: [Google]
1421537593472.png
101 KB, 484x491
>>64090397

You're the one wasting your time in a thread about a movie you don't even really care about, trying to lecture people about something they do

I mean, that's the embodiment of having nothing to life for

Go pick up a hobby you turd
>>
>>64090381
OH SHIT BANNERS? The Nazis had banners too!

I guess you're right anon :^)
>>
why are jewish americans still so obsessed with nazis anyway? israelis aren't like that
>>
>>64090449
the us gained most of its power during ww2 supposidly. it isnt just jews.
>>
File: TR-8R.png (492 KB, 573x528) Image search: [Google]
TR-8R.png
492 KB, 573x528
>>64090117
TRAITOR
>>
>>64090440

Alright, I'll spoonfeed your little ass

>same crimson color as Nazi banners
>emblem reminiscent of the swastika
>blue eyed asshole screaming to a contingent of perfect formation, complete with a Nazi-tier salute at the end

what else do you need

do you need Adolf Hitler to actually be up there?
>>
>>64090252
Obi Wan's force ghost for the secret final boss of the Star Wars movies.
>>
>>64090493
I don't think the emblem looks Nazi at all. All other points are valid, though.
>>
>>64090358
>If giant flags and military parade formations are Nazi now then I guess every military on the planet is Nazi.

According to lefties it literally is.
>>
>>64090449
You're kidding right? Israel has been using MUH HOLOCAUST for decades to excuse their encroachment on Palestinian borders and their general war crimes.
>>
>>64089073

Ironically TFA is the first Star Wars movie to actually show a stormtrooper's humanity.
>>
>>64090493

HOLY SHIT DIRECT NAZI REFERENCE

>emblem reminiscent of the swastika

How in the ever living FUCK does that emblem even come close to resembling a Swastika?

>>blue eyed asshole screaming to a contingent of perfect formation, complete with a Nazi-tier salute at the end

They literally did a black power first. You're reading WAY WAY too much into this.

>do you need Adolf Hitler to actually be up there?

Jesus Christ, fuck off JIDF.
>>
>>64089073
It's pretty funny coming from a Jew director. Extremely subtle there JJ.
>>
File: 1351492304999.jpg (11 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1351492304999.jpg
11 KB, 256x256
>>64090573

This is beyond delusion
>>
>>64090556
Finn was hardly a stormtrooper in the first place.
>>
>>64090573

Do you have actual autism? Do you not understand subtext or context clues or basic subtleties of film?
>>
>>64089073
>The Empire was an Ambiguously Evil Totalitarian state

>literally called their soldiers Stormtroopers, a term used by the German forces
>>
>>64090493
But as >>64090540 said this is what unbelievably retarded leftists believe so it doesn't surprise me you would believe this.
>>
File: HELP HELP ITS TERRIBLE.png (2 MB, 1894x1077) Image search: [Google]
HELP HELP ITS TERRIBLE.png
2 MB, 1894x1077
>>64089073
>tfw you actually grow some sense of pity for the stormtroopers as they get blasted away because of their backstory

Fuck you JJ for making me feel sympathy for the stormtroopers. They're supposed to be faceless mooks that are supposed to get slaughtered without care.
>>
>>64090616
They used that term during WWI. Just stop, you don't know anything.
>>
>>64090614
>Do you have actual autism?
He's defending Star Wars on a Congolese cigar-rolling imageboard, on Christmas. What do you think.
>>
>>64090550
I feel like Israel just doesn't give a shit about what other countries say. And the reason they get away with it isn't only the holocaust, but the fact that the west created the whole problem themselves by giving them the land.

>>64090573
Do you even fucking know what JIDF stands for you idiot?
>>
>>64090493

or Soviets, or China

>>emblem reminiscent of the swastika

Nah

>>blue eyed asshole screaming to a contingent of perfect formation, complete with a Nazi-tier salute at the end

perfect formations are common for all military parades
>>
>>64090654
Jew Infested Degenerate Faggot
>>
File: Luke.png (461 KB, 800x496) Image search: [Google]
Luke.png
461 KB, 800x496
>what is the bitch doing on my island
>don't step on that grass, it's sacred Jedi grass
>that's the wrong lightsaber
>why didn't i choose the dark side, dad was pretty cool
>a long time ago, still flying with a rotor mobile
>is she happy? sad? angry? what expression is that on her face
>>
>>64089073
The First Order =/= The Empire
>>
File: image.jpg (61 KB, 561x367) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61 KB, 561x367
>>64090550
Perhaps palis should not be such fatasses, maybe they wouldn't get btfo all the time

>in b4 "remember muh nakba Im Calling the UN!"
>>
>>64090682

>my feet hurt
>>
>>64090661

>you couldn't serve up a better sci-fi Star Wars Nuremberg facsimile without plainly and explicitly hanging Swastika banners and having Hitler give the speech
>and people like this will still exist
>>
>Actually called "Stormtroopers"
>Not Nazis

Pick one
>>
>>64089767
Le Based Sheeve
>>
>>64090757
All these faggots thinking they know history.

It was used during WWI, dipshit.
>>
>>64090654
>And the reason they get away with it isn't only the holocaust, but the fact that the west created the whole problem themselves by giving them the land.
The reason they get away with it is because the US banks them. If we were to stop aiding and abetting Israel, the U.N. would tear them a new asshole and the mudslimes would overrun their walled city. Israel would be scoured from the face of the Earth in less than a year.
>>
>>64090597
>>64090614
Please, feel free to counter my points.
>>
>>64090828
>If we were to stop aiding and abetting Israel, the U.N. would tear them a new asshole and the mudslimes would overrun their walled city.

If you actually believe this you need to hop off the Star Wars fanfic and actually pull up a book or two.
>>
File: alderaanshotfirst.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
alderaanshotfirst.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>64089888
Firstly sturmtruppen were troppers whose role was to storm the enemy trenches in the Great war

Secondly they were just reacting to Alderaani aggression
>>
>>64090828
Read a history book kiddo

>>64090680
Please say this is a bad joke
>>
>>64090925
If you're this gullible to believe military formations, banners and hand salutes are Nazi then the filth has already rotted your brain out.
>>
>actually watching this garbage
lol
>>
>Now there is less humanity or likability for the Storm Troopers and Sith (like there was for Darth Vader)

Now you're just being retarded. There are legitimate complaints against this film, Stormtroopers having slightly stronger Nazi overtones is not fucking one.

Merry Christmas guys.
>>
>>64089713
hello reddit
>>
>>64089073
The Empire and The First Order obviously do things differently don't they?!?!?!?
>>
>>64090973
I haven't even participated in the discussion on whether or not this is nazi symbolism. I asked a guy if he knew what JIDF stood for since he used it in an wrong way, but nice strawman.
>>
>>64089713
this
>>
>>64091031

>Empire is like the German Empire, strong militarism and pragmatism with an absolutist ruler
>First Order is like the Nazis, overcompensating militarism as knee jerk reaction to defeat, trying to emulate the Empire while trying to delineate itself as something new

POTTERY
O
T
T
E
R
Y
>>
>>64089635
Which is explored in the show that Lucas created, The Clone Wars, which deals with the difficulty of having people destined to die and their ability to live their own lives despite this.
>>
>>64091083
>used the term JIDF wrong
>against someone supporting the idea the Empire is literally Nazi Germany

I don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>64090828
You want Muslims to have more land?
>>
>>64089073
>i cant believe they turned the imperials into nazis
have you guys ever seen star wars or is it primetime for australian shitposting?
>>
>>64089073
The empire was always i spired by nazi germany you mong. Look at the shape of darth vaders helmet and the uniform of the officers in the first star wars. They just played it up a little more in TFA
>>
>>64090114
...and scare the entire galaxy. Might of worked a little too well.
>>
>>64091241
>uh oh, the empire has guns
>you know who else had guns? NAZI GERMANY
>>
>>64089073
>implying shittons of nazis didn't watch this movie and think this part was awesome

awfully presumptuous
>>
>>64091187
>the show that Lucas created
That he licensed.
>>
>>64089073

The Empire always had a Nazi aesthetic. It's just the First Order are like the SS: they're the most hardcore Nazis, the holdouts that never gave up.
>>
>>64091284
>Look at the shape of Darth Vader's helmet

I'll give you that. It does look eerily similar to Adolf Hitler's Sith helmet.

>uniform of the officers in the first star wars

Look at the officer uniforms of nearly every military involved in WWII.
>>
>>64091206
>two guys arguing
>one guy attacks the movie for making the bad guys a clear parallel to the nazis
>said guy is then called part of JIDF

How is he defending jews by pointing out what he believes to be a cheap bullshit move?
>>
>>64091314

Who doesn't like parades and in sync troops?
>>
>>64091328
Lucas was actually pretty heavily involved with the Clone Wars.
>>
>>64089073
>Thanks for making the Storm Troopers Nazis

And that is bad why?
>>
>>64091410
Because they also made one of their leaders a cuckold
>>
>Hux
>Idiot

He was the coolest character in the movie next to Poe and TR8R, and the most awesomely overdramatic.
>>
>>64091368
Because they're not "clear parallels" to the Nazis, you're just buying into that BS.
>>
>>64091345
The helmet flange was a unique stylistic choice used by the Nazis in WWII to distinguish themselves from other soldiers and reinforce their perceived role as crusaders.
>>
File: Macarthur_hirohito.jpg (136 KB, 650x802) Image search: [Google]
Macarthur_hirohito.jpg
136 KB, 650x802
>>64089837
>Hirohito
>larger than anything
>>
>>64089073
>Now there is less humanity or likability for the Storm Troopers
Are you an idiot? TFA does pretty good job of actually making stormtroopers MORE human.

>That dying stormtrooper in the beginning
>They are regular people with their own thinking as shown by Finn
>TR-8R shows that they actually have beliefs and some are loyal to the cause
>Those two guys doing 180 when Kylo looses his shit
>Those two guys chatting about some random stuff when protagonists infiltrate the base
>>
>>64089888
>He does not know about Alderaan
They were birthplace of rebellion and they were the rebllion's major backer with everything from finance to equipment.

obliterating Alderaan is comparable to firebombing of Dresden or nuking of Hiroshima and Nagasaki.
>>
>>64091538
You realize it was a modified version of the same helmet they used during WWI, right?

Right?
>>
>>64091547
It's a /pol/ shitposting thread, my friend, no need to spout truth in here. Someone might even tell you to go back to reddit if you're not careful talking so much sense.
>>
>>64091616
There's a pretty clear difference between the WW1 and WW2 helmet, and Vader's is closer to the second.
>>
>>64091607
>Obliterating Alderaan is like one of these other various atrocities

great
>>
>>64089635
Because kidnapping children and brainwash them is any better.
>>
File: long live sheev.jpg (41 KB, 700x409) Image search: [Google]
long live sheev.jpg
41 KB, 700x409
>>64091712
I am just saying it was not some random act of evil, it was justifiable. Empire was fighting war, and destroying primary backer of the rebellion was one way of trying to end it quicker and save millions of lives.

also never forget the million of stormtroopers and presumably civilian staff that died on the two death stars
>>
>>64091754
They werent even clones in the OT either but volunteers
>>
>>64091794
OT stormtroopers were mixture of clones, volunteers and conscripts. But if we go by the old EU (Not sure if its mentioned in rebels) majority of stormtroopers were volunteers.
>>
>>64091607
>equipment
but Alderaan was canonically a disarmed world without any military capacity/weapons technology
It was definitely a non-military target. Tarkin himself specifies: "if you would like another target, a military target, tell us the location of the rebel base."

It wasn't justifiable. It was an atrocity and genocide on a planetary scale. I get it, you're a stormfag, but you have to yield to logic eventually.
>>
>>64091848
Wouldn't the clones all have died of old age?
>>
>>64091793
>Death Star
>civilian staff
Being an Army cook doesn't make you civilian staff. There's no civilian staff on an airplane carrier. Why would there be civilian staff on a Death Star?
>>
>>64091898
That's the retcon explanation to explain why there are no clones in ANH

They all "age too quickly"
>>
>>64091898
In what third world shithole do you life where life expectancy is lower than 50? The US?
>>
>>64091898
They kept producing new clones, albeit in much smaller scale and from number of different sources.

>>64091889
>I get it, you're a stormfag, but you have to yield to logic eventually.
what the actual fuck?
All i am saying is that destroying Alderaan is comparable to nuking of Hiroshima and firebombing of Dresden. Take of that what you will.

Also canonically they were backing the rebellion financially and the Alderaanian elites were mostly supportive of it in one form or other.
>>
>>64091970
Clones look all equal to jangos, maybe late 30s, in 2, and werent they like 10?
>>
>>64091889

It wasn't more despicable that leveling Warsaw, or Dresden or Nagasaki.

It was a war crime to force a quick end of the war.
>>
>>64092012
Good point but they probably stop their accelerated growth once they get out of the vat growing thing
>>
>>64089661
"stormtroopers"
>>
>>64091994
>All i am saying is that destroying Alderaan is comparable to nuking of Hiroshima and firebombing of Dresden
But I've already explained why it wasn't. Hiroshima and Nagasaki were both military targets. They were cities in a nation which was actively waging war against the United States, whereas Alderaan was an independent world suspected of financing the rebellion but with no official ties to it.

It would basically be the equivalent of nuking a city in Russia during the Vietnam war because Russia was suspected of funneling weapons to the Vietcong. It would not be seen as justifiable or as a 'military target.'
>>
>>64092045
Educate yourself retard
>>
>>64089767
That's the republic.
Those are clone troopers.
>>
File: 1450659944990.jpg (302 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
1450659944990.jpg
302 KB, 1600x1200
>>64089073
>all of these people refusing to accept that stormtroopers have always been based around the Nazis
prepare to be BTFO

he stormtroopers from the movies share a name with the Nazi stormtroopers (see also Sturmabteilung). Imperial officers' uniforms also resemble some historical German Army uniforms (see Wehrmacht) and the political and security officers of the Empire resemble the black clad SS down to the imitation silver death's head insignia on their officer's caps. World War II terms were used for names in Star Wars; examples include the planets Kessel (a term that refers to a group of encircled forces), Hoth (Hermann Hoth was a German general who served on the snow laden Eastern Front), and Tatooine (Tataouine - a province south of Tunis in Tunisia, roughly where Lucas filmed for the planet; Libya was a WWII arena of war).[17] Palpatine being Chancellor before becoming Emperor mirrors Adolf Hitler's role as Chancellor before appointing himself Dictator. The Great Jedi Purge alludes to the events of The Holocaust, the Great Purge, the Cultural Revolution, and the Night of the Long Knives. In addition, Lucas himself has drawn parallels between Palpatine and his rise to power to historical dictators such as Julius Caesar, Napoleon Bonaparte, and Adolf Hitler. The final medal awarding scene in A New Hope, however, references Leni Riefenstahl's Triumph of the Will.[18] The space battles in A New Hope were based on filmed World War I and World War II dogfights.[2]
>>
>>64091400
Back to /mlp/
>>
>>64092060
Nuking Hiroshima and Nagasaki had little impact on actual Japanese war machine. It was primarily psychological and strategical decision that would force them to accept the surrender out of reasons other than war exhaustion.

Its the same with Alderaan. Weapon capable of planet destruction does just that, it might force rebellion leaders to surrender despite still having military strength.

Taking out major rebellion supporter is just huge icing on the cake.
>>
>people on /tv/ didnt know the empire was always suppose to be nazis

god damn nigger you sure are fucking stupid.
>>
>>64089204
Actually Italian Fascism mate, look at the uniforms.
>>
First Order being full on nazi does kind of make sense. I mean if you think of the old empire as WW1 German Empire equivalent, First Order being Nazi Germany is kind of logical.
>>
>>64091970
Didn't clones age at twice the normal rate?
>>
>Implying the empire wasn't space nazis in the OT
Are you people fucking retarded
>>
>>64092040
They weren't in the cloning vats until adults, they came out as young children. Their DNA was altered for accelerated growth/aging
>>
>>64092309
Also the same name pretty much
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_%28Nazism%29
>>
>>64092341
I think they just had an accelerated youth. And living to old age was apparently not a pressing concern when you're in the republic military being lead by pacifist hippies with glow sticks.
>>
>>64091539
Not literally, silly. He was 'descended' from the goddess of the sun and most people heard his voice for the first time when he announced Japan's surrender.
>>
>>64093162
>most people heard his voice for the first time when he announced Japan's surrender.
Should have done the bane voice desu.
>>
>>64089073
I don't care about that....

ITS THE FUCKING OVER POWERED WEAPON!
FUCKING HYPER LIGHT BEAM THAT NEEDS A WHOLE STAR!? A FUCKING STAR!?

Do you really need 100% of a star to do that?!? For the same price they could have built 1000 Death Stars!

But the fact that it can destroy a solar system from across the galaxy! Who was the writer that sat down and said...

>hmm, thats plausible

WHO!? WHOooooooo!!
>>
But the nazis were literally the good guys.
So the empire is good?
>>
>>64091345
Also consider the final scene in Star Wars when Leia is giving Han and Luke their medals. The shafts of light in the background were, in all likelihood, influenced by Leni Riefenstahl's "Triumph of the Will."
>>
>>64092076
And I can totally go look up whatever you want me to learn about from your super insightful post, faggot.
>>
This thread turned straight to shit.

Reported.
>>
>>64089073
Storm troopers are way more likeable and personable now just because of how they are portrayed in action scenes to have individual personalities. Newsflash The New Order isn't The Empire so the stormtroopers aren't going to act the same as they did under The Empire.
>>
>>64091954
The Death Star wasn't a plane. It was the equivalent of a base. There are tons of civilian employees on a base.
>>
>>64095013
Sorry, wasn't an aircraft carrier. My bad.
>>
>>64089912
You're just pulling that out of your ass.
>>
>>64089916
> Garma and Dozle
> Nazi
> Not picking Gihren
Ya blew it.
>>
>>64089204
"Seig heil but with a fist"

You mean the Socialist salute?
>>
Why is there even a Resistance? The New Republic was saved thanks to the Alliance. The Empire dissolved the Senate once it no longer needed its corrupt people to carry out the mission because of the Death Star was able to enforce through fear no longer needing the bureaucracy. Why would the Republic be inactive against The Order? Just send the entire clone army to stop them.
>>
>>64089073
>2015
>not being a Space Nazi
>>
File: 1448372180697.png (59 KB, 194x186) Image search: [Google]
1448372180697.png
59 KB, 194x186
>>64090252

>All we have is Obi Wan's word and he is a notorious liar.

This is actually true.
>>
>>64089912
TFA is basically amalgation of WW2 and cold war.

>>64095346
>Why would the Republic be inactive against The Order?
For the exact same reason Britain and France were inactive against Nazi Germany.

Its pretty obvious metaphor for interbellum period.
>Empire gets defeated and reduced to rump, weak state . However that weak state begins rapid militarization and preparation for another war. But New Republic ignores it, believing they are not capable of becoming a threat, until its too late.
Its literally what happened with Interwar Germany and Third Reich's inception.

Only thing different is the resistance, which i suppose would be equal to Churchill flying to Bavaria and funding separatist movement covertly funded by Britain whose purpose would be keeping Third Reich in check.
>>
they were based off the nazis back in 1977 what are you retarded?
>>
>>64095475
Really, i kind of like with what have they done with the post-OT political situation. Sure its basically carbon copy of real life Europe, but i think that just gives it that extra hint of realism and believability. But taking it too far and making Snoke galactic civil war veteran would probably be a bit too much.
>>
>>64095346
they didn't want to fight anymore and just wanted to chill out. They didn't see the remnants of the empire as a threat to the galaxy for some reason.
Leia along with many other alliance members wanted to take them out before they got strong again, but they just said no and called her a warmonger. The ones who agreed with Leia became the new resistance and oppose the first order while the republic sits and watches
>>
>>64089073
>Thanks for making the Storm Troopers Nazis JJ you fucking asshole.
They always were, he just made them the Jewish caricature of nazis.

Real nazis: tried to unify Europe to protect it against the imminent Soviet threat

Empire: tried to unify the galaxy to protect it against the imminent Yuuzhan Vong invasion

Just fyi.
>>
OY VEY REMEMBER THE 6 BILLION
>>
>>64089073
They were always nazis in space. George has never made a secret of it; he's been upfront about it since the first movie.
>>
>>64089073
>hating Nazis

Don't cut yourself on that edge, kid
>>
>>64089713

/thread
>>
>>64092341
Pretty much. Although Boba Fett was the only unaltered clone and lived a normal lifespan
>>
Yeah, meme!
>>
>>64090067

The OT was and still is a world-wide phenomenon, have you been living on Tatooine?
>>
>>64089073

>Stormtroopers

>Only just Nazis

Do American's know a single fucking thing that happened before their own lifetime, or are they not taught that because it will destroy their sense of union between every race and religion there is? Which,of course is the foundation of the USA.

which they forget on a daily basis baka desu senpai
>>
>>64095013
Do I need to link the Clerks scene where they explain why this is an outdated theory?
>>
>>64089916
And a lot of Zeon fanboys turn out to often have beliefs that are very /pol/.

The problem is a lot of Star Wars fans who liked their bad guys because they were a fascist dystopia without the Nazi parallels. The Specials added a scene of people on Coruscant celebrating Sheev's death because some polling found fans thought most humans probably lived well under the Empire and were happy in it.
>>
File: Punished TR8-T0R.jpg (197 KB, 1500x950) Image search: [Google]
Punished TR8-T0R.jpg
197 KB, 1500x950
Did he die?
>>
File: 1432181961884.gif (1 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
1432181961884.gif
1 MB, 500x281
>>64090490
>build weapon capable of combating lightsabers
>give it to 1 random ass soldier for what was supposed to be a routine mission
>>
>>64091794

EU OT troopers included clones even before the prequels. They had quick-cloning facilities where they grew troopers in like a year and gave them implant memories.
>>
I was trying not to fall asleep in the movie, i'm still falling asleep.
>>
>>64089073
Have you seen those officers' uniforms? They were always very obviously Nazis.
>>
MUH NAZIS is literally the lazies type of villain-creation and shows how fucking dumb JJ really is
>>
>>64100142
MUH JOOS is literally the laziest type of shitposting and shows how fucking dumb /pol/memers really are
>>
Where the FUCK do you think the term Stormtroopers came from you fuckwit? What do you think the company fronts in Empire were? The uniforms? The red imagery?

Jesus Christ people are fucking moronic.
>>
>>64100170
>jews have been hated for 3000 years

feels good mang
>>
>>64100205
>excepting critical thinking from /pol/
>expecting /pol/ to believe facts against their narrative and victimhood
Maybe you should make a shitty jpeg telling them what to think
>>
>>64100264
I'm on /tv/ though.

Guess they invade everywhere.
>>
>>64089073
>made by a Jewish company
>directed by a Jew
>getting mad about nazi symbolism

You might as well get mad about the race mixing of black male x white female and so on...
>>
Why even bother with training humans compared to clones? Humans have the ability to rebel against The Order, so much so that there is a protocol for dealing with insubordination. And you wouldn't need to give speeches to soldiers if they were perfectly loyal. No downside to clones unless the Order has just a rule against clones (it doesn't because when Ren asks why not just use clones, the captain responds that his people are adequate, not threatening him to call Dokes)
>>
Weren't there blacks and Latinos in the First Order? I saw a couple pressing buttons in the ops stations.
>>
you guys are a bunch of pussies

the only thing i hope for is that the first order is shown as completely effectual with an ability to make tactically sound decisions everywhere.
aside from that, the imagery is GOAT
>>
>>64100599
yes. literally a female latina shown in the starkiller base operating something
>>
>>64098816
It's just riot gear with an electrified baton. Lightsabers don't go through energy fields like that, it's why they reflect blasters and darth maul even tapped those red energy shield things in Phantom Menace. It's not an anti-lightsaber weapon, he was probably there to subdue the people at the bar. You also don't know he was the only one there that had one.
Thread replies: 209
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.