[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MMFR or SWTFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: Medmexfunkyroad.jpg (167 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
Medmexfunkyroad.jpg
167 KB, 1200x800
Which is better /tv/
new Mad Max or new Star Wars?

http://strawpoll.me/6362180

Both are simple action movies did great with critics but a lot of people here seem to hate them. They're both somewhat reboots and have stronk female protagonists.

Im sure a lot would agree but overall I'd say Fury Road has a lot more going for it. Visually it's more creative and ambitious. Both had good practical effects but utilized CGI where it needed but the redundant spectacle of TFA was actually kind of boring. Despite both being shot on film, FR sometimes looks too color graded while TFA mostly looks a little more authentic even though it'd nowhere near as visually interesting.
Also Furiosa is less of a Mary Sue then Rey
>>
Personally I prefer TFA cause I like the characters and actually give a shit about what happens to them. The only one who got close to that in MMFR for me was the war boy and he was a bit character.
>>
>>64088590
Hating Mad Max is a meme, hating TFA is an honest reaction
>>
>>64088590
>Both had good practical effects but utilized CGI where it needed but the redundant spectacle
You are sooo wrong about this...
>>
Fury Road is the best film of 2015.
>>
>>64088590
>Also Furiosa is less of a Mary Sue then Rey
Furiosa was an imperator, she was expected to be highly skilled.
>>
If anything characters were the best thing TFA had going for it
>>
>>64088590
Mad Max is objectively the better film, but I enjoyed TFA a lot more
>>
>>64088659
>bit character
>Nux
>minor character
I wouldn't be surprised if he has more lines than Max in the movie and he sure as hell has the second biggest personal arc after Furiosa. Hell, more happens during his arc than Furiosa's.
>>
>>64088590
Not even a competition. MMFR was actually a well made revival of a franchise whose last installment was literal decades ago that tells a new story and has an incredible female lead role. TFA is a cash in and panders to nostalgiafags and has a Mary Sue running around for 90% of the movie.
>>
They're both trash. Develop some taste or go back to /b/
>>
>>64088726
How?
>>
>>64088897
/thread
>>
>>64088841
>has an incredible female lead role.
What movie?
>>
File: 1398112046629.jpg (76 KB, 495x495) Image search: [Google]
1398112046629.jpg
76 KB, 495x495
>>64088841
>and has a Mary Sue running around for 90% of the movie.
>using this argument when defending Furious Furiousa
>>
>>64089137

she needs Max and Max needs her

they have complementary skills
>>
>>64089137
Have you seen this movie? Furiousa is deeply flawed. She fucks up a ton and needs Max to help her plenty of times. On the other hand, she helps Max plenty of times as well.
>>
>>64088590

Mad Max is better.

Female lead in TFA is a fucking Mary Sue that is capable of doing everything and solving every problem. Furiosa on the other hand spends most of the time behind the wheel and needs help.

In addition TFA is full of bad pacing, deus ex machina moments and scenes that ride on nostalgia train. i could go on but if you like TFA no matter how many arguments I make and how I dissect it you will still like that piece of shit movie.
>>
Fury Road is about ten thousand times better than TFA.
>>
>>64089150
>she needs Max
Yes, as an inanimate object to help her steady her rifle.
>Max needs her
To kill the bad guys for him because he is now a beta pussy
>>
>>64088986
that newfag samefagging
>>
i had a better time watching TFA but it's way overrated
>>
mad max was way better cus it has tom hardy in it <3 <3 <3
>>
>>64089228
cool it hothead
>>
>>64089216
Furiosa takes out only a few guys. Max is doing everything while she mostly drives
>>
File: Immortan-Joe-wants-you-banner.jpg (89 KB, 535x280) Image search: [Google]
Immortan-Joe-wants-you-banner.jpg
89 KB, 535x280
>>64088590
I was much more entertained by MMFR, maybe because star wars guns shooting fake red laser bolts always struck me as fake and gay as shit... MMFR at least has realistic violence and sci fi elements. Star Wars is just gay as fuck and now drowning in liberal politics to boot. Its literally unwatchable.
>>
>>64089216

She has the plan but Max does a lot of the heavy lifting
>>
mission impossible whatever the new ones called
>>
>>64088679
>it's only an honest reaction when it's hating someone I hate too!
christ, you children need some perspective
>>
>>64089216
>who is the Bullet Farmer
>>
>>64089859
For all we know he blew himself up and Max just took credit for it.
>>
>>64088590
Star wars is overrated garbage for manchildren
>>
>>64089859
A non character with 4 lines that dies offscreen after being blinded by Furiosa.
>>
>>64088590
They both are in their own categories.
Star Wars for one of the worst and Mad Max for one of the best at the top.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.