[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone else find this strangely cathartic? Mike not hating
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: HITB-100-Still-300x169.jpg (24 KB, 300x169) Image search: [Google]
HITB-100-Still-300x169.jpg
24 KB, 300x169
Did anyone else find this strangely cathartic?
Mike not hating a new Star Wars movie is probably the most geniually emotional thing the RLM guys will ever catch on film...
>>
I don't know, I don't care.

Are they doing something special for new year's day?
>>
>>64086448
They always have a stream a thon.
>>
>>64086400

the way Mike's voice broke when he said "it was everything i hoped it would be" right at the beginning, you could tell it was really important to him
>>
The best part of them not hating the movie is the 180 /tv/ has done with regards to RLM. This board can't handle the people who started the prequel hate meme actually liking the new movie.
>>
Shit quality review for their standards, nothing memorable except that it was about Star Wars. Plinkett didn't even make an appearance for fuck's sake.

Merry Christmas.
>>
>>64086494

I believe they said no stream this year, might have changed their minds though.
>>
>jews hate gentile star wars and love jewish star wars
shocking
>>
>>64086559
No stream. Why would they? It's all about the money. And they don't need to do stream anymore to after Disney paid them off
>>
File: Spaced.jpg (37 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
Spaced.jpg
37 KB, 500x282
>>64086535
>started the prequel hate meme

I was there. I was old enough to have seen the re-releases at the theaters and cognizant enough to know from the start that there was something wrong with Phantom Menace and up. And I shared my disappointment with other like minded people online. The only thing the Plinkett reviews really did was gather all the common criticisms into one entertaining package.
>>
>>64086559
>no stream this year
What a bunch of lazy cunts.
>>
>>64086400
Disney marketeers can't keep getting away with these threads.
>>
>>64086736
All the kiddos went and saw it again last night.
>>
>watching Disney shills
>>
File: joy2.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joy2.png
1 MB, 1280x720
>>64086525
That sounded like the most sincere thing I've ever heard him say in a video.
>>
>>64086535

>underage /b/tard thinks prequels were liked in their time
>>
>>64086783
And the Best of the Worst they followed it with was so great because everyone seemed to be having fun, including Mike. Whatever rut he was in, I think it's passed.
>>
>>64086823
I liked them in their time and today too.
>>
Do you think he influenced JJ a bit? We know Simon Pegg showed him Plinket reviews and that he liked them. And it was before we was chosen as teh director of TFA. Perhaps he remembered the reviews and all the advice in it when he was making it. So nothing that would earn Mike credit as the writer or anything but it might have influenced him somehow. Made him remember what he needs to include in the movie.
>>
I didn't like the Star Wars review. On the other hand I'm not planning on seeing it in the near future anyway. I just found the review boring.
>>
I cannot stand these guys.
>>
>>64086922
Actually Disney picked JJ because of Plinkett.
>>
>>64086400
>>64086525
>>64086783
>>64086890
Star Wars: The Force Awakens® IS EVERYTHING THESE INTERNET REVIEWERS HOPED IT WOULD BE (YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENS NEXT!)
>>
>>64086400
Why do you act like "hating star wars movies" is Mike's "thing"? He hates bad movies, he likes good ones. The prequels were bad movies. TFA was a decent movie.
>>
red cuck media
>>
>>64086400

it was shit

rlm is over and mike is officially a pleb; tfa was worse than every prequel and he could easily pick it apart but instead he's chosen to 'shut his brain off'
>>
>>64087056
>shitposting this hard even on the day christ our lord was born
s'mh
>>
>>64087076
Anakin's birthday is never specified.
>>
>that face Mike made when Jay said "well, you also like like Jurrassic World"
>>
>>64086973
I love how they mocked you faggots who think everyone who enjoys anything is a paid shill because you're a jaded, bitter shell of a human who is only able to feel superior to other people by hating popular movies
>>
>>64086915
and? your opinion doesn't matter in the slightest.
>>
File: absolute madman.jpg (76 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
absolute madman.jpg
76 KB, 500x500
>>64087123
You absolute madman
>>
they were bought by disney it was pretty clear

redlettermedia is finished
>>
>>64087233
Enjoying a popcorn flick is fine and all but the posts I quoted sound something straight out of those fake infomercial interviews.
Even if they are not actual paid Disney shills they are still drones.
>>
>literally taking the jewish bait
>trusting people who are very clearly paid for this

Good goyim, let the holocaust flow through you
>>
>>64087233
>hey this movie is amazing even though we bashed the very same elements in another movie and that made us famous also by chance you were also probably waiting for this review to steer your opinion, just how it became about as popular as the other movie
>also by coincidence disney is a FUCKING HUGE corporation that has no morals and a ton of cash to blow on Star Wars
>lol you think we're paid?
>we'll prove we aren't by making you out to be a no-life faggot who can't enjoy anything

OY

VEY

ANONIGOYM
>>
>>64087680
>we bashed the very same elements in another movie

I don't get it. You faggots claim TFA is just a remake of ANH, and then simultaneously claim it has the same problems as the prequels?

Literally TFA follows the prequel's checklist of "what not to do", they're complete opposites
>>
>>64087772
>TFA is just a remake of ANH, and then simultaneously has the same problems as the prequels

Those two points are compatibale with one another.

Wanna apply RLMs problems with PM to TFA?

How about this -

Who was the main character of TFA?

What can you tell me about Rey, not including her name, her outfit and her skills and abilities (same question as RLM did for Qui-Gonn and such)?

Go ahead, bullshit your way through these two and I'll put forth more.
>>
>>64086823
The Phantom Menace was mixed/cautiously positive, Clones was negative, Sith was mixed. This whole "the prequels are the worst thing to happen to cinema and humanity as a whole" happened only after the fact as a result of butthurt nerd campaigning. Kinda like Into Darkness these days.
>>
>>64086400
He could still do a Plinkett, right?
Just because he doesn't hate it doesn't mean it's necessarily ruled out
>>
>>64087860
>Who was the main character of TFA?
Finn and Rey
>What can you tell me about Rey, not including her name, her outfit and her skills and abilities (same question as RLM did for Qui-Gonn and such)?
She has a strong sense of justice and commitment, gets attached easily, isn't really a people person, and is very independant and resilient
>>
>>64087860
She's a loner. She's good at tinkering with parts. She shows an interest in old stories. She's childish and has major abandonment issues. She seems to yearn for more to her life but is scared to take the initiative to move forward.

TFA has problems but all the characters pass the plinkett test.
>>
What cute things are Jay doing on this Christmas afternoon?
>>
Literally all problems with TFA can be fixed by turning the ending fight into Kylo vs Finn with a shock baton and Rey with a saber so that the fact that they stalemate isn't too demeaning to the villain. And maybe have Rey trade BB-8 for portions.
>>
>>64087973
>trusts anyone but isn't a people person
>oh also independent even though she trusts anyone
>lived alone in a criminal hellhole with jerkass aliens but ends up trusting everyone
BRAVO JAR JAR ABRAMS
>>
>>64087860
>Who was the main character of TFA?

Rey, obv. Finn is important, sure, and Poe is more of a side character, but Rey

>What can you tell me about Rey, not including her name, her outfit and her skills and abilities (same question as RLM did for Qui-Gonn and such)?

She's a survivor, someone's who's learned how to live life on her own. A bit cynical because of her shit lot in life, but she's still caring and willing to do the right thing. she's torn between the past and the future, afraid to move on from her shit life in the desert because of the family she hardly remembers, even though she's destined for great things.

>b b but MARY SUE

fuck off
>>
the only reason Mike said that he liked it was because now he dosen't have to bother with a new Plinkett episode
>>
>>64087910
not a chance
>>
It was terrible, they let all the flaws pass because "soft reboot" and didn't really talk about anything. Jay and Rich seemed scared to express how they truly felt about it.
>>
File: 1401419854995.jpg (32 KB, 432x356) Image search: [Google]
1401419854995.jpg
32 KB, 432x356
>>64086400
I felt kind of nauseous actually, like that Disney had everyone by the schnitzels
>>
>>64087860
Rey was the main, she is brave but is still afraid to face his destiny or future out of Jakku because she still longs for her family, she is resourceful and is very interested in the force even though she doesnt know why exactly (flashbacks points to mind wipe by Luke), she is also looking for a father figure in the same way Luke was
>>
Why was the Max Landis thread deleted but the RLM thread is allowed to stay?

He writes films, these guys review films. Both are about their bodies of work.
>>
I can't believe the shitshow they foisted on us. Are we supposed to believe mike likes Star Wars now? Incredible fucking bullshit. God I hate them now FUCK.

My best to you and yours this holiday season.
>>
Mike doesn't hate it cause he doesn't care about SW anymore. he was always a bigger Trek fan
>>
How easy would it be to rape Jay?
>>
File: mike on tfa.jpg (326 KB, 854x1440) Image search: [Google]
mike on tfa.jpg
326 KB, 854x1440
>>64086400
>>64086525
>>64086783
>>
>>64089896
They very specifically say they don't care much about the flaws because the characters are compelling. It's not like the OT didn't have flaws in every movie, both story and technical.

Jay even says he's okay with the not Death Star because it's a background for the jedi and ground team stuff, you know like Jedi.
>>
How much were they paid you think?
>>
>>64092731
$50k
>>
It definitely brought them all down a notch for me. I know their opinions aren't worth much anymore.
>>
>>64093092
It was a soft touch the whole way through.

Instead of any critique it was "Well we didn't hate the characters because they weren't cardboard cut outs or goofy as jarjar, and despite a number of plotholes and no originality whatsoever, this is a great movie"
>>
>>64086525
it was 4am and they were tired af, he'll probably sober up and realize how shit it was on a second viewing
>>
>>64093222
>despite a number of plotholes
>no originality whatsoever
I'm not sure what movie you're describing, you know they were reviewing TFA right?
>>
>>64094503
What exactly was original about this movie?
>>
>>64094707
Depends on how nitpicky you want to get.
If I give you a few will you tell me some plotholes?
>dark side user tempted by the light
>stormtrooper riot gear and flametroopers
>traitor stormtrooper that isn't a mary sue
>>
File: safasdgx.png (829 KB, 768x510) Image search: [Google]
safasdgx.png
829 KB, 768x510
>>64086400
They couldn't have like this "Soft Reboot" They just wanted to keep shitting on George for not releasing the un fucked with films.

That or they got paid by the mouse and did that whole shit at the end to throw fans off.
>>
Rich fucking hated it and you could tell jay just wanted mike to have some purpose again
>>
>>64087321
>e-every positive review is wrong, d-disney must have bought them!
>>
Why would Disney give a fuck about one bad review? A high-profile bad review would probably give them more publicity, at this point

One more "Eh, it's okay," gains them nothing
>>
>>64094981
>muh conspiracy theories
what, you upset because they didn't hate something you can't see any other way than evil sjw propaganda created by a big evil jewish corporation?
>>
>>64087860
The main character is Rey

Rey is determined. She doesn't like to rely on other people, and she wants a place to belong, namely with family. She doesn't complain much, even when she feels she's getting screwed over. She also has great theme music
>>
>>64086783
I looks genuinely happy.
>>
>it's an eceleb thread
>>
>>64093888
Yeah, I wish they would have at least waited until the morning to film. Let it sink in a bit.
>>
>>64086400
too bad there will never be a good, deep, thought-provoking Star Trek movie that Mike could sperg out over
>>
>>64086734
MUH SPACE COP
>>
File: rlm2.jpg (63 KB, 800x601) Image search: [Google]
rlm2.jpg
63 KB, 800x601
>>64086525
Meanwhile, Max Landis says it was shit
>>
>>64087900
Wrong.
>>
>>64087860
That isn't fair luke wasn't the best character of the ogs.
Ren was the main protag he's a young child that wants to stay the course despite his family
>>
>>64096613
I miss Jessi

The way she would just sit there not contributing anything to the conversation was far better than Jack ruining every joke
>>
>>64087860
anon got blown out
>>
>>64093092
looks like you let /tv/ warp your mind anon
>>
I only watch half in the bag for the plot.

It's the only youtuber series with good skits
>>
>>64096870
FROM MY POINT OF VIEW RLM IS EVIL
>>
>>64096980
speaking of, are they every going to descend from everest? the air is actually very thin up there. if it were real they'd be dead.
>>
>>64094981
>whole shit at the end to throw fans off
This. What a fucking joke.
>>
>>64087910
He doesn't do Plinkett at all anymore. The last review was like 2 years ago, anon. It's done. At best you can get another geeking out of the trailer videos for Episode 8.
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.