[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>hey guys >you know what'll be fun? >let's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: 1451070892580.png (464 KB, 878x900) Image search: [Google]
1451070892580.png
464 KB, 878x900
>hey guys
>you know what'll be fun?
>let's add in a named character
>make it a women
>give her special snowflake armor
>set her up to be an antagonist
>AND THEN DO NOTHING LOL
>and merchandise the hell out of her too
>>
>>64086205
well duh she was just a vehicle to sell toys

That's what all of Star Wars is
>>
>merchandise the hell out of it too
but thats the entire purpose of star wars
>>
>>64086205
She'll obviously be expanded on in the sequels. Episode VII set us up for the rest of the trilogy. It's not meant to be a stand alone movie. Only Episode IV could potentially be considered a stand alone Star Wars film.
>>
>>64086205
I was annoyed by how tall she was. Seriously, she was like Vader size. It felt like she was originally a man, but Abrams decided last minute to make her a woman to score SJW brownie points.
>>
>>64086205
>>64086271

>Higher-ups check who turned off the shields
>Find out it was her want to punish her accordingly
>She flees just like boyega
>Becomes strong transsexuall woman with short hair of color who don't need no man for the resistance
>>
>>64086205
Why do you even care?
>>
>>64086205
>boba fett has like 2 lines and then dies like a bitch
>everyone pretends that he's some major badass
>>
>>64086547
He was a proper badass in Empire and that's where his popularity picked up. Jedi tossing him away so fast, after showing him do more badass stuff like having a jet pack, can't kill the interest that already existed.
>>
>>64086205
>then have some nobody trooper have the only interesting part for the stormtroopers
>>
>>64086205
>what is Boba Fett
And look how that turned out. He had even less presence (on average over 3 films) and for some fucking reason people love him (and the toys sell well too)
>>
File: 1450993667735.jpg (47 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1450993667735.jpg
47 KB, 960x720
>>64086834
And he's getting a movie

For realsies.
>>
>>64086834
Boba Fett had as much presence in one film that Phantom had in her one film. He was one of the central points to driving action forward in Empire, just as she did in TFA. As of now without knowing her actual outcome is that Boba also came back in the next before they got rid of him. And he also got backstory in the prequels if you really want to get into specifics.
>>
>>64086205

>BUH BUH BUH BOBA

Cept Boba actually did shit like track the MC's down and set the trap for them in Cloud City lame brains.

Then sold Han to Jabba for the lulz.
>>
>>64086969
>in Empire
If they were done with Phasma they would have killed her instead of giving her a motive to hate Finn personally
>>
>Episode VIII
>Finn on a planet
>Phasma shows up in rusted armour
>Mentions how shes been forced to flee TFO because they know its her who lowered the shield
>She blames Finn
>Fight scene with her dual wielding batons

I really hope her character isnt finished.
>>
File: 1433095889079.jpg (67 KB, 540x405) Image search: [Google]
1433095889079.jpg
67 KB, 540x405
>merchandise her

Maybe eventually everyone will get their heads out of their asses and realize this is the only reason Star Wars ever was and ever will be.
>>
>>64086324
...it was just that big girl from GoT. It's a woman under the armor.
>>
>>64086205
This isn't a new concept in Star Wars. My understanding it she was added late and her character is featured more heavily in the next movie.
>>
>one of the first characters to get a 3 3/4 and 6 inch black series figure

>left on the cutting room floor
>>
>>64087471
The first one wasn't. In fact everyone said the toys would flop. After that it slowly seeped in to the point we're at now.
>>
>>64086470
lol
>>
>>64087350
of course not, there are 2 more films to go she's probably going to come back for revenge and she will be MAD
why people are overlooking that this is the first movie in the new trilogy is beyond me
>>
>>64088375
I think it's just how much she was hyped/merchandised versus how much she actually did. I went to the pet store yesterday, there are Captain Phasma chew toys, complete with a Captain Phasma cut-out near the display. She had 5 lines and never fired her weapon
>>
>>64086324
She was.
>>
>>64086205
so....the same thing they did with Boba Fett (minus the womyn thing) eh? it'll work
>>
>>64087543
this makes me really mad. They had some really great character designs also some bangin concept art which they just didnt use.

That Luke lying in the sand thing couldve been so cool, also:

WHERE THE FUCK WAS SARCO PLANK?? i was looking forward to him since his toy leaked
>>
>>64086714
>He was a proper badass in Empire
He did literally nothing except pick up a Carbonite package so he could deliver it to Jabba.
>>
>>64086205

I'd rather have a new character named Wombo Combo the well hung Gungan.
>>
File: BobaFett_Sarlaac.jpg (419 KB, 1800x1136) Image search: [Google]
BobaFett_Sarlaac.jpg
419 KB, 1800x1136
>>64089932
>badass worn and torn suit with cool helmet
>says little to nothing
>succeeds at his job
>hilarious death(?) being swallowed by sand pussy
kids loved him, he had a cool looking ship too
>>
>>64086222
This you naive manchild fucks.

>REEEE THIS LIVE ACTION SPACE CARTOON CHARACTER ISN'T DEEP AND COMPLEX REEEE
>>
>>64088531
she WAS originally a man?
>>
if she was in charge of all of the storm troopers, why would she interact with finn regularly?
>>
>>64090822
Who said she interacted with him regularly? Every trooper probably knew her as 'the one in charge', but she only interacted with him once Finn made himself stand out by refusing to fire on the villagers.
>>
Do you think there's any chance of Phasma being helmetless in Episode VIII?
>>
Why did Phasma get a proper name?
>>
>>64091016
I don't care if she leaves it on while she fucks me
>>
>>64086547
TR-8R Is the new Boba Fett senpai, not this Chrome Trashcan
>>
File: star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg (237 KB, 640x743) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpg
237 KB, 640x743
>>64086205
>hey guys
>you know what'll be fun?
>let's add in a named protagonist
>make it a women
>give her special snowflake powers
>set her up to be a main character
>AND THEN SELL LITTLE TO NO MERCHANDISE WITH HER
Even funnier
>>
She's obviously going to have a bigger part in the next movie. Didn't Boba Fett basically just stand around with other bounty hunters in his first appearance?
>>
>>64091036
1. So Finn can shut of the shields. By introducing a named character with authority that Finn has interactions with, it then "makes sense" later on when he says he knows someone they can capture and make shut off the shields.

2. To round out the command structure of the First Order. By adding another person with a name it fleshes out their command structure and gives their order a bit more "weight".
>>
>>64091169

Yes, but he didn't have stupid dialogue + betray the empire + end in the trash compactor
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.