[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So now that the dust has settled, between SPECTRE, Fury Road,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: image.jpg (18 KB, 272x185) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
18 KB, 272x185
So now that the dust has settled, between SPECTRE, Fury Road, Jurassic World, and The Force Awakens, do we all agree that pic related was hands-down the best blockbuster of 2015?
>>
>>64083447
Duh. Spectre sucks, I didn't watch Jurassic, and while I liked Star Wars Mad Max will remain an enduring classic along the likes of The Road Warrior.
>>
TFA > Fury Road > Spectre > Jurassic World
>>
was there a single blockbuster released with an original idea or was it all reboots and sequels

jesus
>>
>>64083507
>>64083504

Are we pretending that Avengers AOU never happened or did you just forget about it? I mean, not that I think it was the best blockbuster of 2015, but it should at least be mentioned.
>>
File: kermit.jpg (33 KB, 640x468) Image search: [Google]
kermit.jpg
33 KB, 640x468
The only ones I saw in theaters were the last three.

I'd rank them like this.

Fury Road > The Force Awakens > Jurassic World
>>
>>64083595
good joke
capeshit is the very epitome of assembly line product
>>
Force Awakens = Fury Road > Spectre > Jurassic World
>>
>>64083447

Has there ever been a fanbase so assplowed over a failed flick than Mad Max?

Every movie listed was better than that turd.
>>
Mad Max is the most fucking overrated movie I've ever heard of
>>
Patrician list

Furious 7 > Terminator Genysis > Ant Man > Fury Road
>>
>>64083595
AOU was objectively terrible.
>>
>>64083664
considering it's fanbase is like .001% the size of jurassic park or star wars

and considering it made half a billion dollars, and has a higher RT than the other 2, and was all done with practical effects

I'd say it was a pretty big success, why are you so mad? Star Dork is by far a biggest feminist and cuck flick than Max ever could be

You out cucked yourself friend
>>
>>64083595
OP here. I honestly forgot about it... Definitely deserves mention.
>>
>>64083748
So was Jurassic World, Spectre and TFA. Really, the only blockbuster this year that you can call objectively decent was Fury Road.
>>
>>64083664
>>64083680
>>64083696
samefag cameron retard mad that mad max > terminator genysis and embarrased their golden god
>>
>>64083776

>half a billion dollars in a year when aou, jw, furious 7 made well over a billion
>when sw destroys bo records
>thinks they're on the same level

Half a billion WW is not blockbuster material anymore, anon.
>>
I had more fun at mad max than I did watching TFA so yes

Avengers 2 and Jurassic Park were meh tier
>>
>>64083664
But Fury Road was both a commercial and critical success. What's there for the fanbase to be mad about?
>>
>>64083447
Of those Mad Max wins handily
>>
>>64083447
Google Tom Hardy gay pics then get back to me.
>>
>>64083934
You're just mad that he's a big guy for you.
>>
>>64083885

That's the question, isn't it? Why are they so insecure they're making posts like this half a year later?
>>
>SPECTRE
1/5
>Fury Road
1/5
>Jurassic World
0/5
>The Force Awakens
0/5
>>
>>64083447
absolutely

it had one or two flaws but it's the best blockbuster we've had in DECADES
>>
>>64083447
Mad Max>JW>TFA>Spectre
>>
>>64084011
Because you are making dumb posts calling it a failure when it wasn't, so they are simply correcting you for being an idiot?
>>
File: 1441459288814.jpg (536 KB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
1441459288814.jpg
536 KB, 2048x1536
i cant really rate them but i can say what i thought

>Jurassic World
LITERAL popcorn flick, but if you watch it wanting fun with dinos running around, you will get that. Really enjoyed that one. CG was VERY bad in some scene tho, still solid movie to watch with your friends/family in the cinema.

>The Force Awakens
Great fun. Practical effects really paid off. Felt like Star Wars, love the new characters (except Maz Kanata maybe). Plot and locations werent that great. Everything else was exactly as good as i hoped it to be. I still hope that it will be the worst in the new trilogy tho...

>Fury Road
Same as star wars: awesome practical effects and visuals. Never got boring, one of the best action movies ive seen

bottom line: i cant understand the hate for the three. I enjoyed them all

didnt see Spectre yet
>>
>>64083447
Mad Max is MOTY, not only the best blockbuster.
>>
>>64083447
>blockbuster
>no one saw it
kEk
>>
>>64084129
Don't pretend you know a thing about movies
>>
>>64084196
And yet it somehow made its way into almost every single top 10 best movies of 2015 list you can possibly find.
>>
>>64084261
those were my thoughts. I never said i know a lot about movies
>>
>>64084129
Yeah, I can't understand the hate as well. My wife's son also enjoyed all 3.
>>
Anyone saying Fury road is feminist propaganda is a shit poster
I give Fury Road a good 8/10
>>
>>64083680
Should have seen it on the big screen then.
>>
>>64083447
YEAR IN BLOCKBUSTERS REVIEW:

>Spectre
Competent, entertaining, but it's got too much sweet, leaves you overstuffed.

>Fury Road
10/10 directing, pacing and editing. Best ''big'' movie of the year without a doubt.

>Jurassic World
Another really competent one. Script is thight and simple, direction and editing are well made. But it lacks the magic and wonder of the originals.

>Force Awakens
As entertaining as it is, it's too generic and too safe. It's petty much assembly-line movie making

>Ultron
Just a fucking mess.

>FF7
IT'S BEEN A LONG DAY-tier

>Rogue Nation and Man from Uncle
The underrated blockbusters, flawed but fine. UNCLE has the best soundtrack of the year as well.

>Last Witch Hunter
Cheesy fun, nothing special.
>>
>>64083504
>>64083637

>TFA GOTG Boogalo edition>Fury Road>Spectre>Jurassic World
>>
>>64083885
That they didn't release the B&W Sountrack only version on the blu ray.
>>
>>64084389
Why is it our fault you can't read a film beyond plot?
>>
>>64084090

>you

I never called it a failure. That was some other, anon.

It was, however, hardly a blockbuster. Blockbusters are monster financial successes. MM:FR, while a good movie, more or less limped its way to a sequel. Fans were kept hoping for months before it was announced. There was never a question flicks like JW or the others were getting sequels.
>>
>>64083447

Absolutely the best movie out of all of those.
>>
>>64083447
blockbusters don't exist anymore.
>>
>>64084450
>UNCLE has the best soundtrack of the year as well.
It's pretty fucking great. I'm also annoyed that we didn't get to see Henry Cavill play superman more like he played Solo in this movie.
>>
M:I 5 > Spectre > MM:FR > TFA > JW

Jurassic World was so bad it was almost insulting. It was quite funny that the film presented itself as an analogy for the pressures and pitfalls of reinvigorating a hollywood franchise with the burdens that entails. That's actually pretentious so fair play.

Fury Road and TFA were both very competent. FR was refreshing definitely but lacks anything outside of spectacle.

Spectre was great, despite pacing issues. I struggle to understand the hate it gets here.

M:I did everything that all of these other movies have been lauded for and wrapped them up in the most complete package of the year for me. The opera sequence alone is a masterclass in action movie making.
>>
>>64084511
ok faggot
Immortan Joe single handedly takes over city
commands his men to establish gas town and bullet farm
gives war boys a purpose and reason to live
Joe gives wives a sealed chamber with purified water
music and books to ward off depression
Furiosa liberates wives starting a war

Max kicks furiosas ass
Max drives the war rig
Nux repairs the war rigs engines
Max takes out the bullet farmer to secure ammo
Max smart enough to turn back
Max gives blood to save Furiosa
In the end furiosa dumps too much water
in the comics the Halfman advises furiosa that giving water is sign of weakness and some one else will take the citadel from her
who is going to run gas and ammo farm?
>>
>>64083864
Financially they're not, but Max is still the better film
>>
>>64083798
No, it doesn't. You forgot about it for a good reason.
>>
File: furiosa fails.jpg (23 KB, 634x384) Image search: [Google]
furiosa fails.jpg
23 KB, 634x384
Fury Road built a realistic strong female character while not making her a feminist icon. (She has flaws, lost a limb, was a rape slave for years, relies on a man to help her complete her mission)

Star Cuck is a literal mary sue (Good at everything, Super powers, Knows more than the men, Defeats Kylo Ren a trained lightsaber user after picking up a saber for the first time ever)

One is a great action flick with a female co-star, the other is feminist propaganda, guess which
>>
>>64085430
What would have made Fury Road perfect would be if Furiosa had died while Max was trying to save her with the blood transfusion thing. Would have been an extremely powerful moment as well as sending Max deeper into his "fuck ever getting emotionally attached to anyone, goddamn this horrible place" downward spiral.

Would have shut up the people saying the movie wasn't about Max in one fell swoop.
>>
could someone write down how is Mad Max feminist or anti-feminist?

some people i know were stubborn in saying it is and wouldn't consider a different option
im looking for some new things to point out
>>
Fury Road > TFA > Ant Man > Rogue Nation > AOU > Spectre > Genisys > Jurassic > FF7 FUCKTHATSONG
>>
File: wX1GEN7.jpg (166 KB, 1500x998) Image search: [Google]
wX1GEN7.jpg
166 KB, 1500x998
>>64083776
>all done with practical effects
Dude seriously?
>>
>>64083447
>Fury Road > The Force Awakens
This. More adrenalin. And R>PG13
>>
>>64085430

This, I can accept Furiosa

Rey is, so far, over the top and fucking up my enjoyment of TFA

They have a lot of explaining to do and maybe some actual plot depth in VIII
>>
>>64085672
It portrays modern feminism accurately but I wouldn't say it is pro-feminism.

A bunch of womyn who need no man (and are clearly bitter towards men, specially the biker grandmas) go on an adventure to escape the patriarchy. However, they're actually a bunch of incompetent cunts and would have committed suicide if it wasn't for Max saving their asses. Max, being a cool guy, saves the day, gives all the credit to them and lets them rule the place that he conquered.

This is what feminazis want even if they're too stupid to realize it. They don't really want to earn things. They want others to coddle them and hand them out things.
>>
>>64083696
Contrarian list
>>
>>64086078

This

Every time they stamp and cry about underrepresentation they forget to realize they are perfectly in charge of their own lives, are 50% of the population, and if they actually had the ability and agency to do so could go ahead and make their own

They want men to do the hard part and then want to inject themselves in after the fact
>>
>>64083447
Jurassic World (auntfu did it for me) > Spectre > fury road > TFA
>>
>>64083447
Not in the slightest. MMFR was a joke. Fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>64086166
your mom yesterday was a joke
>>
File: roast.jpg (30 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
roast.jpg
30 KB, 540x489
>>64086135
>They want men to do the hard part and then want to inject themselves in after the fact

I didn't expect to be redpilled this hard on Christmas morning
>>
>>64083447
no contest here.
>>
>>64083447
Spectre by a long shot
>>
Fury Road was the only legitimately good blockbuster this year. It was a terrific blend of action and substance.

Jurassic World was shit and arguable the worst movie of the last 20 years.

Spectre was ok. Just underwhelming.

The Star Wars episode 4 remake was enjoyable but forgettable.
>>
>>64086078
One of the dumber interpretations of the film.
>>
>>64086078
Max represents change. He isn't part of the patriarchy.
>>
>>64086471
You just convinced me with that hot opinion.
>>
>>64086471

Seems more like an unintended or noticed analogy
>>
>>64086510
You're welcome.
>>
>>64086429
>Jurassic world worst of last 20 years

What are:
Transformers 2,3,4,terminator 3, Pearl Harbor, 2012, day after tomorrow, iron man 3, 10000BC,die another day, the world is not enough, godzilla 1998, cloverfield, foodfight, etc

It isn't even an arguable argument, when all those above are worse
>>
>>64087010
All of those movies were better then Jurassic World. Jurassic World was pure shit. Terrible acting, plot, story, visuals etc. It shit on everything that made the original great and offered nothing new. Seriously I feel really bad for kids that are seeing Jurassic World as their first Jurassic Park experience. There was absolutely zero sense of wonder or awe in that drivel.
>>
Yeah, it is the best between 4 bad-semi bad movies
>>
>>64084450
havent seen jurrasic world or spectre , but I can agree with the rest.
>>
>>64083447
>SPECTRE, Fury Road, Jurassic World, and The Force Awakens, do we all agree that pic related was hands-down the best blockbuster of 2015?

Why are those the only films in contention?
>>
>>64083632
Then what is TFA doing up there?
>>
>>64085693
>shows picture of practical effects that will be composited together with other practical effects
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.