[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>What is your opinion on Kylo Ren? >What is your age?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32
>What is your opinion on Kylo Ren?
>What is your age?

I've got a theory that whiney millenial manchildren can't handle Kylo since it's too realistic a portrayal for them.and hits too close to home. They wanted another power fantasy character, and instead got the opposite: a person with depth and relatively understandable motivations.
>>
>>64083305
b8
>>
>25
Feels good that he is not Darth Vador 2.0 and I'm looking forward to know what they'll do with him.
Hope he won't get good again too soon.
>>
>based
>32
>>
>>64083305

I liked parts of him. Though I thought it was weird how he's skilled enough with the force to freeze a blaster-shot in mid-air, but gets his ass whooped by an untrained force user and some other schmuck, neither of whom have fought with a lightsaber before.

I was slightly iffed by Adam Drivers delivery. Maybe they played the angsty-whiner thing up a little too strong for me, and I would've liked it more if it was more subtle.

All in all though a compelling villain, and not a Darth Vader ripoff. I'm curious to see what his ultimate fate turns out to be.
>>
>>64083347
That must be your age then
>>
>>64083305
ONE - NOTHING WRONG WITH ME
>>
>>64083452
Do you really not see the difference between a random blaster shot, and the awakened rage of Darth Vaders granddaughter?
>>
I like Kylo because I can relate to telling myself I'm too tough to need anyone else and getting angry over every little thing
>>
>>64083305
You hit the nail on the head, OP. His character was a big surprise and he actually became my sole motivation for watching the rest of the fucking garbage movie. Literally the only person with any depth and I can't wait to see the rest of his arc.
>>
>>64083498
We still don't know if she's really a Skywalker, and she had no training. It's like grabbing a guitar for the first time and learning to play Stairway in five minutes. Even Luke got his ass whooped with some training.
>>
>>64083305
>understandable motivations.
>bwah, bwah, I wanna be dark and cool like grandpa Vader!
>It's your fault console, its everything your fault!
>I'm not emo enough, let me kill ya daddy.
His motivations are weak as shit so far, hopefully the sequel will fix this. The little shit didn't even acknowledge Anakin's ultimate redemption.

>age
I'm a wizard that should say enough.
>>
>>64083566
Err, they specifically call her Vaders granddaughter in the film. She got flashbacks after touching the lightsaber. She's force sensitive. The old trailer had Luke tell Rey she's strong in the force since it runs in HIS family...

We know she's a Skywalker.

And that was darkside strength she was using, against a weakened and internally conflicted Kylo.

It makes sense.
>>
>>64083305
He's the evil Gohan of Star Wars. Stuck in Goku's/Vader's shadow. Younger. More emotionally unbalanced, especially when things get tough. Weaker (at this current point for Gohan). Gets called a pussy cause of it.
>>
>>64083305
Best part of the movie.
>>
>>64083305
and i have seen the movie but i saw the seen where he kill you know who and it seemed like a normal sith thing to like most or sith things for vader to the swtor mmo.
>>
>>64083681
Also, forgot. 19.
>>
File: star wars ren.jpg (35 KB, 598x299) Image search: [Google]
star wars ren.jpg
35 KB, 598x299
Almost single-handedly ruins Star Wars for everyone with some taste. Makes no sense he adores Vader since Luke or anyone must told him he became good at the end and was burnt and even became a force ghost. It makes no sense he has force powers even Yoda was barely capable of who is 1000 years old. It makes no sense he joins the dark side and I doubt we'll ever get a good reason for this when Anakin wanted to save Padme's life. It makes no sense he suddenly loses to Ray who didn't even know what the force is and uses a sword for basically the first time. It makes no sense he freezes a blaster shot. This should not be possible. This was the main reason for whey they use blast weapons and not bullets in Star Wars, because Jedi could easily stop bullets. Now they can also just freeze plasma mit air. It makes no sense he doesn't even look 1 % like his parents.

>>
>>64083704
sorry haven't seen the movie is what i meant to say.
>>
>>64083626
Luke probably told him about Vaders redemption and he didn't believe it, probably thought he was lying to him.

>I'm not emo enough, let me kill ya daddy.
That's how you get deeper in the Dark Side. Case in point, Luke v Vader while Palpatine taunts.

His motivations are totally believable. You would literally have to be an angsty fedoratipper to want to wear a black mask and follow 'The Darkside'.
>>
File: that 10 out of 10 casting.png (328 KB, 748x491) Image search: [Google]
that 10 out of 10 casting.png
328 KB, 748x491
>>64083414
>>64083352
>>64083452
>>64083546
>>64083683
>>64083708
>all those kids loving this terribly written, edgy shit tier character
>the same people that give this shit movie a 9 on Rotten Tomatoes and IMDB
>the same people that shit on the prequels

Weew.
>>
>>64083772
>that dedicated shitposting
>>
>>64083642
And with the ocasional display of badassitude to remind the audience he's actually strong like the blaster thing.

But yeah seem he still has some potential to exploit as a threat. After all he'll go back to Darth Voldemort to complete his training.
>>
>>64083772
Sith are edge lords if you dont know play some of the rpgs or the mmo.
>>
File: St Ignatius of Loyola.jpg (36 KB, 305x372) Image search: [Google]
St Ignatius of Loyola.jpg
36 KB, 305x372
I'm 23.

K-Ren is the only character I'm interested in (I'm curious about Luke, but only curious).

I'm a Catholic. A Catholic friend suggested to me that in the OT the Empire can represent the Catholic Church in that it's portrayed as the authoritarian enemy against the liberal space hippies. I bring this up because Kylo Ren reminds of a Catholic in that he has a Jesuit appearance (pic) and discipline, but inner conflict and a worship of the Father (Vader to him). The scene where he is praying to Vader is the most interesting scene imo.
>>
File: this thread.jpg (253 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
this thread.jpg
253 KB, 1920x1080
>>64083825
>play some unimportant non.-canons hit to get to know some stuff about the Star Wars lore
>>
>>64083772
Wouldn't it be more edgy to have a perfectly evil, badass villain with no weakness like Vader than someone like Ren?
>>
>>64083727
>This was the main reason for whey they use blast weapons and not bullets in Star Wars, because Jedi could easily stop bullets

Pretty sure they use lasers because it's a space sci-fi movie with a futuristic setting.

Black separatists still idolise Malcolm X, despite him doing a completely 180 on his stance just before his death. It's not unbelieveable that nobody would believe Vader switched sides, especially if it's coming from the people who were trying to kill him.

It makes sense he loses to the daughter of the Chosen one while he was conflicted and injured.
>>
File: Kylo Ren.webm (932 KB, 1280x533) Image search: [Google]
Kylo Ren.webm
932 KB, 1280x533
I'm 24 years old. Kylo perfectly encapsulates everything wrong with my generation: he has it all, good background, grows up in the New Republic, natural talent, cool Uncle, free Jedi lessons. Honestly, what else could any kid ask for?

And yet for some reason, he still feels entitled to more, hates his parents, feels the need to rebel. He has no clear grasp on his emotions, wants everything handed to him and looks up to figureheads he doesn't even understand (such as Vader). He's the anti-thesis of Luke Skywalker.

He represents many extremist individuals of the modern area: Islamic converts born in the West who become militant and even suicidal, young school/college shooters who feel rejected and wish to take out their anger on society, extremely socially isolated individuals who drawn into themselves and become mentally unstable. Kylo Ren not only encapsulates them all, but in same way is inherently relatable to every millennial in that he shares the same entitled, cynical, rebellious attitude toward everything that's practically come to define the generation. And yet, in his journey to become more and more of a servant to the dark side, there's a sense of striving for nobility that is strangely, admirable.

He's by far the greatest character of the sequel trilogy thus far and arguably the only character who might be able to bring the trilogy to cinematic greatness. He should NEVER redeemed, Kylo must remain a servant of the Darkness, unto his death. Unlike Vader, there should be no repentance for him. Otherwise his entire journey as a character would seem worthless.
>>
>>64083899
What does perfectly evil even mean? And who said anything about no weaknesses? And what makes you believe Vader had no weaknesses?

All I am asking for is a character that makes sense and has motivations.
>>
I kinda like him and the idea that he is stronger when he is calm and anger just makes him weaker, I hope he gets a proper character arc in the sequels
>>
>>64083305
Its cool to see an evil guy with an internal struggle still in him instead of him being le evil badass sith #27369. I was expecting him to be just Vader 2.0 and I was very very pleasantly surprised when I found out he was anything but
>>
>>64083754
believable =/= understandable
>That's how you get deeper in the Dark Side. Case in point, Luke v Vader while Palpatine taunts.
As whinny and insufferable as Anakin's conversion was it was actually understandable. Palpatine manipulated his love and worries for Padme as also for not being strong enough to protect his loved ones. Then tried to use Luke's anger for what Vader represents to him and how his friends and himself had suffered through the former's actions.

In contrast we have very little background for Ben's motivations beyond "Darth Vader was so cool, I wanna be just like him".
>>
>>64083772
/thread

This movie is basically made for SJWs and 15-20 year olds. This faggot makes no sense at all, he is basically the "Sasuke" of Star Wars (except retarded looking without the helmet). All the internet kids love him because he cool and not afraid of anything.
>>
>24
I was hoping for Darth NEET Fanboy and I got it in spades. Feels good.
>>
>>64083880
lol life must suck being a faggot like you are not enjoy things.
>>
>>64083952
>>64083967
>>64083867
>>64083708
>>64083683
>>64083352
>>64083546
Holy shit, all those babbies liking this shit tier character that literally has no background or motives and looks like a potato.
>>
>>64083305
I am 34.

Kylo by far had the most interesting story of any character in the movie. We got a little background, but mainly we saw a lot about where his character currently is. It's like they took the whiny Anakin of the prequels and actually turned that into a developed character.
>>
>>64083727
At least one good post.

>>64083900
>Pretty sure they use lasers because it's a space sci-fi movie with a futuristic setting.
He was talking about lore explanations.
>>
>>64083998
>and not afraid of anything

except he's constantly afraid
>>
>>64083305
Somebody on here had a good theory that Kylo is suffering from depression which lowers his force abilities substantially.
>>
>>64083772
>>64084036

>Baww, people disagree with me and the villain isn't a model!!!!: The Posts
>>
>>64084036
>A New Hope comes out
>"Holy shit, all those hippies liking this shit tier character that has literally no background or motives and looks like a robot."
>>
>>64084025
>I have no standards and enjoy Jews shitting right into my throat
>my life is so great
>lol
>>
>Everyone on this site pretending everyone aside from them is a milennial

Unless you are thirty you are a millennial, and if you're thirty + and on 4chan you've got some self exploration to do.
>>
>>64083305
23, one of the best Sith so far. Far more human and less Disney-villain-esque than literally any other Sith portrayed thus far, despite Disney being responsible for him. Finn and Poe were great, Rey was a tad overpowered but not without reason given that she is a virgin birth like Anakin, and Han was awesome. Only character that let the film down was Leia for poor acting - none of the fire in her that she used to have in the OT. Probably been burned out by all the coke.
>>
>>64083998
>Sasuke
Sasuke was perfect. Kylo isn't.
>>
>>64083305
I'm 25, love Kylo. People seem to forget that he's the only character so far that has been able to stop blaster bolts in mid air and continue to use the force after dropping his hand. They also forget that he got shot in the leg with a bowcaster, the same bowcaster Han geeks out over the entire movie that is causing explosions and blasting Stormtroopers back like it's nothing, that and you can see him limp slightly while he's fighting Finn.

Great character though, hope he goes full on evil/villain as opposed to getting redeemed by the light like Vader or having him and Rey switch sides.
>>
>>64083305
>>What is your opinion on Kylo Ren?
I think he's a good villain. I like how he picks up on aspects of Vader (in support o the cyclical nature of the saga overall) and at the same time comments on things like fame, the fallibility of history/mythology, and so on. His outbursts and the level of his commitment make him a compelling character and an interesting parallel/contrast with what came before.
>>What is your age?
>>
File: image.jpg (35 KB, 443x332) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
35 KB, 443x332

Actually my favorite part of the movie. An undisciplined, half trained, young Jedi with temptation towards the Light Side is a nice, unexplored element in a universe filled with false dichotomy. Driver, despite his fucking face, played the part well. I love that his Saber style was very heavy, like a bastard sword, swinging the fucking thing about. New Force powers, while tame, were at the very least something fresh.

Excited to see his progression. Hope he does more damage and stays on the Dark side. Deflecting would utterly ruin his arc.
>>
>22

The whole movie felt like a best-of of the original trilogy, but with a whiney bitch for a villain and with storm troopers. Good and evil are tangible forces in Star Wars, let the good be really good and the bad be really bad, I say.

I'm still hopeful that Snoke can save this this trilogy, but so far I just feel let down.
>>
>>64084100

I'm gonna be thirty in 2 months. I have a good job and am financially independent, likely better off than you will ever be.

I ain't got to explain shit to the likes of you and I'm going to lurk whatever websites I damn please. Been here longer than you too.
>>
File: lelel.jpg (30 KB, 471x598) Image search: [Google]
lelel.jpg
30 KB, 471x598
>>64084094
go cry to /pol/ about the jews sperglord
>>
>>64083305
>a bit unpolished, but okay I guess
>21
>>
>>64084100
I'm 31. Come at me bro.
>>
>>64084036
>has no background or motives

He's the grandchild of the greatest known Jedi/Sith in existence and feels a great burden to live up to his name. I have a theory this made him impatient with his training and frustration got the better of him which caused his descent into the dark side. Classic tale of a hothead trying too hard to prove himself and ultimately failing.
>>
>>64084168
>Feeling the need to justify yourself this hard to some anon

Like I said, you have some self exploration to do.
>>
>>64083305
29, Kylo reminds me of those emo kids with edgy t-shirts who say that they can't get shit done because the whole world is against them.

He really is realistic, for a teenager or someone older but who is still stuck in their teenage years mentally.

With him the movie became specifically targeted for a teenage audience, the older movies could be both enjoyed by a younger audience and an older one. Most older people I know agree, this was also confirmed by the audiences reaction in the cinema, older people were laughing at Kylo from the moment he took off his mask and onward, especially during his fits of anger, the kids not that much.
>>
File: 1451010542078.png (507 KB, 800x360) Image search: [Google]
1451010542078.png
507 KB, 800x360
You must be literally mentally retarded or a ~20 year old faggot to like him.

>>64084066
so deep am i right? he totally afraid he ain't as stronk as vader.

now please let's ignore this was one of the most childish and edgiest dialogues ever in a movie. and that it makes no sense at all for those faggot kids to even know how powerful vader actually was when even his own subordinates were surprised by his powers and only Tarkin seemed to know all about his powers. Not to mention that Vader never did anything in the OT that was half as impressive as what this shonen boy did in 7.
>>
I had a similar thought.
He is the modern equivalent to vader. Vader was a huge general basically what they feared back in the day. But Kylo is like a school shooter. A little white manchild throwing tantrums. Basically what everyone outside of 4chan imagines everyone of us only not fat.
>>
I like the idea of a younger guy being conflicted and struggling to maintain the facade of being totally evil. I think Adam Driver's performance was good.

But there's so much we don't know about Kylo Ren that could sink the story. Why does he worship Darth Vader? He seems to be aware of the circumstances of Vader's demise. We know Snoke manipulated him, but Kylo had to have had some underlying motivations for Snoke to have influenced him to begin with, right? We know nothing about him. How is this all able to happen under Luke's supervision, anyway? He's not--and shouldn't be--omniscient, but if even Leia noticed how did Luke not?

How the trilogy deals with this stuff is what will make the difference. As it stands Kylo Ren was still by far the best and most interesting new character.
>>
File: dsfff.gif (403 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
dsfff.gif
403 KB, 640x360
>>64083899
>Vader
>perfectly evil
>no weaknesses

Confirmed for pretending to like Star Wars because a new movie came out

Pic related. It's you
>>
>>64084100
Not quite, anyone born around 1982 counts so really anyone up to around 33 is part of the millennial generation.
>>
>>64084213
>older people were laughing at Kylo from the moment he took off his mask

Why did they laugh at him? Because of his normal fucking face?

Sounds like your ideal older people are juvenile as shit.
>>
>>64083305
I think he's cool. he's a bit of a conflicted fuck up and I can see whatever happens in the future being interesting
>>
File: 1450910815454.jpg (299 KB, 688x1000) Image search: [Google]
1450910815454.jpg
299 KB, 688x1000
>>64084202
By classic you meant uncreative and bland. This would be some 2/10 tier writing. If he doesn't have better motives (he won't), this whole new tirlogy is fucking shit. They stand and fall alone with his motivations and why he even joined the dark side.

Liking him at this point makes no sense, though, just shows how many people have no taste and are retarded. He did nothing but disappoint in this first movie. About to lose fights he should never lose, ugly as sin, edgy, tantrums that became a literal running gag with storm trooper comic relief scenes.
>>
File: 1449719967549.png (921 KB, 610x607) Image search: [Google]
1449719967549.png
921 KB, 610x607
>21

>I love the idea of a villain who' basically a goth kid from 2007 showing you his knife collection. Also his vader voice sounds pretty neat
>>
>>64083727
/thread
>>
>>64083305

Really like him. Conflicted as fuck, for legitimate reasons. Acted very very well by Driver.

Age 25
>>
>>64084231
>and that it makes no sense at all for those faggot kids to even know how powerful vader actually was when even his own subordinates were surprised by his powers and only Tarkin seemed to know all about his powers. Not to mention that Vader never did anything in the OT that was half as impressive as what this shonen boy did in 7.
THANK GOD SOMEONE SAYS IT.

This whole line was cringe-worthy as fuck. Why is no one ever addressing this? "YOU FEAR YOU WILL NEVER BE AS STRONG AS VADER!!! HOW DARE YOUUUUUU, AAA!"

Fuck.
>>
>22
I think he has the potential to be a really goddamn scary motherfucker.
He's ambitious, devoted, and angry. I can understand where people get their "edgy teenager with anger issues" interpretations from, but he seems much more focused than that.
>>
>>64084311
>better motives

Such as? I'm curious to hear your spicy and original ideas.
>>
>>64084363
>for legitimate reasons
You are probably retarded and have an IQ of 90 or below but I ask regardless; what reasons? Why does he adore Vader? Why did he join the dark side and even killed his father? Why is he the way he is?
>>
I'm supposed to believe some ugly turkish looking dude is the son of characters portrayed by Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher.
I can't do that.
>>
>>64084311
Yoda explains that power is quicker and easier to obtain through the dark side which could explain why he went down that path, because he felt like he needed to be better than everyone else.
>>
>>64084396
I didn't write this character, I'm not the one who has to come up with good motives. Anakin actually had plenty, though. Unless this faggot he had a ridiculously pathetic life, never got the respect he deserved and wanted to save Padme's life.
>>
26. I've never really minded misanthropic or angsty characters, he was fine. Never been that big of a Star Wars guy.

>>64083414
>>64083727
>>64084062
>>64084162
>>64084168
>>64084183
>all these guys over 30 and proud
>explains a lot of the posts here lately
if I'm doing this at your age I'm going to just fucking kill myself
>>
File: take off your mask.jpg (42 KB, 506x667) Image search: [Google]
take off your mask.jpg
42 KB, 506x667
>>64084441
>because he felt like he needed to be better than everyone else.
Damn, that's deep. I'm totally fine with this. Explains throwing away a 10/10 life and killing your own father, too.

Pretty good writing, J.J.
>>
>>64084420
>Related to Vader, one of the greatest, strongest force users ever
>He had an army that spanned the Galaxy
>Revered and respected all over
>Soaked deep in myths, legends and stories
>Has many followers still in existence
>"Why does his grandson look up to him?"

You're a faggot.
>>
>>64084455
>all those around 20 retards liking a character that literally has no background or reasoning
>tantrums and in your face shit to compensate for this and make tasteless people simply forget there is no writing
>>
>>64083305
Why the fuck is he one of the supreme commanders in charge of the army? He's clearly unstable,childish, with zero leadership capabilities and failed every mission he was assigned to. Snoke should have just focused on training him.
>>
File: kyloren pixiv.png (3 MB, 2481x4896) Image search: [Google]
kyloren pixiv.png
3 MB, 2481x4896
I wasn't sure at first but he grew on me more and more as I watched. I think he's became most impressive Star Wars villain to me. Darth Vader is epic and all but Kylo's unstable personality and imperfections make him more interesting. And I don't find the actor ugly.
>>
>>64084474
It happens all the time in real life, senpai. The children of famous people all become degenerate narcissists who are constantly conflicted at never living up to their parents.
>>
>>64084503
He adores Vader's character, not his status. Retard.
>>
It's nice to have an "evil" character struggling with doing good, for once instead of the other way around. The fact that he isn't a badass, but desperately tries to act like it makes him seem sympathetic, somehow. He feels human, with his emotional outbursts and idolization of vader. He has a pretty appealing lightsaber-style, using it almost as a heavy broadsword instead of some wishy washy rapier or anything else really reminding you of the prequels cringey sword-dancing. Driver's a good actor as well.

I'm 30.
>>
>>64084452
>These ideas are not creative!
>I don't actually know what creative means nor can I give an example of something creative

lol.
>>
>>64084545
Yeah, we are not watching Star Wars to see some generic real life story about a generic gothic kid with an IQ of 95. It's supposed to be a sci-fi fairy tale with some actual punchlines.
>>
>>64084264
Never used nor implied something/someone being ideal, don't put words in my mouth and don't assume if you want to have a straight to the point internet conversation.

He has a normal face, but than again everyone has a normal face for him/her.

You sound mad, if you feel called out by anything I write don't or if you find yourself in something I write, don't talk to me about it ad don't bring it to our conversation because that is something which concerns you and only you and I can't do anything about it, nor do I care.

People were laughing, I assume, because he looked like an emo kid. Not a bad guy, not a threat, not like someone who could have any serious position in the remnants of a galactic empire, not as someone with whom the older audience could connect to because of a simple reason...most of them grew out of their angsty teen phase, an when you pass a phase like this it just seems silly in retrospect.
>>
>>64084547
I'm pretty sure it's both, you fucking idiot.
>>
>>64084420
Every single person who has gone to the dark side has done so because it is the path of least resistance, a pursuit of power. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, and hate leads to the dark side of the force you fucking shitter. He is shown to be a confused scared boy. I bet you think Snoke is some random alien who happens to be the same race as Plagueis and is extremely versed in the dark side.
>>
So, what's up with all those SJW/NeoGAF newfags liking every new piece of shit movie and hyping it up? Since when is /tv/ like this?

>>64084563
I just made the Anakin/Vader example. I understand why you want to ignore this, though. Because it was an actual reason for a character to join the dark side while this new J.J. faggot has none.

lol XD
>>
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 507x283) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 507x283
>24
>Kylo Ren is my favorite part of the movie and I love him

Adam Driver did a terrific job as Ben Solo. And I'm glad they cast someone who's so tall (6'3") and with such a deep voice. I hope he is heavily featured on the next films, and I cannot wait to see him interact with Luke.
>>
>>64083305
>I giggled like a motherfucker when I first saw him take his mask off.
>23
>>

Favorite character in the movie
>>
>>64083727
>This was the main reason for whey they use blast weapons and not bullets in Star Wars, because Jedi could easily stop bullets.
Feel free to back this up anytime now.
>>
>>64084548
This. I just wanted to hug him at the end.
>>
As a standalone villain, he's aight. Does plenty of evil shit but is revealed to be conflicted and somewhat multidimensional by the end of the movie.

As an edgelord who wants to be Darth Vader in a movie that wants to be Episode IV, he's hilarious.
>>
>>64084594
tl-dr : You're mad and too old to be here. Get a fucking life already. You wrote waay too much.

>This movie is for teens, the older people agreed and then we laughed at his face

I'm not mad, just pointing out that you think like a dumbnigger. That is my point. You should have been able to comprehend that, so you've got a lot to learn still.
>>
>>64084606
I'm pretty sure I don't care about your fanfic.

>>64084616
Anakin/Vader joined the dark side because he wanted to save Padme.
>>
>>64084718
He wanted the power to save her

:^ )
>>
>>64084718
Prequels aren't canon
>>
He's great. He's interesting and fun on screen, definitely my favorite new character.
>What is your age?
>>
>>64084718
There are multiple reasons for wanting power how can you not realize this?
>>
File: hype fire.gif (3 MB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
hype fire.gif
3 MB, 300x237
>23
>>64083952
>He's by far the greatest character of the sequel trilogy thus far and arguably the only character who might be able to bring the trilogy to cinematic greatness. He should NEVER redeemed, Kylo must remain a servant of the Darkness, unto his death. Unlike Vader, there should be no repentance for him. Otherwise his entire journey as a character would seem worthless.
>>
>>64083305

>19

I nearly started laughing out loud when he took his mask off, due to his resemblance to Andy Samberg.

The unmasking completely ruined my immersion with the movie because he basically looked like an edgy misunderstood meme-lord teenager.
>>
>>64084632
>save Padme's life

That is creative? That is original? It's fucking retarded since she was never in danger until he went fullretard.

>be given a great chance by wise people to escape a life of slavery and poverty
>repay them by killing them all and never being grateful
>Also, an old man suddenly turned him evil by telling him a story about a man who could revive people
>wife ded

You should stop sharing your opinions.
>>
>>64083352
>>64083452
>>64083683
>>64083546
>>64083681
>>64083683
>>64083708
>>64083867
>>64083952
>>64083967
>>64084008
>>64084120
>>64084164
>>64084166
>>64084173
>>64084298
>all those 15-22 year old teens liking this unlogical shit character, same people that give this movie a 10/10 on Rotten Tomatoes

>>64083727
>only one post that's saying the truth

Just confirmed. You should never take people praising 7 seriously. They're just kids that don't care.
>>
>>64084718
>because he wanted to save Padme.
About that.
What the fuck.
Did Anakin think that the force would have made him a super doctor or something? It was clear as day that Sith's powers are made and driven by destruction,and Jedis never showed anything close to healing powers either.
>>
Darth Schoolshooter totally worked for me. I'm 33.
>>
>>64083305
kylo is an interesting and human villain. At least we get to see the struggle for power of a budding sith lord

impossible not to root for him to see him beat the mary sueish main character, at least temporarily at th eend of the next movie
>>
>>64084699
Thank you for the lesson master, I hope that one day I'll also learn to use leet internet phrases like tl-dr, just like you.

Well based on the original trilogy one could assume that it'll be a family movie, or at least for the ages 16 and up, and going by the number of older people sitting in the cinema they must have thought that too. Instead they got a teen movie. They didn't expect Hunger Games or Race to Witch Mountain.
>>
>>64084887
m8 the film is trash, we're just saying Kylo is the highlight of this turd
>>
>>64084887
>"unlogical"
>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE RAAGGH

Is that you, Anakin?
>>
>>64084844
> he basically looked like an edgy misunderstood meme-lord teenager
The actor is 32. What exactly makes him look like an edgy teen to you? Is it the dark, wavy hair? There's plenty of people with hair like this. His hair look very natural, they aren't emo styled or anything.
>>
>>64084768
This J.J. shit literally isn't canon. OT and prequels are the only thing about Star Wars that's somehow canon.

>>64084882
>That is creative? That is original? It's fucking retarded since she was never in danger until he went fullretard.
>didn't even watch the prequels he shits on
He knew she wouldn't survive the birthi n case you were 6 when the movie came out. And yes, it's creative compared to no reason at all.

You should kill your 20 year old faggot ass.
>>
>>64084887
>I like this character, therefore the whole movie is 10/10 GOTYAY etc

never reproduce.
>>
>>64083305

I love Kylo Ren because I strongly identify with him. He's a wimpy dude but he tries his hardest to be a badass, that makes him endearing and I hope he succeeds and becomes a huge asshole everyone is scared of.

He has the same power fantasies, fascination for bad guys (because let's face it, the good guys are never badass enough) as me, but he lives in a fantasy universe where he can actually realize them if he tries hard enough.

At the end of the day, being an "edgy kid" is only a bad thing if you can't live up to your own standards. And Kylo is actually not that far from making it as a villain. Watching him struggle to become like Vader is like watching my home team compete, I can't help but cheer him on.

I get what he represents, I know it's guys like me, and I fully embrace it.
>>
Grew on me. Has potential to be great.
>>
>>64084904
How do you think Anakin came to be? Plagueis was able to will people into existence with the force. Sidious fucking told him but lied to him so he could break him into becoming Vader.
>>64084882
>implying Anakin could have known
He was fucked from the beginning for reasons above.
>>
>>64084948
But people here explained how he is unlogical and what is shit about him? And in every other Star Wars thread and on a thousand internet sites. Are you autistic?
>>
>>64083305
I like Kylo but his motivation is fucking terrible
>im bad because I want to be like vader >:((((((
>>
>>64083305
>23
Seems interesting, looking forward to more background info and character development in the next movie.
>>
>>64084996
We've been over this. Strong emotions are what make people turn to the dark side.
>>
>23
Looks weak with his long face.
Literally everyone in my family criticized his weak facial aesthetics.
Should have never taken off his mask
Worst villain
>>
>>64084996
What's wrong with it?
He wants to be a badass, Vader was a badass, so why not try and be like him?
>>
>>64084996
Is this confirmed? I assumed there's something much deeper; possibly related to his uncle being the reason his grandfather is dead.

Maybe blinding hatred towards the lack of loyalty shown by Luke.
>>
>26

He is a very interesting character but his jobbing to Rey and Finn was a mistake, it would have worked better if his impotent rage was actually dangerous.

I also think it is a bit jarring how TFA is basically a remake of ANH, except for the part where the Vader character is intimidating. It felt like listening to a song where just one of the bandmembers isn't in tune.
>>
Hes a great character. The fact that hes trying to be something hes not is hypocritical poetry. He clearly has no idea what hes doing by trying to fit a greater mans shoes. They'll never make a more menecing villan, so instead they did something completely different by giving all the characters personality.

And thats all star wars is, character interaction and space fantasy.

>>
>>64085091
>Should have never taken off his mask
This is a dank meme. Rey and Kylo know each other because they not only are family but because they were training in the ways of the force one way or another.
>>
>>64084887
>reading before shitposting
>>
>>64085119
impotent and dangerous are pretty much contradictory

I think they're setting him up as a jobber so they can surprise people by making him kick ass in the sequel
>>
>>64083305
Bretty good
>>
File: dear god.jpg (32 KB, 300x199) Image search: [Google]
dear god.jpg
32 KB, 300x199
>>64085091
>people criticizing actor's face
like you can control the face you have
>>
Very good character, compelling, what Anakin should have been. Solid performance. 32.
>>
>>64085195
Nigga, it's Hollywood. Bruce Jenner is a chick now. You can change your face.
>>
>>64085174
They're setting him up as a jobber so when he turns good he'll finally be powerful as shit, but die immediately.

He'll turn good, just at death. The next movie is gonna be even more rough for him.
>>
>>64085195
you can control which actor and therefore the face attached to that actor you hire.

Don't act like that is unreasonable.
>>
>>64085174
I think the reason they make him as weak as he is, is to strengthen the inner conflict hes having with the dark/light. There he is trying to be "so hard and got so far, and in the end it doesn't even matter". He sees that the light is actually stronger and may likely turn.
>>
>>64085195
>make-up team
>CGI
>casting

What are you even saying? Actors get turned down all the fucking time because they don't look right for the role.
>>
File: kawaikylolo.jpg (109 KB, 1280x853) Image search: [Google]
kawaikylolo.jpg
109 KB, 1280x853
Kylo and Hux are lovers

Proof is pic related
>>
>>64085149
>hypocritical poetry
what?

>trying to be something hes not
What?
By that logic nobody should try to get good at anything, because no one is born with fully-developed skills.
>>
>>64084953
Have you ever heard of someone being "the wrong man for the job" type of situation? Well he is the wrong man for the job of the main villain/threat of a movie, unless we are talking about teen movies with characters with a teen mentality.
Imagine someone like Clint Eastwood portraying young Skywalker, even if his acting were great he would look too sure, too strong for a lost-in-the-world kid, hen Clint enters a room in any movie the room starts to revolve around him thus making him a bad choice for such a role.
This guy is wrong for a role of the threat/main bad guy of a movie, at least for older audiences. They expected someone menacing, someone who could hold a high position in the remnants of the galactic empire, this guy doesn't look like that.
>>
Everyone's motivation is finding Luke Skywalker, for some reason.

He's trying to find some sort of mcguffin.

The rebels are still the underdogs by a significant margin...

Boring movie.
>>
File: j.j. kids.jpg (338 KB, 1902x787) Image search: [Google]
j.j. kids.jpg
338 KB, 1902x787
This is what this thread gave us.
>>
>>64085250
>Actors get turned down all the fucking time because they don't look right for the role.
So by your own logic his face is perfect for the role because they chose him over hundreds of others.
>>
>>64085265
He is going to become good you retard. He is trying to be evil when he is not. Doesn't even have Sith eyeballs especially after killing his father.
>>
>>64085195
You can control who you cast.
>>
>>64085244
>>64085233
Honestly making him turn good would be a complete waste of his character.

Instead they should allow him to develop into a real villain, but at the cost of even more horrible shit happening to him (cause killing his dad wasn't sufficient).
>>
>>64085234
>>64085091
I don't get this face meme. What were you expecting when he took off the mask? His character is portrayed as a young adult, which means his appearance would look something similar to an average 25-33 year old male.

You guys were expecting some handsome devil? Or some disfigured goon? You know his mother and father, so why does it surprise you that he looks like your typical /tv/ lurker?

Kylo's appearance is far more convincing than young Anakin.
>>
>>64085306
Alternatively, he knows somebody or the casting director is an idiot.
>>
>>64083305
I liked he was a nurjob with uncontrollable outbursts and unrefined powers and lightsaber. He sounded vetter with the mask.
>>
>>64085310
>still thinking the prequels are relevant
You're the retard. And who good guys can't become evil?
Luke was on the path to becoming evil even though he started out as a good guy.
>>
>>64085294
You have too much free time on your hands or are genuinely autistic.

The majority of people in this thread have been over 26 and expressing satisfaction with Kylo's character.

Humour me, for just a couple minutes: what's your life like IRL? Horrible?
>>
>>64085264
>phasma sighting
should be a drinking game. each time she's shown, take a swig. see if it's possible to be drunk by the end of the movie.
>>
>>64084455

>26
>thinks 4 years makes a significant difference

you've got a lot of growing up to do, you're still stuck in a teenager mode of thinking where theres a difference between being 16 and 17
>>
22, those two stormtroopers' reaction when he throws a fit was my favorite scene.
>>
>>64085334
He is an ugly white guy.

We had this shit for months with boyega with the really unflattering face in that one trailer and everyone said he was too ugly for a mainstream movie.

Movies are a visual medium. People are shallow.
What don't you fucking get?
>>
>>64084548
>The fact that he isn't a badass, but desperately tries to act like it makes him seem sympathetic, somehow.

As a certain character said at the times when Star Wars movies were good: Do or do not, there is no "try".

>He has a pretty appealing lightsaber-style, using it almost as a heavy broadsword instead of some wishy washy rapier

So he's so retarded, that after years of training he did not yet figure that the only thing he's accomplishing by swinging a blade that does not need momentum to cut as if it did is making himself easier to reck?
>>
>>64085276
It's obvious to anyone who has a brain that Kylo isn't the true villain of this trilogy, that's why he doesn't seem to fit the part. He's being used by Snoke, who is the real threat.
>>
>>64085264
Hux has a nice waist. Why isn't Hux discussed at all here while 50% of topics are about Kylo? Could it be because Driver's take on him was so good that he totally overshadowed everyone else?
>>
>>64085405
>the villain is ugly
>people are shallow
no, I get it. I'm just not sure why /tv/ is too immature to just let it go.

this place is crawling with homos or women. I'm not sure which.
>>
>>64085385
>IF I SAY THEY DIDN'T THEN THEY DIDN'T
They are canon you fucking retarded faggot.
>And who good guys can't become evil?
To what have been more like as to what? Speak English. How is Luke relevant? Kylo is a character who chose the dark side and the light is fighting through. Luke is a light side character slowly getting darker like his father but fought it off and did the impossible turning Vader away from evil. Vader was supposed to be irredeemable.
>>
>>64085324
>making him turn good would be a complete waste of his character.

What do you mean? Seems like that's the arc they're setting up, they've already said he keeps getting tempted and weakened by the light side.

He's conflicted right now. Having him turn good would be a first for the films, since Luke went Neutral to Light, and Anakin went Light to Dark.

Dark to Light needs to be done, and I'm guessing what they will do.
>>
>>64085454
Yeah because only gay people can tell if other men are good looking.

you are either blind or fuckugly or both.
>>
>>64085435
Hux barely did anything. He's your usual stuck up commander that will flee/get humiliated when the order goes down.
>>
>>64085324
>Honestly making him turn good would be a complete waste of his character
Depends. As it stands it could easily be much more satisfying than Vader's redemption, because unlike Vader's conflict Ren's is on the surface and an integral part of his character from the very start.

I think if they just use him as Vader Lite with a redemption at the end it would be a complete waste. But if they actually shift him gradually into a more outright protagonistic role it could benefit the story greatly. He'd certainly be more interesting than fucking Rey is.
>>
File: 300.gif (561 KB, 183x159) Image search: [Google]
300.gif
561 KB, 183x159
>>64083305
To me, he's basically what I'd imagine Vader was like when he was around the same age after Ep. 3. I think the people bitching about him being too whiny never saw a Star Wars movie before this one, and never saw the prequels.
>>
>>64085467
They really don't count anymore.

I don't remember rey and kylo jumping around like anime characters when fighting.
This is episode 7. The prequels never happened.
>>
>>64083305
Joke of a character who should just kill himself, as any semblance of menace he possessed is now gone, so even a completely new character would do a better job of pretending to be an actual obstacle to the heroes.

>>
>>64085467
>luke isn't relevant
>the prequels are relevant
>the rest of my post doesn't prove or disprove the point at hand

Not going to try and argue with you anymore.
>>
So why is it fair for the whiny ass SJW women to get their Mary Sue world-beating power fantasy?
>>
>>64085487
>dude is ugly
okay, we done? or will you appear in the next thread to further complain that he's not a young brad pitt?
>>
>>64083642
When do they call her Vader's granddaughter?
>>
>>64083305
>Greatest SW villain ever (inb4 but muh EU)
>19
>>
>>64085539
This is remarkable mental gymnastics.
>>
>>64085426
How does that make me connect with him, or take him seriously in this movie? When Snoke appears Snoke will appear, that's than, this is now.
Also the argument about his position in the empire still stands. He should be the guy in the middle of his training hiding behind the robes of snoke, peeking out to snare angrily at people and being hit on the fingers when he tries to have one of his fits of rage.
>>
>>64085545
I hope you get banned for trying to derail this thread with that shit tier baiting.
>>
>>64085545
Because that's what male action heroes have been for decades.
>>
>>64085559
I dunno. If somebody asks me about Kylo Ren then I might talk about Kylo Ren.
you fucking cunt.
>>
>he's prone to anger and melancholy therefore he is an edgy millennial

never heard of literary characters like Achilles, Hamlet, Lucifer (Milton)?
>>
>>64085542
No you fucking retard Luke isn't relevant to another character turning one way or another considering Kylo chose dark WHILE BEING TOUGHT BY LUKE. KILL YOURSELF. You are too fucking stupid to even understand context. Jesus Christ I have to spell everything out for you.
>>
>>64085475
Dark to Light has been done with Vader.

What I mean is that, at the end of the day, the characters we root for are the ones who try their hardest to achieve their goals. Not necessarily underdogs, but just the characters who try their hardest.
And if Kylo Ren turned good, all his efforts would be wasted, it would be a huge letdown. He's an opportunity to develop a new kind of villain, one who wasn't tricked into joining the bad guys, one who wasn't evil all along. A villain who actively tries to be a villain, similarly to how good guys struggle to be good.

It's new, it's refreshing, it's engaging.

Redeemed bad guys are a dime a dozen by comparison.
>>
>23

I loved him on a technical and person level. His lo-fi masked voice and jagged lightsaber were nice touches.

>>64083952
There are tinges of ISIS to the First Order. I guess I just don't properly understand (and the movie doesn't really explain) the state of the Republic versus the First Order. Is the First Order striking out as a show of force (a la a terrorist attack) or are they striking out because they actually run shit and are perturbed by the Resistance?
>>
>>64085566
Maz calls her that. If you don't pay attention you'll miss it, but she does.

I've seen the film twice, I noticed it the first time and confirmed it the second. It's when Rey starts freaking out after touching the Saber and Maz comes to calm her.
>>
ITT: a bunch of underage mastermemers who forget this is a trilogy with character development and genuinely think kylo will stay the way he is come the final act.

How impatient are you brats. Are you playing devils advocate for attention?
>>
Great character. Ruined by mary sue bitch winning a battle she shouldn't have
>>
>>64083626
It's retards like you that give this board its bad name.

Did you even fucking watch the movie? Kylo Ren definitely acknowledges Vader's redemption, that's the whole reason he kills Han. He's afraid that he'll fall back to the light side like Vader did, so he does the one thing Vader couldn't; he kills someone he loves. He pretty much states it.

Please do us a favor and go back to watching your shitty prequels.
>>
>>64083642
They never said Rey was a Skywalker nor did they say Vader was her grandfather. They only said the force was strong in her. Though, to be fair, they way her story arc is framed pretty much suggests her heritage. Though they could still say "fuck it" and not go that route with her story.
>>
>>64085636
>full autismo rage
Why don't YOU like Kylo Ren?
>>
File: 1446837608527.jpg (5 KB, 263x191) Image search: [Google]
1446837608527.jpg
5 KB, 263x191
>>64083305
>your face knowing this trilogy won't end with dark side victory
could you imagine? if kylo and his master somehow converted luke and it ends with rey, finn, poe and leia being killed.
>>
>>64085671
I never stated one way or another ITT thus far. Arguing with someone who has room temperature iq bothers me.
>>
>>64085667
If you were paying attention you'd know shes the grandchild of Dooku.
>>
>>64083305
>23
He wasn't the worst part of the movie. Kinda have a potential, I think.
Movie itself is 7/10 tops.
>>
>>64085725
>iq
tippy top fedodo, m'good gentlesir
>>
>>64085667
They do, pay attention.
>>
>>64085771
;^)
>>
File: 1445411117564.jpg (581 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1445411117564.jpg
581 KB, 1920x1080
Kylo had the best character arc of the entire movie. The film itself is trying to be Episode IV, so it only makes sense that the main villain is trying too hard to be Vader, to the point that he just comes off as Darth Vader diet. He wears the black robes, acts all stoic and serious, and even has a mask to make his voice all spooky, even though he doesn't need it. He idolises Vader, so wants to be like him. Problem is, he's filled with insecurities and flaws. When something doesn't go his way he throws a hissy-fit and wrecks the shit out of everything around him like a child. In the first scene where we are introduced to him, Poe doesn't treat him like much of a threat, he just looks him in the eye and plays it cool with some jokes.
Thing is, he knows how he's not as good as Vader was. We see him praying to Vader's helmet for strength. His insecurities are shown front-and-centre to everyone watching when Rey turns his own powers against him and exposes him, he's just scared. We even see his face reveal to see he's just some pre-pubescent looking fucker with long greasy black hair and pimples a'plenty.
The best part of the film was Kylo's turning point, when he stops being a little bitch, mans the fuck up, and kills his own father. He drops the poor-man's Vader gimmick, and becomes his own character. He leaves the helmet behind for good, shoots Finn and Rey that "You're next on my shit-list and I'm gonna fuck you up" look, and despite getting shot point-blank by a weapon that has been destroying people all over the place in the film up until that point, he heads right for them to finish the job. He even cripples the shit out of Finn. The only reason he didn't kill Rey then and there was because A) His ribs are falling out. B) His massive planet destroying magnum-opus is falling to pieces all around him, and C) Snoke said he wanted her alive. Kylo Ren truly wast he best character oft he whole film.

>>
>>64085581
It's a great bait and switch by JJ though, to put him up front as the de facto villain. Everyone assumed he'd be the new Vader but instead fails completely and leaves the audience confused. It's the only good piece of storytelling in this movie so far.
>>
>>64085651
Interesting. I haven't seen anyone on the internet discuss it.

I'll have to watch for that when I see it again.
>>
>>64083984

That's because you got to see 6 movies worth of Vader's fall and ultimate redemption. Kylo only has one movie. Obviously his fall will be explained in the next movie.
>>
>>64083998

Kylo is not perfect like Sasuke. He's more like Obito.
>>
>>64085953
Read this thread. This is people on the internet.

Nobody pays attention, they just see what they want to see then have a bitch and moan.
>>
>>64083305
Character and backstory had potential, but his lines, actor and scenes are just poorly done.
I'm 22.
>>
>>64086027
>>64085953
>>64085785
>>64085667

Maz definitely implies it, but she doesn't say it. Finn and Rey have their lil dispute, Rey runs off then Maz gives Han a look like "ok nigga, stop fucking with me, who is the girl?" Then I think the conversation she has with Rey is like:

"What was that?"
"That saber used to belong to Luke... and his father before him... and now... you.."
>>
>>64083305

Good character. Probably the most developed and flesh-out character of the lot next to Finn. I like the angle they took with this new villain. A potential sith-in training trying to be menacing when in actuality he's just some confused, brainwashed kid who wishes he was something he wasn't. Really reminds me of all of the stormfront faggots on /pol/ who're proud of their white aryan German heritage or whatever.

I'm also with those who believe that he'll end up redeeming himself in the end. There's so many hints and clues thrown throughout the movie that highlight his relationship with Han and his mysterious past with Rey. After watching it a second time, it affirms that he really doesn't want to kill either; it's like he doesn't have a choice.

>What is your age?
>>
File: 11-Rey-pew-Kylo.jpg (528 KB, 1280x1069) Image search: [Google]
11-Rey-pew-Kylo.jpg
528 KB, 1280x1069
>>64084455

You're insecure...
...fearful...
...that you won't be able to measure up...
>>
File: karamazov.jpg (20 KB, 200x320) Image search: [Google]
karamazov.jpg
20 KB, 200x320
>>64084474

Who doesn't desire the death of his father?
>>
>>64086432

Uh that's not the theme at all. Dmitri was a romantic. Smerdyakov is the one who killed him for shit's sake.
>>
>>64084996
jedi turns to the dark side for the dumbest reasons since they are shit tier with emotions
>>64085294
JJ a hack whos only purpose is to assure sequels in the safest way possible,but there is moment i liked
finn first day
hans solo speech
Kylo talking to Darth vader
Rey flashback
March of the resistance
Hans and Leia
Kylo mind trick session
Hans death
luke reveal

the rest is nostalgiafest in the cheapest way and this world didnt felt endless or at least huge.
>>64085814
kylo a cool character but something is missing on his outfit like vader voice adapter or darth maul face and spikes
>>
>>64083305

I think Kylo Ren is a very multi faceted character with real motivations and depth.

I'm 30.
>>
>>64086545
>something is missing on his outfit like vader voice adapter or darth maul face and spikes
I feel the Cross-Guard saber was kind of "his thing". If you mean something's missing from more of a design-perspective, then perhaps that too is deliberate. Relatively speaking, he's a pretty normal sith. Vader had the mask because he was a cripple. Maul had the spikes because he was an edgy looking alien badass dude. Kylo's just some human, still in training. I guess his face getting cut up by Rey's lightsaber at the end of the film could count? At least from a symbolic point of view. Odds are they might change his design a little in Episode VIII. Maybe give him a new mask or something along those lines.
>>
good character, probably best written over poe (most likable), 21
>>
File: kylo_ren_star_wars_lightsaber.webm (450 KB, 810x354) Image search: [Google]
kylo_ren_star_wars_lightsaber.webm
450 KB, 810x354
>>64086766
>I feel the Cross-Guard saber was kind of "his thing"
now that i think about it,yes.
>I guess his face getting cut up by Rey's lightsaber at the end of the film could count?
not until we see the new scar.
>>
File: shazam!.jpg (37 KB, 620x400) Image search: [Google]
shazam!.jpg
37 KB, 620x400
>>64087300
also
SIDECAPE
>>
Kylo Ren is what Anakin should have been in the prequels. He's a fucking child and it shows. He feels entitled because he's got power and gets pissy when everything doesn't go his way. He thinks he knows better and is dismissive when he makes poor decisions. I think he worked well in TFA but I want to see some growth and development in Episode VIII because the childish act can't work again.
>>
He's the first Star Wars villain I thought was scary. The movie brought me back to 10 year old me watching the OT on VHS. I'd never felt like a Star Wars villain was unstable before him. He's an emotional wreck and it makes him unpredictable. 10/10 character in a decent flick.
>>
>>64084441
Yea the dark side is its own motivation. All these people talking about kylo ren having no reason to convert are... Pretty fucking stupid.
>>
>>64083305
He's well on his way to becoming the villian we want. He's still young, naive and unsure of himself which is why a lot of people probably don't like him.

Most people fail to remember the guy is fighting against the light the entire movie up until daddy falls off the walk way.
>>
>nobody addressing the fact she could very well be the grand-daughter of Obi-Wan

Come on.
>>
>>64087539
>Obi-Wan cucked his own apprentice
he was a good friend
>>
>>64087539
Maz claims Luke's saber belongs to her, as it's implied she's from Luke's bloodline since she also mentions how the saber once belonged to Anikin. As the Main theme of the Star Wars movies is watching the progression of the Skywalker bloodline, she'll either be Luke's or Leia's daughter. Her being related to Obi Wan would just be a lazy swerve that makes no sense.
>>
>>64087720
Where does she imply she's a Skywalker because I've watched the movie twice and I'm flipping through the HDCAM now. Nothing.

>As the Main theme of the Star Wars movies is watching the progression of the Skywalker bloodline

Are you forgetting Kylo is a Skywalker?
>>
>>64087763
>Where does she imply she's a Skywalker
It's pretty obvious. Why else would Maz start telling Rey about Luke and Anakin anon. Also, remember the trailer with the supposedly cut part where Luke is telling someone about how the force run in his family? The only character Luke meets in the entire film is Rey. Even though it was a deleted scene, he was most definitely talking to her.
>>
>>64088016
>Why else would Maz start telling Rey about Luke and Anakin anon.

Because they're the two most famous and important Jedi to have existed and also the previous owners of the lightsaber right in front of her.

> Also, remember the trailer with the supposedly cut part where Luke is telling someone about how the force run in his family?

That's flashback dialgoue given to Kylo as he was being trained.

>The only character Luke meets in the entire film is Rey.

They don't even speak to each other.
>>
26 here

was annoyed he didnt lose a fucking hand
>>
>>64088124
>That's flashback dialgoue given to Kylo as he was being trained.
Now where's the evidence for that?

>They don't even speak to each other.
Of course they did, just about 5-10 seconds IUT after the credits started rolling.
>>
>>64087763
Maz implies it through tone of speech, but she doesn't outright say it.

Finn tells Rey he can't take her to the rebel base, and they both storm off

Maz gives Han a look like "ok nigga, stop fucking with me, who is the girl?"

Then it shows Rey going downstairs and touching the saber, she has her vision, then the convo goes something like

>"I'm sorry I shouldn't be here... What was that?"
>"That saber, used to belong to Luke... before him, it belonged to his father... and now... it calls to you.."

I love that this movie does the opposite of the prequels by dropping hints and being subtle while telling a story, rather than smash you over the head with long boring expositional conversations.
>>
>>64088199
>Now where's the evidence for that?

There isn't any. This is speculation.

>Of course they did, just about 5-10 seconds IUT after the credits started rolling.

:^)

>>64088214
The only hints there are the ones you're making up and thinking about so much to the point you believe it for no reason.
>>
I love Kylo Ren, I found him to be intimidating and intriguing, while still displaying deep weakness, fear, and insecurity. Call me an emo faggot, see if I care.

Anyway, for anyone complaining that his character has no motivations, how about you wait for the next film to delve into backstory and actually watch the whole trilogy before judging based solely on this one. Do you even know how character arcs work?
>>
>>64088278
Sure. What will you say when Rey is Luke's daughter? Will we be making up living reality too?

Get some money and watch the film, you fucking poorfag. If you're not a retard the scene in reference will make so much sense to you. But that's only if you're not a retard.

But you are, so don't worry.
>>
>>64088297
They don't even need to wait for the next film, his motivations are made clear in this film.

Has Vaders blood in him
He looks up to Lord Vader and his legacy, like half the fucking galaxy
He has a whole lot of power within himself
He wants to finish what Vader started, to use his influence over the force to control EVERYTHING
Believes Vader was beaten by the light
He doesn't want that for himself

Some people are just intentionally playing dumb.
>>
>>64088357
>What will you say when Rey is Luke's daughter? Will we be making up living reality too?

When they say she's Luke's daughter she's Luke's daughter.

Not before.

>Get some money and watch the film, you fucking poorfag. If you're not a retard the scene in reference will make so much sense to you. But that's only if you're not a retard.

But you are, so don't worry.

Calm down. I've already told you I've watched it twice. No need to fly off the handle because someone tells you you're reading into shit too much.
>>
File: toucan.gif (970 KB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
toucan.gif
970 KB, 260x195
He's the best part of the movie for all of the reasons people make fun of.
Driver convincing in his struggle. Great nose and voice. Looks very handsome in the film compared to his private life and some of his other roles. He seems to be someone who looks godawful in photos compared to video.
And complaining he wasn't big bad, cold and super threatening when he took of that mask kind of misses the point completely.
>>
>>64084988
Ilogical is what you mean m8
>>
>>64088490
They've literally already said it

It was leaked in that Disney game too

I don't know what denial does for you, but hey, whatever
>>
>>64088643
>They've literally already said it

No they haven't,

>It was leaked in that Disney game too

It was proven he said "Curses!" a few days ago.

>I don't know what denial does for you, but hey, whatever

Not my fault you're retarded.
>>
>>64088472
>the force is strong in my family.My father has it.I have it. My sister has it. you have that power too.
some people dont get how straight foward Star wars is.
>>
>>64088695
>believing memes and retards to reinforce your own silly beliefs

Excellent goy, excellent. Let the dumb run through you.
>>
>>64083305
Didn't see a movie, no time for that, maybe on summer.
>>
>>64083305
Its because he is wrong.

Most of the reasons to hate him has been about him being edgy, childish, angsty, and because YOU, as the audience, should hate him. Same problem when cartoons have characters that are bullies. I've seen people clap at movies, but these same people also boo when villain is on stage.

He is hated, because people hate that kind of person.
>>
>>64088732
>literally believing a Disney child's video game reveals crucial plot details even thought it was proved wrong
>bringing up joo memes when the context doesn't even call for it

Kill yourself.

>Let the dumb run through you.

Cringe.
>>
File: harrison-ford.jpg (51 KB, 1000x666) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.jpg
51 KB, 1000x666
>>64083305
30. He was literally just a cheap knock off Vader to tick the box on "WE NEED A NEW VADER".

>Takes off his mask
>Literally entire audience laughed
>Gets beaten at the end of the first movie by someone who picks up a saber for the first time

I don't understand how anybody can like him. In New Hope, we see Vader decimate Obi-Wan, and they literally have to run away from him as fast as possible.

Empire Strikes back we see him rek Han and Luke. It's not until the final movie we see him finally be defeated, and only because he was holding back and Luke had succumbed to the Dark Side temporarily.

Even Maul was better than Kylo and more of a threat.
>>
>>64088813
>He was literally just a cheap knock off Vader
That's the point. See >>64085814
>>
>>64083727
Except it does make sense for him to adore Vader. Listen to JewJew explain it.
http://moviepilot.com/posts/3694833
>>
>>64085814
/thread
>>
>>64085814
Those are birthmarks though, not pimples. And his hair is glorious. And he's like 29 in the movie weirdly enough.
Otherwise agreed. Loved when he pounded that wound.
>>
>>64083305
>great character, good villain potential
>24
>>
>>64088812
>Genuinely Rey isn't Lukes daughter

JUST
>>
File: 1450687686103.jpg (17 KB, 541x559) Image search: [Google]
1450687686103.jpg
17 KB, 541x559
>>64088858
>H...HE WAS DELIBERATELY SHIT!
>>
>>64088813
Did you see the film? did you see the bit where they basically say he's just a loser trying really hard to imitate Darth Vader? And he was very clearly injured from being shot with the bowcaster, which they'd established sent normal people flying.
>>
>>64083305
>Best character in Star Wars
>21
>>
I think he has a lot of potential to develop, and was impressed with Adam Driver's portrayal

>>
>>64085814
I kinda felt this way too. He wasn't my favorite character in the film, but his progression was probably the best progression we've seen of any Star Wars villain so far. It's weird how many people just judge characters from one perspective, and don't pay attention to the progression that character goes through.
>>
>>64089047
>I didn't properly read the post and am just looking for an excuse to memepost
nvm lol
>>
File: Based Obiwan.jpg (21 KB, 250x361) Image search: [Google]
Based Obiwan.jpg
21 KB, 250x361
>>64089076
Did YOU see the film? Did you see him punching his own wounds to buff himself with suffering? Have you even watched, read or played any Star Wars shit except just the movies?

I mean fuck, even in Sith, Sheev is getting rekt until he gets hurt, then he reks Yoda's shit.

Force Awakens apologists are the greatest cucks I've ever seen, holy fuck.
>>
>>64083305

I think he's a faggot and really hope he doesn't get a redemption arc just straight up degraded and killed off.

That said I hate him as a character in the movie not as a bad element of the movie so he's a good character. Fuck that twat.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 32

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.