[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck was the point of it all? They won. Why are they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: Return-of-the-Jedi_0.jpg (135 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Return-of-the-Jedi_0.jpg
135 KB, 612x380
What the fuck was the point of it all? They won. Why are they still rebels. They're still on the run from a big evil Empire. It made no difference.
>>
to sell baby wookiee toys
>>
I REMEMBER WHEN THAT EWOK WAS PLAYING THE DRUMS ON THE STORMTROOPER HELMETS
I LAUGHED
I WAS HAVING SO MUCH FUN
THEN I TURNED 18 AND ON 4CHAN
THERE WAS ANTI-SEMITISM AND
PEOPLE CALLING EACH OTHER FAGOTS AND
RACISM AND CALLING WOMEN WHORES AND
I FEEL MY SOUL DYING BEING HERE AND
I JUST WANT TO GO BACK TO THAT EWOK BANGING
ON THOSE EWOK HELMETS AND GET AWAY
FROM THIS PLACE THAT DROWNS YOUR SOUL IN HATE AND PAIN
PAIN
SO MUCH PAIN
>>
>>64081749
The republic had no standing empire.

it had the same problems as the previous republic.

some shitlord was in the senate misdirecting everything and no one could agree on shit.

so rather than repeat the mistakes of the past, a rebelion was formed to nip that shit in the bud before another empire was born

how the fuck is this so hard to figure out you shit canning b8ing dumb fucking asslords.
>>
>>64081914
>no standing empire

I meant army
>>
evil
>>
>>64081914

the republic has an ASSTON of ships and troops

the Mon Calamari alone should have bajillion of ships by now, they have shouldered the burden of the entire rebellion practically themselves.

With the empire gone the republic should have tons of ex-imperial ships as well

Not only is this movie badly fucking written, the hipsters on reddit dont know the next thing about star wars.
>>
File: harrison-ford.png (130 KB, 236x440) Image search: [Google]
harrison-ford.png
130 KB, 236x440
>>64081749
D R O P P E D
>>
>>64081858
did the ekow play the helmets in the original?
>>
>>64081749
>the last attack
>Both commander in chief and his successor were killed
>Secret mega weapon destroyed
>largest fleet anhiliated along with their largest ship
>hundreds of thousands of empire casualties
>rebel alliance can now form the new republic
>hurr durr what was da point

Idiot.
>>
File: 1449260391516.jpg (31 KB, 390x382) Image search: [Google]
1449260391516.jpg
31 KB, 390x382
>the republic's army was much more powerful than the first order (this is explicitly stated in the movie)
>the republic must have known that the first order was building a giant weapon (how could they not notice a planet sized laser being built?)
>instead of using their fucking huge army they let a few rebels fight the first order

why
>>
What did you guys think would happen with a story set merely 30 years after Return of the Jedi? A new threat out of nowhere without involving the Empire would've felt contrived. The First Order feels like a dull, flaccid retread (especially given how much VII borrows from the original Star Wars), but at least it feels like a somewhat natural progression.

This is what happens when sequels a story doesn't need are created. You should've known this was a bad idea as soon as the movie was announced.
>>
they let the republic become a democracy again
>>
>>64081749
It's what the fans wanted. :)
>>
How come Luke and Han and everyone just gave up after defeating the Empire, allowing some other, more powerful agency to takeover merely months later
>>
File: carrie-fisher.png (112 KB, 286x374) Image search: [Google]
carrie-fisher.png
112 KB, 286x374
>>64081749
>>64083316
D R O P P E D
>>
File: darth-vader-original_0.jpg (185 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-original_0.jpg
185 KB, 1600x1200
Reminder that Vader did nothing wrong

- The Jedi Order was outdated
- The republic was a failure that let local powers like the Hutt clan to have its own currency and have slaves
- The empire was needed to maintain order on the galaxy
- The rebels were too young and unexperienced to rule the galaxy
>>
>>64083422
muh treaty
>>
>>64081749
>that comfy feel at the end of ROTJ
>based yub nub
>old vader ghost joins obi and yoda

man, i'm so glad I have the original VHS tapes
>>
>>64081749

How did they fix R2 so fast?
>>
>>64083316
>>64083514

>Real Jew (Jewish mother)
>super rich, one of the most famous actors on the planet
>Fake Jew (jewish father only)
>Brain damaged old drug addict, dusted off for a reboot, only very rich

Jews are so evil
>>
>>64083524
>Jedi Order outdated
But what were the negatives it brought? Only thing I could imagine is they probably mind-tricked parents who didn't want to give their force sensitive child up in order to keep them from falling to the dark side.

>Republic failure
At least there was autonomy and relative peace. Also the Empire has goddamn garrisons on Tatooine and it's still completely run by Jabba.
>Order
seemed pretty orderly before the Emperor created a red flag
>too young
I guess no new governments should ever form then right? USA should have remained a British colony.
>>
The re-established senators are probably bickering about how to redistribute the former Imperial forces that didn't join the First Order, the Hutts are probably making a vie to grab more sectors and there are probably numerous separatist movements that cropped up after the Emperor was defeated. The "Rebels" in this movie are probably just a group acting without any sanctions from the Republic because they recognize the threat the First Order presents.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.