[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>J.J. ABRAMS recently read the script for Episode VIII of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: JJ_Video-Still.jpg (451 KB, 2016x1147) Image search: [Google]
JJ_Video-Still.jpg
451 KB, 2016x1147
>J.J. ABRAMS recently read the script for Episode VIII of Star Wars. And he had a reaction to it that his lifelong friend, “The Force Awakens” actor Greg Grunberg, had not ever heard from the director over their decades together in the industry.

>“He read it and said something he never, ever says,” Grunberg, who plays pilot Snap Wexley in the new film, tells The Post’s Comic Riffs. Grunberg said that Abrams called the Episode VIII script “so good” that he wished he had written it.

>Even to a greater degree than Abrams did with Star Trek, Grunberg says that the director — his fellow-geek friend since kindergarten — made this “Star Wars reinvested,” in multiple senses of that term.

What did he mean by this?
>>
That could just be him being a professional, and helping Disney market the next one, but I'm gonna be optimistic and say it's real fucking good.
>>
>>64080924
JJ thought bringing in Kahn in the second Star Trak movie was a good idea
>>
>>64080985
Dare I get my hopes up after ep.7 let me down?
>>
>>64081042

Episode VII was a soft reboot with throwbacks and establishing the new characters

Episode VIII will be written by based Rian Johnson and it can become this generation's Empire Strikes Back
>>
He's jealous that the next movie will be better than the one he directed.
>>
>>64080985
Brick is one of my all time favorite movies and I got a real kick out of TFA, so I have high hopes.
>>
>>64080924
I'm imagining him saying it like Franco in spider-man 3
>>
jj is an adament sjw so it probably just means that 8 will be a rey fest
>>
>>64081085
> this generation's Empire Strikes Back

This is the attitude that will kill the franchise for good if the producers adopt it.

If you hate callbacks so much, then stop asking for a new ESB and let them tell a new story.
>>
SHOO SHOO JEW JEW
>>
>>64081140

this generation's ESB in the sense that it's going to be a really great movie you retard
>>
>>64080924
Why is he holding his hands together?
>>
which franchise will this jew suck the soul out of next?

I think the matrix.
>>
>>64081456

Back to the Futur or Hannibal
>>
good
>>
>>64080924

I'm curious--each movie has a different crew, including writers. Does Lucasfilm have the plot of these films laid out, or is whoever they hire to make the films just kind of making it up as they go along? That has me concerned. Does the Ep. VIII crew have to make up the resolution of VII and then same with IX?
>>
good
>>
>>64082929
So many people asking this.

The executive producers write the outline of all major plot points. They give this to the writer and director and tell them to create that story with their own artistic flair. The producers may tell the writer "Poe was liked give him more to do and say in the script, make Rey seem more helpless since people called her a Mary Sue" but the major points are already set in stone.
>>
>>64082929
From what I understand Kasdan gave Johnson an outline of the major character beats, so it's not like it's gonna be majorly disjointed
>>
kylo renn = shift towards protagonist
rey = shift towards antagonist
>>
>>64080924
>Snap Wexley

Sounds like a Harry Potter name
>>
I hope finn actually becomes a jedi. You can't market him as such and then pull the rug out like that
>>
I didn't realize Rian Johnson was the writer and director
>>
>>64081202
fucking this.

Rian's trackreckord so far has been spotless and he's really into Star Wars and knows not to fuck with certain stuff then he'll do the series justice.

They just MUST avoid any reference to the prequels and this rumour of Snoke being Darth Plagueis; i hope it won't happen. Sure the backstory was cool but i think they'll fuck it up by connecting it to the prequels.
I'm also not keen on the idea that Rey is related to Luke, i'd rather she find her father figure in Luke and being just as she, a lost child and they could work on the her parents in something else to give her a better backstory than go the easy route by being Luke's kid.
>>
>>64084713
If dubs then Snoke is Jar-Jar in disguise
>>
File: 1450868369220.jpg (266 KB, 2500x2500) Image search: [Google]
1450868369220.jpg
266 KB, 2500x2500
>>64084752
pic related
>>
>>64081111
checked
>>
>>64080924
It means that they showed him the script for Empire Strikes Back and changed the names of characters and locations.
>>
>>64084461
This, don't know why it's so hard to see. Rey is already perfect, she has to turn into the gifted heel. Kylo is the one who will have the personal journey towards the light.
>>
>>64081202
>implying they wont go to Sky City
>>
>>64080924
his opinion of a script means nothing.
>>
File: sith rey.gif (4 MB, 400x229) Image search: [Google]
sith rey.gif
4 MB, 400x229
>>64084461

will cum if true
>>
>>64085069
Yeah remember this is the guy who has employed Llindelof, Kurzman and Orci
>>
>>64084659
This, or at least make him more capable and fleshed out. Right now he isn't as interesting as he should be. All talk has been about Rey, Ben, Snoke, Luke, Phasma, and Poe.
>>
>>64085104
look at her evil fucking face, she's going to make a great sith
>>
>>64084713
>I'm also not keen on the idea that Rey is related to Luke, i'd rather she find her father figure in Luke and being just as she, a lost child and they could work on the her parents in something else to give her a better backstory than go the easy route by being Luke's kid.
How is it the easy route when the expanded universe literally always followed a Skywalker or a Solo descendant either falling to the dark side or fighting against it?
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.