[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fuck TFA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
I know it's been said before, but this movie sucked.

Unlike the original trilogy, the pacing was really rushed, camera jerky, action meh, characters were underdeveloped, and everything felt rather soul-less. For example: the scene where Han Solo is on the catwalk. It was supposed to be a highly emotional and moment in the saga, but the way it was executed made it completely non-moving. They mourn him for 10 seconds, then move on.

All of the character/plot development from ESB and ROTJ, gone. Leia is obsessed with war again, not able to care about anything else. The wrinkly old lady somehow has Luke's first lightsaber despite it falling into the Cloud City shaft. Leia and Han have completely failed as parents, but we don't get to see why. Luke went into hiding for some reason and had his new Jedi Order (predictably) destroyed, but again, we didn't get to see the re-building or any of the interesting stuff.

J.J. Abrams fucking sucks. He's like Michael Bay with a touch of sentimentality and "gee whiz"ness (see Super8).
>>
>>64080788
>we don't get to see why
>we didn't get to see the re-building or any of the interesting stuff.

This is the first movie in a trilogy. Why would you expect them to explain everything in the first movie?
>>
>They mourn him for 10 seconds, then move on.
So like Leia mourned for Alderaan, or Luke for his foster parents
>>
>>64080838
But those were minor characters. Han was an important part of the story
>>
>>64080788
The only thing soul less about the new star wars are the aspie manchild fans like you
>>
File: 1451056052419s.jpg (3 KB, 125x125) Image search: [Google]
1451056052419s.jpg
3 KB, 125x125
>>64080788
>>
File: 1450946020784.webm (627 KB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450946020784.webm
627 KB, 720x304
>>
TFA is fucking dog shit, anyone who likes it doesnt like star wars. fact.
the prequels were good, they actually had depth and substance. good character development.
tfa is just a shiny, nice effects flick with no real essence. just an eye pleaser

there were no comfy conversations in coruscant or any shots of cities, no interesting world concepts. boring as fuck
>>
>>64080988
yeahfam
there wasnt even ONE SINGLE scene of the galactic senate!
JJ is a fucking HACK
>>
>>64080855
Only from our perspective. Moving past devastating shit in mere minutes has always been Star Wars
>>
I don't think it outright sucked. As derivative as it is it's still mostly well-shot and well-edited. The casting was mostly solid, too.

The screenplay is just in such a hurry to pander and Rey is such a dull protagonist that the movie doesn't feel like it has any sense of identity. It has nothing to say. It's every bit as bad as the prequels in that sense. Maybe worse.

How many more threads are we going to have about this movie?
>>
File: 1427600657818.jpg (30 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1427600657818.jpg
30 KB, 450x450
>>64080988
>the prequels were good, they actually had depth and substance. good character development.
>>
>>64080988
>millenials
>>
File: 1445894994669s.jpg (2 KB, 125x70) Image search: [Google]
1445894994669s.jpg
2 KB, 125x70
>Tfw every butthurt star wars fan that is bitching about TFA still bought a ticket and saw it on it's opening weekend
>>
>>64081165
I saw it last night and regret it. It was so fucking awful and I feel swindled
>>
>>64080988
star wars movies are supposed to be about space adventures, not sitting and talking about politics with some CGI city in the background.
>>
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 625x417) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 625x417
>>64080788
Yeah, Han and Leia's parenting skills are excused very quickly because Kylo 'has too much Vader in him'. I wish we saw more grounded reasons than that.
>>
>>64081334
There was no adventure in TFA, the prequels had world buildings
>>
>>64080788
>All of the character/plot development from ESB and ROTJ

Seriously, have you watched anything besides a Star Wars movie? Star Wars never had the deepest characters.
>>
fine
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.