[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you really felt that TFA was that bad, just remember, this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9
File: 1138601.jpg (116 KB, 600x895) Image search: [Google]
1138601.jpg
116 KB, 600x895
If you really felt that TFA was that bad, just remember, this was the original sequel trilogy.

> Luke fights a clone of himself named Luuke
> No new characters
> Constant references to the OT
> Less happens in the whole trilogy than any of the individual films

Trust me, it's not as bad as you think.
>>
Only people with severe autism thinks that the EU is good
>>
>>64079710
The novelization of RotS is pretty great, KOTOR was a terrific game, and the 2d Clone Wars cartoon is the best thing to ever be associated with Star Wars (yes it's better than every single movie)
>>
Three's a big Half-Price books here in Dallas and I actually don't usually buy physical books but I like to shop for them and then download them later. In the sci-fi section there's literally hundreds of these fucking things. There's a reason they're not canon.
>>
thrawn trilogy is actually considered the absolute best thing that came out of the EU kek

Zahn did force the "Coruscant" meme though, George named the imperial capital "Imperial Center" or Had Abbadon
>>
>>64079738

Haha so wrong on so many levels.

>RoTs in every form is shit.
>Don' t you mean KOTORII was alright?
>First clone wars cartoon was okay but the cg one was pure shit.
>Zahn and Thrawn are for autismos
>>
>>64079685
good bait desu
>>
>>64079685
>No new characters
>Mara Jade
>Talon Karrde
>Borsk Fey'lya
>>
File: 1440869942545.png (102 KB, 210x259) Image search: [Google]
1440869942545.png
102 KB, 210x259
>species of monkey-lizard can nullify the Force
>bad guys go walking around with them hanging off their back to become Force resistant
>this is the """"best"""" of the EU
>>
>>64079857
>the absolute best thing that came out of the EU
That's the X wing books.
>>
Thrawn trilogy is dogshit for extreme autists and fedoramasters

Anything EU is fanfiction tier and unworthy of any attention
>>
File: edgy faggot jrpgs.jpg (86 KB, 599x594) Image search: [Google]
edgy faggot jrpgs.jpg
86 KB, 599x594
>>64079738
>and the 2d Clone Wars cartoon is the best thing to ever be associated with Star Wars (yes it's better than every single movie)
If you are a retard.
>>
>>64079996
all mary and gary stues
>>
EU also gave us darth icky
>>
File: The_Paradise_Snare_cover.jpg (115 KB, 500x827) Image search: [Google]
The_Paradise_Snare_cover.jpg
115 KB, 500x827
This was the best of the EU. Prove me wrong faggots.
>>
Reminder that in the thrawn trilogy luke transfers R2's consciousness into a little alien rat things body to save him, and r2 can speak English in it
>>
File: 0123.jpg (91 KB, 519x800) Image search: [Google]
0123.jpg
91 KB, 519x800
>>64079685
Infinitely superior as a sequel than TFA and Thrawn.
>>
>>64079872
>KotORII

you mean unfinished shit yea?
>>
The tales from Mos Eisley cantina book is hilarious, I highly recommend it.
>>
The Lucas sequel would've been based
It would take a more philosophical tune into the whole Jedi vs Sith / Good vs Evil
>>
>>64080174
Agreed even if I really like the Thrawn character
>>
>>64080209
Tales of the Bounty Hunters too
>IG-88 is the ultimate being and transfers his consciousness into the Death Star
>>
>>64080245
O yeah and the Jabbas palace one too. Well worth reading just for laughs.
>>
>>64080245
Kevin J. Anderson was to Star Wars what Kevin J. Anderson was to Dune
>>
>>64080149
literally a furry on the cover
>>
File: ig88.png (65 KB, 618x392) Image search: [Google]
ig88.png
65 KB, 618x392
>>
>>64080245
And every bounty hunter shown in ESB has a personal grudge against Han Solo and Chewbacca.
>>
>>64079685

The Thrawn Trilogy wasn't perfect...but Thrawn was fucking awesome.

The one competent non-force using member of the Empire in the OT was Tarkin...and thats it. Everybody else shown was just canon fodder. The Sequel Trilogy needs a Thrawn...not General Ginger
>>
>>64079685
> No new characters

Mara Jade
Tallon Karde
The fucking great Grandadmiral Thrawn
>>
>no new characters
>besides Thrawn

Fucking moron. Thrawn is one of the greatest villains. And the Thrawn trilogy actually made logical sense following on from ROTJ. There was an actual Republic, Luke and Leia and Han were treated as virtual royalty as they should be, and Thrawns' position as the leader of a remnant Empire makes perfect sense.
>>
>>64080291
>>
>>64080372
DUDE ART LMAO

His entire shtick was using art to decipher an enemies tactics, that was dumb as hell
>>
>>64080372
This. Its fucking cringeworthy that they show us that the Empire is able to build fucking Battlestations the size of a moon but all their commanders, gnerals and admiral are trained at french military schools.
>>
>>64080461
Still better than this shit with the military genius Admiral Goldfish:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_hGOFukMQ
>>
>>64080102
moving those goalposts
>>
>>64079685
>Luke fights a clone of himself named Luuke

>Implying it wouldn't have been great to see a confrontation between Luke Prime and Bigger Luke
>>
File: i raped frank herbert.jpg (26 KB, 555x601) Image search: [Google]
i raped frank herbert.jpg
26 KB, 555x601
>>64080283
Well EU was never really official cannon, while he wrote the dune books with Herbert's son.

I mean at least Jordorowsky wanted to rape Frank with love.
>>
How so?
>>
>>64079685
At this point in timeline we would've had the rise of Jacen Solo as Darth Caedus, or a little earlier than that, the Yuuzhan Vong War (which I know everyone hates but could've been cool movies)

>secretly becomes Darth Caedus as a young adult
>corrupts the Galactic Alliance from within
>Luke, Jaina, the old Alliance and the Jedi Order are exiled from the alliance, forming the Alliance-in-Exile
>AIE teams up with Imperial Remnant to dismantle the corrupted GA
>other Imperial splinter factions side with the GA
>Jaina ends up defeating Caedus and Luke and the Jedi retake control of the Galactic Alliance

would've been way more interesting than this bullshit we're getting.
>>
File: bait_of_the_utmost_quality.jpg (14 KB, 366x366) Image search: [Google]
bait_of_the_utmost_quality.jpg
14 KB, 366x366
>>64080071
>TFA
>not fanfic tier
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.