[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39
File: 1450544098982.jpg (212 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1450544098982.jpg
212 KB, 600x450
What the fuck did i just watch? no seriously, what the fuck?

i dont know where to start with this monstrosity of a flick. if it wasn't for the obvious faces and lightsabers it would just be the usual high budget flick with the thinking that fancy effects and explosions will make a 'movie' good. fucking wrong.

i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot - infact im still struggling to see what the plot was? the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum.
-kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME. the fucking dindu put up a good fight, they both have zero fucking knowledge in using one, let alone the force in general. what the fuck?
how can anyone possible criticise the prequels with pieces of liberal shit like this one? there were no characters in TFA with any presence, or something that made you think 'wow i like this guy'. the prequels had mace windu, anakin, obi wan, darth vader, darth maul, etc. what did this one have? the characters were fucking dull as fuck, im actually angry as im typing this i just cant get over what i just watched and i need to vent it somewhere.

trust disney to fuck up this bad. i dont even need to mention (but i will anyway) the obvious racism with the dark side being all white, and the 'goodies' being a melting pot of spics, chinks, dindus, females etc. how can this racism even be allowed?

sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.
>>
can someone just nuke this board
>>
Autism. Remember when Darth Vader gets mocked for following ancient religion? Leia hurr strong woman dont need mans.

Go fuck yourself piece of shit
>>
>>64079442
most people seem to have missed this but aftr kylo kills his father chewbecca shoots him in the stomach while he is in a trance like state. This has severely reduced him.
>>
ive just witnessed the birth of a new meme
>>
He didn't die retard
>>
honestly OP the beginning and everything, up until they got into falcon was really, really good
sadly it all went downhill from there with some bright points from time to time
>>
Movie started to go downhill after they started introducing the OT cast. Surprisingly enough it was doing very well with all the new faces.
>>
As soon as they escaped in the millennium falcon and got picked up by Han it went to shit.
>>
>>64080046
>>64080151
It went to shit before that, when the first quip from poe came out when he was captured you knew it would be a marvel-esque shitfest
>>
>>64080193
well yeah, I'm not trying to say it was good before Han came in, just that it got significantly worse.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 664x303) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 664x303
Anyone else?
>>
Just turn off your brain, bro :)
>>
File: image.jpg (295 KB, 755x1024) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
295 KB, 755x1024
Let's get a post-mortem on TFA here.
>>
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan? The contrarian mental gymnastics regarding Star Wars: TFA is incredible and at the same time absolutely loathsome.

The constant denial, backtracking and moving the goalposts.

>"TFA will be shit! Fucking Jew Jew Abrams, fucking nigger main character, fucking SJWs! People won't accept this! It will be worse than the prequels and a total flop!"
>Trailer drops. Record pre-sales, screenings booked out months in advance. Hype incredibly high.
>"I-i-t'll still be a flop! Guaranteed to be shit! Phantom Menace sold well too before people realised it was shit! N-nigger character!"
>TFA releases. 5 star reviews, record opening day. People love based Johnny B's performance, and he's very well received.
>"o-ok it might not be as bad as we thought, but it's still not going to beat Jurassic World! Disney are finished!"
>Beats Jurassic World, despite being released in off-season and no Chinese release.
>"J-just wait until based RLM eviscerates it for being A New Hope ripoff in a Mr Plinkett review! You'll f-fucking see then Starfags!"
>Mike loves it. RLM approve and think it has saved the Star Wars franchise from the prequels.
>"FUCKING SHIT FILM, MARY SUE JEW SHIT. PREQUEL LOVE THREAD. WHO FUCKING LOVES ATTACK OF THE CLONES? I DO. REVENGE OF THE SITH WAS BETTER THAN ROTJ. BASED GEORGE LUCAS. WELL AT LEAST TFA WON'T BEAT AVATAR, I FUCKING SWEAR TO GOD PLEASE."

The mouthbreathing basement dwellers who strive to be contrarian have been backed into a corner really, they started so verbose. So confident that the film would be a flop, not break any records and would be panned by critics. Slowly as TFA has BTFO them on every conceivable level, they've been reduced to adopting some bizarre cult-like contrarian attitude to the prequels, proclaiming them as underrated gems, and trying to push some kind of narrative where if TFA doesn't beat Avatar, it's somehow failed, despite already being a record breaking movie and saving Star Wars.
>>
Offical power ratings
Episode II: truly the greatest piece of cinema ever made (thank you george) 10/10
Episode I: Not as good as II but still a cinematic masterpiece 9/10
Episode III: Great movie but too much edgy gritty emo shit 8/10
now for the bad part
Episode IV: Boring kid flick 4/10
Episode VI: Not as bad as IV but still really boring 5/10
Episode V: One of the worst movies ever made overrated shit praised by manchildrens 1/10
Episode VII: Disney cashgrab literally NEW HOPE 2.0, literally 0 soul...George would be ashamed 3/10
>>
>>64079442
Also why can Finn and Poe leave the First Order basis so easy?

It looks like they're a really small organization.
>>
>>64079442
I know it's been said before, but this movie sucked.

Unlike the original trilogy, the pacing was really rushed, camera jerky, action meh, characters were underdeveloped, and everything felt rather soul-less. For example: the scene where Han Solo is on the catwalk. It was supposed to be a highly emotional and moment in the saga, but the way it was executed made it completely non-moving. They mourn him for 10 seconds, then move on.

All of the character/plot development from ESB and ROTJ, gone. Leia is obsessed with war again, not able to care about anything else. The wrinkly old lady somehow has Luke's first lightsaber despite it falling into the Cloud City shaft. Leia and Han have completely failed as parents, but we don't get to see why. Luke went into hiding for some reason and had his new Jedi Order (predictably) destroyed, but again, we didn't get to see the re-building or any of the interesting stuff.

J.J. Abrams fucking sucks. He's like Michael Bay with a touch of sentimentality and "gee whiz"ness (see Super8).
>>
File: 11.png (143 KB, 749x218) Image search: [Google]
11.png
143 KB, 749x218
>>64079442
>monstrosity of a flick
>>
>>64080870
>defending Disney's Marvel's Guardian of the Star Wars: Into The Force with RT
good on ya
>>
>>64079442
>what really fucking me off was how they mocked the dark side to be a laughing stock. that pathetic joke making the clone troopers run away when kylo was throwing a tantrum
Faggot edgelord OP who thinks being evil is cool or ever justified. I bet you thought it was badass when they blew up Alderaan just for an interrogation tactic instead of a disgusting and irredeemable wanton destruction of life
>>
okay
>>
>>64080870
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
>>
>>64079509
And that somehow makes random shit heads into proficient sword fighters? No
>>
Good, goooood, OP. Let the hate flow through you.
>>
>>64082314
No, the non-dark force does.
>>
Offical power ratings
Episode II: truly the greatest piece of cinema ever made (thank you george) 10/10
Episode I: Not as good as II but still a cinematic masterpiece 9/10
Episode III: Great movie but too much edgy gritty emo shit 8/10
now for the bad part
Episode IV: Boring kid flick 4/10
Episode VI: Not as bad as IV but still really boring 5/10
Episode V: One of the worst movies ever made overrated shit praised by manchildrens 1/10
Episode VII: Disney cashgrab literally NEW HOPE 2.0, literally 0 soul...George would be ashamed 3/10
>>
>>64079442
>shitposting on christmas
You live a very sad life anon.
>>
File: 1442438857990.jpg (67 KB, 285x423) Image search: [Google]
1442438857990.jpg
67 KB, 285x423
>if it wasn't for the fact that it was star wars it wouldn't be star wars
>>
Just watched Empire last night and the whole love story with Han and Leia is just feels pointless now because of VII. I don't like this ride.
>>
>>64082548
>It's Star Wars but it's too much like Star Wars!
>It's Star Wars but it's not enough like Star Wars!
The internet will never be happy.
>>
>>64082284
How dare those plebs make a popular movie that appeals to most audiences.
>>
>>64079467
>WAHHHH why don't they like generic action movies in Star Wars clothing as much as most retards do?
>>
File: 1450824767103.gif (50 KB, 206x328) Image search: [Google]
1450824767103.gif
50 KB, 206x328
>>
>>64079442
The film was a huge disappointment to me, was sad watching it.

The only highlights were the x-wing scenes.

Sad but since I didn't get myself hyped up wasn't the major loss it could of been. It was hunger games in space.
>>
>>64080571
>literally defending a made-by-committee action blockbuster space movie

You're the epitome of a 35-year-old neckbeard "nerd" who will never touch a physically attractive woman or have a real job.

If you use the word "contrarian," you're literally an idiot. It's an invented concept by idiots with reddit sensibilities who are too fragile to deal with criticism of mediocre media that has widespread appeal.

It's a troubling manifestation of millennials' mental weakness. Seriously, the only people who would even entertain any "argument" involving the concept of being "contrarian" are weak, lazy idiots who can't deal with criticism substantively.

If it bothers you that much that people criticize mediocre mass-marketed work designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator, like Star Wars, Breaking Bad, pop music, etc., you should find a safe bubble and stay there. Or kill yourself.
>>
>>64082314
Finn is a trained soldier. Rey's skill can be stupidly explained by saying the Force is strong with her and bitching about Force shenanigans in a Star Wars movie is almost as stupid as that explanation.
>>
>>64082687
TRAITOR
>>
>>64080870
>using logical fallacies and ratings websites

literally reddit: the teenage "argument"
>>
>>64082314
She won because disney execs made him change it to be that way, they wanted the strong female lead to "win" even though it made no sense and ruined the flow for the next 2 films.
>>
File: 1451061376767.png (608 KB, 624x600) Image search: [Google]
1451061376767.png
608 KB, 624x600
>>64082687
>>
>>64079442
Yea, it was extremely dumb.

For the first time I felt like I was watching a movie made for teenagers. It was giving me the feeling like the one I get when watching some kid's series.

That silly lightsaber, which looks like a claymore, was an omen of just how much the movie is banking on special effects and meaningless "bling" to make things "cool" and as we know, this is exactly what sells to the less-intelligent or younger audience.
I see no reason for making a black guy one of the protags in a series that was traditionally mostly white cast. Mace Windu looked and felt like a proper jedi master, while Finn looks like a dumb nigger. Massive, pouty lips, empty expression. They could at least have chosen a better actor for the role, but nope. He also gets a white girlfriend.
The evil guy is a white pretty boy that suffers from debilitating edge. Says a lot about how the writers see the current situation.

Another good complaint is how a force-user with lots of training had trouble with a non-user, who also somehow had no problem using a lightsaber.

I'm convinced that Star Wars, as we know it, died with the moment Disney bought the rights. It's now Star Wars-like.
>>
>>64082859
There's not a tampon in the galaxy that could stop Kylo's flow.
>>
>>64083035
The counter-telepathy actually made a lot more sense than the lightsaber stuff. Kylo wants to be like his hero Vader and overconfidently tried to use a Force trick on someone who didn't have a weak mind and got his shit slapped.
>>
This whole thread is repeated atleast 5 times every day. Every post with more than 5 sentences is a copypasta. Its holidays now and the board is filled with tourists just reposting everything. Just search the OP post in the archive and see how many times this thread came up

See you /tv/ in a week or two
>>
>>64082859
But kylo lost, anon
>>
>>64083035
Kylo Rens lightsaber is inovative, it is actually a extension of the character: highly unstable, amateur build, very powerful. The vents are not for show, its simply because the crystal is too unstable and powerful to go in one beam

Mace Windu was the most bland Jedi ever, no character or identity whatsoever, he was just a plot device. And the worst casting choice in the whole Star Wars universe

Kylo Ren didn't have "lots of training", atleast with the lightsaber. You can see it from his fight, he is slicing trees and rocks all around him, no control just raw power. He probably wasn't even in a proper lightsaber duel in a long time

Basically what you are saying is you don't like how things and people look in TFA. Give constructive criticism, don't whine
>>
File: 1405073908228.jpg (45 KB, 500x363) Image search: [Google]
1405073908228.jpg
45 KB, 500x363
>tfw LOVED the characters but hated the plot and most locations

i dont know what to feel
>>
>>64083389
Constructive criticism, in your words, is the one you will agree with. Looking as how you don't agree with any criticism, means you will consider everything as whining, because you can't see any flaws in your work of choice.

The very fact that you are unable to see beyond the dumb movie explanation that "Hey look, the lightsaber looks like that because... umm, yeah, it's unstable! That's why it looks like a claymore haha" proves that to me.
>>
>>64083556
I didn't say anywhere it doesn't have flaws. It does and it isn't anywhere near perfect.

But I can appreciate the things that are done well, not just be on the extremes that is the worst movie ever or the best one

It isn't a dumb movie explanation. It is a good one. There are no Jedi's in the galaxy, no one is "making" lightsabers. Kylo would gladly use Anakins lightsaber I'm sure, but he doesn't have one so he made it by himself. You can see it in the Star Wars visual dictionary that he has a cracked crystal in his put together hilt so he made those 2 vents. It isn't just for show like Darth Mauls lightsaber, it actually has a story and its meaning, and shares the same traits like Kylo Ren.
>>
File: glib_facsimile.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
glib_facsimile.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>64079442
It lacks creativity and a Star Wars feel for parts of the movie.

The gangs and monsters on Han's barge had "Gaurdiens of the Galaxy" written all over it.

Not to mention it is the most BLATANT copycat movie I have ever seen.

It's shit.

Episode III>>>Episode VII
>>
>>64082601
It has cheap callbacks but it's shot in a style nothing like Star Wars.
>>
I give it a B+ in the category of popcorn flicks.
I couldn't stop staring at Rey's legs, though.

Also, why are the baddies such whiny bitches? It's like they're /pol/ LARPing nazis.
>>
>>64083940
Poe was just a bit too josswhedony for my tastes, if you know what I mean.
>>
>>64079442
And yet it's still the best film in the series. Star Wars has never been good.
>>
So much nitpicking. If Empire Strikes Back came out today you would shit on it

For example, when Vader tells Luke he is his father and Luke jumps down, how in the hell did he manage to get in that hole? Luck? Suction? What? The Force? That just lazy writing, you can say the force as an explanation for everything than

There would be atleast 20 threads how fucking stupid that jump was, seems to me like the writer didn't know how to get him out so he pulled it out of his ass

Still it is a great movie. And TFA is an objectively good movie
>>
>>64084309
/tv/ has never liked a film
>>
>>64084309
It's a flick
>>
>>64084309
air currents
>>
>>64084309
>And TFA is an objectively good movie
but its not, if you actually look beyond the quality of the special effects
>>
>>64084309
You're not in position to decide if something is objectively good or bad. You're an average person and can either like, dislike or be neutral about something, using your taste to judge what movie fits where. It's fully subjective.
>>
Nice pasta
>>
>>64084528
Yes, you are right. But if you put all of the subjective thoughts, reviews, critics, nominations and general opinions together, you can say it is an objectively good movie

Maybe I can't make that statement now, but in a few months for sure
>>
>>64082747
>posts generic contrarian 4chan post
>doesn't like being called a contrarian
damn..
>>
File: 1429118287974.png (260 KB, 563x542) Image search: [Google]
1429118287974.png
260 KB, 563x542
>>64084348
No it's not. It's a popcorn experience. Don't you know anything?
>/tv/ can't distinguish between a movie, a flick, a popcorn movie, a popcorn experience, a film, a piece of cinematic art, and a cinematic experience
>>
>>64084672
Then it'd be argumentum ad populum, which is an often made fallacy.
>>
>>64082668
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man
>>
>>64084714
>forgetting the popcorn cinematic art experience flick
>>
>>64079442
>pieces of liberal shit
Stopped reading there.
>muh libruls and Jews destroying muh aryan race wah wah
>>
>>64084688
do you fling cheeto dust and Mt. Dew everywhere when defending neckbeard manchildren space movies?
>>
>>64084732
critics and the people who nominate movies for certain academy awards aren't the general public
>>
>>64079487
That was at least fucking measured and part of both of their character's development

TFA was so pathetically hamfisted about it and an obvious SJW movie. Rey might as well be Neo in Matrix Reloaded
>>
>>64085088
That they're critics doesn't mean their personal taste is suddenly better than an average person.

Think about it, if you don't like a movie, but critics do, does it mean you should like it too?

They are not above other people. It's simply their job to give opinions forumalted in a way that makes other people want to listen to them, but in the end, they're just normal people with their personal likes and dislikes.
>>
>>64079442
this movie owns. i saw it twice and had fun each time like a normal person. i'm glad that this movie has triggered your autism, lol
>>
>>64085199
Again I agree with you but I wasn't even defending critics. I was just saying that there are some objectively good movies for which you cannot say that they are bad movies, but you can not like them ofcourse.
Every person has a subjective opinion logically, but every movie has certain movie elements where educated people can judge whether is it done good or bad OBJECTIVELY
>>
>>64085237
>yeah dude it was so friggin cool *brofist*
NORMIEEESSS REEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64080571
It's almost as if there is more than one person on tv with differing opinions
>>
>>64085587
Movies, like every art, are primarily made to be liked by the designated audience.

There will be people loving fart jokes, but we all know these are hardly a kind of a sophisticated humor.

Because they rely on personal taste, it makes it impossible for any work of art to be objectively good. They can be more or less popular, but that's it. Everybody can make more or less valid reasons to say why a movie is good or bad.

Critics are hardly the right people to listen to, because I believe most of us are aware of the high degree of corruption among them. Movies with huge budgets spend a lot on promotions, they are easily capable of buying reviews - exact the same thing you can see in gaming journalism. They aren't trustworthy in any way.

Observe movie awards - when you have movies with new, fresh ideas being sidelined by just another movie about The Holocaust - a shameless cash-in on the suffering of millions. They do not bring anything new, yet automatically get awards because it's about killing Jews.

This is why I don't trust critics or any movie awards and only use my own taste as a metric.
>>
>>64085805
Star wars is as normie as it gets.
Its a family film for a reason, adored for its movie experience rather than quality.

What were you expecting faggot.
>>
>>64079442
>meant to be sith
Wrong, stopped reading right there
>>
>>64085805
holy fucking shit
literally fucking kill youself
>>
>>64082755
>janitor
>"trained soldier"

Does this mean any random stormtrooper can pick up a lightsaber and duel?

Or does Finn just get a pass because he's a nigger?
>>
>>64080571
You are probably a 35 year old autistic manchild. /tv/ isn't one person. I knew it was going to be a huge movie, but also knew it wasn't going to be good.
>>
>>64085824
The Room is objectively a bad movie
12 Angry Men is objectively a good movie

There is no personal taste out there that can say for example The Room is a good movie. You can enjoy it and say it affects you some kind of way or something like that, but by any criteria possible it isn't good.
>>
>>64082575
Welcome to real life. It sucks, and then you die. All your hopes and dreams will eventually collapse, just like their relationship.
>>
>>64080571
>December 18th
>off-season

Good one senpai

You know, people love minions too, does that make minionshit an example of cinematic mastery?
>>
>>64086112
I didn't watch either so I can't really say anything about those.
>>
>>64086112
what about 4 rooms
>>
>>64080603
Here's your (you)
>>
Why is kylo's saber shitty and unstable?
>>
>>64079442
>i couldnt tell if it was at the start, beginning or end due to the lack of structure and plot

Utgh, I hate it when that happens
>>
>some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.

Is this how plebs who have never seen the other movies react to this?
>>
>>64086229
it's because it has a cracked crystal inside of the hilt that is so powerful it can't go in one beam so he made 2 vents to function properly.

The lightsaber is an extension of his character: crude, highly unstable, amateur build, very powerful
>>
>>64080571
> the if they dont like what I like makes you a cobtrarian

Sounds so fucking authist, srsly cut your balls off. Your kind is killing cinema.
>>
>/tv/:The Autism Awakens
>>
>>64080870
Rating is based on the reviews.
All reviews are faggs with nostalgia googles on.
What did you expect? Have you seen the score of the old movies there?
>>
What really lost it forme was the scene on the cargo ship with the tentacle monsters and gangs.

Once the monsters are out they instantly rip through all the gang members.

They decide to spare Fin and casually drag him through the ship scooby doo style
>>
>>64086112
Except there's nothing wrong with The Room.
Hating it is just a meme because millennials are too dumb to figure out the plot and acting inspired by old movies.
>>
>>64086555
edgy
>>
>>64079442
What did /tv/ think about the romance between Rey and Finn? They just met and Finn is already telling her to come with him and Rey doesn't want Finn to leave her. At what point did they fall in love? Its only been about 20 minutes that they've been together. Seriously, the moment Rey starts chasing after Finn on desert planet to Han Solo flying them to Rebels is about 20 minutes non-stop action with no cuts.
>They meet
>StormTroopers find them
>They steal MFalcon
>Fight their way into space
>Fix their ship
>Get captured by Solo
>Crawl around
>Escape with Solo
>Talk with Solo about past
All that is uncut 20 minutes, give or take.
Everything in the movie feels like its moving too fast, be it romance, Rey's powerlevel or Finn's attitude towards the First Order. Does anyone even care for these two characters? Finn feels out of place, like he is an extra from parody movie that accidently lost to the sets of the movie he was paroding. He is such a fucking token. A black guy joking and commenting on everything. Fuck, I just imagined him going "Shiiiieet" and I'm not sure if I just imagined that or was that in the movie.

And Rey is a boring Luke with no build up. I hope she becomes the villain come 8th episode, because she has nothing to offer. And thank god, Finn looked like he is in coma. Keep him dead the next movie.
>>
>>64086654
rey should remember being kylo's posse, kill finn/poe/chew and turn to snoke, possibly trying to kill kylo before he runs away
>>
File: 55P2tGD.gif (2 MB, 510x316) Image search: [Google]
55P2tGD.gif
2 MB, 510x316
>>64080571
I totally agree with you friend.
>>
File: demonchild.jpg (14 KB, 217x251) Image search: [Google]
demonchild.jpg
14 KB, 217x251
>>64082540
Umm, look who's talking?
>>
>>64082540
Everything he said was right and the virulence with which people are defending this movie despite its obvious failings - pacing, one note characterization, a total lack of any real narrative or internal consistency - makes me think Disney have paid for people to defend this thing across multiple forums in a bid to shut down legitimate criticism.

I mean, I get it, some people may genuinely like the flick - but the venom with which multiple 'anons' are defending it is totally left of field. Saying you don't like a film, and then listing the reasons why, is the opposite of shit posting.
>>
File: 1451061505704.jpg (24 KB, 360x335) Image search: [Google]
1451061505704.jpg
24 KB, 360x335
>mfw reddit has arrived
>>
>>64086022
this "janitor" was also sent to shoot rebels in Jakku at the start of the movie

Finn meant he was a janitor when posted in the new Death Star planet
>>
>>64090126
literally reddit: the image
>>
>>64090126
Luke was a farmer while Rey was a survivor in that shit desert planet so she knows how to defend herself
>>
>>64090126
>>64090126
>regardless of his injuries this is still stupid

If you actually watch the movie she does jab attacks with the light saber most of the time. The same attack she did with her stick to defeat those droid kidnappers. A stick that she has been using all her life.
>>
>>64079442
>the whole thing dragged out to see some old fuck standing on the cliffs - greeeaat.
>>
>>64085133

>an obvious SJW movie

Ok there Mr. men's rights
>>
>>64082747

>> Breaking Bad is for LCD

I know you and your ilk are trolling, but it'd be more convincing if you actually came up with actual criticisms of the film instead of vague blanket statements, and didn't appeal to some massive social conspiracy to ruin filmmaking like a crazy old mountain man.
>>
>>64090126
>Knows more about the millenium falcon than han solo does

The falcon has probably been at the same spot all her life. She indirectly worked for Unkar Plutt so maybe she did some shit on the falcon. Because she knows exactly what has been changed.
>>
>>64090250
This.

Also the pic is shit. Luke screws up deflecting blaster bolts for 30 secs. Then he puts on the helmet and uses the force and he's good at it.
>>
Star Wars is the epitome of what we call the modern blockbuster, the type of movie so devoid of meaning or originality that it's only able to exist due to the massive infantilization entertainment culture has inflicted upon the minds of several generations before ours. This is the movie for the 30-year-old gamer, the stoner, the IMDb cinephile, the redditor, the mindless normalfag. /tv/'s catalog being made out of 90%+ SW threads these days is only telling of how far from being a true art board we are.
>>
File: 1426748253193.png (252 KB, 482x601) Image search: [Google]
1426748253193.png
252 KB, 482x601
>>64090627
>>
>>64090195

Literally faggot: the post.
>>
>sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film, and so people will feel obligated to think this flick was good but in reality it was tediously boring, which lacked a plot, characters with any redeeming qualities, and made the dark side a joke.

nah, the film got good reviews across-the-board.

You guys were expecting to see authentic Star Wars universe is the problem. Most folks don't care about that, they just wanted to feel the feels of the first film, but modernized cinematically and in terms of social commentary, they wanted a feel-good movie with all the cool bits of star wars times 10 and leaner in terms of geeky elements like lore, nuance, and character development; Disney recognized that and delivered adequately.

I'd speculate that if Disney wantex, they could have made a proper sequel to the ot that faithfully explores the universe and characters in greater depth.
>>
>>64090627

It would be the worst board on the site if /mlp/ and /vp/ didn't exist.
>>
>>64090901
Literally reddit: the reply
>>
>>64090126
I'm pretty sure Rey's backstory will be revealed more in the sequel, and will probably explain some of the issues brought up here.
>>
>>64079467
>they don't agree with me
>silence them

Shouldn't you be on /q/ begging desperately for Hiroshima to delete pol because it hurts your feelings??
>>
Autistic Man Fails to see Point
>>
>>64079442
Kill yourself.
>>
OP here :)
Wow this thread blew up
r.i.p my inbox xD
EDIT:thanks for the gold stranger
>>
>>64079442
>i will never touch a female breast: the thread
>>
>>64090916
>Proper character development in movies now counts as a 'nerd element'.
Why are people such fucking idiots these days?
>>
>>64091196
>le virgins are disagreeing with me once again xD

sup /v/eddit
>>
>>64091323
You seem upset.
>>
File: Jessica Henwick.jpg (82 KB, 500x750) Image search: [Google]
Jessica Henwick.jpg
82 KB, 500x750
Why nobody is talking about the cutest pilot?
>>
>>64091462
what are you talking about? almost every other post is about that mary sue
>>
How come Ren can freeze time? When he stopped that blaster shot, it didnt fall to the ground after he released it, instead it continued forward at full speed which means he didnt just stop it, but actually froze time.

He can read minds, freeze time, things no jedi or sith was ever able to do before, so why didnt he use his time powers to defeat Ray?
>>
>>64091585
Jedi could read minds before, anon, Yoda did several times.
>>
>>64090250
And storm Troopers were trained troopers, still don't see your point really.

>>64090302
yes, against a Force Master who could not only freeze opponents but also freeze bolts of energy in mid air and interrogate his quarry with Force Telepathy which in sixth films is one of the most OP abilities ever! Until Mary Sue Rey came along that is.

>>64090389
Yes, and that explains her being able to repair the falcon, and singly pilot the falcon when it always needed two, and dog fight flawlessly through the innards of a massive ship....yeah, not a Mary Sue at all.

>>64090993
Yes, because Every movie should have the protagonist pulling abilities out of their ass and then say, "it's not shit writing or Mary Sue, it'll all be explained in the next movie, I promise."
>>
>>64091622
Vader read Luke's mind, as did Yoda, and yet Vader never used it interrogatively and by all accounts couldn't when interrogating Han and Leia.
>>
File: 1444087557762.jpg (29 KB, 253x259) Image search: [Google]
1444087557762.jpg
29 KB, 253x259
>>64079442
I'm sorry the movie wasn't made just for you dickwad. 8/10 movie
>>
>>64091635
Wouldn't Kylo Ren also be a bit of a Mary Sue then? We know nothing of his training, or the amount he's received and none of it is shown.
>>
>>64091622
What? Yoda literally spent years talking to Sheev and he never read his mind or suspected hes a fucking shit lord.

And what about stopping time, no other jedi could do that right?

Also can Kylo Ren only stop time or can he do other stuff like travel into the past or future?
>>
>>64083389
You can see it from his fight, he is slicing trees and rocks all around him, no control just raw power.
You mean like Darth Vader? If anything it looked like he was trying to emulate his style which was basically all raw power where Vader also randomly sliced and clashed random shit around him.

You're only making assumptions that he didn't have a lot of training yet despite the fact he was originally one of Luke Skywalker's padawans. He was being trained by one of if not the strongest Force user and saber duelist in the galaxy. Kylo also managed to kill ALL of the Jedi Temple apprentices and so there's heavy damning evidence that he should be beating the shit out of everyone who is untrained in lightsaber combat.
>>
>>64091513
People talks about Jess? cool, she's such a qt3.14, better than Rey.
>>
>>64091729
Rewatch the movies, Yoda and Vader read minds.
>>
>>64084309
Technology.

It's a sci-fi after all and he got lucky. Seemed like Luke either tried to suicide or made a leap of faith in the Force to survive.

Having been told that the biggest baddest motherfucker is your father just after he slices your hand off and mindfucks all of the belief that you used to have, that he used to be a great war hero, would really mindfuck someone to give up life for a brief moment when they're on the ropes mere moments from death or a life of forced servitude.
>>
File: boba.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
boba.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1200
>Come into these threads
>Virtually all of them bitching about the black main character
>All of these racial slurs dropping
>Dindu hurr hurr, big lips hurr hurr
>The actor actually had one of the strongest performances of the main cast
>All three of the main new faces were relatively solid if lacking in enough screen time to be more than slightly one dimensional
>Many of the hand waving and explanations that people are bitching about were present in both the original trilogy and the prequels

If I had any serious problems with the new series, it would be starting around the cafe scene with the weird bug eyed critter who inexplicably knew everything about the force and had the lightsaber. It felt like the character was solely introduced to weld a strong opening arc for the new material together with the old material. That felt forced, but they wanted to push that through quick. It was a writing decision that I don't agree with, but I can forgive it.

Kylo Ren is an arc-villain at best. He will die or be converted to the light before the end of the second movie. I knew that the minute he took off his mask, which I knew he was going to do the second he was in the torture room, that he wasn't going to be the main villain. Nor is the disfigured jack off in the hologram. You don't expose your monster that early, it softens their impact in subsequent scenes. Plus Kylo Ren is far too pussy to be much more than a speed bump.

I would say that the movie was solid, but it suffered from trying to weld a ton of disparate scenes together with lots of very intricate and high stakes action shots that seem to come one after the other. I'm hoping that it finds its pace next film because the acting was solid, there just needs to be quality writing that isn't cluttered with somewhat contrived plot devices meant to weld the new onto the old. Once we get past that bit I think the rough patch will be behind us.

Now come at me you autistic contrarian faggots.
>>
>>64091699
That's not how Mary Sue works there bruv. Ethan Hunt is ex special forces, as is James Bond. So joining a spook agency who takes you to a training camp and train you to be an agent is infinitely more believable than a junk yard scavenger in New York who has to fight off dindu's and beaners and white trash on the daily some how enters espionage and pulls an ethan hunt or a james bond. Ren was a knight within the new empire and his master was a shady dark lord and Ren was a former pupil of a jedi master and left when he was in a better place to continue his training. Rey was a toddler left on an alien world. Who is more of a Mary Sue?
>>
>>64091729
Well maybe different bearers of the force can do different things differently well, you shitlord.
>>
Finn was pretty great, likeable, funny, good hearted, fish out of the water character. Poe also was pretty good, but not much screen time. The only one lacking was Rey, badly written bordering sueism in some parts, she was good in Jakku, but after that it wa a letdown.
>>
>>64091827
He Read Luke's feelings. In fact it was Vader reading Luke, Palpatine Reading Vader.
>>
>>64091972
Finn was actually Likeable. Rey piloting the Falcon flawlessly was strike one, by the time she broke out of Ren's mind control i nearly audibly shouted bullshit. not even talking about that last bullshit saber battle. But Finn was a believable hero throughout and I regret they didn't make him the protagonist and simply made Rey an exiled bad ass Jedi.
>>
File: 1445864529823.jpg (326 KB, 1280x1264) Image search: [Google]
1445864529823.jpg
326 KB, 1280x1264
>Shit villains
>Non-jedi can do mind tricks
>destroying a gigantic death star is practically a side plot
>Shit editing
>Cringeworthy exposition for people who have never watched star wars before
>Fucking shit villains

The black guy and the girl were the only good thing about the movie. They can act and are likeable.
>>
>>64079442
>78 posts
I remember when b8 was a but more subtle.
>>
>>64091897
I was the first to memepost Finn, especially considering Jar Jar Abrams record of pushing diversity bullshit.
Turned out Finn was the least of the movie's problems.
>>
>>64092120
Some fan services are adorable. Giant death machines with hilarious weak spots are part of it.
>>
>>64091897
i agree with everything you said
>>
File: 1382814495084.gif (2 MB, 402x335) Image search: [Google]
1382814495084.gif
2 MB, 402x335
>>64079442

millennials
>>
>>64086147
Anti-art
>>
>>64086654
i actually liked it that Finn had zero idea how to act around a civilian girl and that she had never met a guy who liked her, only part of the movie they nailed
>>
>>64092191
The film should focused on Fin and the destruction of the death planet thing and not have 3 different subplots. The silly Skywalker map got way too much screentime and the Solo's emo son subplot got way too little for anyone in the audience to care.
>>
File: 1359666666612.gif (945 KB, 229x140) Image search: [Google]
1359666666612.gif
945 KB, 229x140
>>64091897

saved for pasta, bless you anon 10/10 post
>>
>>64091897
I actually raged when i saw the black dude in that first trailer, thought the movie was gonna be ruined cause they are just forcing him into the movie for diversity.

Turns out the dude did a great job, but the movie was shit.
>>
>>64083035
>I see no reason for making a black guy one of the protags in a series that was traditionally mostly white cast.

I'm not a fan of affirmative action either, but this criticism is stupid as fuck. He did a good job
>>
>>64080840
>They mourn him for 10 seconds, then move on.
It's the same thing when the Order blows up all those Republic(?) planets. We hardly even know what happened, but it was supposed to be sad, and then they cut back to Rey. That's it, and the whole movie does this. Two hours of seeing Star Wars setpieces with Rey to tie it all together. It's one big amusement park, and the characters are more like mascots you keep seeing along the way.
>>
>>64083035

>It was giving me the feeling like the one I get when watching some kid's series.

most likely how I felt when i was 20 and watching the prequels and you were still.. you know.. a little kid
>>
>>64079442
>mad enough about a childrens' movie to write all this

wew lad
>>
>>64080840
>All of the character/plot development from ESB and ROTJ, gone. Leia is obsessed with war again, not able to care about anything else. The wrinkly old lady somehow has Luke's first lightsaber despite it falling into the Cloud City shaft. Leia and Han have completely failed as parents, but we don't get to see why. Luke went into hiding for some reason and had his new Jedi Order (predictably) destroyed, but again, we didn't get to see the re-building or any of the interesting stuff.
Whenever someone posts shit like this I stop and wonder if they even like the OT.
>>
This may be a dumb question, but what happened to Yoda? Why did they refer to Luke as the last Jedi?
>>
>>64092435
Rey could have been awesome if she wasn't a Mary Rey Sue. her and finn's first time together felt realer than real. her not wanting him to fend for her makes sense because she's been a bit of a loner. when he's injured i think she's starting to appreciate him more. maybe finn's new love interest will create a type of triangle or something. Finn was believable though. he felt so out of place and was awkward and over compensating.

he was a coward who had to stand tall against the monstrous kylo ren. then rey mary sues the whole thing and it's all ruined. IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN, REY, AND A NEWLY ARRIVED CHEWY HELPING HER AGAINST KYLO. but no, they had to mary sue it.
fuck the death star subplot. WHAT A CROCK OF SHIT!
>>
If dubs /tv/ can no longer consider itself patrician for the rampant faggotry and prequel defending going on to seem so needlessly contrarian
>>
>>64092679
obviously they do and obviously the rat and j.j. messed it up badly. or maybe not, j.j. wanted to pander to feminist and sjw's and the rat only wanted to sell toys, and games and rides and stuff, so they were victorious and the force awakens is as much of a soul less mess as they intended it to be.
>>
File: 1417030409049.jpg (209 KB, 800x778) Image search: [Google]
1417030409049.jpg
209 KB, 800x778
>>64092941
>reddit failed
feelgoodman.png
>>
>>64092921
Yoda, now sick and frail, informs Luke that he has completed his training but will not be a Jedi until he confronts Darth Vader; he also confirms that Vader is Luke's father, something Darth Vader had told a shocked Luke in the previous film. Yoda then peacefully dies at the age of 900, his body disappearing as he becomes "one with the Force".
>>
>>64092679
Obviously they do, are you fucked in the head?
>>
>>64079442

You're 100% right. Word for word these were my same feelings. Sickening movie.
>>
>>64084309

The whole room was pressurized, had air ducts, vents, loads of shit. You can hear the wind blowing pretty loudly considering they are literally at cloud level, contained in some huge contraption keeping the city afloat....he jumps down and falls hundreds of stories until he gets sucked into a port on the side. He didn't randomly fall into it by chance the thing sucked him in. It's sci-fi dude, he was in a big ass fucking ship thing and he got sucked out a chute.

The actual fucking point of it is that he would rather risk death or terrible injury rather than join Vader. Vader is so bad and Luke knows this so he says fuck that. If Luke just walks away it isn't as significant as if he said FUCK DAT and jumped off. It showed how desperate he was and how terrible of a thing Vader told him

It makes perfect sense, and, more importantly, it helps explain what the characters are thinking/feeling without them having to say anything. You are an autist
>>
>>64079442
this is video games this is memes
>>
>>64084309
What? Falling a great height and surviving is completely physically possible, especially if there's something like a curved tube to stretch out the length of the impact. You're objectively wrong and so is TFA as a Star Wars movie.
>>
>>64080795
Phasma secretly helping
>>
>>64093012
>i want to see han and leia be bad parents
>i want to politics and reconstruction drama
>i have no idea what serials are
Yeah, this really sounds like a big fan of the OT

>>64092972
>implying star wars wasn't about toys from day one
>still being upset over a black stormtrooper
But no, please tell me how TFA is "a soulless mess" you fuck. Let's see if you can go one post without crying about muh sjws or evil corporations.
>>
>>64091798
Luke could have easily declined saber lessons to Kylo, we have no idea what their backstory is.
>>
>>64093139
i mean it's not like several people fell from more than ten thousand feet and survived or anything.

http://www.cracked
.com/article_19996_5-insane-falls-you-wont-believe-people-survived.html

>>64093325

i'm not one of those analyist you'd find on the interwebs who could tell you objectively how every nuance and beat of film was off some how.

i can tell you how it felt. there's the mummy 1. that's like the ot. then there's the mummy 3. that's the divide that separated one from the other. the ot from tfa.

star trek into darkness, and star trek the undiscovered country. another divide. both are stark trek but one's shittier than the other or said in a better way, undiscovered country was beyond awesome and into darkness was a disjointed mess.

OT was tuna that has a little bit of pepper, a dash of lime, a dash of season all, and finely diced and chopped onions, even the mayo is just right.

TFA was like tuna salad that had way too much unidentifiable vomitty stuff in it.

brb in twenty five min or fifty. i hope twenty five minutes.
>>
>>64085824

>huhhhhhhh relativism
>>
>>64093594
I don't remember what those mummy movies are like. You're whole food thing breaks down to "I think the OT was perfect and anything that comes out after my teens is vomit."
>>
>>64093882
yes, because when you eat shit and calls it shit because it taste shitty, some one should be allowed to say, "i only think you're of the mind that shit taste like shit because you've only eaten food. try eating something else for once and i'm sure shit'll taste less shitty."

i have to drop off some rum to a party, but before i go, i leave you with another comparison.

Crow with Brandon Lee and the abysmal sequel, city of the dead or whatever.

first one was classic, second was dreadful.

or even closer to what tfa was like, it was like jurassic world to the original but not as cool as jurassic world was. jurassic world made more sense to me.
>>
>>64094017
oh you're an idiot, well have fun and drive safe
>>
>>64094230
i tell you i can not objectively go through what's wrong with something beyond how it is to me comparatively to something else i've seen, and i compare it to how it makes me feel and what it's like which in itself should have spoken volumes to you what was wrong with it. i'm sure you've eaten shitty food that tasted off but you couldn't quite say how or why...but i digress. as you were patron.
>>
>>64091699
>got his ass kicked and called out on his ches-puffing
>gary stu
>>
>>64080193
Only bad part
>>
>>64094328
>i can't articulate my thoughts
>this should tell you how bad the movie is
Now I'm just trying to figure out why you bother to post if you can't explain anything you think beyond "I feel this is bad but this is good, don't ask me to explain." Usually people discuss things, shitpost, spam memes, or masturbate on 4chan. The process of elimination leaves me with the conclusion you're just masturbating.
>>
>>64090960
Reported
>>
>>64079442
Why did he keep pounding his chest during the fight? Was it autism?
>>
>>64090916
See to me TFA felt like authentic Star Wars universe and the Anakin movies felt like forced convoluted disappointing crap, and Grievous, who was pretty cool.
>>
>>64091585
I think the whole point of stopping the blaster shot was so we would know something was wrong later when he doesn't stop chewbaca's shot.

They shoulda had it deflect or go around him though, making it stop and then continue on it's course at full speed was very strange.
Of course maybe it is a deliberate new style of force control we'll see more of.
>>
>>64079442

why the fuck is his lightsaber a cross?
>>
>>64090521
No. Solo says it was luck because it only happened once and did not happen again in the movie. In fact, for the rest of the movie, Luke never uses his light saber again.

Luke only other use of the Force as a form of intuition to know when to fire the missiles to destroy the Death Star and that is only after Obi Wan influences Luke to trust his instincts.

Luke may have then trained to use the light saber in The Empire Strikes Back. While the amount of time he's spend on Dagobah is not clear (months?), it isn't just a short fifteen minute training session. Luke then does badly again Vader and it becomes clear that Vader was merely testing Luke. Vader could have, from the start, attacked Luke using a light saber and objects controlled through telekinesis.

By the time of Return of the Jedi, it is clear that Luke again has become a more powerful Jedi than the previous films.

In the original trilogy, there is a clear progression of skill that Luke follows from film to film. He doesn't start off as a person capable of defending himself against a trained Jedi. By the second film, he still loses badly to an ex Jedi Master.
>>
>>64079442
/pol/babby is mad! Maaaaaad! What's the matter baby, you gonna cry? Gonna cry cause "the white race is doomed"?
>>
>>64095019
He was shot by Chewbacca's crossbow, and was bleeding.
>>
>>64079442

So many cool concepts that J.J. fucked up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVnMc70ALcs
>>
>>64091729
The Force can be used to counter Force powers. Dark Side peoples put a lot of effort into concealing their intentions and feelings. AFIK the Jedi did suspect and not trust sheev, but they had no proof. Not that I don't want to just forget the specifics of the prequel story altogether .
>>
>>64091699

You seen the movie?

They literally say he was first trained by Luke, then seduced and trained by this Supreme Leader
>>
>>64080870

>reddittomatoes

kek
>>
>>64091897
Yeah was disappointing by Maz, mostly because I saw the actress talking about how they motion recorded her and they kinda build up my interest into what kind of Alien girl would show up...... a short generic orange old lady... okay.
>>
its a galaxy far far away why cant in this particular obivously made up world space blacks and space mexicans be the dominant or smarter race of humans? its not like its real, bro
>>
>>64092177

Same here.

Thought this nig and Phasma were going to be the worst in the movie.

Then Finn was kinda ok (first scenes were horrible, but then the character improves) and Phasma was pretty fucking bad but at least she appears a few minutes in the movie, has a couple of lines and ends in the trash where she belongs (hopefully doesn't find the way back).

But no, the worst was Meme Ren, the angsty nazi teenagers that took over the Empire, and the whole film being a rehash of Episode IV.
>>
>>64080840
I am surprised that people like jj abrams, guy is hack on the same level as shamalalalaman and Michael "boom" bay.
>>
>>64091798
>>>. Kylo also managed to kill ALL of the Jedi Temple apprentices
Did they say that?
I'm asking honestly because I've only watched it once but I didn't catch anyone specifically that KYLO did anything wrong to Luke or the Jedi, or that the Jedi students were killed.

I felt the way they DID NOT specify it was Kylo is setting up for a reveal of another bady and some redemption for Kylo.

If he murdered Luke's students I don;t buy that Han would be trying to take him back.

However if he was abandoned by Luke after someone else turned on them and he ran away to join Snoke to try and become stronger, then it starts to make sence that they would forgive him and that he's so conflicted.
>>
>>64095658
>Did they say that?
yes
thats the whole reason luke went on a self imposed exile.
>If he murdered Luke's students I don;t buy that Han would be trying to take him back.
a parent's love is unconditional.
>>
>>64095729
Kay, who says it and what part of the movie? When I watch it again I don't want to miss it.

I remeber them saying SOMEONE turned on luke, not Kylo/Ben.
>>
>>64079442
>kylo was meant to be the evil sith boss but actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME

Did you not see the part where he was still alive on the other side of the canyon you moron. you shitposters are the lowest of the lows
>>
>>64095770

I'm another guy but yeah they definitely say that.

I don't remember exactly when or who, but it was around the middle of the movie. Kylo was Luke's apprentice, got seduced by Supreme Leader, formed a group that killed the rest of the students, the reason why Luke exiled himself.

I do remember Leia says to Han he has to make him come home and Han says something like "But Luke couldn't fix him" and Leia answers sth like "You are his father".

That in the rebel (k jj resistance) base.
>>
>>64080571
Is /tv/ the most pathetic userbase on 4chan?
More like the most patchetic userbase on the entire internet. Yet i still find myself coming back to this terrible board.
>>
File: 1450655952097.gif (1 MB, 395x512) Image search: [Google]
1450655952097.gif
1 MB, 395x512
>>64079442
>sadly ticket sales determine the success of a film

Ja, you think so, faggot?
>>
I thought the first 30-45 minutes were bizarrely terrible. Like, I couldn't believe this is what people were so hyped for. It finally got good around the middle part and the end was alright up until FemLuke grabbed the lightsaber(why exactly did Ren move out of the way? He could have still easily grabbed the lightsaber. Felt really cliche). The final shot with Luke ending with the helicopter 360 shot was fucking awful.
>>
>>64096128
>Not liking the helicopter 360 shot
That one was a great shot for a climax of the movie.
>>
>>64096232
It looked straight out of a TV show. That whole scene lingered way too long. It felt like they needed it to stretch out to fit the music so they could end it like all the other Star Wars movies, but didn't want Luke to say anything so they just had them stare at each other for an awkward minute.
>>
>>64084444
Witnessed.
>>
>>64090126
>korra needs constant help and screws up alot
>lolol korra is a terrible avatar, aang would wtf pwn everything!!!
>rey is awesome and never fucks up
>boo fucking mary sue!!!!

Just admit you fucks only scrutinize and hate female MCs.
>>
>>64096128

I must have seen the movie reversed or sth.

> First 10 mins feel horrible. The nig scared stormtrooper. This pilot laughing at a fucking sith's face. The sith then stopping the time. Phasma.
> Things get better in Jakku. Best movie moments are in Jakku with Rey.
> Things still decent with Han and Chewie.
> Everything starts to turn down when Maz Kanata appears, movie stops making sense.
> What started feeling like an Episode IV tribute ended up being a total rehash with zero originality, plus the grotesque Han death scene (you could tell Han was going to die since Leia asked him to bring the kid back), the angsty teenager sith everyone makes fun of ending being even more of a meme when he gets beaten by the scared nig and an untrained in the Force.
>>
File: 1436383541694.jpg (14 KB, 716x724) Image search: [Google]
1436383541694.jpg
14 KB, 716x724
>>64084714
>/tv/ can't distinguish between a movie, a flick, a popcorn movie, a popcorn experience, a film, a piece of cinematic art, and a cinematic experience

Go die in a car fire.
>>
>>64090389
They should have had her living on the Falcon instead of that AT-AT. She could have been collecting scrap junk in an effort to repair the ship and get off that shit planet, only trading in the bits she didn't need so she could eat.

It would have better mirrored Luke's own desire to leave his shithole home behind while also establishing how she might have had a proper understanding of how the Falcon worked.
>>
File: 1445716143699.gif (2 MB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1445716143699.gif
2 MB, 320x240
>>64096476
>First 10 mins feel horrible

Was it 'orrible, or bloody 'orrible?
>>
>>64079442
Are you just saying this because this movie is popular and you want to be 'cool' or is it actually bad? You guys are like the sheep that cried wolf. Now we have no way of knowing when something sucks or not because of you fucking band-wagoners.
>>
>>64096629
I don't think the movie is bad, but I don't think it's anything special either. It's a generic modern day blockbuster with the Star Wars brand attached.
>>
>>64082747
this is what shitting your pants on the internet looks like
>>
>>64094712
what a silly response. and here i thought i was the only autistic suffering weebo. your words are so silly, because That's like saying why complain the food is bad especially when you can't say how chef might how exactly it was wrongly prepared. again i am encouraged to say to you; as you were patron, as you were.
>>
>>64090126
>forgets safety on blaster
>unable to fight kylo until she familiarizes herself with the force
>afraid of responsibility of taking the lightsaber and runs off into the forest
>for a desert scavenger, seems to be incredibly naive
>barely able to injure kylo after cousin it hits him with the ol 10 incher

KEKIE LANDIS PLS GO
>>
>>64079442
Darth maul had no character just a cool look and a double sided light saber he doesnt say anything the whole movie
>>
File: 1444081969121.gif (1021 KB, 500x241) Image search: [Google]
1444081969121.gif
1021 KB, 500x241
>>64094328

Protip: if you can't speak English, stay away from adjectives and adverbs.
>>
Star Wars: A New Hope Awakens
(only smart people will get tis)
>>
>>64097023
?
He does say stuff.
>>
>>64097004
yeah. she's a Mary Sue though. Her taking up responsibility mere hours after saying she wouldn't can't be compared to knowing how to use the force only after many months of practice. Luke could lift a rock. Frakk all it did for him against a practising Force user that Vader was. Assholes who says She didn't Mary Sue Kylo because he was injured seems to forget that Vader was one big open wound that was always in agony. Rey Mary Sued Ren because they wanted an unstoppable fairy princess to sell rides, and tiaras for them.
>>
>>64097031
as i said, it doesn't matter what i could or can't do for many of us has afflictions that stifles the simpliest of things. however, if you had something to add that could defend The Force Awakens you would have cited it, but you do not, nor will you ever. for the film is horribly flawed, and unnecessary.
>>
>actually got KILLED by a girl using a lightsaber for the FIRST FUCKING TIME
Why do people think he died? My little brother did, too, after seeing it. He clearly only got a scar on his face and Snoke even said about bringing Ren to meet him in person.
>>
yes anon we've only seen this posted 100 times
>>
File: 1362103888472.jpg (525 KB, 1642x1493) Image search: [Google]
1362103888472.jpg
525 KB, 1642x1493
>>64097243
>if you had something to add that could defend The Force Awakens you would have cited it, but you do not, nor will you ever. for the film is horribly flawed, and unnecessary.
>unnecessary
>as opposed to "necessary" movies

It's breaking global box office records, for starters.

Anyway, though, the prequels sucked big, fat donkey dicks. This didn't, and was fairly entertaining, which is what non-autistic people pay for when they line up to see a movie.

In the end, nobody gives a shit if it didn't fit with your autistic need-factor.
>>
>>64079442
Star Wars is and always be matinée pulp fiction
What does everyone expect, a serious melodramatic movie, it's supposed to be fun
>>
>>64097504
The Force Awakens isn't fun. It's boring.
>>
File: 1438571254213a.jpg (26 KB, 393x393) Image search: [Google]
1438571254213a.jpg
26 KB, 393x393
>>64097556

I had fun. So did your mom, when I was balls deep in her ass, during the end credits.
>>
>>64080571
This. So much this. Contrarian struggling to find argument is Delicious
>>
>>64079442
biggest mistake of this piece of shit movie was that the good guy was a fucking mary sue and the villain a piece of shit weakling... when JJ rots of cancer i will laugh.
>>
>>64097428
Transformers made billions. by your reasoning, it's so good and awesome and well made, and purposefully done, because it made billions.

TFA was just a poorly scripted film. I shouted Mary Sue when Kirk was left on a planet, which just had spock and scotty. nothing compares to Rey though, she's just awesome for no reason. Finn was believable and Ren was frighteningly powerful, but failed against Rey each and every time they met up.
>>
>>64097556
I paid to have JJ blow some shit up
Some people think Godzilla needs a story
It doesn't , Godzilla shows up smashing Tokyo and it's a good movie, add Mathew Broderick and it sucks
They could have overworked this movie but they didn't
>>
>>64097067
Pretty underrated post, twas one of the few things I laughed at.
>>
>>64097722
Star Wars has always been explicitly plot and character driven.
>>
>>64097788
>star wars
>plot
>character driven
>>
>>64097788
I understand why you say that
But for me the story was filler between the special effects,
>>
>>64097788
Yes, that's why each film has opened with a wall of text explaining where the story and characters stand.

>>64097837
Irrelevant. The above post was talking about what a specific movie is about, not what it is about to "me."
>>
>>64079442
I'm still not convinced that people would have liked this movie if the prequels didn't exist.

And that goes for me too, since i liked it too.
>>
>>64098061
People mostly liked the prequels when they first came out. The hype and shared cultural experience makes it made it so. TFA is no different.
>>
>>64086517

Yeah that was odd.
>>
>>64080571
>Beats Jurassic World

No it hasn't faggot.
>>
>>64082681
Star Wars is and always will be generic action for retards.

Stop idolizing these bloated toy commercials disguised as films.
>>
>>64080571
Straight up rekting this board yo daaayum
>>
>>64092120
>destroying a gigantic death star is practically a side plot
my favorite part was when the female pilot had the line "they're about to fire what are we going to do!" but didn't look worried at all. QUALITY acting. then they go into the trench run and non-important characters die so poe can save the day
>>
>>64099286
I think the idea was she didn't look worried because she was so focused on what she was going, and was trying to remain calm and collected.
>>
>>64081152
In my opinion it's the Jedi that are evil.
>>
>>64084444
Shiny and Chrome
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.