[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
heres my problem with Rey, because of the way she is written
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: shitchar.jpg (38 KB, 768x431) Image search: [Google]
shitchar.jpg
38 KB, 768x431
heres my problem with Rey, because of the way she is written every other character becomes irrelevant, in the OT luke has Leia and Han to lean on, because he needs it at times, this makes him a character able to grow and become great. Anakin has Obi-Wan to lean on and learn from, this makes it so he is not, despite everyone telling him he's the fucking chosen one, able to win all the damn time. Rey has Han solo a veteran fighter pilot, Chewie a veteran savage and Finn a trained soldier to lean on and get supported by. But she doesn't need anyone, ever. so Finn is made pointless Han becomes funny man reference guy and chewie becomes slapstick bear. every character serves only to further hammer in the fact that Rey is the greatest ever at everything and she dont need no one. Finn the character who should become her most trusted friend and capable ally is immediately bumped down to comic relief. Rey has no growth other than watch this character go from powerful and completely independent to over the top savior of the galaxy doing everything by herself. she is literally just like a my japanese anime main character and the movie and the sequels will suffer for it unless its changed
>>
>greatest at everything and doesn't need anyone
>didn't do shit at the starkiller base except defeat Kylo Ren who's been softened up by everybody else
>>
Just because Rey doesn't need to rely on Finn, it doesn't make Finn irrelevant.

In fact, Finn is really the one driving the story. Finn's defection from the First Order is what puts everything into motion. Finn is also the one keeping Rey on track. If it weren't for Finn, Rey wouldn't be doing anything except for trying to find a way back to Jakku.
>>
How so
>>
what
>>
>>64077920
she's so pretty.
>>
>>64078177
The fact that she escaped all by her own using the Jedi Mind Trick that she didn't even know about was enough for me to be annoyed by her.
>>
She basically goes on her own adventure halfway through the movie, and she's mainly supposed to contrast Kylo. TFA cribs a lot from ANH, but this aspect isn't really comparable.
>>
>>64079206
If it wasn't for Finn grabbing her hand and pulling her away fr Rey would have been killed by the First order air support. If he didn't manned the turret in the Falcon, she'd be dead as none of her tricks made them lose her tail. If he didn't wanted to rescue her from Starkiller Base, she would have wander aimlessly in the base until she was caught again or the planet blown up. If Finn didn't buy time holding on Kylo Ren when she was inconscious, Kylo Ren could have easily picked her up again.
>>
>>64078177
> first time using the force
> defeats kylo ren in mind battle, who has a master and is in training for i dont know how long

it is one-woman-show up in this flick.
>>
>>64081590
> Using the Jedi Mind Trick on a stormtrooper
> Stormtrooper raised and brainwashed to follow orders
> Failed twice before getting it right
> While she manadged to resist mind fuckery from a darksider
> Impressive
>>
>>64082090
It still irked the fuck out of me that she would even think of trying that when it hasn't been done by anyone else in the film for her to even know to try it. She was un-fucking-touchable.
>>
>let go of my hand!
fucking eyerolling, then they did it AGAIN
>>
File: glib_facsimile.jpg (301 KB, 699x1211) Image search: [Google]
glib_facsimile.jpg
301 KB, 699x1211
>>64077920
>>
>>64077920
This.
>>
>>64082148
She heard about the Jedi. She thought they were legends, but Han revealed they are real, and the Force is real too.

What are Jedi known to do : Jedi Mind Trick.

Also what did Kylo Ren was doing to her the scene before ? Extracting ideas from her mind. If you can take an idea from someone, can you put one in someone ? She did just that.

What is Yoda's most famous line? Do, or do not. There is no try.

What did Han told her ? I don't ask this question (if something is possible) until I have done it.
>>
>>64082164
He was a stranger by that point. When she came to knew him she has no problem being touchy. She is the one hugging him or kissing his forehead.

And if he didn't grab her hand, she'd be dead.

It's not a feminist statement. It's a normal reaction when someone you don't know start grabbing you.
>>
>>64081869
Listen, we don't want facts here anon. We just want an echo chamber so we can say to ourselves that Rey is a Mary sue slut and a tumblr meme character that sorely needs a dicking.
>>
>>64083015
No, it's pandering. When your life is on the line you're not worried about being fucking independent when someone is rushing you away from danger
>>
File: 1450949514484.jpg (215 KB, 1000x981) Image search: [Google]
1450949514484.jpg
215 KB, 1000x981
>>64082090
>She uses tricks only proficient Jedi who has trained for years can do...not a mary sue Rey.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.