[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why can't I accept that it was a good movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: 1450859002518.jpg (409 KB, 508x508) Image search: [Google]
1450859002518.jpg
409 KB, 508x508
Why can't I accept that it was a good movie?
>>
>>64077746
Because you're on /tv/. Liking popular things isn't allowed here, you're only allowed to like semi-vague movies about historical events
>>
because it's not a good movie, but you probably wish it was.
>>
>>64077746
because it isn't

it's blurred and confused. A glib fascimile of something you've seen before.
>>
Will Luke use a lightsaber ever again or is he too powerful to resort to that shit by now?
>>
>>64077746
The first half is pretty good. Took a steep dive as soon the cgi tentacle monsters showed up. Then we got Orange "story for another time" Yoda and the blow up the death star plot re-recycled
>>
>>64078216
hopefully his saber swinging days are over, especially seeing how ren was quite good with the force despite not having completed his training, luke should be a bad motherfucker at this point
>>
>>64077746
Because it isn't. It managed to shit on both the prequels and the OT while raping the EU and being a poorly directed movie on top of it.

I was about to say it is bad on every aspect, but the visuals were mostly good so I'll give him that, although it's still sad to see that this galaxy far far away still has less biodiversity than fucking Earth.
>>
Because it isn't.

It's a remake of A New Hope with cameos from the original cast. It's completely souless.
>>
Well, that depends on what you define as good, I guess.
If you're going to split all movies into good ones and bad ones, then I think you'd have to put TFA in the former category, rather than the latter.

If you think anything under an 8/10 isn't good, though, then that's reasonable. I'd give TFA a 7/10 myself, which I think makes it a good movie. Not great, but above average.
>>
Every time I've seen someone talk positively about this movie, their facial expressions seem to betray what they're saying. As if they know there's something wrong with it and they're not aware of what, so they just say it's good because it's Star Wars.

This has happened before.
>>
>>64077746
because it legitimately was a shit movie
>>
>>64078667
Its ok. When 8 comes out they will see the truth just like it took into darkness ripping off wrath of khan to enrage people
>>
It wasn't. The acting was bad, the lightsaber effects were bad, Harrison Ford looked like he didn't want to be there.
>>
>>64077746
cons:

-no artistic integrity (rehash of anh)
-Mary sue main character
-breakneck jj style pacing and weird camera usage (fucking cantina scene, fucking helicopter shot at the end)

good:
-flinn
-Kylo ren
-.lightsaber fights
-force powers
-stormtroopers
-the visuals (aliens and imperial base)
>>
>>64077746
It's because you shit in the soap drawer, Brian.
>>
>>64078751
He never has
>>
I got triggered when that stormtrooper's tonfa was able to block the lightsaber. Lightsaber should be able to cut through anything.
>>
>>64078845
Then those droids from Ep III must not have sat well with you.
>>
>>64078216
Why isn't his lightsaber green?
>>
>>64078747

VIII is being written and directed by Rian Johnson. Abrams will be involved only in the absentee sense implied by the "Executive Producer" credit.
>>
>>64078902
Doesn't matter the executives make all the big decisions. All major plot points including Rey being Luke's daughter are set in stone regardless of the writer and director.
>>
>>64077746
even luke was disappointed at the end of the movie
>>
>>64078751
>Harrison Ford looked like he didn't want to be there.

Harrison Ford never wants to be anywhere.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxjt6z1Nz34
>>
because it is
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.