[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so does /tv/ just hate strong independent women in movies? Because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2
File: Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Furiosa.jpg (103 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Mad-Max-Fury-Road-Furiosa.jpg
103 KB, 1080x720
so does /tv/ just hate strong independent women in movies?
Because honestly Furiosa and Rey were some of my new favorite characters of this year.

i'm not even trolling
>>
>>64074207
Furiosa is completely different from Rey because she actually struggles throughout the film and literally needs to be saved by the man at the end because her "plan" to save the other stronk wimminz is "pick a random direction and go that way"
>>
furiosa got her ass beaten 4v1 against max
>>
Because their mothers never loved them
>>
>>64074207
Furiosa is competent but flawed, great character
Rey is competent and not flawed, shit character
>>
>>64074230
>>64074249

These.
>>
furiosa >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>rey
>>
>>64074230
>at the end
Pretty much the whole way through. She was very believable.
>>
Furiosa is actually a decent female character, she kind of reminds me of Ripley, who is by far the only non-shit action heroine to date.

Rey is even more a Mary Sue than Luke was
>>
Rey and Furious literally couldn't have happened if you think of the societies they were raised in.
>>
furiosa doesn't change society in any meaningful way and her victory only proves that women can be neoliberal despots

shes hillary clinton with a buzzcut
>>
>>64074275
>be me
>any stressful situation/emergency I've ever been in with a womyn
>all womyn does is panic/freeze/scream/cry and I have to do all the thinking to fix the situation

Shit nigga, I'm talking like "we need cash to get a car out of impound and it won't let me take more money out ;_;"

"Soooo just call your bank and tell them your fraud protection kicked in and you need more money than that"

This isn't even getting into situations like injuries, cars breaking down or any kind of actual emergency situation

Women are fucking useless IRL and everyone knows it which is why they need characters like Rey so they can fantasize about being more than emotional babymachines
>>
>>64074207

Furiosa wasn't a mary sue though, she was flawed and fucked up from the onset.
>>
>>64074326
>women are useless irl

I'm guessing your mom never loved you, and for good reasons, fag
>>
>>64074305
You are literally wrong.
>>
>>64074326
Does anyone actually like women?
>>
>>64074207
Because we live in a society where we have no significant issues or problems to complain about?
>>
>>64074372

>Rey
>Not getting raped by alien dick in a backwards desert shithole

Think about what you just wrote and try again
>>
Ok, I only half watched Fury Road, but did Furiosa actually do anything right the whole movie? Isn't the entire film "Furiosa tries to help some women out and fucks it up and needs Deus ex MAx-ima to fix everything"?
>>
>>64074300
>>64074348
>mary sue
when MMFR came out everyone hated Furiosa because she was labled a feminist wet dream.
the word mary sue was never used but i bet if MMFR was released a week or two from now everyone would be calling her that.
>>
>>64074207
Bullshit /tv/ circlejerked Edge of Tomorrow. Mad Max and StarCucks is just terrible
>>
>>64074367
If either parent was ever hitting me as a child, it was almost always my mom

Dad never spanked me unless I legit deserved it and it was few and far between

Mom would snap because she had a rough day at work

Every girl I've ever dated/fucked was a selfish entitled bitch, and half of them had boyfriends they were cheating on

Every platonic female friend I've ever had talked shit about their boyfriend when he wasn't around and had a sideguy whether it was me or not

>girl cheats on her bf with me
>was her idea in the first place
>people find out and start talking
>she blames it all on me, says I "pressured her," borderline implies I raped her
>>
>>64074404
>getting raped by alien dick
Stop watching anime, kid.
>>
>>64074422
I only saw Fury Road a couple of days ago and thought her character was great and made sense. I didn't think the film was overly feministic, the heroes to me were Max and Nux.
>>
>>64074420
She's good with guns and cars, better than max imo
>>
>>64074442
Nice blog, beta cuckboy.
>>
>>64074420
She blinded that /k/ oldfag with that scoped SKS.
>>
>>64074441
/tv/ circlejerked MM and SW too, what's your point?
>>
>>64074326
This largely true but I've lived a fairly eventful life and have been stuck with some very competent women in my time.

One girl I used to sail with on a Tallship was one of the most competent sailors I've ever met and strong as fuck to boot. So there are always exceptions.

That said I'd have swapped her out for a male crewmember every time because of the constant fucking complaining, whining, shit stirring and games. Women can be individually as competent or even sometimes more competent than men it's how men gel as a team that they can never replicate.
>>
>>64074207
>liking women shit

go back to reddit SJW
>>
>>64074480
>be guy who makes girls want to cheat on their boyfriends
>somehow a cuck for this
>>
>>64074442
>ALL women are awful because of my personal experience and anecdotal evidence

Try again.
>>
>>64074422

She's not a Mary Sue, she's hard on the outside but there's a crippled girl inside. She just acts on instinct and when she implements her plan she's quickly way out of her depth. Max and Nux had to do all the serious shit.
>>
>>64074264
Rey is flawed. She lets her emotions get ahead of her sometimes too much and she doesn't know the world around her so she has to learn things.
>>
>>64074503
this, wimminz don't understand camaraderie, honor, respect or loyalty

they see themselves as the center of everything and other people as dolls in their dollhouse, hence the shitstirring and dramashit

>>64074524
wxmyn detected

screen cap this thread and post it on tumblr, whale
>>
>>64074479
>>64074490
K, that's cool. I dunno, at the start it feels like she's supposed to be driving the plot but towards the end its just sorta happening around her, which might be intentional and come across less weird if I had been paying more attention. Might've just missed something important.
>>
>plebs whining about women in film
>but /tv/ is my no girls club
You guys act like school boys. Are you really adult?
>>
>>64074580
most really nerdy people never grew up and are going through their second childhood.
Why do you think so many people bitch about muh childhood is ruined
>>
>a movie consisting of only guys and no women
Sounds like my kind of haremshit.
>>
>>64074442
>>64074503
>>64074550

UPBOATED
P
B
O
A
T
E
D
>>
Anonymous 32 minutes ago No.64074207

>>64074230 >>64074264 >>64074348 >>64074403 >>64074441 >>64074506
Can you please pos this on https://www.reddit.com/r/TumblrInAction
Thanks! :)
>>
File: women_and_emergencies.jpg (242 KB, 610x1047) Image search: [Google]
women_and_emergencies.jpg
242 KB, 610x1047
>>64074326
>>64074503
>>64074550
>>64074776
>>
Anonymous 53 seconds ago No.64074836

women_and_emergencies.jpg (242 KB, 610x1047) google iqdb saucenao
242 KB

>>64074326
>>64074503
>>64074550
>>64074776
i like this post
>>
???

>>> No.64074856
>>

Holy shit is this a get?
>>
Hello?

▲ ▲
ωнєяє ∂ι∂ єνєяyσηє ﻭσ
>>
>>64074500
Not ironically though
>>

▲ ▲
ಠ_ಠ.
>>
>> No.64074856#
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ
>>
>>64075020
>you literally opened character map and grabbed all those to shitpost

go to bed
>>
>>64074453
>jabba didnt rape and kill sex slaves and leia

keep sjwing dipshit
>>
>>64074836
>180kmh

So just over a hundred
>>
>>64074261
Brianna Wu pls go

Just because the characters are women, doesn't make them exempt from legit criticism
>>
>>64074207
I liked Mad Max but didn't find Furiosa very compelling, but yeah I do like good female characters like Amazing Amy for instance.
Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.