[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sooo why the fuck did Padme die in RotS? She was force-choked
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5
File: padme.jpg (22 KB, 636x269) Image search: [Google]
padme.jpg
22 KB, 636x269
sooo
why the fuck did Padme die in RotS? She was force-choked a bit by Annie but dats it.
There was some shit exposition about her being so sad that she couldn't live anymore but come on
I know it's a space fairytale, but even in fairytales characters don't just die cuz they're SAD
>>
>>64073947
She lost the will to live. Seriously that's the reason.
And /tv/ likes the prequels now?
>>
>>64073947
A broken heart. Just like me T_T
>>
>>64073947
In George's mind people can die because they're so sad.
>>
>>64073995
in real life it happens more often than you think. There are tons of reports and news clippings of couples that die with in hours of each other. Yes in real life people can die of a broken heart. I know it may be hard for you fuckers to realize that because you dont have some one you stick your dick in (or have a dick stuck in you) that you love so dearly that you couldnt stand to be here anymore with out them. That is what true love is. You may find it cheesy or stupid or maybe you just dont understand it because you havent experienced it yet. None the less it is true.
>>
It's meant to be suicide but it was too grim for PG-13 movie. Just read it as suicide.
>>
>>64073947
In an interview with george lucas circa 2007 he said that the reason padme dies is that somehow sheeve manages to transfer her life force onto the twins, to make them powerful as their father
>>
You know it's not uncommon for women to die from complications during birthing right?
>>
>>64073947
broken heart syndrome, faggot
>>
Sidious may have drained her life force to drive the nail in further with Annie. Who knows man, it's just a story
>>
>>64074061
sure people can die because of "broken hearts", but it usually happens when the heart is ACTUALLY broken, i.e. the old person with heart problems. Padme was legitimately healthy and pretty young. And she had 2 fucking kids, why couldn't she live anymore?
>>
>>64074074
Sounds like he just made that shit on the spot so that the interviewer would fuck off
>>
>>64074133
i made it up m8, im bored at home
>>
>>64074111
Also, desu, it didn't seem like their love was true enough. I dunno whether to chalk that one up to Georgo's script or the actor's abilities.
>>
>>64074111
Thats here on earf. Also Anikan is strong with the force unlike anyone else. Him turning to the dark side could have done shit to her because she can not follow his path as she clearly stated. I mean we can go on and on and why i believe its possible for her to die of a broken heart and why you think its not possible. Or we could both realize its a movie and it may have been shoehorned in while it being plausible to further the story of Darth Vader and Luke Skywalker.
>>
>>64074163
Its partly the script and partly the actors abilities. It was true love though. He did something Jedi's were not suppose to do and she did something people of the senate where not suppose to do. There is a reason why the Jedi and the Senate were separate and they pretty much said fuck you all because they loved each other. How do you not see that?
>>
like, Lucas could've just add a line about some complications during the birth and it would make a bit more sense
geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez
>>
File: jus_hold_still_baby.jpg (180 KB, 900x381) Image search: [Google]
jus_hold_still_baby.jpg
180 KB, 900x381
The scene with the black orderly would probably clear up the confusion a bit, but George got cold feet and cut the scene at the last minute.
>>
>>64074286
nigga you never been love. Like true love where the feeling is mutual. So you can not speak about it until youve known true love.
>>
>>64074286
>Lucas could've just add a line about some complications during the birth and it would make a bit more sense
Lol, nigger pick up a book.

She was emotionally distraught and had to pop two babbies out.
>>
>>64074309
... and died within an hour after this true love seaze to exist?
>>
File: 3k1ZAKm.jpg (247 KB, 720x642) Image search: [Google]
3k1ZAKm.jpg
247 KB, 720x642
>>64074299
A B S O L U T E L Y
B L A C K E D
>>
>In the PT Obi Wan is literally there at the birth of Luke and Leia
>In the OT Yoda has to tell Obi Wan that Leia exists

Reminder Lucas didn't bother to watch the OT before making the PT

>For over a thousand generations the Jedi Knights were the guardians of peace and justice in the Old Republic.
>I will not let this Republic that has stood for a thousand years be split in two!

Reminder there are heroes on both sides
>>
File: collage.jpg (99 KB, 1351x974) Image search: [Google]
collage.jpg
99 KB, 1351x974
YOU SIMPLE FUCKING IDIOTS

Sheev channels the force out of her into anakin. How did you think he knew she died? And they couldn't spell it out any better than when annie and sheev are talking about Darth Plagerus, who knew who to create life with the force. Anakin was the imbalance they created. So it's pretty established that rule of two means once the apprentice learns everything the master knows, the apprentice kills the master.

Plenty of give aways too. Obi checked her before fighting Anakin, she was fine. He would have fled if she wasn't.

the med droids couldn't explain it either. It's not a biological thing, it's a force thing.
>>
>>64074375
+ Leia said she remembered her mother when she was a kid

What a fucking rushed ending. It's like Lucas was finally outta money and had to quickly end this mess and forget about it.
>>
>>64074400
>How did you think he knew she died

cause there was a fucking funeral right after? Which literally everyone attended?
>>
Lucas is basically Shakespeare
>>
>>64074450

He knew the moment she died. In a secure location.
>>
>>64074423
Should the prequels be treated like Enterprise?

a corrupted holodeck/holocron program?
>>
Annie?
>>
fuuuu I just asked this during some general prequel ranting.

only interesting answer I got was that Sheev did it somehow, forced the life out of her and used it to save Vader..... never stated or shown in the film, but better then "she was sooooo saaaaad".

>>64074088

I don't accept that with the tech to have spaceships and cyborgs (Greivis is just a brain and digestive organs) they can't do a C-section or stop hemorrhaging.

ALso a question I've asked with no good answer,
what did Sheev want to get by making the empire? I don't accept the "absolute powah" or "I hate jedis", I really think a simple hint in the movie would have done so much for the story.
Is he using the resources or military to pusue some Sith/force related goal like imortalitity or finding artifacts?
I just don't get why such a powerful guy would do all that without a solid desire.
>>
File: palpatine.jpg (18 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
palpatine.jpg
18 KB, 400x300
>>64073947

> why the fuck did Padme die in RotS?

Sheev killed her just because he could. Then he told Anakin he killed her.
>>
>>64073966
>And /tv/ likes the prequels now?
Where in the OP is this suggested?

Also
>/tv/ is one person
>>
>>64074473
all that and more was explained in the EU, so...wait for the new EU to explain it again.
>>
>>64074466
He knew because Sheev told him he killed her, hence the 'NOOOOOO'
>>
>>64074473
>what did Sheev want to get by making the empire? I don't accept the "absolute powah" or "I hate jedis", I really think a simple hint in the movie would have done so much for the story.

Yuuzhan Vong, dude.
>>
>>64074339
well have you been in true love with the other half feeling the same exact way? If no then you can not say its impossible for her to die like that. If yes then you would have not replied
>>
>>64074486
The prequels being good is a popular meme right now.
>>
>>64074111
Watch Interstellar, anon. Sometimes emotions defy "logic."
>>
>>64074423
She could have been talking about her adopted mother that died. She didnt know she was adopted. You fucking dense fuck. Its like you fucks need everything spelled out for you.
>>
>>>have to read 5 books to find out Sheev wants to own every beanie baby in the galaxy
>>
>>64074586
Only redditors like you.
>>
>>64073947
>why the fuck did Padme die in RotS?

because continuity demanded it
>>
>>64073947
because georg lucasy got to the 160th page of the script and sddenly remembered that he needed darth vader to be a bad guy in ANH
>>
>>64074535

That's an expanded universe afterthought, not canon.
>>
She died from having no personality or character whatsoever
>>
>>64073947
the movies take place "a long time ago" when medical science was less advanced. duh.
>>
Why didn't they use a transporter to simply teleport the babies out of her?
>>
>>64074473
The sith operate in rules of 2. Jedi encompass everyone. The Jedi directly imbalanced the force when they killed off all the Sith. The Jedi work as a republic where everyone gets their say. You see in the PT how dysfunctional the senate got. They Jedi were so blind by their ways that they thought they were always right because it had been that way for so long. The sith operate on the opposite scale where There is one HNIC (head nigga in charge) and his heir apparent. So the sith operate like a dictatorship because they think they are right and that its whats best for the galaxy if you just listen to his way and obey his command. But that much power is always corrupted. You see this mirror life here on earth. Momarh Kaddafih is a great example of this. He wanted what was best for his people and they put him solely in charge. People at first loved him. Free college free health care. All kinds of shit that was good for everyone. Slowly but surely that power corrupts. Towards the end of his life he was a very paroniod guy with very odd mannerisms. Like his personal securtiy team where only bad ass females like he was some james bond villian except he actually did this.

Any who the force is not evil nor good. Its all how you use it. Some people see things like the sith and some see them like the jedi. Talk to people that are from a communist country and I bet if you explain to them the sith and the jedi they will say oh the jedi dont work because there are to many people in charge and nothing gets done.
>>
Sie ist... von einem... zerbrechenden Herz gestorben....
>>
>>64073947
snoke used the force to kill her, like he used the force to birth anakin but in reverse. its so obvious
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.