[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why doesn't vader just appear to Kylo Ren as a force ghost
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4
File: darth-vader-face1[1].jpg (68 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
darth-vader-face1[1].jpg
68 KB, 1024x768
Why doesn't vader just appear to Kylo Ren as a force ghost and tell him he turned to the lightside at the end?
>>
That's a huge plot hole. I'm not even sure why Kylo Ren wanted to be like Vader in the first place. I'm sure, Luke, Han and Leia all would have told him how tragic of a character he was and how he turned good at the end.
>>
JJ just wanted another Vader character and made stupid shit up.
>>
Snookie blocks ghosts from appearing
>>
>>64073093
He knows.
>>
>>64073162
It's an allegory for the inherent hate and bigotry born in the heart of every white man. Bravo JJ.
>>
Vader's too busy fucking ghost Padme to care about some wannabe poser like Kylo Ren
He was my favorite character besides Poe
>>
File: star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png (1021 KB, 1115x1380) Image search: [Google]
star_worse_a_not-so-new_hopeless.png
1021 KB, 1115x1380
>>64073093
>>
>>64073162
It's not a plot hole until the other two movies have come out.
>>
>>64073093
It's a kids film. It doesn't need to make sense. Why do you people expect more from it? The target audience accepts it for what it is. If you're capable of dissecting it and finding massive plot holes and inconsistencies then why are you incapable of grasping the fact that you've outgrown it?
>>
>>64073162
I can never tell if you guys are trolling or are genuinly this detached from the movie while you're watching it. It doesnt matter to Kylo whether or not Vader actually turned at the end. He is going to 'finish what (Vader) started'.
>>
>>64073162
From Ren's point of view, the light side is eveil
>>
File: 1384876703728.jpg (73 KB, 821x504) Image search: [Google]
1384876703728.jpg
73 KB, 821x504
>>64073376
>It's a kids film
>>
>>64073093
There's no canon example of a Force ghost appearing before someone who didn't know them in life, so I'm assuming that isn't possible.

He could already know anyway. Ben is playing the long con and trying to prove to Snoke that he's turned to the Dark Side so he can get close to him and kill him.
>>
>>64073093
He knows.

Remember him saying something like "I'll succeed where you failed"?

He is talking about how in the end he failed by going to the light side. And he (Kylo) won't let that happen to himself. Says something about his encounter with Han too.
>>
You guys think Luke will survive this trilogy?
>>
>implying force ghosts aren't just psychotic ego manifestations to affirm the character's actions
>>
>>64073093
>tell him he turned to the lightside at the end?

He knows he turned to the lightside and considers it a momentary lapse in Vader's judgement.
>>
>>64073751
He probably dies in the next film. He's old and they're paying him a lot of money they probably want to kill him off as soon as possible.
>>
File: Hobbit_cover.jpg (104 KB, 245x381) Image search: [Google]
Hobbit_cover.jpg
104 KB, 245x381
>>64073376

>They're children therefore they deserve lower standards
>It's childrens' media, it doesn't need a consistent, well-built world
>Let's actively condone throwing away qualities that are integral to building creativity and a taste

You aren't just wrong, you're unethical.
>>
>>64073983
Just let it go already. It was shit since Return of the Jedi. We learned at that point it was never going to mature with the audience but simply churn out the same low level complexity with each subsequent film. People like you are the reason modern potential classics don't get funded but instead we get the same shit regurgitated year after year.
How many more films will it take for you to realize this shit isn't being made for you?
The Hobbit is very obviously a kids book too btw. You probably thought the films were shit but kids loved them. Why is that do you think?
>>
>>64074203

>People like me

I didn't even want to see Episode VII before I knew what was up. Tickets were bought for me, by surprise, and it would have been pointless to refuse. You're assuming a lot about me by accusing me of enabling the capeshit cash machine. though desu I'll go see almost any damn movie if someone else is buying and I'm bored enough.

>How many more films will it take for you to realize this shit isn't being made for you?

You're right, VII was not made for me. It was made to cheaply appeal to people even older than me via rote callbacks.

>The Hobbit is very obviously a kids book too btw

That's the point. Kids would have loved the movies just as much if they were more faithful to the book. The irony in your post was that the movie was actually changed to appeal to adults who expect the tone of the Lord of the Rings trilogy.
>>
Why didnt Kyro Ren go after Vader's lightsaber, or did it blow up in the death star 2?
>>
>>64073751
I think he will die in Episode 9 fighting Snoke
>>
>>64073093
Because Kylo Ren is fucking embarrassing to be around?

You want that shit on your conscience as a grandpa?
>>
>>64073093
He trained under Luke, there's no way he doesn't know.

By "finish what you started" he means bring balance to the force. Luke fucked it up.
>>
>>64073306
>It'll all be explained in the next films, don't forget to pre-order your tickets now!
>>
>>64074779
>Kylo plans to kill all the Jedi then kill Snoke and himself, ending the force forever to truly bring balance to the force

BRAVO
>>
>>64074829
>peace will only be acheived when all humans are dead
>>
>Kylo is a dark and edgy teenager
>/tv/ are dark and edgy teenagers

>Kylo hates his parents due to teenage angst
>/tv/ hates their parents due teenage angst

>Kylo is a virgin
>/tv/ are virgins

>Kylo is a weak loser who talks hot shit then gets btfo by a girl who fucks a black stud
>/tv/ are weak losers who talk hot shit then get btfo by girls who fuck black studs

>Kylo obsessed with Darth Vader's mask
>/tv/ obsessed with Bane's mask
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.