[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Starkillah Bass
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: WhatTheFuck.png (966 KB, 791x547) Image search: [Google]
WhatTheFuck.png
966 KB, 791x547
Can someone pls explain to me how this shit was supposed to work?

Did it completely drain any star it came across?

Did it move from system to system or was it stationary? ......wtf??
>>
I'm more interested into how the fuck the First Order did manage to build it without anyone knowing.
The two Death Stars were HUGE projects, even for the Empire at its peak and now a bunch of SS-looking motherfuckers can build a planet-sized system-wrecker without the Republic taking notice and fucking their shit?
>>
>>64074132

It's the equivalent of North Korea building a nuke.

Or Nazi Germany managing the V2 rockets toward the end of WW2.

In any case, why bother thinking about it? You can be sure no-one involved in the production of the movie did.
>>
>>64074132
I'm guessing building a massive thing like that into your own home planet is easier to get away with than building a whole new station out in the middle of nowhere...?

That's just an attempt at a possible justification, i still think the whole thing is hella dumb.
>>
>>64073074

How is the planet even stable?

Look at how much they've dug out of the planets core, you can see the atmosphere difference to the ratio of forest land.
>>
>yfw they start making an even BIGGER death star star killer thing in the next movie
>>
>Did it move from system to system or was it stationary?
This is a question you could ask about the Death Star too
>>
>>64073074

The base, and the associated X-wing attack, were the worst thing about TFA and really dragged down the end of the movie.

In fact the "climax" of TFA was the worst climax of any Star Wars film, apart from Attack of the Clones.

Phantom Menace had a better climax.
>>
>>64074627

Death Star had hyperdrive, though you'd have to read a book to find that out.
>>
>>64074132
Since Rakata Prime is now canon, it's not a stretch to assume that it could've been a relic from the Infinite Empire just like the Star Forge. You've also got to remember that the Starkiller Base emerged from the Unknown Regions, a lot of shit goes down in those parts without news making it to the other parts of the galaxy.
>>
>>64074738
> Rakata Prime and Starforge canon

What the shit?
>>
>>64073074
Star Wars is fantasy space opera not science fiction and the target audience isn't capable of understanding how the outlandishly absurd constructions shit all over the laws of physics.
Either accept all the nonsense or none.
>>
>>64073074
How did they even build it? Something like this must have taken a million years to construct.
>>
File: star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg (186 KB, 900x1200) Image search: [Google]
star-wars-new-galaxy-map-160952.jpg
186 KB, 900x1200
>>64074811
In the 'canon map' of the galaxy release Rakata Prime is pictured on the left. Now that doesn't explicitly mean KotOR is canon but it's not a stretch to assume so.
>>
>>64074736
What book must I read? I've only watched the movies and nothing else.
>>
>>64074736
But you got the sense during the movie that the thing could move. They wanted to know where the rebel base was so they could presumably go there, and it's unlikely that it was chilling at Alderaan from the very beginning. Plus the whole climax shows how the Death Star moving closer and closer to where it could fire on the Rebel base. There's enough movie logic that you don't really question it in the middle of watching the film.

In TFA, they reinforce the notion that the Starkiller is actually going to completely consume the sun, to the point that it isn't going to give off any more light, and they say this in the middle of the climactic battle sequence. It took me completely out of the scene and got me instead thinking about stupid science fiction inconsistencies instead.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.