[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>can effortlessly stop a laserblast in mid air >can read
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7
File: Kylo_Ren[1].jpg (106 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kylo_Ren[1].jpg
106 KB, 1280x720
>can effortlessly stop a laserblast in mid air
>can read people's mind using the force
>gets his ass completely rekt by a girl who picked up a lightsaber for the first time ever
>>
>op doesn't get it
merry christmas you fucking moron
>>
The Dark Side is erratic by definition. Expect the people who spurned the discipline of the Jedi to be shitty on some days.
>>
He also throws tantrums like you autists
>>
>>64070002
Rey was a knight of Ren, Kylo was shot with a fucking bowcaster and killed his father.
>>
He was also shot in the fucking dick by Chewbacca's overpowered bowcaster.
>>
>>64070277
>Rey was a knight of Ren
???
>>
>>64070277
>Rey was a knight of Ren
this is one of the dumbest predictions I think I've ever seen, but some people seem to actually think it's realistic.
do you think Kylo wouldn't have recognized her if that were the case? When would she have been with them exactly? she's only 19.
>>
>>64070284

Seriously, how overpowered was that shit? What the fuck? Why isn't that shit standard issue for every soldier in every army everywhere?
>>
>>64070353
it can blow up a speeder in one shot, and is more accurate than a normal blaster.
they're usually semi automatic with a single action trigger though. chewie just modified his so it automatically cocks itself.
>>
>>64070318
>>64070349
Why else would she have visions of the Knights of Ren. One of which was short and equipped with a staff. They were both mind wiped and it is going to go full KOTOR. They repeatedly used many elements from KOTOR and the EU already.
>>
>>64070349
He did recognize her(it's clearer in the novelization). It's probable he called her a traitor in the forest and not Finn. We'll have to wait for Episode 8 to know for certain, but don't you think it's at least a little bit strange that she's about the same height and build as the staff-user in the Knights of Ren?
>>
>>64070277
>Rey was a knight of Ren
She grew up on a shit hole desert planet
>>
File: MenxV3N[1].jpg (160 KB, 673x711) Image search: [Google]
MenxV3N[1].jpg
160 KB, 673x711
>>64070413
there are other characters in the star wars universe that use staves.
again, when would she have been with them?
>>
>>64070002
>force skills = lightsaber skills
How many chances do you get to get into a melee fight in Star Wars when every Jedi is dead?
>>
>>64070512
She thought she did. She also had "memories" of where she would find Luke too you cuckold.
>>
that laserblast shit was comical
>>
>>64070529
You're circling the wrong ones the one with the staff is the shortish one on Kylo's right
>>
He was shot by a weapon that has been shown to send people flying.
>>
>>64070596
>You
wasn't me. one of the first pictures on google when you search knights of ren. and that just further indicates that simply having a staff means nothing, since more than one person there fought with one.
>>
Rey was probably the one that really fucked up the academy
>>
>>64070678
Why did she have a vision of the Knights of Ren? How did she have force powers just coming to her like she was waking up? We offer explanations and all you say is there is bound to be another staff user somewhere some place.
>>
File: KnightsOfRen_TFA.png (554 KB, 1088x816) Image search: [Google]
KnightsOfRen_TFA.png
554 KB, 1088x816
>>64070413
>>64070460
It's an axe. Rey's vision for the massacre part is a guy about to attack her and she gets saved by Kylo Ren. Then cut to being left on Jakku. Seems like Kylo was too weak to kill her then, before he was hardcore (post it someone) and specially since she was just a kid. Luke isn't shitty enough to leave his daughter with that portion guy, he only left because all his students were murdered and his daughter went missing.
>>
Knights of Ren were there to protect Rey, thats why Kylo killed that padawan who was about to smash Reys face in.
>>
>>64070729
>It's an axe
was just about to post this.
>>
>>64070678
Alright, then why was she shown them?

It's either a vision of her past or of her future right?
What is more likely, that she was part of the knights in the past, or she's gonna fight all of them at once in the future? Why would JJ even want to lock Rian to direct that exact scene years from now?
There's also a third option that she encountered them like that in the past, but if that's the case I don't know why they apparently let her go.
>>
>>64070002
I'll pray for a Christmas miracle tonight that you wake up with that extra chromosome missing. Good luck OP
>>
>>64070720
>Why did she have a vision of the Knights of Ren?
Get back to me in about a year and a half and I'll have an answer for you.
>>
>>64070729
The guy on Kylo's right is holding a legit staff and looks to be about Rey's height
>>
>>64070460
Rey was knocked out and then kylo yelled traitor at Finn who then turns around and fights kylo.
>>
>>64070729
That doesn't make sense. Presumably Kylo initiated the massacre. Maybe Kylo didn't initiate it and eventually decided upon ousting the guy who started it from power or maybe he started it but it went out of control.
>>
>>64070782
When would she have had time to be a knight of ren? at what fucking point in her 19 years of life?
I would guess she encountered all of them at some point for some reason before she was abandoned on jakku.
>>
File: 1356304078425.jpg (65 KB, 342x342) Image search: [Google]
1356304078425.jpg
65 KB, 342x342
>defeats a Sith Lord, Count Dooku
>destroys the leaders of the Trade Federation by himself
>gats PWNED by Obiwan Kenobi
>>
>>64070729
No that thing is definitely a staff.
>>64070794
>this cuck
If you aren't gonna discuss Star Wars then why are you here.
>>
>>64070858
She could've been recruited by Snoke along with Kylo
>>
File: RingedInbornArmyworm[1].gif (2 MB, 1000x624) Image search: [Google]
RingedInbornArmyworm[1].gif
2 MB, 1000x624
>>64070872
>No that thing is definitely a staff.
not sure which you're referring to. The 2nd guy on the right has an axe. the 2nd guy to the left has a staff. the staff is nothing like Rey's though.
>>
>>64070782
We know really little about the Knights of Ren but my guess is that Kylo turned to the dark side - maybe to save Rey eg ousting the leader of the Knights of Ren and massacring the rest - and since then doesn't know what happened to Rey (who got mindwiped and sent to Jakku.)

Or maybe the 'Snoke recruited Rey alongside Kylo' and they were responsible for the massacre, then Luke felt responsible and mindwiped Rey and put her on Jakku.
>>
>>64070947
Left, has similar build and height. Of course it won't be the same one considering time passage, mind wiping, and shit going down.
>>
>>64070896
Kylo is like 10 years older than she is
>>
>>64070002
>implying Rey didn't pick up on Kylo's powers when he tried force-interrogating her
>implying that didn't help boil over the already strong force potential she has
>>
File: vaderhelmet.png (475 KB, 640x632) Image search: [Google]
vaderhelmet.png
475 KB, 640x632
Why the fuck are people so stupid as to believe that he wears the mask just because it wants to be a maximum edgelord?! Obviously the mask enhances his powers. He left his mask on the walkway when he went to fight her, and was not wearing it during their battle. The real question will be if he still has the same mask in the next movie. Also how did he get Vader's helmet?
>>
>>64070647
I feel like people are completely forgetting this. He's bleeding out before the fight even begins with Finn.
>>
File: Full_frontal.jpg (135 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Full_frontal.jpg
135 KB, 1280x720
>>64071043
>Obviously the mask enhances his powers
That would be uninspired and genuinely shit, not that new ideas are exactly fruitful in seequels.
>>
>>64070850
Or the Knights were on a mission from Snoke to kill all the jedi and when Rey is the only one left, Kylo butchers his knights (he is the last as snoke says) to save Rey.

That staff is there though, I was looking at the wrong guy. However Rey was just a kid during the massacre.
>>
>>64071043
>Why the fuck are people so stupid as to believe that he wears the mask just because it wants to be a maximum edgelord?!
why the fuck are you so stupid as to think it enhances his powers?
if it did, he would have worn it to interrogate rey, and he wouldn't have left it behind after he got shot.
>>
>>64071043

>Thinks the mask enhances force powers
>Doesn't realize Ren is wannabe edgelord

Holy freaking god, I've found the dumbest person on this shit board!
>>
>>64071043
Why wouldn't he wear it while interrogating Rey then? Making a point by taking the mask off isn't nearly as important as getting information.
>>
>>64071043
Han walked up to him and told him to take off the mask because he didn't need it. So based on that i'm going to assume he's and edgelord. As for Vader's helmet? Maybe it didn't fully burn when they burned his body so they buried it or Luke decided to keep it and Kylo got it from him? I don't know desu.
>>
>>64071128
It's either that or that she was part of the knights, either way she had force training, the only question is how much
>>
>>64071043
It was on Endors moon. Just where Luke burned Vaders body at the end of the VI movie
>>
>>64071043
>Also how did he get Vader's helmet?
plot convenience
also to give some hamfisted fan service in the trailers for the self-proclaimed "Star Wars nerd" normies who only recognize Vader
>>
Why was he punching himself during the fight?
>>
>>64071239
>>64071237
>see
>>
>>64071252
Psyching himself up and trying to numb the wound.

Apparently that was common amongst samurai, which makes his use of a broadsword a little confusing.
>>
>>64071252
You ever hurt yourself and you feel a rush, sharpening of your senses, adrenaline, and then the pain dissipates? Your body is meant to do that. Some people do this regularly in cutting. Some people will do this when they are hurt and need to get shit done.
>>
>>64071128
>Kylo butchers his knights (he is the last as snoke says) to save Rey
It'd make sense since Luke's lightsabre records echoes of it.
I don't think that Disney would make Rey dark side even if it woulld be cool.
>>
>>64071197
>either way she had force training, the only question is how much
luke trained his daughter at the academy.
>>
>>64070002
novel implies it was because he's in love with her
>>
>>64071128
The massacre happened when Rey was a kid though
>>
>>64071387
I hope that they're not related. Fuck Star Wars and all the incestuous undertones.
>>
>>64071416
fuck me
>>64071197
>>
>>64070865
He didn't have the high ground m8. Doesn't matter how strong he was, 100% checkmate by obi-wan
>>
>>64071416
why would that change anything that he said?
her being a kid only supports that she wasn't a knight of ren.
>>
>>64071455
nevermind, you replied to the wrong guy
>>
>>64071455
We don't know that's an image from the massacre though.
>>
>>64071416
Who was the one that mentioned that? Rey just rambled on about the island and the ocean waiting for Luke.
>>
>>64071490
we don't know anything. literally everything being discussed is just conjecture.
>>
>>64071490
I think it's pretty likely.
>Kylo is one of the Knights of Ren
>Kylo got trained presumably in the Jedi Academy
>It's Luke's lightsaber which has the imprint
>The Jedi Academy was Luke's brainchild
>The lightsaber was left behind by Luke
>>
>>64070002
Thats because Rey is the biggest mary sue ever created for the big screen.

Reminder that Luke FUCKING SKYWALKER took three movies to learn the force AND HE STILL FUCKING GOT HIS ASS KICKED IN THE END.
>>
>>64071121
>>64071130
>>64071156
>>64071164
>>64071189
Sith use ancient artifacts and talismans all the time. I'm sure the mask is infused with ancient dark side energy or some shit. It's like when you get a new piece of weaponry in a RPG and it gives you +5 to strength or some shit. He didn't wear it during the interrogation because it doesn't aid in sith sorcery just lightsaber and battle skills.
>>
>>64071583
>Thats because Rey is the biggest mary sue ever created for the big screen.
this is just getting stupid.
>>
>>64071608
>just lightsaber and battle skills.
so why would he not put it back on after killing han? that's fucking idiotic. he wears it because he's an edgelord that wants to suck vader's dick and be just like him.
>>
>>64071583
rey isn't mary sue

she's luke, han and leia as one character because TFA is ANH distilled to all its best elements
>>
>>64071659
Being all of those characters in one and having 0 flaws makes her a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64071659
>luke, han and leia as one character
wut
>>
>>64071679
I feel like anyone that thinks she's a mary sue just didn't actually watch the movie, or wasn't paying any attention.
>>
>>64070555
Weren't they just visions ?
>>
>>64071608

Please tell me you're having a giggle with us m8.
>>
>>64071659
You realized you agreed with me right?

Putting all the 3 heroes together without any of their flaws makes her a mary sue self insert created by disney to get feminist panties wet.
>>
>>64071581
I assume both posts in this thread about Luke's lightsaber being at the jedi massacre are the same person. No, it wasn't.
>>
>>64071722
no way she knew more about the falcon than han

that was serious laughable mary sue tier shit
>>
>>64071738
She described the island and ocean as memories unless they were visions the whole time. Just going off what she said.
>>
>>64071659
Rey isn't a Mary Sue because a Mary Sue is by definition a self-insert character in a fan-fiction.

She is a Boring Invincible Hero with no curvature to her character arc. There is no excusing that.
>>
>>64071679
Star Wars is one step removed from capeshit and Disney decided to fuck all and make it capeshit with >muh super powers and fill it with shit like tentacled beasts. It's not that Rey isn't OP it's because Disney decided to fuck character development and roll it into about 5 minutes and left the rest to be witty one liners, explosions and heavy handed references to OT and NT.
>>
>>64071799
That used to be the definition maybe a decade ago, now it just means bland op character with superficial weaknesses, designed to appeal to immature people
>>
>>64071792
>no way she knew more about the falcon than han
she didn't know more about the falcon than he did.
she knew about the modifications that had been done to it after Han lost it. obviously he isn't going to know about them.
Like I said, I can only assume you didn't watch the movie, or weren't paying attention.
>>
>>64071659
Rey=Luke (chosen one MC) + Leia (girl)
Poe=Luke (mad pilot skills) + Han (charisma)
Finn=Han (secondary plot thread) + Leia (empire hater)
>>
>>64070277
Why didn't he hold his bleeding by using the force? Didn't Darth Maul survive like that by keeping his guts in using the force in the EU?
>>
>>64071855
because he's a shitty force user.
>>
>>64071834
Explain how she isn't a Mary Sue.
>>
>>64071894
explain how she is.
>>
>>64071855
Yeah this
>>64071878
The only thing he seems to be good at is freezing people and throwing them when he is still somewhat clear thinking.
>>
>>64071799
>Boring Invincible Hero
Not like any writer would let the Dark Side win anyway. It's always the same old shit. They should do a Dark Side introspective with no Jedi and portray it as more then just evil in cool colours. Or write it from the perspective of one of the stormtroopers who doesn't have any super speshul sekrit power/chosen one bullshit.
>>
>>64071830
>It's different now because I say so
Remember, it's not your responsibility to stop being ignorant. It's everyone else that should sound as dumb as you.
>>
>>64071799

>Girl who spent her life on a dirtball waiting for family that will never return finally comes to terms with the reality that she was abandoned and learns to move on with her life has no arc

You're not as dumb as the rest of this board but there is no excusing that.
>>
This board's collective boner for Kylo Ren is both sad and amusing.
>>
>>64070135
seems like the dark side is always winning. and making death stars. i bet the next death star will be solar system wide and wipe out the galaxy.
>>
>>64071967
>Nothing happens the entire film
>Rey questions the meaning of life in a ponderous and philosophical manner from birth to death
>Her last words: Sand... it gets everywhere
A literary marvel.
>>
>>64072034

It's like poetry!
>>
>>64071959
Language changes, particularly tv tropes tier jargon, stop being autistic about it
>>
>>64070002
>Strong in the force, but shit at fighting
>fights someone who is strong in the force and good at fighting
>>
>>64072034

You asked for an arc, you never said it had to be a fucking triumph. Seriously, man, a New Hope's arc for Luke was "Naive young boy becomes a hero."
>>
>>64072072
Sorry, but I don't except morons on the Internet being the driving force behind our language's evolution.
>>
>>64072072

>tvtropes did it, that means I can too!

Literal cancer.
>>
>>64071387
>novel implies it was because he's in love with her
Seriously?
>>
>Finn turns out to be the real hero
>Ren is just a tranny trying to be edgy
>Mary Sue is the new Han
>Mary Sue goes on adventures with Chewie
>Chewie and Mary Sue make bad ass half wookie half human babies
>Jar Jar reveals himself near the end of the 9th movie
>Luke reveals that he's actually Mickey Mouse
>Mickey Mouse and Jar Jar fight in and epic 20 minute lightsaber duel to the death
>Jar Jar wins
>Finn shows up and fights Jar Jar
>Finn defeats Jar Jar

That's exactly what is going to happen. You can either come to terms with it now or cry when it happens.
>>
>>64072120
I think it would be interesting if they challenged conventions though and did timeloops with a tweest using Rey in an Evangelion-esque plot, rather than just another rehash of the other trilogies.
>>
>>64072226
>Finn defeats JarJar
>JarJar is revealed to be J.J. Abrams
>DMCA defeats Finn
Thread replies: 108
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.