[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the best talk show host, and why is it Conan O'Brien?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: Conan-O-Brien2.jpg (3 MB, 2664x3265) Image search: [Google]
Conan-O-Brien2.jpg
3 MB, 2664x3265
Who is the best talk show host, and why is it Conan O'Brien?
>>
2bh family, it's Graham Norton
>>
lame jokes, dull interview skills, annoying as all fuck sidekick
>>
He works best with other comedy people especially stand ups
>>
>>64069693
>his competition is the likes of Kimmel and Fallon
>>
they're all terrible
>>
>>64069861
Graham Norton has the best format but he's such a queen.
I like Conan better because he has remote segments and Jordan Schlansky.
I think everyone can agree on Fallon being the absolute worst host.
>>
>>64070468
Fallon couldn't host a parasite
>>
File: 1418178032116.gif (568 KB, 160x170) Image search: [Google]
1418178032116.gif
568 KB, 160x170
>>64070324
>dull interview skills
>implying conan doesn't have the best long-format interviews in the business
>implying he isn't always the smartest man in the room even if he's talking to nobel laureates and historians
family member why do you do this in >current year?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2RpZBP_vyg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCxbCYHVZ7k
>>
>>64070468
Graham norton is a tolerable queen. I have to agree about conan god tier remotes but his interviews are less than great, Graham norton interviews are consistently good with the occasional miss
>>
>>64072458
I agree, Conan sometimes phones it in when interviewing celebrities but you come to understand why if you watch his Serious Jibber-Jabber interviews where he talks to people who actually contribute to society more than showing their ass in the latest flick.

I can't blame the guy.
>>
>>64072396

Conan peaked long ago friend. He comes across like he doesn't even care anymore. Like he just goes into autopilot. Even the Schlansky bits are getting stale
>>
Conan just needs to do a show that's 100% remote style.
>>
>>64069693
Craig Ferguson
>>
Conan is a 6/10 interviewer but his improvisation and humor is 10/10. No one, not even Letterman, can touch him in the remotes segments. However, his main weakness is that he is on cable and barely can bring in B-listers or has-beens. If he was able to bring in the top stars, he'd probably pull in Kimmel tier ratings. Once in a while he brings in an A-lister and makes a huge deal of it. His internet presence is pretty big, but falls behind Fallon and Kimmel while being ahead of everyone else. He's starting to overuse his gaming segments and Jordan Schlansky bits but his Armenia and Cuba remotes are literal 10/10 masterpieces that are criminally underrated.

Jimmy is a 3/10 interviewer but knows how to rile people up with viral videos and sketches. Gets a lot of views thanks to his ease of getting A-listers on thanks to TTS legacy. Knows how to manipulate the internet very well to bring in viewers and you can notice it with his videos literally being on the front page of YouTube 90% of the time.

Kimmel is a 6/10 interviewer who tried to be like Letterman but it kind of shows he's not a complete asshole like the man he admires and only pulls the asshole shtick for giggles. Has good segments and skits but does not reach Fallon tier. Has a lot of aces up his sleeve and rivals Fallons in the internet land.

Colbert is a 6.5/10 interviewer and is terribly unfunny. He never learned that America truly is a dumb nation wanting normie humor. The more he puts off this aura that he's smart, the more people will stop watching. It also doesn't help at all that he immediately alienates 50% of the potential viewers with his extremely obvious left bias. Letterman was a huge leftist too but he never made it a point and only threw jokes at right wing politicians later in his career instead of actually trying to convince people.

Of the current hosts, I like Conan the most since he's a genuinely funny guy. In all time, though, I like asshole Letterman the best.
>>
Guess which talk show host I am.

>Hahaha HAHAHA HAHA AAAAAAGH
>*clap*
>Hahah
>*clap*
>*clap*
>HAHAHAahah
>>
>>64072785
Fallon
>>
File: baked.webm (301 KB, 576x324) Image search: [Google]
baked.webm
301 KB, 576x324
Colbert. Nigger literally put his bacon in a pipe and smoked it : )
>>
1. Craig Ferguson 2. 90s letterman 3.90s Conan 4. Colbert 5. 00/10s Conan 6. 00/10s letterman 6. Kimmel 7.shit 8.the rest
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.