[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>avoid /tv/ since the release of TFA >watch it today >love
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11
>avoid /tv/ since the release of TFA
>watch it today
>love every part of it
>expect /tv/ to hate it because it has a black guy. it panders to fans of the original trilogy in a way that could be referenced on reddit, and it has a strong female main character.
>/tv/ hates it for all of those reasons
>expect /tv/ to post b8 like TFA being better than the prequels but both are shitty
>/tv/ does exactly that
lmao at least be a bit less predictable
>>
File: pokemon.jpg (49 KB, 454x340) Image search: [Google]
pokemon.jpg
49 KB, 454x340
>>
RIP OP's film taste
>>
File: surething.png (10 KB, 829x29) Image search: [Google]
surething.png
10 KB, 829x29
>>64068766
nice one m8

heres a reddit image for you before you respond with another
>>
It's true that /tv/ is full of faggots, but you are just as much of a faggot for making a thread about it like it's something new
>>
we actually like Finn so fuck you
>>
> faggotry in service of Disney

DIE
I
E
>>
>>64068740
>TFA was predictably nothing but memespouting/fanservice with Star Dreck style action scenes that don't move the plot forward
>criticize /tv/ for being predictable

Disney shills in full force tonight
>>
>>64068897
We actually hate Rey tbqh senpai
>>
>>64068967
>We
but I don't
I thought she was actually a good character, and will probably have some interesting character development in episode 8.
>>
>>64068940
>memes
like?
>>
File: 1445749639147.gif (658 KB, 280x212) Image search: [Google]
1445749639147.gif
658 KB, 280x212
>>64068740

almost nobody here dislikes the nigger character as far as I've noticed... probably because (aside from the fact that his stated motivation for turning traitor didn't quite fit with his actions thereafter) Finn is a great character, probably the best character in this kinda mediocre movie.

was it a bad movie, like the prequels? nah... honestly the movie was quite fun to watch in a theatre with friends, unlike the Prequels.

BUT - was it something that makes you go "Damn, now that's a good movie" and a timeless classic, like A New Hope and Empire Strikes Back (and parts of Jedi)? also nah.

it was serviceable and fun but also very, very stupid Marvel/Transformers style content at most points, in terms of both writing/plotting and directing. Carrie Fisher's inclusion was totally ill-advised.

It's a shame because, up until the main characters board the Millennium Falcon and the rehash train gets started, the film is honestly pretty fantastic, presenting us with lots of beautifully executed concepts and images that have never been explored in Star Wars films before (the shadow of the Star Destroyer after the title crawl, scavenging the immense derelict Star Destroyer, an inside view of an Imperial orbital drop strike, a turncoat Stormtrooper, Rey's introspective and lonely life as an orphaned scavenger.)

but then it's like the script just takes all of its stupid pills all at once and the Falcon shows up and two seconds later Han shows up and two seconds later we're running away from CGI tentacle monsters and the film just never regains it's footing, getting mired deeper and deeper in the old characters and scenarios.

At least Hamill looked cool with a beard.
>>
>>64069438
To be fair, I feel like this was the movie where Disney/Abrams went "all right, lets get all the cameos and references out of the way before 8 and 9" instead of sprinkling them in throughout the entire trilogy and letting it stand as its own.
>>
So you weren't spoiled?
What was it like watching it unspoiled?
>>
>he unironically like Guardians of Galaxy: The Force Awakens Into Darkness
>>
>>64069594
>Guardians of Galaxy
GoG was a fucking amazing movie and made me think that this is what the prequels should have been like
>>
>>64069823
Retarded or subtle bait
>>
>>64068996
same. i'm guessing people are buttmad because she's female and the main character but i thought she was alright desu
>>
>>64069438

I like you
>>
>>64069930
basically, yeah. she was a female role that was good at things. It was explained why she was good at most of the things she was good at.
it would be like people saying Bruce Lee was a mary sue or gary stu or whatever the fuck you want to call it because he was fucking amazing at everything.
>>
>>64069823
>this is what redditors actually believe
haha holy fuck
>>
File: 1450329429585.jpg (112 KB, 1280x719) Image search: [Google]
1450329429585.jpg
112 KB, 1280x719
>>64068967
>we
>>
>>64070055
>it would be like people saying Bruce Lee was a mary sue or gary stu or whatever the fuck you want to call it because he was fucking amazing at everything.
Bruce Lee trained for fucking ever
>>
>>64068918

S H I ~ N E
H
I
~
N
E

死 ぬ
>>
>>64068740
CUck
>>
>>64070168
>Bruce Lee trained for fucking ever
yes. that was my point.
>>
>>64068740
Yeah I loved it too, saw it 3 times
>>
Which /tv/ are you browsing senpai?

I haven't seen anyone hating Finn since his release, it's mostly praise. Tons of people hate Rey, not cause she's a strong female main character but because she's fucking perfect at everything with no reasons given.

Also I think /tv/ is being contrarian but people have been saying the prequels are better.

I don't disagree
>>
>>64069438
>It's a shame because, up until the main characters board the Millennium Falcon and the rehash train gets started, the film is honestly pretty fantastic, presenting us with lots of beautifully executed concepts and images that have never been explored in Star Wars films before (the shadow of the Star Destroyer after the title crawl, scavenging the immense derelict Star Destroyer, an inside view of an Imperial orbital drop strike, a turncoat Stormtrooper, Rey's introspective and lonely life as an orphaned scavenger.)

I'd say the movie was great until Han showed up.

The Falcon's dogfight in the Empire ruins was pretty great. The rustic ships set the time frame and the setting up nicely, and despite what people say - Rey was a pretty frantic, shitty pilot. Finn was just going along with it.
>>
>>64068740
I liked Kylo and Finn, think they're pretty good characters.

Hated Rey though, xe's a mary su donut steel tier trash.
>>
>>64069555
I could tell that Han was going to die from like a mile away so it wasn't that bad. Kylo being his son also wasn't that big of a surprise.

Honestly the biggest surprise to me was just Rey beating Kylo. I think that should've been the spoiler everyone should pass around.
>>
>>64069438
pretty much this, yeah
>>
>>64069823
Hello reddit
>>
>>64070966
the other anon already said this, you were far too late with your memes
>>
>>64070982
>facts are memes
sup reddit-kun
>>
Quite honestly, this is Reddit the thread
>>
File: Redditv4chan.jpg (2 MB, 1974x1741) Image search: [Google]
Redditv4chan.jpg
2 MB, 1974x1741
>>64071034
t h i s
>>
>>64068897

>tv
>liking black guy

Now I know that's bullshit.
>>
>>64069438
>inside view of an Imperial orbital drop strike

when was this?
>>
>>64071066
/tv/ likes Wesley Snipes and the guy from Black Dynamite.
>>
>>64071178
and Idris Elba
>>
File: 1450662396402.webm (1 MB, 720x304) Image search: [Google]
1450662396402.webm
1 MB, 720x304
>>64071172

very first scene, webm related. I think it looked pretty cool and in retrospect it set a tone that was much more intense and serious than the rest of the film
>>
>>64068897
You didn't a few months ago when you were saying there was no way he'd be likable and it was just Disney being scared of the SJW
>>
>>64070757
>The Falcon's dogfight in the Empire ruins was pretty great.

anon you were responding to, here.

I actually thought the Falcon escape was just way too JJ Abrams for my taste... I know that sounds like a cop-out remark to make but, bear with me.

my complaints stem entirely from the virtual "camera work", cinematography, and direction of the sequence

check out the webm I've posted for instance... why does the camera have to shake to the left and right during this not particularly eventful establishing shot of the Falcon turning around to face its pursuers?

why does the fucking "camera" end up being upside down as though it was being held by a man who literally bent over backwards to keep the Falcon in the frame?

problems such as these only compound and become more egregious with each passing dogfight in the film (there are 3 of them... pretty sure that's a new record unless you count the Falcon running away throughout most of Empire.) tons of shaky cam and purposefully skimpy establishing shots to disguise the somewhat shallow and repetitive nature of the interactions of the combatants

the chase through the crashed Destroyer brought a smile to my face, though, as did the recreated targeting computer things from New Hope.
>>
>>64069438

> It's a shame because, up until the main characters board the Millennium Falcon and the rehash train gets started, the film is honestly pretty fantastic

I first started having concerns when Hux and Ren started talking about "Snoke." That name doesn't sound right and we have never heard of him before. But yeah, finding the Millennium Falcon out of nowhere five minutes later is where things really got poetic and the movie went downhill into a senseless rehash.
>>
>>64068740
/tv/ kinda liked it for the first few days, then they realised that it's popular and you're supposed to hate popular stuff

now we get the prequel memes which are the most retarded of all memes
>>
A Glib
>>
>>64068740
it's /tv/ what do you expect anon
>>
>>64072575
You might have that backwards. Also, don't fall for prequelbait.
>>
>>64072575
>Pulling assesments out your ass: the post
>>
>>64068897
Finn is shit.
>>
>>64069823
ignore the autists im with you anon
>>
>>64068897
>We
We as in Reddit? Hello reddit!
>>
>/tv/ has to justify their constant contrarian position in order to differentiate themselves from 'reddit' and other aspects of mainstream
>/tv/ insecure about 'being mainstream'
>yfw tv is kylo ren and are afraid they'll never be as good as he thinks vader was
>yfw /tv/ hates TFA because of a collective inferiority complex
>>
File: 1432345143181.jpg (400 KB, 1077x1500) Image search: [Google]
1432345143181.jpg
400 KB, 1077x1500
>>64073011
>yfw Disney shills can only defend the capeshit of SW by using the word contrarian over and over again
>>
>>64073042
>mfw predictably insecure about being able to be pigeonholed under "contrarian"
>>
>>64073076
Case in point.
>>
File: Times change.webm (2 MB, 1680x730) Image search: [Google]
Times change.webm
2 MB, 1680x730
Can't wait for the Disney Shills to take a break after the flick is out of cinema
>>
>>64073105
Likewise.
>>
>>64073076
Good job proving his point
>>
>>64073129
cant wait for the prequels manchildren to take a break tbqh senpai, they're the ones in overdrive
>>
>>64073311
As long as he was proving mine, I dont' care.
>>
>>64070215
How much training did Rey have in the force?
>>
>>64073580
None at all. But her usage of the force was a single instance of a mind trick, attempted 3 times, basically meaning she was fumbling around trying to do it period. And the kylo thing was again just fumbling around. and kylo was totally careless and arrogant anyway. The realization that she had any power at all was when she realized she was able to resist kylo's attempts to pull information out of her mind.
>>
>>64073129
>flick
its a film
>>
File: 1450987773327.jpg (234 KB, 1072x736) Image search: [Google]
1450987773327.jpg
234 KB, 1072x736
>>64075517
>Flick made solely to sell toys
>"film"
>>
>>64075558
>judging a movie based on something other than the movie
I don't like this meme one bit
>>
>>64075799
Okay then, it was a glib facsimile
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.