[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What was the point of Mike in Fargo?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_lj4c6haMud1qhx8axo1_500.jpg (51 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_lj4c6haMud1qhx8axo1_500.jpg
51 KB, 500x400
What was the point of Mike in Fargo?
>>
google it you retard, the movie isn't new
>>
>>64068069
To make fun of Asian men for being unable to attract white women, while white men pillage droves of Asian women.
>>
The best explanation I ever heard is that finding out Yanagita told her a whole long fake story made her doubt Jerry Lundegaard.

It's really tenuous, and it doesn't make sense to me, but it is the best explanation I've heard.
>>
>>64068115
This. He's basically a reminder to Asian men that no matter how successful they are or how well they dress they will always be beta cucks unable to pull even 5/10 White women
>>
LITTLE
>>
YELLOW
>>
PECKERS
>>
>>64068069
BECAUSE WHATS A CHINAMAN DOING IN FUCKING FARGO OR WHEREVER THE FUCK, WITH THE FULL COMICAL MIDWEST ACCENT

ITS A LE QUIRKY OUT OF PLACE CHARACTER THAT THE COENS LIKE TO PEPPER ALL OVER THEIR MOVIES
>>
YOU
>>
>>64068336
you're an out of place character in your parents' basement
>>
>>64068359
WHAT IF I TOLD YOU I'M ON THE 18TH FLOOR
>>
>>64068199
Weird how attitudes stereotypes change over time - in the early 1900s Asian men like Sessue Hayakawa were typecast as exotic lovers stealing the white women away
>>
>>64068190

This. It's really not that complicated.
>>
>>64068069
to show us that Frances' character is A SUPER LADY
>>
>>64068336
Why are you shouting?
>>
>>64069460
Let it all out. These are the things I can do without. Come on, I'm talking to you, come on.
>>
It's a neo political statement. In the 80s (when the Japanese were predicted to take over as the next largest GDP) they didn't because of the incredibly low birthing rate (currently lower than the death rate). The character is literally the sexual defeated Japanese male, he is unable woo any woman to father children, and therfore Japan will remain a non threat. Most importantly, Marge THOUGHT he was married, but it was all a lie, just like the expectation of Japanese world dominance that never happened.

In A Serious Man they possibly communicated a similar message about war with Vietnam through the asian character Clive, the "culture clash" scenes.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.