[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Leaked Script vs. Final Cit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
Was the original ending from the leaked script better?

In the original ending there's a lot more double speak and game playing in the last act.

Instead of threatening to pour coffee down Daisy's throat, the Major plays Russian roulette with Daisy until round 3 when Joe gives himself up.

Unlike in the final cut where things kick off immediately after that, Oswaldo and Bob (who is a Frenchman not a Mexican) work together to temporarily throw Joe Gage under the bus.

Upon getting in the same "kill formation" as they did before when they killed Minnie and Sweet Dave, Chris attempts to force Joe to take a sip of the poisoned coffee. Daisy and Joe (who are believed to be the only members of the gang in the room) try and reason with Chris and the Major, but both men are resolved that they're willing to die to see Daisy hang. This forces Oswaldo and Bob to draw.

In order:

Chris shoots Oswaldo in the stomach.
Major shoots Bob dead.
Joe shoots both Chris and Major in the back.
Chris and Major both kill Joe.
Jody reveals himself from the basement and shoots Major again.
Chris kills Jody after exchanging fire.
Daisy kills Major with Oswaldo's gun.
Chris kills Daisy with a blast that opens the door of the shack.
Chris wraps himself in a blanket and dies on the bed as Oswaldo bleeds to death on the ground screaming.

I think this ends too quickly. For a 3 hour buildup I think you need more time to decompress than this sudden ending.
>>
>>64067987
Quentin Tarantino is a cuck
>>
>>64068034
He probably is.

But he makes good films.
>>
>>64067987
Yeah the movie's ending is better.
>>
>>64067987
So the original ending was that everybody gets shot and dies? wtf is the point
>>
>>64068209
>>64068245
I feel like it was just Reservoir Dogs all over again
>>
File: 1358190534923.jpg (34 KB, 550x306) Image search: [Google]
1358190534923.jpg
34 KB, 550x306
>>64068154
>good films
>filmS
but he's only made one film
>>
>>64068440
Jackie Brown?
>>
I feel bad for you that you wrote all this out, OP. On account of it doesn't matter.
>>
>>64067987
The ending in the movie was better. that other scene is too much like Reservoir Dogs
>>
>>64068549

It wasn't that hard. I just finished reading it.
>>
>>64067987
Can i just say that i disliked the inclusion of Jody?
>>
>>64068693
I do as well.

Ruins the mystery.
>>
>>64068693
It would have been better if it was one of the other guys who had a motive, but the brain chunks on Jennifer Jason Leigh's face and in her hair were priceless.
>>
>>64067987
this would be helpful if I knew what any of their fucking names were other than Daisy and Jody

>no I will not watch it again
>>
>>64069219
I didn't hate Jody's inclusion, but it makes it less of a game if you cheat.
>>
I find it strange that the entire final scene was so different considering in the movie it brings the entire story and its themes together.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.