[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder that before Reddit Letter Media made his reviews: >A
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 19
File: 1450903004623.jpg (58 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1450903004623.jpg
58 KB, 1280x720
Reminder that before Reddit Letter Media made his reviews:
>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them.
>Nobody said "Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul lacked passion and emotion"
>Nobody said Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan should be combined into Obi-Wan
>Nobody complained about the cinematography in RotS. Not. A. Single. One.
>Nobody called Jar Jar a "cartoon rabbit"
>Nobody said the Neimodians should've just poisoned the tea they served the Jedi (ignoring the fact that they receive dthe order to kill them AFTER they served the sea)
>Nobody complained about Anakin calling a lightsaber a "laser sword" (this was clearly to show that Anakin is a curious young boy, and is obviously unfamiliar with Jedi culture)
>Nobody cared about those prequel documentaries and took quotes from them out of context, even though they had been out on DVD for 8 years already
etc.
>>
>>64066752
That hand looked like a Bane mask from the thumbnail.
>>
Underage spotted. Everyone from Simon Pegg to Ewen McGregor were saying how shit they were for years. It wasn't some minority view.
>>
>>64066752
>Nobody said the Neimodians should've just poisoned the tea they served the Jedi (ignoring the fact that they receive dthe order to kill them AFTER they served the tea)

>leaving out the rest of the critique
so go back and offer them seconds? you can't mind read a droid with the force.
or like the plinkett review said use colorless/odorless gas, and leave the fucking blast door shut and keep pumping in gas.
>>
>>64066786
i thought it was dsp for a second lol
>>
Fuck off kid those movies were universally hated when they came out
>>
File: sandSAND.webm (3 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
sandSAND.webm
3 MB, 640x360
no one liked the prequels
I'm not going to list the reasons
>>
>>64066843
That scene in spaced where he's screaming at a kid for trying to buy a jar jar doll was classic. The South Park ripping on him was pretty great too.
>>
/tv/ has officially jumped the shark

bye
>>
>>64066752
If you were disappointed by the prequels you eventually came to hate them. We were resentful over the lost potential.
>>
So you're saying Mike had original opinions that people agreed with so much, they became commonplace?
>>
>>64066752
Nope pretty much immediately after TPM was released you had people voicing their contempt. It's a bit of a meme these days to hate it but it still stands that they failed to deliver for most fans of the original trilogy.
>>
>>64066752
>Obi Wan vs Darth maul lacked passion

Who the fuck says this?
>>
File: 1424570550676.jpg (31 KB, 376x471) Image search: [Google]
1424570550676.jpg
31 KB, 376x471
>>64066752
>mfw not a single RLM cuck drone has EVER successfully refuted this reminder
>>
why does Mike wear "the finger"?
>>
File: mfw Bobbeh.jpg (151 KB, 1004x765) Image search: [Google]
mfw Bobbeh.jpg
151 KB, 1004x765
>>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them.

Know how I know you're 16?
>>
>>64067048
This

RLM is just riding the 4chan bandwagon

>RLM posters are worse than tripcode users and should be permabanned

Get what you deserve literal culture vulture scum
>>
>>64066752
Nobody here can disagree with this.
You must admit you all have been played and have been parroting an opinion... An opinion you don't even agree with but went along with because it was fashionable yet you have not let go
>>
I remember being a kid when Episode 1 came out and hearing my parents talk about how god awful it was. Everyone I knew including myself thought they were trash long before I had even heard of RLM. They did a good job at putting all of the issues into words. Do they nit-pick? Absolutely. That doesn't mean they are wrong on everything though.
>>
I didn't hate the prequels when they came out but I sure as fuck remember being disappointed.
>>
>>64066752
It's that weird that when someone makes a valid point you can change your opinion?

>Some one says something that makes sense
>People agree
>"Hey remember the time before that guy made sense? You guys had different opinions then"
>>
Almost everyone hated them because they were loud annoying and soulless abominations made to sell toys.
Even Lucas knew how bad they were because there is almost zero of Jar Jar, his key character, in 2 or 3.
>>
>>64067648
>culture vultures

Lmao so fucking true

Someone should just post that in every RLM thread and body these fucking parasites
>>
>>64067498
see>>64066852
that scene was incredibly stupid.
>open the doors, they surely must be dead by now.
>>
>>64066752

Underage child detected.

Nobody liked the prequels apart from insufferable shits like you
>>
>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them.

How fucking new are you you dumb piece of shit? Holy shit just google it, you'll find angry posts and websites from 2001. Even popular tv shows like How I Met Your Mother made fun of the trilogy and that was a decade ago.
>>
>>64067707

Really, the nitpicking doesn't matter, and it's said as much in the reviews. It's just for fun.

What matters are the fundamental problems.

>weak characterization
>overuse of CGI
>misguided premise, too much focus on Anakin and getting Anakin into the suit
>poor direction
>action has no stakes (99% of the time) and is way overdone
etc

The big problems which take the viewer out of the movies and make them harder to digest.

The Nemodians being bad at poisoning Jedi doesn't matter, plot holes can be forgiven if the film still has the fundamentals. But the prequels don't. There's no reason to give a shit about what's going on, so all you can do is focus on the little details and realize how bad the writing is.
>>
The only film I've seen in the series is the attack of the clones or whatever, which came out when I was like 8 or 9. I don't even remember what happens in that movie.

But I can tell you my older sister left the theatre pissed off.

Countless shows have mocked the parodies for their inconsistencies and shit, all of which I've only been exposed to through pop culture references in other shows and offhand comments by industry leaders.

As far as I know, disliking the prequels has been around long before rlm became popular.
>>
>>64068125
This. If anything, the first Plinkett review seemed like it was going to beating a dead horse until it brought all the shit from the prequels into clear focus. If anything, it allowed me to start loving the original trilogy again.
>>
>>64066752
RLM was way too kind to force awakens. I mean, they mock the poetry in the prequels, why do they forgive it in the sequels?
>>
>>64066752
>People are actually defending the prequels either ironically or not
And you people wonder why this board is shit.
>>
So we're just rewritting history now? Okay, cool. The prequel trilogy was great, loved by all, and not so universally reviled that it sent star wars fans into a shame spiral they are only now escaping from.
>>
>>64066752
>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them
Wrong, cockface.
http://peoplevsgeorge.com/

This honestly has to be the worst way of defending those prequel pieces of shit, by attacking their detractors.
Can't come up with any valid points about that nuclear waste of a trilogy? Attack its reviewers!
Fucking shitposters and their mental diarrhea.
>>
>>64068019
>>64068232
>>64068125
It's so fucking easy to nitpick the OT, especially ep4 and ep6, to fucking death.

A lot of the nitpcking RLM does is flawed and easily disproven if you just watch the reviews with a critical eye (towards RLM, not in agreement).
>>
>>64068281
It's not poetry now, it's a "soft reboot" :-)
>>
>>64068281
Half in the bag is simply post-viewing thoughts. It's not an analsys, except maybe a few ie jack and Jill. Maybe they will nitpick tfa further down the line, but to be honest i get the impression they're tired of being the star wars hater group.
>>
I was 10 when RotS came out. Everybody at my school, everybody at scouts and my family hated TPM and ATOC. If you think some reviews with about 6 million unique viewers (the highest view figure) changed the entire worlds opinion you are deluded. My friends and brother, whohate the prequels for being boring and stupid, have never seen the RLM reviews.
>>
>>64070097

Could you actually read my post before replying to it? I LITERALLY said the nitpicks don't matter, and Plinkett says as much himself. What matters are the core elements of the movies. The prequels are fundamentally flawed in a way that the original movies are not.
>>
>>64066752

>but few outright hated them

ITT revisionist history.
>>
File: Miia Smile.png (105 KB, 263x201) Image search: [Google]
Miia Smile.png
105 KB, 263x201
>a moderately popular video on the internet took a highly uncommon opinion and made it the majority-view within a year, and everyone just forgot that that happened

Yeah, no.
>>
>>64066752
Correction: Twelve year olds and manchildren liked them. AKA: people with shit taste.

>Nobody said "Obi Wan vs. Darth Maul lacked passion and emotion"
Nah, they just said it looked like a dance recital for fine young lads with glow sticks.

Oh? Then what the fuck are these?
http://www.needcoffee.com/2005/05/23/star-wars-3-movie-review/
http://www.nickschager.com/nsfp/2005/05/star_wars_episo.html

You're right. Everyone called him a fucking retard that ruined the movie. Or at least was so fucking irritating that his cartoon antics raped our immersion.

>Nobody said the Neimodians should've just poisoned the tea they served the Jedi (ignoring the fact that they receive dthe order to kill them AFTER they served the sea)
True. Except that they could have just waited until the Jedi got on their ship, and then shot it. It's not like Plinkett suggested THAT... oh, wait. He did.

>Nobody complained about Anakin calling a lightsaber a "laser sword" (this was clearly to show that Anakin is a curious young boy, and is obviously unfamiliar with Jedi culture)
There shouldn't have been a fucking child in the movie to begin with!

>Nobody cared about those prequel documentaries and took quotes from them out of context, even though they had been out on DVD for 8 years already
Might be true. People still hated the movies, though. Crawl back to your hole, faggot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yzTSuOkZeE

I think this piece of shit is more your style, fucknut.
>>
>>64066752
Dude, you should change your picture to show finger towards Mike, not the reader of your pasta.
>>
Let's be honest, The Phantom Menace is ten times better than TFA, prequels are massively underrated because of quirky redditors "le prequels are bad mmmkay epic maymay", Lucas is a fantastic director and a real human being, try to watch Red Tails if you want to see a good war movie. Hating on Lucas or prequels is literally reddit-tier
>>
>>64070567
>a highly uncommon opinion
>>
>>64070747

Sad part is that your post (with a couple alterations) is unironically posted constantly on /tv/ now.
>>
>>64066752
Go home saganfan1983
>>
File: 139837033058.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
139837033058.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>64066752
Hack fraud, I'm First Order.
>>
>>64070683
>Correction: Twelve year olds and manchildren liked them.

Manchildren are the chief critics of the prequels also.
>>
File: It is YOU who are mistaken.jpg (66 KB, 1015x676) Image search: [Google]
It is YOU who are mistaken.jpg
66 KB, 1015x676
>>64070834
Nah, Mike and Jay have sense of humor and are dating women. Unlike you, Sagan. You weaselly voiced fuck.
>>
>>64067648
>RLM is just riding the 4chan bandwagon

>implying they come to a shit place like this.
Niqqa plz
>>
>>64066752
>>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them, and like I said, A LOT of people were willing to say they liked them, or even defend them.
Plenty of people did
>>Nobody called Jar Jar a "cartoon rabbit"
No but everyone hated him
>>
>>64066752
I remember on an episode of House where a guy came out of a coma and House told him how disappointing the Star Wars prequels were and I couldn't understand what he meant until I saw the Red Letter Media videos.
>>
>>64070747
>Let's be honest, The Phantom Menace is ten times better than TFA
Not as a film, and definitely not as a Star Wars movie. How did you become such a retarded fuck, anon? Seriously. You don't function in terms of reality, you function in terms of tertiary agendas and weasel shit.
>>
>>64070683

m8 you go to see star wars as an adult for your own entertainment and not just for the sake of your kids then you ARE a manchild. You're an even bigger manchild for getting so angry at a movie that Lucas admits has always been meant for children.
>>
File: 1340655401067.jpg (139 KB, 579x527) Image search: [Google]
1340655401067.jpg
139 KB, 579x527
>>64071761
>>
>>64071761

pretty sure it's b8 m8, the Red Tails bit gives it away
>>
File: luke searches his feels.jpg (946 KB, 1088x816) Image search: [Google]
luke searches his feels.jpg
946 KB, 1088x816
>>64066752
I was told by media and other fans that any new Star Wars was good, that George nailed it.
I was in denial, I thought it was impossible. I thought it wasn't true.
They made me search my feelings and find what I knew to be true.
>>
>>64071761
not him but TPM is much more immersive than TFA, its world building is leagues ahead of JJ hackams, the plot is simple but interesting, the villain is great, Qi Gon was a perfect cast and a good character etc.
>>
Prequel babbies go home
>>
>>64071837

If the prequels are meant for children then why are there so many boring political scenes? And cringeworthy teen romance? And all that mass murder and violence in Revenge of the Sith? If I was a parent I wouldn't show my child the prequels, they're not fun adventure movies, they're just poorly made schlock.

Also I hate when people defend poor quality with "IT'S FOR KIDS", kids deserve quality and they can appreciate it too. Using the "it's for kids" excuse is just laziness.
>>
File: 1440561636060668.gif (156 KB, 120x140) Image search: [Google]
1440561636060668.gif
156 KB, 120x140
>>64071925
>>
>>64066752

>

Underage b& faggot liar please go.

I've never seen an angrier, more upset audience when I left the theater or a more vitirolic reaction online in my life. People fucking LOATHED it. At best you had people defending it saying that maybe kids might like it.
>>
>>64071955
not even memeng m8, TPM has its problems of course but it's the best of the prequel trilogy
>>
>>64071925
>just look at this world building.
Go fuck yourself.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXaDtAtpLPs
>>
>>64071925
>immersive
>people talking in front of green screens the whole movie
>>
>>64071992

Literally hours after the first showings the "George Lucas Raped My Childhood" meme was born and cemented.
>>
>>64071925
>immersive
>>>/v/
Stay there.
>>
>>64066752
Go to bed, Colo Claw Fish
>>
>>64072088

Can someone explain who that faggot is? I don't feel like watching his longass video.
>>
>>64072106
>lol who even is this loser XD
Prequels still suck dick, though.
>>
Are you really implying a nobody ragtag group of YouTube video makers changed the minds and opinions of one of the largest fanbases since Christianity

I mean, really
>>
File: 1450944845233.jpg (45 KB, 600x519) Image search: [Google]
1450944845233.jpg
45 KB, 600x519
>>64071997
don't see the problem with that senpai it's just a shitty comic relief moment, mark my words you're gonna miss fart jokes when Poe becomes an Iron Man-tier joke machine in the next movie

>>64072049
yeah I prefer physical effects as well but TPM isn't as bad as the other to episodes in that regard
>>
>>64072144

No I literally want to know. I expect that the hour+ long video is just an unfunny drawn out line-by-line "criticism" of the Plinkett reviews, I'd prefer a quick summary.
>>
File: Kressh.jpg (110 KB, 367x495) Image search: [Google]
Kressh.jpg
110 KB, 367x495
>>64071953
Wow. I completely missed this point. Remember when "kid's movies" could have violent assassinations, murder, and violence in them? I miss that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV2DLkDPwM8
This? This right here? This was made back in the days when movies could be made to be entirely enjoyable for both kids AND adults, and treated both with decent respect, instead of like toddlers that needed to be insulated from violence and death with goofy shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdMzeZOZ48Y
Unlike this crap. SCUSE ME!
>>
>>64067852

You guys are idiots.

Most acutely toxic gases will work in seconds and even trying to hold your breath is ineffective most of the time. They were jedi, so they had better self-control than most people do.

The droids waited long enough that they would have been dead had they not been jedi.
>>
File: pQjgUNX.jpg (224 KB, 1274x960) Image search: [Google]
pQjgUNX.jpg
224 KB, 1274x960
>>64072197
This is all you need
>>
>>64072197
You just summarized it. It was also pointed out in the comments, that that faggot also did "reviews" of AOTC and ROTS, but he took those down because he's a pussy who blocks people for making fun of him or his precious prequels.
>>
>>64072240
God Haydn is shit
>>
>>64072240
fascism isn't so bad
>>
>>64072208

Thing is the Star Wars movies (at least the OT) aren't "kid's movies", they're space adventure movies with mass appeal. If they were only for children they wouldn't be so popular, they wouldn't be cultural icons. Fucking Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is for children, not Star Wars. Lucas just uses the "it's for kids" excuse to justify his shitty writing.
>>
>>64066843
Do people still give a shit about simon pegg after his massive fail attempt at damage control?
>>
>>64072328
This. Thats why all the characters in the OT are adults. He tried to make little kids movies with the ewok spinoff movies and episode 1, then said fuck it and went PG13 with revenge of the sith.
>>
I pity the sad existence of people who devoted so much time over the past decade to trying to defend the prequels.
>>
STOCKHOLM SYNDROME
>>
File: Pinhead feels.jpg (104 KB, 666x636) Image search: [Google]
Pinhead feels.jpg
104 KB, 666x636
>>64072328
>Fucking Mickey Mouse Clubhouse is for children, not Star Wars. Lucas just uses the "it's for kids" excuse to justify his shitty writing.
Huh, good point.
>>
File: return.gif (2 MB, 500x442) Image search: [Google]
return.gif
2 MB, 500x442
Im tired. Ive grown so very apathetic about this whole franchise. And right when it was about to start fading from its lofty, pop culture, king of the mountain perch Lucas had to sell it to Disney. Start it all over agian; essentially remake Episode IV. Fuck you George Lucas, sosick of finding rational ways to criticize you. Just go fuck yourself
>>
File: considerthefollowing.jpg (48 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
considerthefollowing.jpg
48 KB, 600x600
>>64066752

Dear Redditor,

1. there were Jar Jar Binks hate sites and prequel-nitpicking lists on the Internet for ten years before Plinkett came along

http://freaky_freya.tripod.com/diejarjar.html

http://www.chefelf.com/starwars/ep1.php

2. the point of the Plinkett reviews is that the prequels aren't undone by JJB or plot holes, but by large story-outline scale problems as well as lazy film making.

Also, The Star Wars Prequels would have been seen more favourably if Lucas wasn't ruining the Original Trilogy.

Why do you think that Lucas gets shit on more than Coppola for Godfather 3 and Romero for Land of the Dead? That's because Coppola and Romero were not trying to ruin the legacy of their previous films in the favour of their newer films. Romero did not add 300 CGI zombies into Dawn of the Dead, and Coppola did not add Al Pacino shooting first.

So yeah, you're wrong and should go back to /r/starwars
>>
File: lenny.gif (1 MB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
lenny.gif
1 MB, 300x225
>>64072509
>Why do you think that Lucas gets shit on more than Coppola for Godfather 3 and Romero for Land of the Dead? That's because Coppola and Romero were not trying to ruin the legacy of their previous films in the favour of their newer films. Romero did not add 300 CGI zombies into Dawn of the Dead, and Coppola did not add Al Pacino shooting first
Great points
>>
>>64072328
U wot m8 star wars are children films. Hes explicit said this. I can find the quote but george said.
"i created star wars because kids at that time didnt have a any fantastical movies to look up to that had adult tones"

Not to mention he didnt kill Han Solo coz
"Dead han solo would make a bad toy"
>>
>>64066752
So this isn't my main board or anything, but what did I miss for Red Letter Media to become "reddit" now?
Wasn't there a fucking sticky that lasted almost a day when RLM's review of the 3rd prequel movie finally came out?
>>
I was 10 when I went to see the Phantom Menace. At that point of time I had seen all of the OT multiple times on VHS. I wasn't a super huge fan or anything, but I liked the movies. It was on the same level as Back to the Future or The Princess Bride. Movies I really enjoyed, but not exactly something I went crazy over.

I found the Phantom Menace to be boring mostly, but enjoyed the pod race and the fight with Darth Maul. I never understood people's obsession with the character though. He doesn't say anything. He looked cool though.

I'm 13 when Attack of the Clones comes out. I didn't really understand a lot of what was going on, but I found the movie far more interesting than the first one. Dooku was pretty boring as a villain, but the bond between Obi-wan and Anakin made the movie awesome for me.

Again I didn't really care. It wasn't until I was 16 going to see Revenge of the Sith. There was just so much hype. All these cartoons and books being shoved into my face. Where did Anakin get this scar? Who is General Grievous? All this characterization for all the other Jedi Masters.

So yeah when the third movie came out I actually considered myself an actual Star Wars fan. And yeah that movie was freaking perfect. Anakin's descent into the dark side, the fights across the galaxy, Palpatine pulling the strings for literally everything, the Jedis all blind to the obvious truth, Obi-wan's fight against Grievous, Anakin betraying Mace Windu and killing the children (that hit me so hard), the final fight between Obi-wan and Vader (the +2 agility for high ground was stupid but the rest was cool), and Vader's realization that he destroyed everything he ever loved in his attempt to protect it.

After that movie it was all over. I rewatched all of them again and again 1-6. I read every book I could find. Played the hell out of Battle Front 2.

I just love Vader and Palpatine's characters so much. The fallen paladin and the master puppeteer. Everything just connected so well.
>>
mike was hired by the jews to produce anti-lucas propaganda as revenge for watto and you nerds ate it right up.
>>
>>64066752
You have literally spammed this post in every star wars thread using the same image every time because you're a whiny fucking baby. Just shut the fuck up already jesus christ.
>>
>>64072346
I decided to become an actor because of Simon Pegg.
>>
>>64066752

>A lot of people liked the prequels. Many were disappointed, but few outright hated them

Underage.
>>
>>64072838

>U wot m8 star wars are children films.

Oh yeah, kids love tax disputes and senate meetings. George totally created Star Wars for kids and not a wide audience.
>>
>>64074601
Thats ya know for the adults that take the kids and the children of the OT who have grown up ya dicck cheese.

>Jar jar
>pod racing
>double light saber
>naboo and space battles

not for kids ye orite m9
>>
>>64074439
I'm sorry to hear that anon
>>
>>64072317
only time it's good is when led by Kaiser Reinhard
>>
>>64066852

Haven't you played KOTOR 2? Jedi can use the force to hold their breath for an infinite ammount of time
>>
>>64066752
I wrote a review about Revenge right when it was released and gave it 7/10. Not to say I'm the smartest critic on earth but it seemed to correspond with what a lot of people were saying about it.
>>
>the Neimodians should've just poisoned the tea they served the Jedi

what a fucking retard, you can't poison a jedi
>>
>>64072505
That was clearly a Force kick.
>>
>>64066752

A lot of people hated and disliked them but in some cases didn't quite know why or could explain why to friends. The RLM reviews serve as an easy way for them to go i don't like this and just parrot what he says.

People fucking loathed Jar Jar and called him a fuck load of things.

I remember Rots the least since i have seen it the least but the prequels do suffer from shitty cinematography because of how fuck loads of shots called for people to just stand centre of frame and talk because they didn't know what shit would be thrown in the environment around them in post.
>>
>>64071218
mike was literally baneposting in a couple of videos
>>
>>64070311
my sides!
muh six gorrilion! unique users
>>
>>64066852
>let's kill the protagonists of this movie, why didn't they do that?
Some of the dumbest critique there is
>why didn't the nazghul fuck up all of the hobbitd and aragorn right at the start of fellowship?
>What a shitty movie
Sure pal
>>
Even zombie simpson made fun of the prequels and they are always slow on the take, can't remember which season, but I'm pretty sure it eas before those shitty plinkett reviews were made
>>
>>64066936
IT GETS EVERYWHERE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>64067048
Yeah. At least reddit has still some quality discussion. Let's go back there!
>>
>>64074439
That's why you are a failure.
>>
>>64076785
Isn't that force power about purifying the air around you of toxins?
I think I remember that power just selectively pushing back toxic gas, while letting the rest of the air approach you.
In which case:
>Take a battle droid
>Fly it outside the huge window
>Have it look inside (I'm assuming they had no cameras, because they didn't check them
>If there's any sign that they are alive and fuck, they are jedi, just do it anyway:
>Blow out the fucking windo
Let's see those Jedi bastards hold their breath in space.
>>
>>64067676
If you say this enough it'll come true!

Fuck off millennial
>>
>I never encountered x
>x doesn't exist
Pick one.
>>
>>64066752
Reminder that you're a fucking idiot that is making revisionist history.
>>
>>64066752
[citation needed]
>>
Even zombie simpson made fun of the prequels and they are always slow on the take, can't remember which season, but I'm pretty sure it was before those shitty plinkett reviews were made
>>
>>64066752
You didn't notice all the hate the prequels got because you were 11 when they came out.
>>
I've seen the prequels as a kid. I was already familiar with OT and I was in love with it. Phantom really disappointed me. I didn't like it, thought it was boring, I wasn't able to comprehend the story that felt really all over the place. Clones and Sith (especially sith) though I actually really liked, especially during 1st watch. It wasn't until much later that I discovered internet hates on them. I never considered them to be on par with OT, but besides phantom I honestly had fun in cinema as a kid. I don't go back to them though like I go back to OT sometimes.
>>
>>64066752

>the prequels were hated by most
> a faction of irreducible prequel apologists loved them and defended them with a passion, jedi knighting them at every chance

after red letter media review:

>>the prequels are hated by most
> a faction of irreducible prequel apologists love them and defend them with a passion, jedi knighting them at every chance
>a new faction of edgy contrarian revisionists mantain they were always loved by everyone
>a new faction of trolls memepost about them ever being good and liked by most and they were hated only after the red letter media reviews
>>
OP are suck a fucking faggot.

I was eleven years old when Episode 1 came out and even I thought it was garbage.

>Yes, by that point I was very familiar with the full original trilogy
>my dad was based as fuck.
>>
I'd like more (entertaining) deconstruction of movies. This meh it was ok shit doesn't do anything for me. They don't even need to nitpick everything apart, just explain shit. If they all matured and pretend to be above nitpicking my they should do a less sarcastic review for a change. Explain Eyes Wide Shut or something. I don't know.
Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.