[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's been sixteen years. Was The Matrix good? Does it deserve
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (205 KB, 566x333) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
205 KB, 566x333
It's been sixteen years. Was The Matrix good? Does it deserve the place it has in pop culture? are its sequels truly so bad?
>>
>>64066116
the matrix is an all time great action movie

the sequels are a garbage fire and ruined the perception of the original
>>
Matrix owes almost all of its success to a poorly-read fanbase—same with Harry Potter. People who literally had no notion all of the ideas were old and rehashed.
>>
>>64066182
>I didnt like the matrix because I know what the cave is

that might be the most pretentious thing I have read all month
>>
what the fuck was up with the ghost twins in Reloaded? seemed totally out of place and inconsistent with the matrix universe
>>
>>64066116
first one was good. simple and straightforward, while still having deep themes and bringing up thought provoking questions. 2nd and 3rd were more compicated, yet no more deeper or thought provoking than the first.
>>
>>64066182
>DUDE IT'S JUST NEUROMANCER AND THE CAVE
And?

William Gibson is a huge Matrix fanboy and Plato probably would be too. Quit being a faggot.
>>
File: 1428730245272.jpg (7 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
1428730245272.jpg
7 KB, 200x200
>>64066182
>He doesn't know that everything is old and rehashed
You know, The Lion King is Hamlet, right?
>>
>>64066116

Ok. Yes. Yes. No.

thread over
>>
>>64066369
>the sequels arent bad

lmao gtfo of here with that shit
>>
>>64066182
So it's bad to try and spread knowledge through mediums other than their respective original works?
>>
>>64066307
>hurr durr, i excuse all the bad shit i love
>>
>>64066288
>>64066423
and yet contrarians shit on TFA's plot for being an artful homage to Star Wars: A New Hope. pick one or the other, bigots
>>
>>64066423
It's superficial. The discussion's been going on for centuries, and you come lately going I SAW THE MATRIX WHAT IF LIKE WOAH THIS THING ISREAL??????

Demand a bit more out of yourself.
>>
>>64066182
How many people have you met actually familiar with gnosticism? It is good for them to have the ideas presented in an easily digestible medium like this.
>>
File: ggg.jpg (8 KB, 201x300) Image search: [Google]
ggg.jpg
8 KB, 201x300
>>64066234
This, I get what the W. siblings were trying to do, they just like using what they think is cool leather S&M mix and techno, which is their style, but the sequels have alot of thought in them ppl just have to pay attention to the conversation between the architect and Neo, I don't get why so many people don't get it.
>>
Why were they all wearing black clothes and sunglasses?
>>
>>64066492
>THIS THING ISREAL??????

I thought it was like Chicago or something....
>>
>>64066116
Well, yes.

Yes.

Oh, for sure. Yes.
>>
>>64066116
It deserves an oscar desu
>>
File: 1442592597448.jpg (26 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1442592597448.jpg
26 KB, 640x480
Reminder that Reload and Revolutions are OK movies, and not horrible like some redditors says this board.
>>
Hello Reddit ,
>>
>>64066492
we're talking about if the matrix is a good movie or not, wtf are YOU talking about? if you're mad about people talking about the matrix on /lit/ philosophy threads then complaint about it there
>>
>>64066223
Cool fx, bro.

The whole Merovengian stronghold was a gathering place for misfit programs like vampires and werewolves and shit.
>>
File: inada.jpg (12 KB, 209x275) Image search: [Google]
inada.jpg
12 KB, 209x275
>>64066182
>>64066438
>>64066470
>>64066492
Your bait a shit
>>
>>64066492
>It's superficial
good luck never being even a little bit happy and thinking it makes you a better human because of it
>>
>all these people mad they haven't read a book since Bidge to Terabithia in 5th grade.
>>
>>64066223
program anomalies
>>
>>64066516
The sequels were good for what they were but they shit on the original.
>>
>>64066518
because it's something normal people don't wear. it's associated with counter culture. gays, bdsm, bikers, etc. makes the guys who are unplugged look visually like renegades, in contrast to the conservative look of the ones still plugged in
>>
File: image.jpg (68 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
68 KB, 500x500
>>64066402

100% pleb
>>
>>64066182
>comparing harry potter to the matrix
I am guessing people don't often validate your inflated sense of self
>>
>>64066116

What sequels?
>>
>>64066596
>ok not horrible

2 is ok 3 is horrible

1 is something else though, a 10/10 spiritual epic
>>
>>64066116
I liked the Matrix but not so much the sequels.
>>
>>64066680
The problem with the sequels is that the first one set up Neo to be some kind of ultimate Dalai Lama, who freed the world from evil by showing us true clarity.

The sequels turned him into a neo-Superman who flies, moves fast, and punches hard, but nothing more.
>>
>>64066182
i agree, fuck what the other peasant tourists think even if this is bait

it's one of the ultimate ripoff movies but I would admit that it's done really well, packaged correctly, entertaining, appealing on many levels, etc. there's also the element of accessibility, which is definitely not as.. present in most of the things that it's stealing from. and it was done without really cheapening the themes and ideas, which is really surprising imo. again, packaging is key. but at its core it's a blender ripoff.

i actually preferred reloaded. it was an effectively done continuation that was inherently more original (imagine that? that would seem almost fundamentally impossible) and had some really great scenes. yea the chase scene was kinda hacky but i liked that they just owned it and went for it.

revolutions was a fucking nightmare and pretty much everything else those two have done is shit
>>
>>64066116
One of the best, if by going on the strength of the first film alone. A trilogy would have been much, much better than Star Wars.

The sequels fucked it up so hard though and it's better off being considered a standalone film.
>>
>>64066116
I fucking hate matrix because of red/blue pill horseshit
>>
>>64066470
Tfas movies are shit because its shit
>>
>>64067132
if you think a story about humans being used as batteries by machines and put in a virtual reality world is a "rip off" of the cave allegory then you shouldn't be formulating your own opinions because you're dangerously stupid
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.