[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> be me, Ra's al Ghul > name is in Arabic > speak
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Tumblr_ltmp7tEIkr1qh9ho4.jpg (97 KB, 600x828) Image search: [Google]
Tumblr_ltmp7tEIkr1qh9ho4.jpg
97 KB, 600x828
> be me, Ra's al Ghul
> name is in Arabic
> speak with an American accent
> secret base is in China
> daughter talks with a British accent

What the fuck, Nolan?
>>
he was a french mercenary who took the pseudonym Ra's al Ghul after doing work in a bunch of mideast warzones. his daughter was probably educated in britain or france after escaping the pit.
>>
>>64066351
He wasn't the original Ras al Ghul. There were plenty before him i think. I think this name is like a rank or smth.
>>
>>64066570
I vaguely remember batman:the animated series, in which Ras al Ghul was sort of an ever living creature/wizard, that from time to time had to go to a special waterfall to restore his powers.
Can anyone confirm?
>>
He wasn't originally Arabic. He tells Bruce he had a different life before someone killed his family. He found and eventually led the league.
>>
>>64067243
That's sorta what he is in some comics, but I'm guessing Nolan has no fountain of youths in his universe.
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (35 KB, 517x373) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
35 KB, 517x373
>>64067243
> a special waterfall
>>
>>64067243
the OFFICIAL story on Ras is that he has Lazarus pits that give him eternal life
>>
>be white man born in a Middle Eastern prison. Also, be Mexican in the comics
>have some sort of mildly Jamaican autistic mumble accent

Thanks nolan.
>>
>>64067513
Bane in TDKR and Khan in Star Trek Into Darkness were both turned from Hispanic to British

What the fuck there are hardly any beaner characters as it is
>>
>>64067513
also tom hardy is like 5'8
>>
>>64067745
Wasn't Khan supposed to be Indian? That always bugged me. Like they were set on a nonwhite actor but decided Mexican was good enough.
>>
>>64068240
Khan was created in a lab so hypothetically he could have looked like anything. At least that's how I rationalized him being played by a Mexican.
>>
>>64067745
>Khan was hispanic
>Khan Noonien Singh
>hispanic
>>
>>64067243
There are many forms of immortality
>>
>>64068371
Khan was a genetically engineered soldier so he could look a bunch of different ways

I say he's Hispanic because the actor playing him was Ricardo Montalban
>>
>>64067745
>>64068240
>>64068347
Khan was from India I think in the original Star Trek TV show
>>
>>64068240
>>64068347
>>64068371
>>64068425
>>64068499
There was a comic that showed Into Darkness Khan as originally looking Indian, but in the comic Peter Weller remodels Khan's face to look like Benedict Cumberbatch. He does while Khan is still in cryosleep so when he wakes up he can trick him into believing he is a Starfleet guy named John Harrison. It works at first but eventually Khan starts to remember who he really is.
>>
>>64068731
that's just back peddling for bad casting. They should have actually showed that in the movie because who the fuck is gonna read a prequel comic?
>>
>>64068785
Yeah I agree. I wish they would have gotten Naveen Andrews or Nestor Carbonell, it would have fit with how JJ likes casting TV actors from Lost
>>
>>64068893
They were going to get Benicio Del Toro, but he dropped out I think. That would have been awesome and actually done the character justice.
>>
>>64065957
It was Nolan's way of showing us that Ra's was too big for his place of birth to be pinpointed.
>>
>>64070111
so he was a big guy...for us?
>>
>>64068180
He's a small guy
For you
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.