[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Watching TV >Suddenly this episode >MFW i got lots
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Marge-Be-Not-Proud-Stealing1.jpg (23 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Marge-Be-Not-Proud-Stealing1.jpg
23 KB, 320x240
>Watching TV
>Suddenly this episode
>MFW i got lots of feels watching it
>MFW The Simpsons actually had a soul
>MFW The Simpsons are utter crap
>MFW no face
>>
JUST TAKE IT, TAKE IT TAKE IT TAKE IT

TAKE IT
>>
>>64063059
lol
>>
File: 1449821139408.png (149 KB, 480x354) Image search: [Google]
1449821139408.png
149 KB, 480x354
least comfy episode, on the borderline of zombie period too
>>
>>64062989
THRILL HO
>>
>>64064467
how so?
>>
File: 1423125529870.jpg (21 KB, 576x432) Image search: [Google]
1423125529870.jpg
21 KB, 576x432
>>64065121
even though every episode has the simpsons dealing with some problem, this one focuses exclusively on the problem, and on bart being a disappointment to his mother, not just overthrowing bob the mayor or finding what to do with his pet elephant.
as for zombie, the shift is during season 8, but 7 already had some decline.
>>
>>64064467

My least comfy pre-zombie Simpsons episode would either be Two Bad Neighbors or The Canine Mutiny.
>>
File: simpsons.jpg (779 KB, 1470x2637) Image search: [Google]
simpsons.jpg
779 KB, 1470x2637
>>
>>64065241
>this one focuses exclusively on the problem

I agree with the rest of the post but I don't know what you even mean by this
>>
File: 1422694580344.gif (2 MB, 176x144) Image search: [Google]
1422694580344.gif
2 MB, 176x144
>>64065291
well in both of those bart is just a complete dick, and both bush and laddie are unlikeable.
>>
>>64065318

I can't stand looking at those celebrity promo pictures. The designs are just so soulless.
>>
>>64065353
They didn't give a lot of lighthearted moments during the episode, it was really heavy about nuh shoplifting and Marge's disappointment.
>>
>>64065353
He means earlier episodes were capable of treating moral questions without resorting tl cheap tricks and shortcuts that would perfectly fit in terrible shows and government shorts, at the same time the plot actually moves forward.

But "Marge Be Not Proud" takes a single scene (Bart stealing a videogame, that already doesn't really makes sense for Bart to feel bad about it), then it establishes that's bad news for Bart, and the rest of the episode is about Bart, Bart's sad face, and Bart's sadness, BartBartBart.
>>
>>64065570
It might have been somewhat a cheap device for the plot, but it's still a pretty damn good and memorable episode.
>>
>>64065570
>Bart stealing a videogame, that already doesn't really makes sense for Bart to feel bad about it

I dunno, Bart doesn't seem the guy who is a thief, granted, he is mischievous but he isn't the guy who steals or harms other people.
>>
>>64065570
The episode was about a little boy who, through his own selfish and immoral actions, managed to flip the switch in his mother's heart from 'He's a good boy he just makes mistakes!' to 'he's not a good person and I can't do anything about it.'
It's not the single scene, its the culmination of everything up to that point, and Bart realizing he might have finally crossed a line. It was a heartwarming episode because we've all been there with people we love.
>>
>>64065667
you thieving little shit i dont steal, unlike you
>>
>>64065797
I meant the part about crossing a line, not stealing.
>>
>>64065636
True, but even if he broke his mother's heart, there was no reason for the episode to straight play it for sadness and morality. Consider many Homer-Lisa episodes as counterexamples of this episode's cheap, lazy storytelling. No episode broadcasted before "Marge Be Not Proud" did this, which is why it was a first, and one of the first serious warning about the awful incoming future of the show.
>>
>>64065851
sure, you did.
>>
CAT FEESH?
>>
>>64065963
I dunno, the relationship between Homer and Lisa is pretty different so you can't compare them, granted, the plot of the episode was weak but i definitely wouldn't consider it a warning about the awful future of the show.

The Simpsons went to shit for different reasons.
>>
>>64066112
Consider "Lisa's Substitute" or "Lisa's Pony". The first one is about Lisa against society, or how everybody, and specially Homer, are basically stopping her from reaching her maximum potential. The latter one is about Homer, once again, being a terrible parent to Lisa, and resorting to a very quick move.

No one of these episodes focused exclusively on Homer's realization of his awful parenting, or Lisa's depression. They used them as resources for a fucking brilliant source of laughs and damn funny moments.

"Marge Be Not Proud", on the other hand, is even worse the more you think about it. Why all that tension about Bart coming back to the supermarket for a family photo? How was he capable of going back to make a photo for his mother when the security guard forbide him to enter the supermarket again? Why is he trying to avoid his mother (who thinks Bart has stolen a game again) instead of giving her the damn photo?
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.