[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is what prequel fans actually believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8
File: prequels.png (11 KB, 874x102) Image search: [Google]
prequels.png
11 KB, 874x102
This is what prequel fans actually believe
>>
>>64061396
You know you can copy and paste text, right?
>>
I don't fucking care. Seriously. Stop fucking posting threads about your fucking manchild fixations
>>
How many prequel haters have actually seen them recently and can explain why they're bad without parroting redditlettermedia?
>>
You're not a Star Wars fan if you hate the prequels.

Simple as that faggot
>>
>i have never seen the prequels but I have seen the redditlettermedia "reviews" so I know they're bad
get fucked OP
>>
>>64061462
>you are not allowed to reiterate valid criticisms

okay.webm
>>
>>64061396

prequels have more sheev ergo theyre better movies

checkmate redditors
>>
How much is disney paying you OP?
>>
File: 1284093680284.jpg (191 KB, 708x1021) Image search: [Google]
1284093680284.jpg
191 KB, 708x1021
The prequels were much better written, they had actual characters and story, not a bunch of memes and one-liners that lack any emotion or coherence. Luke is a cliched everyboy "hero" that goes through an absurdly rapid transformation between the fifth and the sixth episodes. Anakin's emotional instability and his exposure as a psychopath are gripping; and his doomed relationship with Padme is touching. In the "original trilogy" Han, Leia, Darth Vader and Obi Wan are complete meme characters, nothing about them is remotely believable or human. And why doesn't anyone care about deaths in those movies? Leia's planet destruction, Luke's stepparents' death, all of the blown up rebels--the list could go on--all the deaths are forgotten moments later.

As for direction, the movies from the "original trilogy" were mostly incoherent, badly edited and full of logical problems. The prequel trilogy is a work of a "vulgar auteur".
>>
>>64061462
>without parroting
I'm missing the part where you refute any of Plinkett's points.
>>
>>64061479
I'm fine with not being a star wars fan.

There's really only two films worth watching anyways.
>>
>>64061459
This, jesus christ.
>>
>>64061623
>>64061459

go back to reddit to continue your sophisticated fedora circlejerk
>>
The prequels are great though and arguably better than the OT

>trade route sub plot
>incredible use of CGI
>brilliant comic relief jar jar binks
>all that poetry
>incredible acting by everybody
>subtle dialogue that require multiple viewings to appreciate
>around the survivors a perimeter create
>dat high ground

anyone who disagrees is probably a pleb redditor
>>
>>64061603
Fuck off reddit
>>
File: 1426626429094.jpg (8 KB, 201x251) Image search: [Google]
1426626429094.jpg
8 KB, 201x251
>>64061623
>>64061459
>>
this
>>
File: 1450968175971.jpg (51 KB, 720x757) Image search: [Google]
1450968175971.jpg
51 KB, 720x757
this prequel wars shit is a giant fucking waste of time
>>
>>64061767
Star wars shitposting keeps this board alive
>>
>>64061672
>>64061747
>Being okay with /tv/ being 90% Star Wars

/r/StarWars is thataway
>>
File: 1450506840167.jpg (28 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
1450506840167.jpg
28 KB, 320x240
>>64061747
And a tip back to you like rword friend
>>
>>64061827
thx f4m saved
>>
>>64061813
no it's what's holding this board down, shitting in its mouth and letting it slowly die of intestinal infection
>>
Revenge of the Sith and Clone Wars are definitely better than New Hope and RotJ.

This is simply undeniable. New Hope is extremely slow in parts and really has no climactic parts besides Obi turning into a force ghost of his on volition and nobody giving a shit after 10 seconds.

RotJ is just a mess and takes a bigger dump on consistency and lore accuracy than the prequels ever did.
>force choking as a jedi using a light side gesture
top kek.

#2 and #3 had better characters and better ship battles. The graphics were also better than the practical effects of 4 and 6.

Nostalgiafags ruin every fanbase.
>>
testint cuck, cuckold
>>
>>64061946
>The graphics were also better than the practical effects of 4 and 6.
>The graphics

We're talking about the movies kid not nintendo.
>>
File: 1444515837376.png (199 KB, 786x826) Image search: [Google]
1444515837376.png
199 KB, 786x826
>>64061946
>>
>>64061993
What do you think cgi is? Dumb cunt.
>>
>>64061462
I don't hate the prequels but I really don't like them.

I don't really know what redditlettermedia is supposed to mean so let's begin.

1) The CGI, while good for it's time, is one of those things that ages terribly. The practical effects of the originals doesn't. Seriosuly, George went OD with the fucking CGI. I know everyone says this but it's completely true. That one scene in AotC when it shows that huge war just hurts my eyes. Not a single actual actor in sight, just video game characters.

2)dialogue is very, very strangely written and delivered. "Are you an angel?" seriously makes me want to stop watching whenever I see the movie. Especially the follow up with the moons of iago or whatever the fuck he was talking about.

3)There's a lot of just straight up nonsense that kind of takes you out of the movie.
>The shield generator scene from PM made no sense. Why would the shield generator be outside of the shield? How does R2 fix it by just flicking a switch? What's even the point of the blockade if they were able to just fly through it?
>Anakin tells padme that he killed an entire village of people, including women and children. Instead of expanding upon this and showing Padme start to get fearful, she just brushes it aside and the movie makes room for more mushy romance
>how did c3po's head work on a fucking battled droid?
>They seriously took an underwater ship directly through the core to the other side of a planet. There are so many things wrong with that but I guess you can just chalk it up to "scfi boat"
>I swear, count dooku doesn't react at all to losing his hands. This may just be the actor, but I always am kind of taken back.
There's a lot of more shit like this.

4) ROTS would have been way better if Anakin were likable from the start. His descent and pain would have been devastating, but he starts off in AotC as a hothead ass already. (child Anakin is pretty much a completely different character)

I have way more but whatever
>>
>people unironically like the prequels on /tv/

What shitty meme is this?
>>
>>64062073
I guarantee you I have better taste in cinema than you and they are still better than episodes 4,5,6 and 7
>>
>>64062073
fucking this

I seriously thought this was a joke but I realized the horrible truth that people were actually defending this shit
>>
>>64061459
>>64061623

And yet here you are...
>>
>>64061993
>movies
>visual medium
>ignore the visuals
>>
>>64062149
Epic post
>>
>>64062149
Nice try at attempting to be witty you fucking faggot

>Tell someone fuck off
>You really want me here don't you!!!

God, almighty, what a faggot you are
>>
>>64062124

What's that quote? The one where if you pretend to be idiots you'll find yourself surrounded by real idiots because they think that they've found people that share their views or something?
>>
File: 1450999336939 (2).webm (3 MB, 936x400) Image search: [Google]
1450999336939 (2).webm
3 MB, 936x400
>>64062166
That's honestly one of my least favorite parts about the PT

The visuals aged terribly

Why the hell are the clones and droids just marching at each other firing blasters?They're not even hiding for cover or anything

They fixed this problem for episode 3 but the cgi still just looked awful
>>
File: image.png (611 KB, 512x723) Image search: [Google]
image.png
611 KB, 512x723
>>64061396
Jar Jar was supposed to be a Sith Lord but SW fans are retarded. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>64062124

Some are just trolling but like always new young impressionable users come here, they see all that shit, they want to fit, so they repeat it as much as they can.
>>
love the TFA falseflaggers trying to put the prequels above ANH and ESB
Off yourselves back to reddit

TFA is trash tier
>>
Tbh overall they are worse than the originals imo, but they certainly have their strengths and redeeming qualities. They had a great story and plenty of exciting and memorable scenes.
>>
>>64062237

I thought that part looked cool though. The way the flashes from the bladders looked in the dust cloud was great. Honestly the Geonosis battle is one of my favourite parts in the series.
>>
>>64061459
>>64061623
What do you faggots want to talk about? Make a thread about it and we will come in there and talk about it.
>>
>>64062288
ESB>EPISODE I>ANH
>>
>>64062124
When you mess with the colo, you get the claw.

But seriously, just report and move on.
>>
TFA was okay, lots of plot holes but not shit, no where near as good as the original trilogy, but leagues better than the prequels (which are pure shit)

Any other opinion is shit
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.